PDA

View Full Version : Dean Shiels getting booed

Billychaotic182
22-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Why was this today? I was in the east and he went down at one point after taking a sore one from Dylan and fans were booing and shouting abuse at him.

When he got subbed he was booed also. Have I missed something has he disrespected hibs in anyway or is it just a case of he plays for the Rangers now?

He has always been a player I liked and a good pro. Never heard him say a bad thing about hibs or the fans. Don't understand why people were giving him so much pelters today.

Jones28
22-03-2015, 11:36 PM
Diving little **** who was always in the referees face. Also left a nasty one on one of our players.

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Why was this today? I was in the east and he went down at one point after taking a sore one from Dylan and fans were booing and shouting abuse at him.

When he got subbed he was booed also. Have I missed something has he disrespected hibs in anyway or is it just a case of he plays for the Rangers now?

He has always been a player I liked and a good pro. Never heard him say a bad thing about hibs or the fans. Don't understand why people were giving him so much pelters today.

He never took a sore one. He rolled around like a worm in bleach to make out it was a bad tackle and try to get mcgeoch carded and waste time.

Hannah_hfc
22-03-2015, 11:45 PM
From what I saw, Dylan didn't even touch him. Made a drama out of nothing.

matty_f
22-03-2015, 11:45 PM
He never took a sore one. He rolled around like a worm in bleach to make out it was a bad tackle and try to get mcgeoch carded and waste time.

:agree: Dylan never touched him. Shiels just cheated, and Collum let him away with it.

Billychaotic182
22-03-2015, 11:49 PM
It looked like to me the Dylan's caught his thigh. Might have been wrong and if it was play acting then that explains it. Just in real time I thought he was caught

DH1875
22-03-2015, 11:52 PM

:confused::confused::confused: Maybe because he was a cheating, play acting welt today.

.Sean.
23-03-2015, 12:00 AM
Diving little rat

Boyle89
23-03-2015, 12:07 AM
It was a ****ing foul to hibs! Shiels went in with his studds showing and Dylan pulled away and grazed his arse. He went to grab his shin first. disgraceful behaviour. We were quite right to boo him the little ****!

IrnBru22
23-03-2015, 12:10 AM
It happend right infront of me in the east, Dylan never touched him. Should of been about 7 mins stoppage time with the amount of time wasting they were doing

Billychaotic182
23-03-2015, 12:12 AM
Well that clears that up then.

Pete
23-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Opposition player in "doing all he can to win match" shocker.

Both Dean and Kenny Sheils have made no secret of the fact that they are Rangers minded people from a part of Ireland where you basically fall into one of two categories. They both speak very highly of hibs but that shouldn't make a bit of difference to what they do in their professional lives...put their all into winning at all cost for their team.

It was always going to come to this with Dean, what with him playing directly against us for the hated Huns...but we shouldn't put him in the same category as others players who fully deserve our wrath such as Black or Zaliukas.

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2015, 05:48 AM
I thought he did get skelped, McGeoughs reaction also made it look like he thought he'd caught him. I take it tv showed he missed him?

Either way he was bood before that challenge.

Stokesy's on fire
23-03-2015, 05:59 AM
He lost any respect I once had for him yesterday after going down and playing up like a spoiled little brat

hibee_girl
23-03-2015, 06:24 AM
It happened right in front of us in the East and it did look like Dylan kicked him in the bum :greengrin

Nelly070
23-03-2015, 06:36 AM
It looked and sounded like he got a sore one from Dylan from where I was sitting

Thecat23
23-03-2015, 06:37 AM
Think because he faked injury that many were pissed off at him. Rolling around like that hoping he'd get McGeough sent off.

23-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Dont have much against Shiels personally in all honesty but anyone ho plays for that utter **** team is fair game for booing :greengrin

Cameron1875
23-03-2015, 07:29 AM
Once you sign for Rangers then that's it imo.

Leithenhibby
23-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Think it was plain to see that, The Rangers tried every wee sleekit trick in the book yesterday and the Ref (use that term loosely) fell for every one of them.

We always knew it would come to this, so let's step up :wink:

23-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Think it was plain to see that, The Rangers tried every wee sleekit trick in the book yesterday and the Ref (use that term loosely) fell for every one of them.

We always knew it would come to this, so let's step up :wink:

Niggly fouls to stop the play and stop us flowing were part of their game plan yesterday. Sadly, once again, Collum was to gutless to actually do anything about it.

Hermit Crab
23-03-2015, 07:37 AM

:agree: That's it. Kenny Miller didn't look like he wanted to play for hibs again the way he dived into that crowd to celebrate. Sure it was said on here during the summer he was desperate to come back to hibs. No thanks.

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2015, 07:53 AM

You seem to get a lot more leeway if you go to Celtic instead.

Albanian Hibs
23-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Cheating wee scrote

bingo70
23-03-2015, 08:21 AM

Not from me.

Personally I find the Leigh Griffiths love in embarrassing. I'd hope he'd get just as much stick but I suspect you're right.

cabbageandribs1875
23-03-2015, 08:45 AM
:agree: That's it. Kenny Miller didn't look like he wanted to play for hibs again the way he dived into that crowd to celebrate. Sure it was said on here during the summer he was desperate to come back to hibs. No thanks.

please don't say i was the only one that didn't fall for that, jeezo some young poster was even willing to bet money on it happening

Judas Iscariot
23-03-2015, 08:49 AM
There was NO contact. Cheating wee prick trying to get our man in bother. His challenge was dangerous, high, studs showing and straight legged

Hermit Crab
23-03-2015, 08:53 AM
please don't say i was the only one that didn't fall for that, jeezo some young poster was even willing to bet money on it happening

Never believed it for a minute! We all know where his heart is. After yesterday's celebration, he's well suited to them.

cabbageandribs1875
23-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Never believed it for a minute! We all know where his heart is. After yesterday's celebration, he's well suited to them.

it's probably safe to say the £££'s played a wee part as well :)

and off topic a tad, sparky looked just as glum as every other hibby in a crowd shot yesterday

Bostonhibby
23-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Diving the rangers players gets booed by Hibs fans - seems fair enough to me.

Diclonius
23-03-2015, 09:15 AM
I clapped him off, like many of us did on in the 4-0. One game doesn't make you a dick.

givescotlandfreedom
23-03-2015, 10:05 AM
The dirty scrote went in dangerously on McGeouch and then tried to tried to get the Hibs player in trouble. Typical Hun.

emerald green
23-03-2015, 10:50 AM
He deserved to be booed off. He was "at it" just like the rest of his team mates, under instruction from his new manager. That stuff didn't happen by accident. It was planned.

The referee of course did nothing to stop it, and folk say referees don't win or lose teams matches. They may not put the ball in the net, but Collum as good as done that yesterday.

Bad Martini
23-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Why would we treat Shiels any differently from anyone else coming up against us?

Doesn't matter who it is; you come up against us, expect pelters, boo'ing and anything else we can muster irrespective.

As for the celtic/rangers thing; pish. If you're playing against us, then you are the footballing enemy.

Throw in diving, cheating and hacking and you can **** right off. Doing your job or not, we support OUR team, not former players playing against us...or at least that was the plan last time I looked?

ENDOF

Gatecrasher
23-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Diving little **** who was always in the referees face. Also left a nasty one on one of our players.

Diving little rat

Cheating wee scrote

Diving the rangers players gets booed by Hibs fans - seems fair enough to me.

He deserved to be booed off. He was "at it" just like the rest of his team mates, under instruction from his new manager. That stuff didn't happen by accident. It was planned.

The referee of course did nothing to stop it, and folk say referees don't win or lose teams matches. They may not put the ball in the net, but Collum as good as done that yesterday.

Why would we treat Shiels any differently from anyone else coming up against us?

Doesn't matter who it is; you come up against us, expect pelters, boo'ing and anything else we can muster irrespective.

As for the celtic/rangers thing; pish. If you're playing against us, then you are the footballing enemy.

Throw in diving, cheating and hacking and you can **** right off. Doing your job or not, we support OUR team, not former players playing against us...or at least that was the plan last time I looked?

ENDOF

:top marks

silverhibee
23-03-2015, 11:39 AM

Do they.

Canongatehibs
23-03-2015, 11:49 AM
He's a toalie.

End of.

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Do they.

Mainly basing this opinion on Scott Brown. Don't think Derek got much abuse either. Caldwell was a bit different.

Nothing on the same level as Whittaker or Shiels get/got though.

Smartie
23-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Mainly basing this opinion on Scott Brown. Don't think Derek got much abuse either. Caldwell was a bit different.

I wasn't aware that Whittaker ever got abuse. He was a brilliant player for us, we got a good fee for him and he conducted himself with dignity when he moved and then when he played for them. No complaints from me about Whittaker.

I didn't have any complaints about Shiels until yesterday but he was a loathsome little turd diving, cheating and feigning injury to help nobble a ref on a way to a The Rangers victory at Easter Road. Any fondness or respect I had for him evaporated yesterday.

Thanks for the tap-in at Tynecastle Deano but from now on you're just the same as the rest of them only you just happened to put in some half-decent performances for us as a squad player about a decade ago.

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 12:11 PM
I wasn't aware that Whittaker ever got abuse. He was a brilliant player for us, we got a good fee for him and he conducted himself with dignity when he moved and then when he played for them. No complaints from me about Whittaker.

I didn't have any complaints about Shiels until yesterday but he was a loathsome little turd diving, cheating and feigning injury to help nobble a ref on a way to a The Rangers victory at Easter Road. Any fondness or respect I had for him evaporated yesterday.

Thanks for the tap-in at Tynecastle Deano but from now on you're just the same as the rest of them only you just happened to put in some half-decent performances for us as a squad player about a decade ago.

Also should have been booked when he punted the ball 60 yards away when Murdoch was being booked.

Pretty Boy
23-03-2015, 12:19 PM

Scott Brown had several thousand Hibs fans suggest he enjoyed self pleasuring after he went head to head with Claros in the 2013 cup final. Anthony Stokes got some pretty hefty abuse about his dads activities in prison at ER, Caldwell as you said got it tight and going way back there was a few 'interesting' songs about Darren Jackson.

Tbh I can't be ersed with all this being nice to players when they come back to ER, you sign for another club then fine, thanks for the memories but you're just another opposition player now. Or players making a big deal about not celebrating. Kenny Miller diving into the Rangers crowd yesterday doesn't bother me one bit. He's a Rangers player, has been for large chunks of his career and scored a very important goal yesterday. He could have jumped on a white charger and dressed as King Billy whilst playing a flute for all I care. I was more bothered about us losing the goal thaj what KM was doingm

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Scott Brown had several thousand Hibs fans suggest he enjoyed self pleasuring after he went head to head with Claros in the 2013 cup final. Anthony Stokes got some pretty hefty abuse about his dads activities in prison at ER, Caldwell as you said got it tight and going way back there was a few 'interesting' songs about Darren Jackson.

Tbh I can't be ersed with all this being nice to players when they come back to ER, you sign for another club then fine, thanks for the memories but you're just another opposition player now. Or players making a big deal about not celebrating. Kenny Miller diving into the Rangers crowd yesterday doesn't bother me one bit. He's a Rangers player, has been for large chunks of his career and scored a very important goal yesterday. He could have jumped on a white charger and dressed as King Billy whilst playing a flute for all I care. I was more bothered about us losing the goal thaj what KM was doingm

Completely agree he is a Rangers player and he should celebrate how he sees fit. Up to him entirely.

Smartie
23-03-2015, 01:00 PM
I actually find players not celebrating goals totally disrespectful to the club that now pays their wages.

Kenny Miller's celebration was entirely appropriate given the importance of the goal, what the club have been through and the fact that he's spent much of his career there. Fair play to him there.

It's the snidey, underhand stuff that gets on my nerves. Playing a decent, honest game of football for another club, putting in effort and scoring goals is no crime. But the way Shiels conducted himself yesterday was disgraceful.

MWHIBBIES
23-03-2015, 01:03 PM
You seem to get a lot more leeway if you go to Celtic instead.Not from me, Griffiths and Brown can both GTF.

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2015, 03:46 PM

I agree - although the respect (in general) shown to Brown in particular has been strange considering what he done.

Paloschi
23-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Not from me, Griffiths and Brown can both GTF.

This. 100%

.Sean.
23-03-2015, 04:18 PM
:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
23-03-2015, 04:23 PM

Another who was tempted to sign for this horrible institution. His diving in the game was a joke, but any player wearing that strip, is deserving of pelters.

TheGreenMan
23-03-2015, 04:43 PM
He's a hun. Plays with the huns. I have never and will never clap one of they ****s off the pitch. Each to their own but I could never bring myself to applaud one of they horrible *******s, regardless of their past.

since90plustwo
23-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Understand the booing and what not, but one guy along from me in the bottom of the east was shouting ''one eyed ****'' at him. Utterly disgusting. Also told Malonga to go back to Africa. No place for that at all

MWHIBBIES
23-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Understand the booing and what not, but one guy along from me in the bottom of the east was shouting ''one eyed ****'' at him. Utterly disgusting. Also told Malonga to go back to Africa. No place for that at allThat is disgusting, I hope you reported him to the Police/stewards although I'd imagine they would be too busy doing nothing about The Rangers FC fans and their equally disgusting songs.

Keith_M
23-03-2015, 05:10 PM

Might be before your time but you obviously don't remember the abuse Pat McGinlay got after signing for Celtc.

Pretty Boy
23-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Understand the booing and what not, but one guy along from me in the bottom of the east was shouting ''one eyed ****'' at him. Utterly disgusting. Also told Malonga to go back to Africa. No place for that at all

Completely different and out of order.

A guy behind me in the FF Upper made a loud comment about Shiels eye and was told to shut it and other choice phrases by a fair few including myself.

skipster7
23-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Dylan pulled out of the tackle leaving Dean Shiels writhing about for absolutely no reason. Blatant cheating but nothing done by the ref, much like the rest of the game.:rolleyes:

emerald green
23-03-2015, 06:18 PM

Same here. Especially Brown. He's turned into a right dirty nasty type of player. Thinks he can do what the hell he likes now that he's a big shot captain of Celtic. Some of the stuff he's got away with recently in games against Dundee Utd is ridiculous.

weonlywon6-2
23-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Well that clears that up then.

Always polite to ask 😀😀😀

hibsbollah
23-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Reality doesnt support that. Numerous examples already given, but Caldwell and Whittaker the most obvious examples that blow your theory out of the water. Sorry.

matty_f
23-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Just watched the Shiels incident again and Mcgeouch doesn't touch him. That rolling about feigning injury nonsense should be getting pulled up by the compliance officer.

Stranraer
23-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Fella standing next to me was shouting vile things too, when he scored a penalty for Kilmarnock he didn't celebrate. I can only think he was booed for playing with Sevco.

Swedish hibee
23-03-2015, 07:28 PM
There is way too much sentiment in football.

He cheated, and deserves to be booed.

HibbyAndy
23-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Just watched the Shiels incident again and Mcgeouch doesn't touch him. That rolling about feigning injury nonsense should be getting pulled up by the compliance officer.

:agree:

Cheating little ****!!

Dalkeith Hibee
23-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Total money grabbing mercenary.

No respect for him after signing for that lot

Canongatehibs
23-03-2015, 09:18 PM
I clapped him off, like many of us did on in the 4-0. One game doesn't make you a dick.

Why?
he's an Orc player AND fan.
He was, at very best, an average Hibs man.
I wouldn't waste a clap on him.

Canongatehibs
23-03-2015, 09:20 PM
He's a hun. Plays with the huns. I have never and will never clap one of they ****s off the pitch. Each to their own but I could never bring myself to applaud one of they horrible *******s, regardless of their past.

This.

Spot on.

jane_says
23-03-2015, 09:23 PM

:agree::agree::agree: