PDA

View Full Version : Private Membership question

HibsMax
22-03-2015, 03:11 PM
1. Why was my private membership renewed? I got a mail earlier this week from PayPal saying that the payment has been processed. I didn't initiate it though.
2. Why can't I access the Private Members area? I've paid for it, I may as well get the access. :)

Thanks

marinello59
22-03-2015, 03:15 PM
We can't initiate Private Membership. Your PayPall must be set to recurring subscription, you need to change the settings yourself.
Your access to the board should have been done automatically. Apologies for that. On my phone just now but I can sort that out for you later or if you prefer we can refund your fee.
Sorry again for the lack of access.

ALF TUPPER
22-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Fair doos

Beefster
22-03-2015, 04:01 PM
We can't initiate Private Membership. Your PayPall must be set to recurring subscription, you need to change the settings yourself.

That's one of my bugbears with the PM process. The paypal payment is set as recurring every single time and has to be manually cancelled by the individual. If you forget, you get HibsMax's situation. I've asked the question before but it's generally ignored - there must be a way for Hibs.net to stop every payment being set up as recurring.

dp00
22-03-2015, 04:58 PM
That's one of my bugbears with the PM process. The paypal payment is set as recurring every single time and has to be manually cancelled by the individual. If you forget, you get HibsMax's situation. I've asked the question before but it's generally ignored - there must be a way for Hibs.net to stop every payment being set up as recurring.

Would you generally not want to stay a member so it's not the biggest of deals ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSK
22-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Would you generally not want to stay a member so it's not the biggest of deals ?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNot ideal though if its the last tenner in your pot ..as M59 has explained though hibs.net has no control over paypal & on how you set it up ..there are other ways to pay it but paypal is easier than dropping a tenner through the letterbox ..I just get my Wife to pay mines via her paypal manually as opposed to automatic ..saves hassle in the long term ..:agree:

Sherlock Jones
22-03-2015, 05:13 PM
1. Why was my private membership renewed? I got a mail earlier this week from PayPal saying that the payment has been processed. I didn't initiate it though.
2. Why can't I access the Private Members area? I've paid for it, I may as well get the access. :)

Thanks

I've sorted your Private Member access. I'll send you a message.

HibsMax
22-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Thanks folks.

My membership lapsed last April and I had a banner message asking me to renew for about the last year. Then I got an e-mail from PayPal saying my request has been processed. Weird how it took a year for that to happen though. I wonder why PayPal didn't process this last year. Weird. All's well now though.

Cheers, Max

erin go bragh
16-10-2015, 10:29 PM
I was a private member but my bank card has expired . I'm trying to rejoin the pm but can't figure out how I do it .

GGTTH

Benny Brazil
17-10-2015, 08:18 AM
I was a private member but my bank card has expired . I'm trying to rejoin the pm but can't figure out how I do it .

GGTTH

Try this:

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?5-support-hibs-net

erin go bragh
17-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Try this:

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?5-support-hibs-net

I can't click on anything ( it's only showing a bit of the page )

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 09:03 AM
I can't click on anything ( it's only showing a bit of the page )

Are you on a mobile?

erin go bragh
17-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Yes . iPhone ( I'll try that link on the laptop )

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Yes . iPhone ( I'll try that link on the laptop )

Yep think that could be the problem. The mobile site, whilst great for the forums, isn't brilliant for the front page etc. Try it on the laptop and if that isn't any good PM me or one of the other admins.

Forza Fred
18-10-2015, 10:34 AM
I was a fairly contented member after handing over a tenner inThe Persevereto join up.....I saw it as a donation to help fund the site but renewal could only apparently be done throughPayPal

As I was receiving about two spam emails from PayPal clones and still am, I don't go near that site..

Was going to hand over another tenner when due back a few months ago but never made it.

MSK
18-10-2015, 10:45 AM
I was a fairly contented member after handing over a tenner inThe Persevereto join up.....I saw it as a donation to help fund the site but renewal could only apparently be done throughPayPal

As I was receiving about two spam emails from PayPal clones and still am, I don't go near that site..

Was going to hand over another tenner when due back a few months ago but never made it.We can also do a bank transfer, we have that option for folks who don't use pay pal 👍

erin go bragh
18-10-2015, 10:49 PM
Yep think that could be the problem. The mobile site, whilst great for the forums, isn't brilliant for the front page etc. Try it on the laptop and if that isn't any good PM me or one of the other admins.

Thanks guys . worked on the laptop.