PDA

View Full Version : Refereeing standard is appalling or corrupt.

madhatter
22-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Decision for 2nd goal sums up Scottish referees.

Not because I don't want to support Hibs but due to these horrendous decisions...I'm seriously contemplating keeping my hard earned cash. Fed up of it. Collum was the referee last season when St Mirren player juggled the ball in the box (touched 3 times) was he not?

I think a written complaint from all non-"old firm" should have been sent years ago.

How many "no mores" did they get?

Those that watched on Sky from overseas will see what a farce Scottish football is from this and the Dundee United game against Celtic. Farce.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2015, 01:59 PM
In the strange world of Scottish fitba is Collum not generally hated by Rangers fans as a 'tim'?

TRC
22-03-2015, 02:00 PM
To think they had the cheek to go on strike for a pay rise.

Baader
22-03-2015, 02:01 PM
In answer to the thread I think it's both.

R'Albin
22-03-2015, 02:01 PM
That's cheating. Absolutely no doubt about it.

By the way I think we were crap and deserved to lose today - before someone brings up that argument.

Callum_62
22-03-2015, 02:03 PM
That's cheating. Absolutely no doubt about it.

By the way I think we were crap and deserved to lose today - before someone brings up that argument.

It shouldn't even be a valid argument

We can be crap and have an appalling decision go against us

Which is exactly what happened today

Boyle89
22-03-2015, 02:03 PM
A bad a collum was he wasn't the reason for us losing. Having said that he was ****ing gash! Clear foul for the 2nd goal that even the Rangers players stopped waiting on the whistle. Not one booking for time wasting and letting them feign injury. Gutless coward but don't expect anything else from scottish refs.

R'Albin
22-03-2015, 02:05 PM
It shouldn't even be a valid argument

We can be crap and have an appalling decision go against us

Which is exactly what happened today

The thing is we are pretty much in complete agreement here. They are pretty much separate points: Hibs were ***** today and the referees here are corrupt.

For what it's worth the defenders shouldn't have stopped and a Oxley made it easy for Miller, IMO.

SneakersO'Toole
22-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Until referees actually grow a backbone and take some accountability for bad decisions instead of hiding behind the suits at SFA things will never change.

bingo70
22-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Referees seem to get praise for keeping their cards in their pockets, why?

By Not booking one of their players for one of their 400 fouls in the first 5 minutes of the second half it set the tone fir the rest of the match.

I don't dispute Scott Allan deserved his booking but he wasn't going to get carded until Mcculloch told the ref to, total joke.

Steve20
22-03-2015, 02:09 PM
It was a shocking decision but let's not pretend that's why we lost.m
We could be playing until 10pm tonight and not score

Oscar T Grouch
22-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Referees seem to get praise for keeping their cards in their pockets, why?

By Not booking one of their players for one of their 400 fouls in the first 5 minutes of the second half it set the tone fir the rest of the match.

I don't dispute Scott Allan deserved his booking but he wasn't going to get carded until Mcculloch told the ref to, total joke.

This is what upset me the most, I watched the thug mcculloch run 25 ysrds to collum and basically tell the ref to book Scotty, he had no intention of doing so before the thug appeared in his face.

bingo70
22-03-2015, 02:12 PM
It was a shocking decision but let's not pretend that's why we lost.m
We could be playing until 10pm tonight and not score

It was all hibs second half and at 1 down we were still well in it.

Its clearly not all the fault of the ref however let's not dismiss it as insignificant. It was hugely important.

Scottie
22-03-2015, 02:13 PM
We were pash and Gollum was just as poor.

What really matters now is how we go on from here. Today was a bad day for us but 2nd is still ours to lose.

Callum_62
22-03-2015, 02:14 PM
This is what upset me the most, I watched the thug mcculloch run 25 ysrds to collum and basically tell the ref to book Scotty, he had no intention of doing so before the thug appeared in his face.

Scotty was lucky it wasnt red

marinello59
22-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Scotty was lucky it wasnt red

He was lucky he wasn't booked sooner.

Turkish Green
22-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Strange that for a referee that likes to dish out the cards he was very frugal when it came to booking for persistent fouling today. It was clear that Sevco's tactic was to stop the flow of play by fouling.

However Hibs lost today due to their own inabilities and not due to Gollum's.

Hibbyradge
22-03-2015, 02:32 PM
It wasn't the referee's fault we lost. We were hopeless.

I also don't think it was a foul for the second goal. I need to see it again.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-03-2015, 02:33 PM
To think they had the cheek to go on strike for a pay rise.

Bring back the Malta officials!

Callum_62
22-03-2015, 02:41 PM

I watched BT sport after the game - a clearer foul you will not see

To be fair this is exactly how Neil McCann described it

Shocking decision

Greenwich_Hibby
22-03-2015, 02:41 PM

Thought that too initially but having seen it again, it was a clear foul and the ref clearly saw it. That said we were deservedly beaten and now need to react and approach the next game much more positively and go for a win.

Pete
22-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Has to be corrupt or maybe all this media crap is subconsciously sinking into people's heads.

Absolutely disgraceful decision.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Watching the game in a bar in Kent. Locals interested in the game as I was there. 1st question - how did he get away with that (their 2nd goal)? 2nd question - what are they singing?

AlbertK86
22-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Anybody who was watching on TV able to confirm whether or not Clark was offside for first goal. Certainly looked like it at the game

Hiber-nation
Blaming the ref for that result today is just desperate.

BoomtownHibees
Blaming the ref for that result today is just desperate.

Who has done that?

Hiber-nation
22-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Who has done that?

Can't be arsed reading through the thread but he was decent enough apart from the challenge on Hanlon that lead to the 2nd goal. All this corruption nonsense is just daft.

bobbyhibs1983
22-03-2015, 02:58 PM

I was always under the inression that if a player tries to get another player booked in this way then that player gets a yellow card.

On a side note the amount of times they went down with injures gee, I motion that if a player gets injured, get a couple of people to carry them(or pick them up and chuck them ) off and get on with the game:greengrin

Pete
22-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Can't be arsed reading through the thread but he was decent enough apart from the challenge on Hanlon that lead to the 2nd goal. All this corruption nonsense is just daft.

I can't think of any other explanation for not giving a foul.

Did you see it?

Aldo
22-03-2015, 03:04 PM
A bad a collum was he wasn't the reason for us losing. Having said that he was ****ing gash! Clear foul for the 2nd goal that even the Rangers players stopped waiting on the whistle. Not one booking for time wasting and letting them feign injury. Gutless coward but don't expect anything else from scottish refs.

He may of bit been the reason for us losing but I was sat 100 yards away and could see it was a foul.

Moshni fouled and pulled back umpteen Hibs players yet Collum decided to let him off with it.

Yeah we were poor (ish) today but I thought we were in the ascendancy and with 12 mins to go knocked the stuffing out if us.

Decisions like that, and basics ones at that, make a massive difference.

I have no problems what so every with the players being angry, it was a foul simple as that.

Collum therefore is now up there along with the Cheat!

Phil D. Rolls
22-03-2015, 03:06 PM

Did you see it?

Definitely a foul, but he had been soft all day. Not a surprise.

Golden Bear
22-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Our pal Craig Thomson had another classic boob yesterday when he failed to give the Dons a penalty for the most obvious handball you'll ever see. It's something every week with this guy and how he gets off with it beats me.

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Willie Collum didn't give the ball away all day, that was our midfield. He also didn't let Lee ****ing Wallace run freely down the right for 90 minutes, that was our fullbacks.

We lost because we were pish to a man, nothing to do with the ref.

Tyler Durden

It was a blatant foul and probably a yellow card for Wallace. Even Neil McCann and Mikey Stewart agreed it was a foul

ACLeith
They committed 17 fouls and got 1 booking, says it all.

At the end AS blatantly ignored the ref to shake hands only with the linesman - actions speak louder!

Sadly knew it would be like this before the game, the start of the not-so-hidden agenda.

22-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Huns just niggled away at us all game because it stopped the game from flowing and allowed them to get players back. Unfortunatly they continuously got away with it (surprise surprise!). I haven't seen the highlights but from where I was sitting it was a clear foul on the hibs player just before Millars goal. Just before the second goal we were having a goo spell and were putting a lot of pressure on rangers so as usual up pops the referee to ease rangers worries. Well done again Collum ya unprofessional, corrupt, incompetent cheat!

Absolute embarrassment of a referee.

Phil D. Rolls
22-03-2015, 03:11 PM

At the end AS blatantly ignored the ref to shake hands only with the linesman - actions speak louder!

Sadly knew it would be like this before the game, the start of the not-so-hidden agenda.

The play offs are going to be interesting. Unless you've followed Scottish Football all your life.

As for Hibs, a wee bit below SPL level.

Tyler Durden
22-03-2015, 03:12 PM

He was not decent in any way. He let Moshni away with a blatant yellow offence, warns him and then let's him foul again with no card. Same for Zaluikas I think. Let Rangers break up the game without fear of getting sent off.

To say that a second goal at 1 nil doesn't have a major bearing on the result is pretty silly. Sure Hibs were very poor but the ref played a big part in the end result

emerald green
22-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Willie Collum didn't give the ball away all day, that was our midfield. He also didn't let Lee ****ing Wallace run freely down the right for 90 minutes, that was our fullbacks.

Sorry, but that's not quite correct IMO. It is something to do with the referee (and his assistants) if they don't do their jobs properly. Hibs were poor today and lost, but the referee contributed to the defeat by not doing his job.

For example, why did he allow The Rangers second goal? Did none of the officials see the foul on the Hibs player? Why did he not book a single The Rangers player until about the 70th minute? Why did he allow persistent and blatant time wasting, and what seemed to me like some play acting / feigning injury? The purpose of which was to slow the game up and disrupt any fluency in Hibs play?

R'Albin
22-03-2015, 03:17 PM

That's a good point actually, everyone who criticised the referee said that we played very well.

Hibbyradge
22-03-2015, 03:22 PM
The Rangers' keeper did not make a single save. Not one.

I blame the corrupt referee.

Hibbyradge
22-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Sorry, but that's not quite correct IMO. It is something to do with the referee (and his assistants) if they don't do their jobs properly. Hibs were poor today and lost, but the referee contributed to the defeat by not doing his job.

For example, why did he allow The Rangers second goal? Did none of the officials see the foul on the Hibs player? Why did he not book a single The Rangers player until about the 70th minute? Why did he allow persistent and blatant time wasting, and what seemed to me like some play acting / feigning injury? The purpose of which was to slow the game up and disrupt any fluency in Hibs play?

Why didn't the referee help us put a shot on target?

Phil D. Rolls
22-03-2015, 03:26 PM

By failing to book some of the defenders who stopped us from playing, of course. They got more and more gallus as the game went on.

Maybe sounds like a cop out, but it made a difference.

bingo70
22-03-2015, 03:27 PM

We had three pretty decent chances today, you're obviously right in that we never hit the target with them but to dismiss the significance of the second goal when we were well on top is wrong imo.

We didn't play great today but until the second goal went in we were well in it, not sure why you're trying to suggest it wasn't a significant point in the game?

R'Albin
22-03-2015, 03:28 PM

Radge you're one of my favourite posters but I don't get your point in this thread. Hibs were crap and so was Collum - that's pretty much unanimous. They're separate points and I don't get why they're being used to debate each other.

Phil D. Rolls
22-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Radge you're one of my favourite posters but I don't get your point in this thread. Hibs were crap and so was Collum - that's pretty much unanimous. They're separate points and I don't get why they're being used to debate each other.

:agree: We were starting to press, and I felt our superior fitness was going to bring at least one goal.

Getting the second when they did, meant that they could concentrate in forming a strong defensive unit. Not having to chase the game, at that point, was definitely a bonus for them.

Pete
22-03-2015, 03:33 PM

The referee was to blame for the killer goal. That's the point people are making.

Do you disagree?

Hibbyradge
22-03-2015, 03:35 PM

We lost because we were crap. Even when we improved we created nothing.

To suggest that the ref is corrupt is nonsense.

Maybe it was a foul for the second goal, I didnt think it was, but that's not why we lost.

Hibbyradge
22-03-2015, 03:38 PM
The referee was to blame for the killer goal. That's the point people are making.

Do you disagree?

I need to see it again. If it was a foul, then it was a mistake from the ref. Not corruption.

We were hopeless.

Phil D. Rolls
22-03-2015, 03:42 PM
I need to see it again. If it was a foul, then it was a mistake from the ref. Not corruption.

We were hopeless.

Can't see how hacking down another player in the box is anything other than a foul. The reaction of the Hibs players said a lot, I don't think I've seen them surround the ref like that before.

I suppose the replay might give us an idea what Collum saw. He was right next to it.

Onion
The thing is we are pretty much in complete agreement here. They are pretty much separate points: Hibs were ***** today and the referees here are corrupt.

For what it's worth the defenders shouldn't have stopped and a Oxley made it easy for Miller, IMO.

Agree we didn't play well but at 1-0 we all know the game isn't over. Hibs were playing better and with the Huns low on confidence there was always a chance of us getting an equaliser. A draw would have suited us fine. As it is, that decision killed any chance of a comeback and handed the match to the Huns.

IMO too many terrible decisions in favour of the OF secure big games for them. To dismiss them as " we didn't deserve it anyway" is wrong and just sweeps the issue under the carpet.

emerald green

You're missing the point. I'm not saying it was down to the referee that Hibs lost today. As I said in my post Hibs were poor (and lost because of that).

What I'm saying is that Gollum contributed to the defeat by his totally inept display. Do you think that was a good performance by the referee today?

The referee is not there to "help us" do anything. He is there to officiate, impartially.

Pete
22-03-2015, 03:45 PM

We were hopeless.

I think you do need to see it again. You don't make "mistakes" like that.

Onion
22-03-2015, 03:45 PM
We lost because we were crap. Even when we improved we created nothing.

To suggest that the ref is corrupt is nonsense.

Maybe it was a foul for the second goal, I didnt think it was, but that's not why we lost.

The game against Raith at ER is good an example as any of a team utterly outplayed for 92 mins, yet getting a draw with their only shot. The refs blunder today made sure that wasn't going to happen. Deserving to get beat has nothing to do with it.

Phil D. Rolls
22-03-2015, 03:49 PM
I think you do need to see it again. You don't make "mistakes" like that.

I suppose it was possible he realised he should have given a pen for the push by Fontaine earlier. Maybe just a case of evening up the mistakes?

Hibbyradge
22-03-2015, 03:49 PM
You're missing the point. I'm not saying it was down to the referee that Hibs lost today. As I said in my post Hibs were poor (and lost because of that).

What I'm saying is that Gollum contributed to the defeat by his totally inept display. Do you think that was a good performance by the referee today?

The referee is not there to "help us" do anything. He is there to officiate, impartially.

I thought the ref was fine. Maybe I missed stuff, but I had no issue with him.

I thought Hibs were poor. I have issues with that.

ACLeith
22-03-2015, 03:50 PM

We were hopeless.

My father moaned about biased refs when I was a lad in the 1950s and nothing has changed since then. It happens in other countries as well, where the "big" teams get more decisions in their favour. They are not taking bribes to affect matches, so corrupt is too strong a word to use, but the bias that causes split-second decisions in their favour happens too often to be the law of averages.

Were you happy HR that only one of their 17 fouls merited a booking? There were at least 6-7 that were the same as, if not worse than, the booking for DG in the first half.

Pete
22-03-2015, 03:50 PM
I suppose it was possible he realised he should have given a pen for the push by Fontaine earlier. Maybe just a case of evening up the mistakes?

Come on man that was no penalty. He felt contact and went down like a bitch.

emerald green
22-03-2015, 03:52 PM
I thought the ref was fine. Maybe I missed stuff, but I had no issue with him.

I thought Hibs were poor. I have issues with that.

No maybes about it. You clearly did.

ancient hibee
22-03-2015, 03:55 PM

We were hopeless.

To be honest I don't think you understand what you are watching.The ref let Rangers commit numerous fouls in our half so that they could get back into position to defend a free kick rather than allow open play.This resulted in us never building up any momentum.

Hiber-nation
22-03-2015, 03:59 PM

Did you see it?

Course I saw it. How the hell is Collum corrupt? You're just being silly.

He is a very poor ref, no doubt about that.

matty_f
22-03-2015, 04:05 PM
He gave Moshni about three last warnings and still didn't book him. Rangers had near impunity to do what they liked.

Just watched a replay of the second goal and it's as clear a foul as you will see, and it took Hanlon out of the space that Miller ran into to score.

Pete
22-03-2015, 04:08 PM

Silly eh? We've seen it time and time again year after year but it's still denied by some. Maybe corrupt is the wrong word but it isn't far off.

Glasgow club get big decision when it matters. Sick of it.

kaimendhibs
22-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Hibs didn't play well today but it doesn't change the fact Gollum was awful today! He let several Newco players foul with impunity. For me it wasn't all about it would have affected the outcome today but the bigger picture, suspensions in the run in etc. corrupt

NAE NOOKIE
22-03-2015, 04:19 PM
I couldn't tell from the FF if it was a foul for the 2nd goal or not, but the Moshni shirt tug was as clear as day and should have been a booking on its own, never mind the fouls he committed after that.

I don't think I have seen a game for years where players were allowed to get away with feigning injury and time wasting as much as the current buns did today .... or a ref who was so keen to let it go.

kaimendhibs
22-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Just seen the second goal in telly, how is that not corrupt or did he truly believe it was no foul😳

Aldo
22-03-2015, 04:23 PM
He gave Moshni about three last warnings and still didn't book him. Rangers had near impunity to do what they liked. Just watched a replay of the second goal and it's as clear a foul as you will see, and it took Hanlon out of the space that Miller ran into to score.

This. How he didn't get booked for a pull and then chopping down Fyvie is beyond me.

The icing on the cake being the foul for the 2nd goal.

22-03-2015, 04:27 PM
He gave Moshni about three last warnings and still didn't book him. Rangers had near impunity to do what they liked.

Just watched a replay of the second goal and it's as clear a foul as you will see, and it took Hanlon out of the space that Miller ran into to score.

It was becoming comical how many "last warnings" rangers players were getting. Wouldn't want to upset one of the OF now would we Collum?!

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Forget the other fouls. The one at the second goal killed the game! Not seen it again yet but it looked 100% clear from my seat! Unbelievable how that was not given.

Cod Boy
22-03-2015, 04:34 PM
Its the start of the referees decisions to get them back up to the top league.

Scottie
22-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Forget the other fouls. The one at the second goal killed the game! Not seen it again yet but it looked 100% clear from my seat! Unbelievable how that was not given.
:rolleyes: That decision didn't kill the game at all. The negative tactics and our lack of any creativity done that by ourselves. They wanted it more today unfortunately.

Phil D. Rolls
22-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Come on man that was no penalty. He felt contact and went down like a bitch.

Ok then, just trying to be fair.

Monts
22-03-2015, 04:36 PM
you can tell the rangers have had a cash injection recently. The leniency from the ref said it all.

matty_f
22-03-2015, 04:37 PM

Wait till you see it again, it was so obvious, so clear, and so blatantly a foul that Collum not giving a foul takes the decision out of incompetence and raises questions over his impartiality in the game.

Add in the fact that Rangers had double the fouls and half the bookings that we did and you can see why people question his integrity.

Cod Boy
22-03-2015, 04:40 PM
:rolleyes: That decision didn't kill the game at all. The negative tactics and our lack of any creativity done that by ourselves. They wanted it more today unfortunately.

While i agree Hibs didnt play well today.
At 1.0 down you always have a chance of getting something out of the
game. That clowns decision to not give a foul gave us. no chance so imo
it did kill the game.

Scottie
22-03-2015, 04:43 PM
While i agree Hibs didnt play well today.
At 1.0 down you always have a chance of getting something out of the
game. That clowns decision to to give a foul gave us. no chance so imo
it did kill the game.
Respect your opinion but at what stage today did you think we looked like scoring ? For me I didnt think we would score if we played till next weekend.

ancient hibee
22-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Respect your opinion but at what stage today did you think we looked like scoring ? For me I didnt think we would score if we played till next weekend.

We mucked up an open goal when 2 on 1 and had 3 free headers that the goalie didn't have to save-or did I imagine these?

Deansy
22-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Dunno why everyone thinks Collum was bad today,it's been evident since Dec\Jan that the Hun weren't going to 'Stroll to victory'in this league. Column's display today will be nothing compared to what we'll have to endure when we probably (thanks to today's result) have to face 'Scotland's Shame' in the play-off's !! The GFA have a rabid-determination to get the Hun into the SPL and I fully expect Craig Thomson will 'Get the call' !!

Aldo
22-03-2015, 04:56 PM

Your either on a fishing trip with your opening gambit or know little or nowt about football.

Yeah we were poor but at 1 nil your always in it. That decision with about 12 to go killed the game. I really don't understand why you would say that.

Pete
22-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Respect your opinion but at what stage today did you think we looked like scoring ?

How about when one of our so called strikers was clean through on bloody goal? :

Ach you've got to laugh. :greengrin

CraigHibee
22-03-2015, 05:00 PM
collum bottled it today with several decisions, must have had his hun top on underneath, doesnt detract the fact we had nothing upfront, if djedje had taken a shot instead of making a james blunt of it things might have been different.

in the first half we never got out of 2nd gear, we played better in the 2nd but lacked the finishing touch, cummings was missed today

Scottie
22-03-2015, 05:02 PM
We mucked up an open goal when 2 on 1 and had 3 free headers that the goalie didn't have to save-or did I imagine these?
Was I watching a different game them. DD chance fair enough but 3 free headers ?

Still couldn't see us scoring till next week. :aok:

ancient hibee
22-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Was I watching a different game them. DD chance fair enough but 3 free headers ?

One in the first half two in the second.No point in going up for corners and frees if you fail to direct a free header on target.

bingo70

Hanlon had one, fontaine had one on the first half, not sure about the third one.

Scottie
Your either on a fishing trip with your opening gambit or know little or nowt about football.

No on a fishing trip but apart from the DD chance couldn't see us scoring today. Oh and I know SFA about football :wink:

Ach you've got to laugh. :greengrin
:agree: :greengrin

JimBHibees
22-03-2015, 05:11 PM
I couldn't tell from the FF if it was a foul for the 2nd goal or not, but the Moshni shirt tug was as clear as day and should have been a booking on its own, never mind the fouls he committed after that.

I don't think I have seen a game for years where players were allowed to get away with feigning injury and time wasting as much as the current buns did today .... or a ref who was so keen to let it go.

I was in FF upper and could clearly see it as a blatant foul. It is corrupt and given what has happened to us in the past with cheat number 1 anyone that says there is no chance of corruption needs to stop believing in the Easter bunny and Santa. Glasgow ref gives Glasgow team another big decision, it has happened for years and will again.

Hedlund12
22-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Corrupt is a word I used today to describe the refereeing display today. Whilst I was disappointed we didn't fire on all cylinders, I'll take the defeat today - rather today than in the playoffs. I'm still happy with the progress being made at ER.
Back to the referee ...there were 10 fouls committed by hibs with 3 bookings made. (So on average for every 3rd foul we made we picked up a booking). The soap dodgers committed 17 fouls and picked up 2 bookings... One booking for a goal celebration. (Excluding the goal celebration booking that means 1 booking in 17 fouls). Can someone out there with some refereeing savvy...explain to me how that doesn't reek of corrupt refereeing? Anyway rant over its not the first time I've thought it and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Alan Stubbs makes reference to poor refereeing (as a player in Scotland) in his book... bloody shame it's still going on now he's back in Scotland as a manager!

Hibbyradge
22-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Do folk really think that Collum saw the foul, then saw where the ball broke to, and deliberately decided wave play on in case The Rangers scored a second goal?

sh00byd00
22-03-2015, 05:28 PM
I watched BT sport after the game - a clearer foul you will not see

To be fair this is exactly how Neil McCann described it

Shocking decision

I didn't think it was a foul at first either. Only seeing it for a second time did i think there was no question that it was a foul. I'm not disputing refs up here are ****, because they are, however, I wasn't cheating when I first thought there was nothing in it, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the ref genuinely thought there was nothing in it either. Football as a whole should allow refs to access TV replays. Even allowing teams two contested decisions per game would be better than nothing.

Allow clubs any number of contested decisions and it will be used to break the game up and to waste time.

matty_f
22-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Do folk really think that Collum saw the foul, then saw where the ball broke to, and deliberately decided wave play on in case The Rangers scored a second goal?

Dave, I think he knew it was a foul and waved play on. He had a great view of it, the other explanation is that despite pulling up play time and time again for fouls throughout the game, he somehow decided that that particular challenge was fine.

I can't imagine anyone having the view that Collum had of the incident thinking that wasn't a free kick to Hibs.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Whilst if the ref does his job it's not an issue, they way every single one of our players simply stopped was ridiculous.

kaimendhibs
22-03-2015, 05:46 PM

Aye, me. What's your take on it?

Hibbyradge
22-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Aye, me. What's your take on it?

At the time, I didn't think it was a foul. I think he thought the same as me.

kaimendhibs
22-03-2015, 05:50 PM

Ok fair enough.

CropleyWasGod
22-03-2015, 05:55 PM
you can tell the rangers have had a cash injection recently. The leniency from the ref said it all.

No they haven't.

Are you suggesting that they bribed the ref?

Cameron1875
22-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Remember this is a referee that gave Rangers a penalty when his back was turned!!

Woeful ref and won't be the first of strange goings on if we get them in the playoffs.

AndyB_70
22-03-2015, 06:13 PM
I was in the east at about the half way line and thought it was a foul straight away and could not understand why he did not give it. With him being a darn sight closer than me I've no idea how he could not see it.
We were rubbish today but at 0-1 there was always a chance we could fluke a goal but his lack of giving then some yellow cards and allowing them to score the 2nd did have a direct effect on their play. To say it didn't is just daft.

Cropley10
22-03-2015, 06:14 PM

Hang on - the midfield lad got booked for the foul on Boyle, SURELY, Miller got booked for diving in to the crowd to celebrate too???

bingo70
22-03-2015, 06:16 PM
I don't think there is a deliberate attempt to cheat. I do think they are scared to give bad decisions against rangers so will give them the benefit of the doubt or be reluctant to give a yellow in case it gives them a decision to make later in the game. If they get something wrong against a club like hibs then nobody really cares so won't come back to bite them. Look at Craig thomsons career since that final, if that decision in that game went against rangers he'd have been finished.

Look back to Danny handlings sending off at ibrox, if that was a rangers player not a chance he'd have been sent off.

DaveF
22-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Hang on - the midfield lad got booked for the foul on Boyle, SURELY, Miller got booked for diving in to the crowd to celebrate too???

He did.

emerald green
22-03-2015, 06:17 PM

Yes, I think he must have seen it. How could he not have seen it? He was up with play was he not? Most people in the ground saw it, as did commentators on TV I believe. Do you seriously think referees never see fouls and at times just let them go?

Presumably his assistant was "unsighted" too? So, what were the pair of them doing?

He / they just didn't have the courage, or integrity, to do his / their job and chalk it off after the ball ended up in the net. I wonder if he would have allowed that goal to stand had it happened like that at the other end, judging by his continued failure throughout the game, to caution The Rangers players?

This is why people are using the term corrupt. It was just so blatant, and people just cannot understand that utter nonsense as being impartial refereeing.

As I've said already, the referee wasn't the sole reason Hibs lost today, but that isn't the point. He could well have been.

Cropley10
22-03-2015, 06:18 PM

I thought when DJ was 1 on 1 with the keeper we looked like scoring.

I thought when Fontaine rose to header the ball inside the first 10 we looked like scoring.

Cropley10
22-03-2015, 06:19 PM
He did.

Thanks!!:greengrin

emerald green
22-03-2015, 06:25 PM
I wonder if Hibs will make any sort of formal complaint about today's referee?

Probably not because the club will get this guy again no doubt. The club and the fans just have to roll over and take it as usual.

CropleyWasGod
22-03-2015, 06:27 PM
I wonder if Hibs will make any sort of formal complaint about today's referee?

Probably not because the club will get this guy again no doubt. The club and the fans just have to roll over and take it as usual.

Is is still the case that clubs give feedback to the SFA about officials after each match?

Mr White
22-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Is is still the case that clubs give feedback to the SFA about officials after each match?

If so you'll find a bunch of rangers fans drinking cheap tonic wine next to the "filing cabinet" they end up in :greengrin

Monts
22-03-2015, 06:29 PM
No they haven't.

Are you suggesting that they bribed the ref?

That was the implication

emerald green
22-03-2015, 06:30 PM

I'm not sure Cropley. I just threw in the question for debate. Maybe someone knows?

If they do, Hibs need to get the gloves off and make the club's feelings crystal clear. It's the least they could do. If they say nothing, stuff like this will just go on and on.

JimBHibees
22-03-2015, 06:31 PM

Undoubtedly.

Pete
22-03-2015, 06:34 PM

Yes. Miller was through on goal almost immediately after the foul.

I believe it was because it was Rangers that he let play continue resulting in a gilt edged chance. At the very best a bottle merchant and at the worst a downright cheat.

Dubai
22-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Scottish football needs a big sponsor and the only way that will happen is when Celtic and The Rangers are in the same division. Standby for some more unbelievable decisions in favour of The Rangers.

ACLeith
22-03-2015, 06:40 PM

Agreed but only 1 booking for fouls committed during play, that was my point

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 06:42 PM
The ref put the whistle to his mouth and when the ball broke to Miller he let play go on. I thought that he was going to book Miller for kicking the ball into the net for time wasting but no, he allowed the goal. Every hibs player stopped and so did the Rangers players except Miller.

I forget who the hibs player was that got fouled but he got hit that hard he spun round! Had texts straight away saying certain foul and the TV panel agreed. Even jambo mates text me saying they couldn't believe it wasn't a free kick to hibs.

At 0-1 we were still in it and that decision ended it for us. Expect them to get more and more of those in the coming weeks as the SFA try to get them back up in the SPFL.

Sure it was reported that Miller was desperate to return hibs, it didn't look like it today as he bolted into the crowd to celebrate with those tits. Hope he never returns to hibs.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 06:43 PM

You never thought it was a foul? He was taken clean out!!! 😂

hibbytam
22-03-2015, 07:23 PM

Do you think he didn't see the foul? Because he was up with play, in a good place to see it, and it was clearly a foul. If he didn't see it, he probably look into a new career. So I am assuming he did see it, and decided not to act on it.

Cropley10
22-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Agreed but only 1 booking for fouls committed during play, that was my point

Got you! :aok:

Phil D. Rolls
22-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Can't wait for Sportscene. We are on it aren't we?

Argylehibby
22-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Can't wait for Sportscene. We are on it aren't we?

The Rangers will be.

basehibby
22-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Couldn't believe that 2nd goal was allowed to stand considering the assault that had just taken out a Hibs defender (Hanlon?) - I'm not surprised that having just witnessed a teammate being poleaxed, virtually every Hibs player paused momentarily - expecting to hear the whistle blow. The ball broke to Miller who then had an easy chance anyway, but play should have definately been stopped by then. One thing this proves is how much of a joke it is calling Linos Assistant referees - it is apparent that Collum somehow miraculously missed this brazen assault - I find it very hard to believe that both the linos missed it as well.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Considering the amount of tackles that were going in, the fact it took 69 minutes for a Sevco player to get booked is mind blowing.

Baldy Foghorn
22-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Considering the amount of tackles that were going in, the fact it took 69 minutes for a Sevco player to get booked is mind blowing.

And the number of times the same Sevco player got a "final warning", was also baffling.....Persistent fouling, they spoiled the game, but Collum chose not to brand the cards....

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 08:43 PM
And the number of times the same Sevco player got a "final warning", was also baffling.....Persistent fouling, they spoiled the game, but Collum chose not to brand the cards....

His failure to stop play for the 2nd goal will be on a what happened next question on a question of sport ffs!

Baldy Foghorn
22-03-2015, 08:44 PM
His failure to stop play for the 2nd goal will be on a what happened next question on a question of sport ffs!

Nah, the boy could have kicked Hanlon's Heed off, and collum would still have waved play on, no surprises....

Sir David Gray
22-03-2015, 08:47 PM

:agree: The one that immediately springs to mind was Mohsni pulling a Hibs player's shirt (can't remember who) in the second half and he just gets told to calm down.

Pulling someone's shirt is supposed to be an automatic booking!

Baldy Foghorn
22-03-2015, 08:48 PM
:agree: The one that immediately springs to mind was Mohsni pulling a Hibs player's shirt (can't remember who) in the second half and he just gets told to calm down.

Pulling someone's shirt is supposed to be an automatic booking!

Indeed Trig.....

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 08:52 PM
A few emails fired off to the sfa after this game about decision?

grunt
22-03-2015, 08:53 PM
According to the BBC, they should have had a penalty.

The visitors might have had a penalty, too, after Fontaine pushed Clark in the back as the striker looked to turn inside the box. Referee Willie Collum had an unobstructed view of the incident, but was unmoved.

ACLeith
22-03-2015, 08:55 PM

But Collum did their bidding, he'll get a win bonus!!

Pete
22-03-2015, 08:57 PM

It will just be moved to the box titled "fenian *******s" without being opened.

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 08:59 PM
It will just be moved to the box titled "fenian *******s" without being opened.

Is there an independent body that can be contacted?

Pete
22-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Is there an independent body that can be contacted?

Not one that can do anything about the ingrained bias. Good old Scottish football.

kaimendhibs
22-03-2015, 09:05 PM

From my view in FF upper, Fontaine was pushed first

Pete
22-03-2015, 09:06 PM

You mean "according to BBC Glasgow".

kaimendhibs
22-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Let's face it, it's started. By it, I mean that every trick in the book will be used to ensure The Rangers are in the SPL next season. Horrible corrupt football association and if I didn't love Hibs so much I would have turned my back on it years ago

matty_f
22-03-2015, 09:12 PM
The ref let them away with murder, as was the case in the 4-0 win against them earlier in the season. How many times did he make the 'looking at my watch because you're time-wasting' gesture without taking any action?
Moshni must have thought he was invisible with the amount of fouling he got away with.
Was it Dean Shields that was proper injured after making out Mcgeouch had fouled him? Should have been a yellow for simulation imho.

Shirt pulling and blocking early free kicks should all have been punished as well.

Bostonhibby
22-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Let's face it, it's started. By it, I mean that every trick in the book will be used to ensure The Rangers are in the SPL next season. Horrible corrupt football association and if I didn't love Hibs so much I would have turned my back on it years ago

:agree:

Callum_62
22-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Was it Dean Shields that was proper injured after making out Mcgeouch had fouled him? Should have been a yellow for simulation imho.

That was ridiculous play acting!

matty_f
22-03-2015, 09:49 PM
That was ridiculous play acting!

:agree: and well worth a booking.

Mikey09
22-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Get ready for some more "honest mistakes" in the run in!!! :wink:

Jdawg
22-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Ref was terrible, yes.

We were also terrible, barely a shot on target, abysmal.

matty_f
22-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Just watched it again on Sportscene, foul all day long. Collum definitely saw it as well. That's not incompetence, he chose to ignore that.

Hannah_hfc
22-03-2015, 10:54 PM
I think that was the single worst decision I've seen at ER since the ball that was over the line v the yams that wasn't a goal....

I might be shot down for this completely but given the circumstances and refs being blatantly against us, I think the team need to be told don't stop playing until you hear the whistle. Sad but I think we'll see a few more dodgy decisions in weeks to come.

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Just watched it again on Sportscene, foul all day long. Collum definitely saw it as well. That's not incompetence, he chose to ignore that.

What did the completely impartial commentators and pundits say about it?

matty_f
22-03-2015, 11:47 PM
What did the completely impartial commentators and pundits say about it?

Foul.

Apart from Steven Thomson who said something like Collum might have viewed it as a coming together or innocuous. Though he did say it was a foul on his opinion IIRC.

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 11:50 PM
Foul.

Apart from Steven Thomson who said something like Collum might have viewed it as a coming together or innocuous. Though he did say it was a foul on his opinion IIRC.

Not like them. Still, I doubt this will highlighted in the papers tomorrow.

Pete
23-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Not like them. Still, I doubt this will highlighted in the papers tomorrow.

It won't be and nothing more will happen.

If that was at the other end and we had scored the papers would be in uproar and his windows would be tanned.

We need referees that have nothing to do with this ****ing rotten country.

Haymaker
23-03-2015, 12:47 AM
This was always going to happen. We all knew it. The refs will help The Rangers anyway they can to get them back in the top flight as soon as it started to look like they wouldn't make it.

Stokesy's on fire
23-03-2015, 06:01 AM
Collum made the biggest blunder of his career he forgot to wear his rangers shirt..the guys a Hun for sure

Hermit Crab
23-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Collum made the biggest blunder of his career he forgot to wear his rangers shirt..the guys a Hun for sure

Supposedly a jungle jim.

Bill Milne
23-03-2015, 07:47 AM
Even if we had won, and we didn't deserve to, Gollum's refereeing was abysmal. It was summed up by Mohsni getting a clear final warning then committing a poor challenge without a flicker of interest from Gollum. At least 4 Huns should have been booked IMHO.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Supposedly a jungle jim.

The Huns call him Father Collum.

Absolutely baffling decision, unless you've followed Scottish football all your life.

Hermit Crab
23-03-2015, 08:22 AM
The Huns call him Father Collum.

Absolutely baffling decision, unless you've followed Scottish football all your life.

That decision was broadcast around the world. Viewers in other countries must be thinking scottish football just lets players do what they want!

Bostonhibby
23-03-2015, 08:32 AM
That decision was broadcast around the world. Viewers in other countries must be thinking scottish football just lets players do what they want!

:agree: A couple of English fans I watch games with didn't believe there could be bias along the lines the rest of us from Scotland know about.

In the pub last night one actually said to me that "it's starting isn't it" he referred to the foul leading up to the second goal and the fact that Rangers just broke up play through fouls that went unpunished. He didn't think we were going to win the way we were set up and that seemed fair comment too.

WillowbraeHibby
23-03-2015, 08:45 AM
I don't really believe that we as Hibs supporters are ever surprised with regards some decisions being given against us, it won't be the first, or the last.

The problem I have myself, is how bloody blatant these decisions are, and nothing at all is done about it.....

It was a clear as day foul, and it was blatantly ignored.

Rant ended...

Mikey09
23-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Ok. Just watched it. First.... Hanlon clearly fouled by Wallace. Second... Gollum perfectly positioned to make the call. Third... The ball falls perfectly for Miller who takes a touch and rams it in the net. On the first point... Wallace is nowhere near the ball when he catches Hanlon who is in the process of clearing it. On the second point... Great view so at best incompetent, at worst corrupt. Third point... Gollum sticks both hands out in a confused manner looking like he doesn't know what to do..... My opinion- The guy is COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT!!! He would have been as well wrapping the ball up in some nice gift wrapping, maybe a wee bow on top and placing it in front of Miller who could then pick it up and walk into the goal with it..... But hey... These decisions even themselves out by the end of the season right?? So can't wait to see what we get in the play off if it's against them... Won't be holding my breath though.... :whistle:

Oh and to top it off... The boy who is FOULED in this fiasco is booked!!! :faf:

number9dream
23-03-2015, 08:59 AM

The guy is, or certainly was, a religious studies teacher at a catholic school in Bellshill. The best 'deep-cover' since Homeland series one! Or spectacular incompetence?

Sergio sledge
23-03-2015, 09:03 AM
If we win through to meet Rangers in a play-off, I expect Alan Stubbs to come out in the media before the match talking about how the referee needs to be strong and highlighting the constant niggling fouls Rangers were allowed to get away with in this game in order to put pressure on the referee in the run up to the match. The amount of times a Rangers player fouled one of our players in our own half to prevent us breaking up the park was ridiculous.

I would also expect him to be working with the players in training about how to overcome this as this is exactly what they would set out to do in any play-off game and in all probability the referee will let them away with it.

Hopefully this will fire the players up again to make the final push to the end of the season.

Mikey09
23-03-2015, 09:09 AM
If we win through to meet Rangers in a play-off, I expect Alan Stubbs to come out in the media before the match talking about how the referee needs to be strong and highlighting the constant niggling fouls Rangers were allowed to get away with in this game in order to put pressure on the referee in the run up to the match. The amount of times a Rangers player fouled one of our players in our own half to prevent us breaking up the park was ridiculous.

I would also expect him to be working with the players in training about how to overcome this as this is exactly what they would set out to do in any play-off game and in all probability the referee will let them away with it.

Hopefully this will fire the players up again to make the final push to the end of the season.

He he would be better doing a Neilson and practising playing with 10 men!!! Absolute stick on.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2015, 10:09 AM

On a broader issue - what does it say about Scotland as a country? It smacks of a banana republic to me.

He he would be better doing a Neilson and practising playing with 10 men!!! Absolute stick on.

By no means as daft as it sounds.

emerald green
23-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Just had a look at Collum on Wiki.

It says "On 11 June 2012 it was announced that Collum had been elevated to FIFA Elite Referee level joining Craig Thomson on the 24 strong list of the world's leading referees." Are they both still on that elite level? If so, that's just incredible. :rolleyes:

Another bit says after Collum refereed his first Old Firm match he received death threats against him and his family, which were described as having a sectarian overtone (looks like he angered Celtic that day).

I believe The Rangers fans believe Collum is a "Tim", and for that reason I think he maybe tried to over compensate in The Rangers favour yesterday to try to prove he is not a "Tim" and is therefore not biased against them, especially in such a high profile and important fixture. Plus, who would want to be getting death threats, from whichever side it comes from? He is from Glasgow and he and his family have to live beside all that stuff.

It's just a thought, only Collum knows for sure, because I still cannot fathom out his failure to disallow The Rangers second "goal". Would he have allowed that to stand had it been Hibs who scored like that?

Alan Stubbs is all over the media today lambasting Collum. It would be better if Collum was allowed to explain himself, but he wont be allowed to say anything I believe.

The game in this country just stinks.

Deansy
23-03-2015, 10:23 AM
In the strange world of Scottish fitba is Collum not generally hated by Rangers fans as a 'tim'?

Maybe, however they also allege they hate the 'Daily R*tard' as well ..............

scoopyboy
23-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Ok. Just watched it. First.... Hanlon clearly fouled by Wallace. Second... Gollum perfectly positioned to make the call. Third... The ball falls perfectly for Miller who takes a touch and rams it in the net. On the first point... Wallace is nowhere near the ball when he catches Hanlon who is in the process of clearing it. On the second point... Great view so at best incompetent, at worst corrupt. Third point... Gollum sticks both hands out in a confused manner looking like he doesn't know what to do..... My opinion- The guy is COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT!!! He would have been as well wrapping the ball up in some nice gift wrapping, maybe a wee bow on top and placing it in front of Miller who could then pick it up and walk into the goal with it..... But hey... These decisions even themselves out by the end of the season right?? So can't wait to see what we get in the play off if it's against them... Won't be holding my breath though.... :whistle:

Oh and to top it off... The boy who is FOULED in this fiasco is booked!!! :faf:

After the second goal several players were swearing at Collum, Paul Hanlon arrived on the scene and simply stated "ref, that was a foul".

No swearing like the other Hibs players and yet he was the one that picked up the booking.

Mental, also how many Hun players did he say to early in the second half last foul or you're booked and then they proceeded to commit another foul almost right away.

I never thought I was one for conspiracy theories but I can see Rangers getting a lot of controversial decisions between now and the end of the season, especially in the play offs.

Apologies if I am repeating what others have posted as I haven't read through the whole thread.

Baader
23-03-2015, 10:57 AM
After the second goal several players were swearing at Collum, Paul Hanlon arrived on the scene and simply stated "ref, that was a foul".

No swearing like the other Hibs players and yet he was the one that picked up the booking.

Mental, also how many Hun players did he say to early in the second half last foul or you're booked and then they proceeded to commit another foul almost right away.

I never thought I was one for conspiracy theories but I can see Rangers getting a lot of controversial decisions between now and the end of the season, especially in the play offs.

Apologies if I am repeating what others have posted as I haven't read through the whole thread.

Yeah. Hanlon cleaned out and booked for the privilege. Probably because Wallace could have injured himself in making the foul...

Argylehibby
23-03-2015, 11:03 AM

:agree: I raised a similar point at a working together meeting some time back, on that occassion in reference to derby matches and the decisions that have gone against us in those. I think the club have been more vocal in standing up for itself on other stuff but for the next derby and certainly in the play offs we should be putting presssure on in the run up to games especially if Collum or Thomson are to be involved.

Deansy
23-03-2015, 11:04 AM

Robert Hoyzer, German referee jailed in 2006 for corruption (Match-fixing)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hoyzer

If it can happen in one of the world's biggest leagues, it can certainly (and does, IMHO) happen here.

Baader
23-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Robert Hoyzer, German referee jailed in 2006 for corruption (Match-fixing)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hoyzer

If it can happen in one of the world's biggest leagues, it can certainly (and does, IMHO) happen here.

Of course it can (and I agree does.)

Remember Jim Farry and why he was emptied? It worked from the top down.

Bad Martini
23-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Having waited almost 24 hours for the alcohol to drain out my system I am still of the opinion:

1) Colum made a total arse of the game with persistent ****ing inaccurate decisions...evidence/source? Check out the number of fouls without cards...

2) Colum allowed that second goal to stand. Fact: it SHOULD have been a Hibs foul.

3) IF that had happened, we stood a chance of equalising but on balance, we were never gonna score two goals yesterday. We made too many **** ups and deserved little more that what we got. We did NOT deserve to lose a second goal when a foul was commited.

4) Err, thats it.

We were pish. So was the ref. To suggest the ref's pish display didnt at least assist in our downfall, physologically at the very least is plain radge. We had no chance of scoring two the way we were playing...we MIGHT have snuck one. We gave up when the second went in.

Still ****ed them three times this season mind.

Cheating *******s.

ENDOF

NAE NOOKIE
23-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Seen the 2nd goal foul on Sportscene last night.

All I can say is this ... If that had been a game between the Ku Klux Klan and the Harlem Globetrotters and it was being reffed by the Grand Wizard it would still have been given as a foul against the Klan. No wonder folk are talking about corruption. Wallace should have been booked for a reckless not to mention dangerous challenge.

As others have said.... shirt pulling comes under unsporting behaviour and according to FIFA that makes it an automatic booking, why was Moshni not booked?

TRC
23-03-2015, 12:45 PM
However they never get punished why dont they get banned for a game and fined a weeks wages

patlowe
23-03-2015, 01:01 PM
It should have been a free kick, no doubt. However, I can't help but remember the stick-on penalty (IMO) Rangers were denied at 1-0 in the last win at Ibrox and come to the simple conclusion that some referees in this country are just downright rank, rather than corrupt.

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2015, 01:32 PM
It should have been a free kick, no doubt. However, I can't help but remember the stick-on penalty (IMO) Rangers were denied at 1-0 in the last win at Ibrox and come to the simple conclusion that some referees in this country are just downright rank, rather than corrupt.

I just don't get how Collum didn't think it was a foul: corruption, or idiocy - I'd just like him to be able to explain it.

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 01:42 PM
I just don't get how Collum didn't think it was a foul: corruption, or idiocy - I'd just like him to be able to explain it.

Agree entirely they used to have a blog called Whistleblower on the SFA website which at least tried to explain some of the more contentious decisions at the weekend. No more though.

Interestingly the decision he made yesterday was almost on the same spot of the park when he refused Hibs a vital penalty last season against St Mirren when their player handled the ball 3 times :rolleyes:. Maybe there is a Bermuda Triangle type blind spot in that particular penalty box. :greengrin

patlowe
23-03-2015, 01:49 PM

It was pretty bizarre not to give it. I wonder how much longer he can continue making such blatant mistakes before someone tells him his time is up. I almost feel sorry for him, he's clearly not up to the job and basically condemns himself to abuse from fans and the media on a weekly basis.

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 02:15 PM
It was pretty bizarre not to give it. I wonder how much longer he can continue making such blatant mistakes before someone tells him his time is up. I almost feel sorry for him, he's clearly not up to the job and basically condemns himself to abuse from fans and the media on a weekly basis.

I dont as I think he knew exactly what he was doing. Will probably be getting high fives from his mates at training this week.

patlowe
23-03-2015, 02:32 PM
I dont as I think he knew exactly what he was doing. Will probably be getting high fives from his mates at training this week.

If he's been cheating all this time, rather than just being completely incompetent, then he's got a pretty scattergun approach to selecting victims.

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 03:11 PM
If he's been cheating all this time, rather than just being completely incompetent, then he's got a pretty scattergun approach to selecting victims.

I dont think there is any explanation why a ref who for most of the game stopping the match for niggly fouls would miss the most obvious one in the match. Stubbs is right that was a foul 100% of the time.

Paloschi
23-03-2015, 03:50 PM
I think there is something going on.

You only have to look at how Hearts and Rangers have been able to spend over their means and have been protected by the SFA and praised by the media. Scottish Football is corrupt in my view.

ACLeith
23-03-2015, 04:13 PM
Collum started out his refereeing career quite well, as I recall, similar to John Rowbottom a while back, but their performances then nosedived. Is this just like many good Scottish youngsters who never develop the talent they have as a teenager?

So, is it in the Scottish genes? Or do they believe the hype that they get and think we pay our money to watch them? Or, does someone in authority have a wee quiet word in their ear?

Bobby Madden is one that seems to be going down the same route. He was excellent in the Derby in January 2014, but has been "off-form" every time I've seen him since then. Craig Thomson is another - no wait, his performances have never deviated, just the same now as they were when he started out.

:rules:

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2015, 05:59 PM
I think there is something going on.

You only have to look at how Hearts and Rangers have been able to spend over their means and have been protected by the SFA and praised by the media. Scottish Football is corrupt in my view.

We really shouldn't forget Hearts. :whistle:

emerald green
23-03-2015, 07:05 PM

Did Collum not get "demoted" for a spell fairly recently after he issued red cards to players from St Mirren & Kilmarnock, both of which were overturned on appeal? How someone with his record keeps getting such high profile matches is very strange.

The game yesterday may well have still ended up with Hibs losing, even if he had disallowed the second "goal", but that is not the point. It ended the game more or less as a contest. Hibs might have equalised if the game had remained at just 0-1.

Leaving aside the corruption angle for now, this type of display and frankly baffling decision by Collum could have very serious consequences for a club like Hibs.

I've seen some unbelievably bad refereeing decisions over the years, but that one yesterday is one of the very worst.

grunt
23-03-2015, 07:11 PM
SPFL footage

https://youtu.be/WCcev3QGvRY

Stonewall
23-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Don't know if anyone else thought this but it looked to me, and those around me, that Wallace was offside when the ball was played out wide at Rangers first goal. Furthermore the linesman was miles out of position and couldn't have given a proper decision.

Do any of the replays clear this up?

Hermit Crab
23-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Watched it again! How the ref can't see that Hanlons standing leg was kicked deliberately to foul him is beyond me. Diabolical decision to allow play to go on. Not seen a paper today, was there any mention of this in the rags?

the tackle itself is late and deserved a booking!

Callum_62
23-03-2015, 09:01 PM
Taken from Daily Record - Stubbs aint happy

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-alan-stubbs-no-5384106

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Don't know if anyone else thought this but it looked to me, and those around me, that Wallace was offside when the ball was played out wide at Rangers first goal. Furthermore the linesman was miles out of position and couldn't have given a proper decision.

Yes it was Clark and he was about 2 yards onside.

Kato
23-03-2015, 09:27 PM
SPFL footage

https://youtu.be/WCcev3QGvRY

Hanlon goes to and plays the ball and in the process of doing so is completely wiped out by Wallace. Anyone who doesn't think that is a foul watches a strange brand of football.

hibbytam
23-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Watched it again, and it's just confirmed what I already knew.
There's only a limited number of possible reasons he hasn't given it.
1) He doesn't think it's a foul. Well, he has eyes. More to the point he's a well qualified official, and so regardless of anything else he knows the rules, and that challenge breaks the rules every time, and with the Rangers player getting booked.
2) He hasn't seen it. Well, he has. He's looking right at it.
3) He's been influenced, either consciously or not. If Sevco don't go up, the idiots in charge of the league will struggle to attract a sponsor, because these same idiots only know how to sell the 4 glasgow bigotfests. And there are questions into whether the newco will be able to survive another season in the lower division.

It's not surprising.

Stonewall
23-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Yes it was Clark and he was about 2 yards onside.

Thanks.

hibbysam
24-03-2015, 07:17 AM

Well onside but the problem I had was Dje Dje had about 30 seconds to stand in front of the ball and stop it being played early, he was stood about 5 yards away max, and mohsni just strolled up and leathered a ball over the top!