PDA

View Full Version : Bottled it.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Set up all wrong and our players bottled it today!

SteveHFC
22-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Bunch of *****bags mate.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Don't think we bottled it.

Rangers set up to counter how we play and it worked. Stubbs should have changed things. Individual mistakes killed us. We should have had a free kick before the 2nd goal but to simply stop was criminal.

A few harsh words need said to get performance levels back up.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2015, 01:40 PM
We have not played well, i wouldnt say we bottled it i'd say they played much better than they have done for a while and we were poor.

Cod Boy
22-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Missed Cummings big time the least said about the 2 up front today the better.

Jamesie
22-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Bit worried what this might mean psychologically in terms of the play off. Hopefully we are as mentally strong as has seemed to be the case over the last few weeks.

Del Boy
22-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Don't think bottled it. Too many players played *****. It happens.

dp00
Typical hibs fans over reacting ... We have lost a game we just need to get together and go again for the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael
Even the best teams lose matches. How we react to it will be the test of how good we are.

fatbloke
22-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Typical hibs fans over reacting ... We have lost a game we just need to get together and go again for the next one

Correct. Everyone is allowed a bad day at the office now and again. Just a pity it had to be this one. Undefeated between now and end of season is new target. Onward and Upward GGTTH.

Dalianwanda
22-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Just outfoxed and a few mistakes and sub par performances..let's see the character of the lads and bounce back in the next few games

cabbageandribs1875

that's football, some typical hibs fans could argue a typical hibs performance from a hibs team in a game we really needed to be up for when it really mattered :dunno:

Gerard
Even the best teams lose matches. How we react to it will be the test of how good we are.

It happens. What matters is the players learn from defeats and always play to the final whistle of the game.

Unseen work
22-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Jesus..::

Onion
22-03-2015, 01:50 PM
First 45 was horrendous and a lot of the Hibs players just bottled it, psyched out but the pre-match publicity. Yes, McCall set his team up well to stop Hibs playing, and we missed JC, but that doesn't explain how poor we were all over the park.

Our problem now is that McCall will be the new Messiah and the Huns will get momentum out of that. The media will be wetting themselves over McCall and the prospect of the OF derbies again. No question, Hibs had a real opportunity today and completely blew it. Will take an even bigger effort now to get through the POs.

Nando™
22-03-2015, 01:50 PM
It was easy for McCall, all he had to do was pick the right formation and everything else would have done it's own job, which is exactly what happened.

They deserved the 3 points and their 1 legitimate goal.

We need to use this as a wake-up call. The players must learn that they have to fight harder and Stubbs must learn when to change the formation quicker.

Greenwich_Hibby
22-03-2015, 01:51 PM
It happens. What matters is the players learn from defeats and always play to the final whistle of the game.

Poor from start to finish - set up not to lose and the tactical inability to change the game to suit the threats they were making was equally poor - Wallace was ripping us for a**e paper and nothing done to stop it. McCall tactically found us out and we could have played all day and never scored. Disappointed.

Deansy

Agree - on the positive-side, losing to them today could be just what they need to gee them up. On the historic-side, once again, Hibs let us down big-time in a game we SHOULD'VE won !!

The worrying thing for me was no change in the 2nd-half - I really thought AS would've had them fired-up but we were still 'Pedestrian-like' no energy, no change from how we played in the 1st-half ??

Franck Stanton
Got exactly what we deserved from the game today - nothing. Worst thing of all is, rangers didn't play well and still won. They got their tactics right and we appeared scared of them today in comparison to the three previous encounters.

Nameless
22-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Fairly even game, the Huns probably deserved it over the 90 mins. I don't think it is the end of our promotion hopes, and if it means we take the playoffs a wee bit more seriously now and stop all the hyperbole then all the better.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Poor from start to finish - set up not to lose and the tactical inability to change the game to suit the threats they were making was equally poor - Wallace was ripping us for a**e paper and nothing done to stop it. McCall tactically found us out and we could have played all day and never scored. Disappointed.

That's what I don't get.

All their threat was down the wings, it was an easy outball for them and because our midfield is narrow we couldn't counter it. That had the added bonus of totally ngating Gray/Watson and Stevenson as any kind of threat.

When I saw Watson coming on I assumed the change of fornation was coming. The decision to stick with something that was so clearly failing is baffling. Did Stubbs not see it? Was he happy with our performance? Or did he not know what to do?

BroxburnHibee
22-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Hopefully the kick up the backside the whole place needed. I was genuinely concerned the air of complacency had set in.

Not too bothered by the result to be honest. We need to finish 2nd though.

mutley
22-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Missed Cummings big time the least said about the 2 up front today the better.

I'll second that

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2015, 02:00 PM
That's what I don't get.

All their threat was down the wings, it was an easy outball for them and because our midfield is narrow we couldn't counter it. That had the added bonus of totally ngating Gray/Watson and Stevenson as any kind of threat.

When I saw Watson coming on I assumed the change of fornation was coming. The decision to stick with something that was so clearly failing is baffling. Did Stubbs not see it? Was he happy with our performance? Or did he not know what to do?

Exactly, none of the players bottled it, if anyone could name a player who was not giving 100% i'd call them a liar.

Stubbs needs to take all the blame here for setting the team up then not changing it when it was clear we were getting out numbered in the midfield wide positions.

Matt92
22-03-2015, 02:01 PM
This is a team of winners who got a reality check today. Much rather now than in the play offs. Think we will bounce back and still convinced on our game we are better than anyone in this league. Just need to pick up the next game and not let the heads go down.

Everyone needs to chill. We were on an incredible run and I have total faith in the quality of our players.

Chibs
22-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Bunch of *****bags mate.

who are these these ****bags?

Beefster
22-03-2015, 02:02 PM
First loss in three months and we've got folk, who evidently struggle to handle any sort of disappointment, abusing the players.

**** happens. Pick yourself up, man the **** up and move on.

Kato
22-03-2015, 02:04 PM
We need to use this as a wake-up call.

Agree. The game and the points are gone so the manager has to use this to lever better and more determined performances from the players and himself. A win today might have seen go into the play-offs with a bit complacency. Now we know what they will do to combat us we have to use that when the play-off's come around to our advantage. I think they are more one-dimensional than us so it's up to Hibs to change things.

Danderhall Hibs
22-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Hopefully the kick up the backside the whole place needed. I was genuinely concerned the air of complacency had set in.

Agreed - just text my mates something along the same lines.

Danderhall Hibs
22-03-2015, 02:05 PM
First loss in three months and we've got folk, who evidently struggle to handle any sort of disappointment, abusing the players.

:agree: we've got loads of fans that support the team when we win but don't understand when they actually need support is when they're struggling.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2015, 02:06 PM

Yep. Bizarre.

There's certainly room for discussion re the way we set up and our performance but to label the player *****bags or whatever is way wide off the mark and not on imo.

Steve20
22-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Not sure it was a case of bottling it. McCall changed their formation and Stubbs didn't have an answer to it, which is a big worry. No one played well, especially the front two, who frankly are hopeless.

Greenblood70
22-03-2015, 02:08 PM
That's what I don't get.

Agree with this, we made it easy for Rangers and did little to change our approach tactically. Didn't help that near enough the whole team had an off day, our creative hub in McGeough and Allan were both anonymous, only really Fyvie influenced the game imo (other than Collum of course but that's another story).

Turkish Green
22-03-2015, 02:17 PM
In his pre-match interview Stubbs said that he was not changing the set-up and would let Rangers worry about Hibs. Well it was clear that Rangers' ploy was to break play, stop the fluidity and generally foul away under Collum. It worked.

hibs had no rhythm and missed Cummings' pace up front. JJJ was no substitute for Cummings. Hibs looked languid in front of goal with far too many attempts going well off the target.

Any result but that would have suited.

HibbyKeith
22-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Lee Wallace and Mcgregor pushing right up on Stevenson and Gray/Watson nullified our main threat against them. they basically done to us tactically what I though we done to them in the previous games. they had alot of width which stretched our central midfield and let them dictate alot of the play.

We were poor with our final ball and the hold up play from the players up top was very poor. A bad day at the office, not ideal but there is enough talent in the squad to bounce back.

Not seen it again but thought Hanlon was clearly fouled in the build up tp their 2nd goal, as someone else said though, Criminal to not play to the whistle.

What Dje Dje was thinking when clean though is still baffling to me but hey ho.. on to the next one.

Glory Glory.

Bobo
22-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Another important game where a Hibs team bottles it big time and allows inferior opposition to bully them while conceding possession in every third of the field! We had nothing of note for the entire 90 minutes, no creation, no threat, no belief and precious little ability!

Thought our front two were appalling and should have both been pulled after 20 minutes cos they were piss poor yet Malonga got the full 90 minutes?! 😳

Some folk wonder too why crowds are sh!!te but it's gonna be nothing compared to what they'll be playing in front of next season in this poor excuse of a league we're gonna be stuck in

Smartie
22-03-2015, 02:22 PM

:top marks

I agree entirely with this.

Today was awful. Indefensible. We were beaten on the park, beaten in the dugout and lost all the personal battles.

We've put in a lot of excellent performances this season and some very poor ones too, with everything in between. There are some big, big games coming up and we can't afford for our performances to drop that low again.

We learn - we'll be fine. We don't - it will be a massively disappointing end to the season.

Today was massively disappointing but not the end of the world.

Iain G
22-03-2015, 02:24 PM
In his pre-match interview Stubbs said that he was not changing the set-up and would let Rangers worry about Hibs. Well it was clear that Rangers' ploy was to break play, stop the fluidity and generally foul away under Collum. It worked.

hibs had no rhythm and missed Cummings' pace up front. JJJ was no substitute for Cummings. Hibs looked languid in front of goal with far too many attempts going well off the target.

Did we even have a shot on target? :confused:

Rangers set out to frustrate and it worked and they set out to expose our narrow midfield and keep our fullbacks, who normally give us the width, pinned back by having the two wing backs to worry about while still having a spare defender at the back. Stubbs didn't change things to counter this and coupled with an annonymous forward line who hardly stretched the Rangers defence all game and Allan picking wrong options and Gray/Watson/Stevenson not being able to get forward we just didnt fire at all today.

It should have been changed by the management, getting Boyle on earlier and out wide would have helped stretch the defence and make some space.

I thought Hanlon and Fontaine were good again at the back and Fyvie and Robertson worked hard in midfield, thats about it for me, though McGeough looked good at times when he got forward and ran at players.

Bad day at the office down Easter Road Way today.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 02:27 PM
100% bottled it. To set up your team for a draw shows we **** the bed! Huge kick up the arse needed!!

Bishop Hibee
22-03-2015, 02:30 PM
First half we never competed. Very disappointed in McGeoch and Allan who were anonymous. That said, the huns had 1 attempt on goal which went in.

2nd half we were the better team and had lots of posession and set pieces which we did nothing with. Djedje's missed chance was a disgrace and then they score after a blatant foul.

We were poor today but apart from working hard and getting in our faces they weren't much better. Hertz fans watching that would be pissing themselves how ordinary both teams looked.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Worst we've played all season and didn't even look like scoring. Had a bad feeling about today TBH.

That said, we move on - onwards and upwards!

Bishop Hibee
22-03-2015, 02:32 PM
100% bottled it. To set up your team for a draw shows we **** the bed! Huge kick up the arse needed!!

Playing 2 up front isn't playing for a draw.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 02:33 PM

It helps if your forwards actually don't sit just in front of the half way line though. If you don't think we played for a draw I don't know what game you watched! Set up not to lose.

BoomtownHibees
22-03-2015, 02:34 PM

In what way did we set up for a draw?

HoboHarry
Aye, because players like Gray, Stevenson, McGeouch et al are well known for bottling it. Sit doon before you hurt yourself FFS.......

Mr White
Wouldn't say we bottled it but the body language of a few of our players didn't look right from early on today. I felt there was a lack of energy and belief today but it happens and the real test will be to see how we react to it starting next week.

Thecat23
In what way did we set up for a draw?

We sat in.

Next question....

WillowbraeHibby

Just a pity that Dom and Dje Dje are a bit too static... Need JC in there to harass defenders... Hopefully Farid back soon?...

Beefster

Neither is playing Fyvie, McGeouch and Allan in the same midfield.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Wouldn't say we bottled it but the body language of a few of our players didn't look right from early on today. I felt there was a lack of energy and belief today but it happens and the real test will be to see how we react to it starting next week.

It's been coming to be fair. But I do believe we will bounce back and won't play like that again!

R'Albin
22-03-2015, 02:35 PM

Yep, absolutely unbelievable. Stubbs got undone a bit McCall today but we've been fantastic for a number of months.

My Dad kept saying before the game that it might actually be a good thing before the playoffs that we aren't unbeaten for twenty odd games and unbeaten in the league against Rangers, as that would just put pressure on us. I hope he's right. Whatever happens I certainly won't be heaping criticism on the team for losing their first league game in threw months.

BoomtownHibees
22-03-2015, 02:36 PM
We sat in.

Next question....

Nonsense. We played exactly the same system as we have done in numerous games this season. Playing Allan, McGeouch, Fyvie, Malonga and Djedje in the same team is not playing for a draw.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Nonsense. We played exactly the same system as we have done in numerous games this season. Playing Allan, McGeouch, Fyvie, Malonga and Djedje in the same time is not playing for a draw.

Playing these players doesn't mean we played the same style as before. How many shots did we have again?

Borderhibbie76
22-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Worst we've played all season and didn't even look like scoring. Had a bad feeling about today TBH.

I had a bad feeling about today too...i honestly think we have been poor the last few games, notably cowden and livi and got away with it a bit. Today we never upped our performance at all and i feared this would happen. Disappointed in Stubbs not changing things tactically, i would have had boyle and stanton on at half time. Lets hope we recover from this quickly

Hiber-nation
22-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Not sure it was a case of bottling it. McCall changed their formation and Stubbs didn't have an answer to it, which is a big worry. No one played well, especially the front two, who frankly are hopeless.

Agree mostly. Don't think it's a big worry though and Malonga certainly isn't hopeless, but Djde Dje offered absolutely nothing today.

BoomtownHibees
22-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Playing these players doesn't mean we played the same style as before. How many shots did we have again?

None on target. That's not down to how the team were set up, it's down to how the players performed and when talking about the front 2, they were poor.

B.H.F.C
22-03-2015, 02:40 PM

Rangers simply played better than us today. They stopped us playing.

You wouldn't play that system if you were setting up to contain and get a draw.

Thecat23
None on target. That's not down to how the team were set up, it's down to how the players performed and when talking about the front 2, they were poor.

So we bottled it?

We sat far too deep and again set up not to lose. Backfired hugely and now we move on to the next game. Play like that again we will lose again.

stantonhibby

We were poor no doubt but that doesnt mean we bottled it.

BoomtownHibees
22-03-2015, 02:41 PM
So we bottled it?

We sat far too deep and again set up not to lose. Backfired hugely and now we move on to the next game. Play like that again we will lose again.

Woudnt say we bottled it. Beat by the better team on the day. That happens.

We sat deep because The Rangers pushed us back with the system they played. Stubbs should have changed it after 20 mins

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Sorry guys, when we win I give the guys all the credit. I think we bottled it and set up for the draw. If you disagree fair dos but nothing will change my mind about how we went about it today.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Woudnt say we bottled it. Beat by the better team on the day. That happens.

We sat deep because The Rangers pushed us back with the system they played. Stubbs should have changed it after 20 mins

He defo should have changed it but didn't. Learning curve for him.

AlbertK86
22-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Don't agree we bottled it more we played very poorly whilst Rangers were well fired up for it.

Both their goals were dubious decisions and they will be getting that help all the way thro to the play offs but they deterred their win. They clearly learned their lessons from our previous meetings and closed us down really high up the park.

I think we'll bounce back.

We have better players but had no goal threat today

Hopefully big Farid is back in contention soon as he might kick us on again just at the right time of the season

Bishop Hibee
22-03-2015, 02:45 PM
We sat in.

Next question....

No we didn't. Newco's 'in your face' tactics worked forcing us back. McGeoch and Allan in particular didn't stand up to to this and put the effort in required in the first half. Second to every ball.

Second half, the same formation played better and pinned the huns back without creating much.

One can argue stubbs should have changed the formation but this place would have gone mental if he'd played 4-5-1 or gone to 3 at the back and we'd lost. Too many players were below par today but didn't bottle it.

snooky
22-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Malonga and DD or not my type of players.
I am disappointed when I see one of their names on the team sheet so you can imagine my whoop of delight when the team was announced today.

AlbertK86
22-03-2015, 02:47 PM
And I forgot to say some folk need to chill both at the game and on here

We've been on a great run so let's back Stubbsy and the team instead of berating them when it goes wrong on the odd occasion

Dashing Bob S
22-03-2015, 02:48 PM
No we didn't. Newco's 'in your face' tactics worked forcing us back. McGeoch and Allan in particular didn't stand up to to this and put the effort in required in the first half. Second to every ball.

Second half, the same formation played better and pinned the huns back without creating much.

One can argue stubbs should have changed the formation but this place would have gone mental if he'd played 4-5-1 or gone to 3 at the back and we'd lost. Too many players were below par today but didn't bottle it.

Agreed. Bad days work, but pretty much a reverse photostat copy of our win at Ibrox.

Kato
22-03-2015, 02:48 PM
It helps if your forwards actually don't sit just in front of the half way line though. If you don't think we played for a draw I don't know what game you watched! Set up not to lose.

Out of all the disappointing nonsense some football fans talk yours nonsense is the dissypointyist.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Out of all the disappointing nonsense some football fans talk yours nonsense is the dissypointyist.

I think that point is nonsense if you read it!

SteveHFC
22-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Yep, absolutely unbelievable. Stubbs got undone a bit McCall today but we've been fantastic for a number of months.

My Dad kept saying before the game that it might actually be a good thing before the playoffs that we aren't unbeaten for twenty odd games and unbeaten in the league against Rangers, as that would just put pressure on us. I hope he's right. Whatever happens I certainly won't be heaping criticism on the team for losing their first league game in threw months.

So did mines :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
22-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Biggest issue for me is how we respond. Rangers will finish the season strongly now, they have a proper manager and their confidence levels will be high, going into the play-offs, which was always going to be the crucial games.

That said, for Hibs, I'd have been nervous going into the play-offs with four straight wins against the Huns - it's sods law that we would have been turned over at that point.

We didn't show up today, and hopefully we'll play better against the Huns at the play-off games.

At least folk will start getting real now - we were probably always going to be involved in a brutal, titanic two-legged struggle against them to go up. Let's try and get second and give them the punishing play-off games against QOS.

Greenblood70
22-03-2015, 02:54 PM
He defo should have changed it but didn't. Learning curve for him.

Agree with you on this point, a total reshuffle of the formation was required at half time to thwart Wallace's runs forward. The most charitable reason I can think of that this didn't happen is that Stubbs wanted to back the ability of the players we had on the pitch to come up with a solution. They didn't and we'll need to take it on the chin. Time to get as settled a team as injuries allow and get our form back, recent performances have dipped, of that there is no question.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Agree with you on this point, a total reshuffle of the formation was required at half time to thwart Wallace's runs forward. The most charitable reason I can think of that this didn't happen is that Stubbs wanted to back the ability of the players we had on the pitch to come up with a solution. They didn't and we'll need to take it on the chin. Time to get as settled a team as injuries allow and get our form back, recent performances have dipped, of that there is no question.

As long as we learn from it then I'd rather lose this than the play off game against them if it pans out that way. The Rangers will now finish strong for me and tails will be up.

Andy74
22-03-2015, 03:12 PM

Correct. Predictable though.

hibbybrian
22-03-2015, 03:12 PM
As the old addage goes,

there's no point beating your Livis, Alloa and Cowdenbeath and then losing against teams like the rangers

or is it the other way round :greengrin

22-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Bottled it is harsh. Rangers set up tactically to stiffle our play, give us no room and to stop the game flowing. Unfortunately it worked for them today.

emerald green
22-03-2015, 03:34 PM

:agree: The bit in bold - me too. Seen it all too often before from Hibs teams. Crunch time, and they just can't do it.

Also, I'm not pinning the defeat on the referee, but he contributed to it by his inept performance.

I'm not going to call him corrupt, just inept and a coward.

weonlywon6-2
22-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Hibs nerve bottled it at all imo, they set out to stifle us and it worked.
I still say rangers are poor and we just had an off day
the second goal to be allowed was a disgrace

Benny Brazil
22-03-2015, 03:42 PM

Spot on BH - most people had us winning promotion and the SC. Lets just focus on getting 2nd tied down and then worry about what happens after that. The worst thing about today is we have given them some confidence which they had been severely lacking. Its going be a battle now.

Alfred E Newman
22-03-2015, 03:53 PM
To suggest that Hibs " bottled it" is utter nonsense. They didn't play well but you have to give Rangers some credit for that, lost a scrappy first goal and a second that 99 refs out of a 100 would have disallowed and at a time when we were pressing for an equaliser.
How is that bottling it?

Jones28
22-03-2015, 04:04 PM
I was so so so dissapointed today.

horseflesh
22-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Stubbs is well aware that we have a lack of pace in the team and I've no doubt he will address it in the summer. He brought in Boyle but he will find better.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Correct. Predictable though.

So we can't speak about the flaws we just have to praise the team? I've praised this team and Stubbs all season.

Only thing predicable is the same ones who moan when folk question a performance.

Hibs. net for happy fans only 😴

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 04:16 PM
To suggest that Hibs " bottled it" is utter nonsense. They didn't play well but you have to give Rangers some credit for that, lost a scrappy first goal and a second that 99 refs out of a 100 would have disallowed and at a time when we were pressing for an equaliser.
How is that bottling it?

Not wanting to keep repeating myself so check through the thread you will see why I think they did.

SteveHFC
22-03-2015, 04:16 PM
So we can't speak about the flaws we just have to praise the team? I've praised this team and Stubbs all season.

Only thing predicable is the same ones who moan when folk question a performance.

Hibs. net for happy fans only 

:agree:

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 04:18 PM
:agree:

It's true mate!

Yes some folk were constantly slating Hibs but wouldn't give praise. I have done nothing but praise this team and Stubbs.

But soon as you anything and I mean anything negative same folk just bang on like you have shot Petrie and ran away with the clubs funds! It's embarrassing. It's a ****ing fans forum deal with it!!!

SteveHFC
22-03-2015, 04:18 PM
It's true mate!

Yes some folk were constantly slating Hibs but wouldn't give praise. I have done nothing but praise this team and Stubbs.

But soon as you anything and I mean anything negative same folk just bang on like you have shot Petrie and ran away with the clubs funds! It's embarrassing. It's a ****ing fans forum deal with it!!!

I agree mate. :top marks

rosco-hibee
22-03-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm not going to say hibs bottled it, we just didn't perform. McCall set Rangers up with 5 in the midfield to crowd out fyvie and Allan, whilst allowing their fullbacks to get forward. It worked a treat to be fair to them.
IMO Stubbs had to make changes from the start of the 2nd and he didn't. Admittedly we didn't really show up, but Rangers definitely succeeded in not letting us get settled.
This is the type of change I expected McCall to make, turn a ***** Rangers team into a team that's hard to beat and today they made us look very ordinary.

ancient hibee
22-03-2015, 04:38 PM
The way to have tackled that set up today would have been to try and pull their back 3 about.We weren't able to do that with the two we had upfront and it might have been an idea to start with Boyle even given his lack of composure.As it was we missed a gilt edged chance to equalise and they were given a second goal which should never have been allowed.

GreenLake
22-03-2015, 04:51 PM
I would rather lose the game today than either of the play offs.

.Sean.
22-03-2015, 04:51 PM
It's not the end of the world and we can now dust ourselves down and beat them in the play offs.

As an aside I now hate Dean Shiels. Petulant, diving, skinny little rat.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 05:05 PM
It's not the end of the world and we can now dust ourselves down and beat them in the play offs.

Couldn't agree more about Shiels.

NAE NOOKIE
22-03-2015, 06:08 PM
We never bottled it. We played badly and didn't change things we should have to combat they way they were set up. Add in a ref who allowed them to get away with time wasting, persistent fouling and feigning injury and who played on after what was apparently a clear foul at their 2nd goal, not to mention two strikers who contributed next to nothing, and it was always going to be a bad day.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2015, 06:10 PM

Yep.

Throwing his hands to his face when he was on the ground and McGeough pulled out a challenge that may have hit him bit clearly didn't was plain cheating. Was never out the refs face all day either.

Glad he got booed as he went off as any good feeling I still had towards him evaporated today. Looks right at home in a huns team.

Hannah_hfc
22-03-2015, 06:30 PM

This 100%. Going down as if he'd been shot when he hadn't even been touched. I'm fine with ex players playing against us, they're contracted to other clubs now, but don't come back to the club that gave you a chance and cheat your way through the game.

BSEJVT
22-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Don't know if I would say we bottled it.

For me the result was pretty predictable and a carbon copy of what happens when we play Hearts

They were bigger and stronger than us and in Wallace had the MOTM by a country mile.

We could cope with neither their physicality or some of their players pace and looked extremely pedestrian.

Todays Rangers were pretty much the Rangers I expected to see all season and we now have a major problem getting past them in the play off's now as McCall will set them up like that against us again and again.

Had we beat them today, I think we would have scared the sh*t out them for the play off's not now.

We have more craft and ability but whether we will find the time and space to exploit it?

Malonga has been very poor since ACN and Djedje doesn't look remotely like a goal scorer to me.

We moan when Cummings shoots and shoots and shoots but at least he has a chance of scoring and does regularly.

Djedje laid off two he should have had a go at and was similarly reticent in the last home game against Livi, although to be fair he did ultimately score with a peach of a header.

Time to roll up the sleeves, up the tempo and get stuck in.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Don't know if I would say we bottled it.

For me the result was pretty predictable and a carbon copy of what happens when we play Hearts

They were bigger and stronger than us and in Wallace had the MOTM by a country mile.

We could cope with neither their physicality or some of their players pace and looked extremely pedestrian.

Todays Rangers were pretty much the Rangers I expected to see all season and we now have a major problem getting past them in the play off's now as McCall will set them up like that against us again and again.

Had we beat them today, I think we would have scared the sh*t out them for the play off's not now.

We have more craft and ability but whether we will find the time and space to exploit it?

Malonga has been very poor since ACN and Djedje doesn't look remotely like a goal scorer to me.

We moan when Cummings shoots and shoots and shoots but at least he has a chance of scoring and does regularly.

Djedje laid off two he should have had a go at and was similarly reticent in the last home game against Livi, although to be fair he did ultimately score with a peach of a header.

Time to roll up the sleeves, up the tempo and get stuck in.

Good post. Malonga needs to up his game big time, walking about the pitch as if it's a training game won't cut it.

Sure Stubbs will address this and get them going again. I must admit I'm not confident at all about the play offs on that performance.

Beefster
22-03-2015, 06:44 PM
I agree mate. :top marks

I was as gutted as anyone after the game and I'm not generally considered a 'happy clapper'.

However, I'm partial to a bit of perspective. Today was our first defeat since the first Saturday in December. That run has included a game against Hearts and two pumpings of The Rangers.

*****bags our players definitely aren't.

Kato
22-03-2015, 06:47 PM
It's true mate!

Not got a problem with anything negative as long as it's the correct points.

Hibs didn't bottle it and were not negative.

Rangers pushed us back and were quicker and more niggly in getting to the ball.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Not got a problem with anything negative as long as it's the correct points.

Hibs didn't bottle it and were not negative.

Rangers pushed us back and were quicker and more niggly in getting to the ball.

That's the thing, I respect you think that but i think we played for the draw. Because Hibs are quicker than what we showed today a lot quicker.

We were very lethargic in all areas of the pitch. Oxley also kept taking the goal kicks from other side of where it went out wasting time. Why? Why not attack like we have in the previous games?

Kato
22-03-2015, 07:08 PM
That's the thing, I respect you think that but i think we played for the draw. Because Hibs are quicker than what we showed today a lot quicker.

We were very lethargic in all areas of the pitch. Oxley also kept taking the goal kicks from other side of where it went out wasting time. Why? Why not attack like we have in the previous games?

You have to give Rangers credit for stopping our normal game and on top of that we just didn't get going. They snapped at our heels and got in front of our players when passes were made to them.

Rangers worked hard to spoil our rhythm and flow and it worked.

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition.

Glad it happened today and not in the play-offs. Hopefully Cummings is back by then as he troubles them more than the strikers we had today. The defeat gives Stubbs something to work on and at least we know how they will play against us when the time comes as they don't have much choice in varying what they do. They'll play the same next time.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 07:11 PM
You have to give Rangers credit for stopping our normal game and on top of that we just didn't get going. They snapped at our heels and got in front of our players when passes were made to them.

Rangers worked hard to spoil our rhythm and flow and it worked.

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition.

Glad it happened today and not in the play-offs. Hopefully Cummings is back by then as he troubles them more than the strikers we had today. The defeat gives Stubbs something to work on and at least we know how they will play against us when the time comes as they don't have much choice in varying what they do. They'll play the same next time.

To be fair they did fight for everything Kato. But that's because we sat off. Just think they were showed far to much respect!

Our management team should have set us up to go for the kill and that's why I said we bottled it.

I hope they will learn because I do think they will play like that again too. I've spoke to Kenny and he says they are all up for the fight now. So I hope we are.

CraigHibee
22-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Couldn't agree more about Shiels.

i'll third that! horrible little ****, was never like that when he played for us, he will have the full hun mentality drilled into him now

Since90+2
22-03-2015, 07:24 PM
What an absolute load of ***** as a starting post. Bottled it? We never played well today. People should use their brain and distinguish between the two.

Eyrie
22-03-2015, 07:27 PM
There's a lot of talk on here about why didn't Stubbs change the formation at half time.

I thought he had when I saw Watson coming on, then realised that he hadn't because it was Gray going off. Does anyone know why Gray went off- was he injured?

If so, then changing the formation would have meant two subs being used (Watson as the wing back and Forster in at the back) which would explain the decision to stick with 442.

skipster7
22-03-2015, 07:30 PM
What an absolute load of ***** as a starting post. Bottled it? We never played well today. People should use their brain and distinguish between the two.

Spot on. I also dont give a **** what titbits a horrible hun is mb feeding the OP. Onwards and upwards for the Hibees, 1 blip but we just focus on 3 pts next game.

cleanyman
22-03-2015, 07:38 PM
The current Hibs team lacks a bit of gamesmanship.

We need an ******** in midfield. Liam Craig has been very effective against Rangers this season, I thought he should have played a role today

gillythehibby
22-03-2015, 07:44 PM
I'm not going to say hibs bottled it, we just didn't perform. McCall set Rangers up with 5 in the midfield to crowd out fyvie and Allan, whilst allowing their fullbacks to get forward. It worked a treat to be fair to them.
IMO Stubbs had to make changes from the start of the 2nd and he didn't. Admittedly we didn't really show up, but Rangers definitely succeeded in not letting us get settled.
This is the type of change I expected McCall to make, turn a ***** Rangers team into a team that's hard to beat and today they made us look very ordinary.

This ! Spot on mate. Maybe Stubbs could have changed it a wee bit but there's always the point of playing to our strengths and not worry about other teams. We looked toothless up front today but the service to them was poor. Then again may have been down to Rangers formation. Listen they've won 1 game in 10 but the way they celebrated you would have thought they had won the league. We get over it and we move on. GBTH

Leithenhibby
22-03-2015, 07:47 PM
We have not played well, i wouldnt say we bottled it i'd say they played much better than they have done for a while and we were poor.

This, in a nutshell :agree:

Truth be told, they were the better team. We got what we deserved - Nout......

son of haggart
22-03-2015, 07:49 PM
There's a lot of talk on here about why didn't Stubbs change the formation at half time.

I thought he had when I saw Watson coming on, then realised that he hadn't because it was Gray going off. Does anyone know why Gray went off- was he injured?

If so, then changing the formation would have meant two subs being used (Watson as the wing back and Forster in at the back) which would explain the decision to stick with 442.

Gray was limping before he went off. Possibly his groin again

Wallace gave him a hard time twisting and turning - not what you want with a groin injury

I was surprised Stubbs didn't change it more at half tine - you were creating very little. Perhaps he thought Rangers would tire as they have done in many of their previous games

Golden Bear
22-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Gray was limping before he went off. Possibly his groin again

Wallace gave him a hard time twisting and turning - not what you want with a groin injury

I was surprised Stubbs didn't change it more at half tine - you were creating very little. Perhaps he thought Rangers would tire as they have done in many of their previous games

I think he was injured when his own keeper landed on top of him while competing for a cross ball.

Bobby's Cinema
22-03-2015, 08:06 PM
I think there were many factors in play today, I think Rangers raised their game, they were organised better and they have been given a confidence boost by the new regime.
They bullied us and we didn't respond to that until the second half.
We made too many wrong decisions and gave the ball away too often.
Rangers played how I expected them to play from the start of the season, we didn't match them today.

Don't think anyone bottled it and I hope that's the case because the semi final of the SC and play off games are bigger with a greater risk of bottling it.

Oxley plays the same every game, he always wastes time so today was no different.

With Malonga not offering himself in the second half in particular there was no opportunity for him to make an impact although again he was out muscled along with everyone else.

As lesson which has hopefully been learned.
I've been trying to remind people all week that this won't be as easy as we might have thought, but that was a poor team that beat us today.

The manager has to carry the responsibility for this imo. Chance to put an untested formation and system under pressure from the word go, closing everything down, trying to be incisive with our passing. We should have had a confidence and an arrogance from beating them the previous three times. But we were passive, slow in moving the ball forward, sitting off them and with two men up front who at times never even challenged the aerial ball.

We will move on quickly and the result is gone. But the managers approach to the game cost us imo. We set up poorly

Cropley10
22-03-2015, 08:07 PM

Good post, I can't understand anyone who thinks the Ref didn't have an influence on the game, and I'm not even talking about the second goal either.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2015, 08:21 PM
They were slightly less pish than we were over the 90 minutes.

There's not much more to it than that.

I'm disappointed that we've let them back into contention for second place but we've just experienced our first defeat for three months so I think we need to remind ourselves of that when assessing the overall situation.

I'll start to worry if we lose to Raith Rovers next week.

Swedish hibee
22-03-2015, 08:27 PM

Me too :aok:

Smartie
22-03-2015, 08:43 PM
I'm glad so many on here have mentioned the role Shiels played today.

I was always quite fond of him before, in spite of playing for them and in spite of sacrificing a decent career to go into the bottom league to play for them.

Today he was a cheat in a The Rangers shirt, quite simple. The worst kind.

Any respect I ever had for him evaporated today.

iwasthere1972
22-03-2015, 08:55 PM

He's gone right down in my estimation. What is with footballers that put the Hun top on and become dirty cheating diving thugs.

HibsNutter
22-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Can't be arsed to read through all posts. But, every time we lose a big game people claim we have 'bottled it'. There's more to football than that

S.sct
22-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Set up all wrong and our players bottled it today!

"Bottled it".....caught out a bit first half but soon ripped in second.....could be a nice wee lesson.

Total bull**** that the team bottled it though :stirrer:

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 09:20 PM
"Bottled it".....caught out a bit first half but soon ripped in second.....could be a nice wee lesson.

Total bull**** that the team bottled it though :stirrer:

Yeah I'm stirring [emoji42]

If you maybe read through my comments you will see I'm not stirring! We sat in to deep and never played like we have against them.

Anyway don't worry I'll be starting a super duper happy thread soon as we win to please you all. [emoji106]

S.sct
22-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Yeah I'm stirring [emoji42]

If you maybe read through my comments you will see I'm not stirring! We sat in to deep and never played like we have against them.

Anyway don't worry I'll be starting a super duper happy thread soon as we win to please you all. [emoji106]

So you now say we sat in deep...is that bottling it?

Or...as I say, caught out a bit????

Not worried just think your either at the mix or just wrong....

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 09:30 PM
So you now say we sat in deep...is that bottling it?

Or...as I say, caught out a bit????

Not worried just think your either at the mix or just wrong....

The management team bottled it yeah! Stubbs who's been superb all season for me got it wrong today and set us up not to lose. Happy to sit in and try hit on the break.

If we went for it like last time we'd have won this game. The Rangers were after every ball because we let them. First game of the season at Ibrox when we lost we were superb, then again at ER and again at Ibrox when we won 1-3. Because of us now in front of them we went for the easy option and for me that's bottling it!

If you don't agree that's cool with me. Nothing will change my mind and I think we will learn from it! Hope this clears it up for you.

S.sct
22-03-2015, 09:33 PM
The management team bottled it yeah! Stubbs who's been superb all season for me got it wrong today and set us up not to lose. Happy to sit in and try hit on the break.

If we went for it like last time we'd have won this game. The Rangers were after every ball because we let them. First game of the season at Ibrox when we lost we were superb, then again at ER and again at Ibrox when we won 1-3. Because of us now in front of them we went for the easy option and for me that's bottling it!

If you don't agree that's cool with me. Nothing will change my mind and I think we will learn from it! Hope this clears it up for you.

Aye, whatever.....different game from the others. One thing we do agree on (the only thing)...is that lessons will be learned.

Thecat23
22-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Aye, whatever.....different game from the others. One thing we do agree on (the only thing)...is that lessons will be learned.

Jeezo, I'm trying to be honest with you and you reply "aye whatever" sounds like your stirring it to be honest.

Different games? So? It's the same **** we are playing.

And yes that is the only thing we agree on.

cmcd
22-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Awful op Bad day at the office Nothing more nothing less SOME of the comments on here are well over the top One defeat in how many ? Get behind the team and stop the bloody moaning

DH1875
22-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Wouldnt say we bottled it. We were P though and was very disappointed today. Everything seemed to be very flat today. Both on and off the park.

The_Exile
22-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Anybody who fears Sevco in the playoffs after todays showing needs their head examined. They are woeful, we had a bad day at the office, nothing more. Raith next week is massive on many levels, not least the bouncebackability factor, the chips are now well and truly down and I always said we'd finish strong.

I should also get some form of prize for the use of the word 'bouncebackability' IMO.

DH1875
22-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Anybody who fears Sevco in the playoffs after todays showing needs their head examined. They are woeful, we had a bad day at the office, nothing more. Raith next week is massive on many levels, not least the bouncebackability factor, the chips are now well and truly down and I always said we'd finish strong.

I should also get some form of prize for the use of the word 'bouncebackability' IMO.

I dont fear sevco in the playoffs. My fear is they finish 2nd and we put in a performance like todays against Falkirk or QOS in the 3rd vs 4th playoff game.

The_Exile
22-03-2015, 10:56 PM
I dont fear sevco in the playoffs. My fear is they finish 2nd and we put in a performance like todays against Falkirk or QOS in the 3rd vs 4th playoff game.

Genuinely don't think that will happen with this group of players, if you'd asked me this time last year though.................

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Today was really disappointing, bottled it on not. Honestly, I was far more gutted today than any of the horrible games last season because I knew we were pish and didn't expect anything. Today I expected our young talented team to show up, they very much didn't. We made a piss poor Huns team look good and let a pishy smelly wee jambo run ragged the 2 best right backs in the league.

I have faith in the team to get back to winning ways next week but today was very poor and can't happen again.

The_Exile
22-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Today was really disappointing, bottled it on not. Honestly, I was far more gutted today than any of the horrible games last season because I knew we were pish and didn't expect anything. Today I expected our young talented team to show up, they very much didn't. We made a piss poor Huns team look good and let a pishy smelly wee jambo run ragged the 2 best right backs in the league.

I have faith in the team to get back to winning ways next week but today was very poor and can't happen again.

Yep, we were set up wrong, should've gone 3-5-2 from kick off but were left pissing against the wind for the full 90, lesson learned, harsh but better now than in the play offs,

Beefster
23-03-2015, 05:45 AM

Jeezo, I'm trying to be honest

It sounds like you're trying to make out that you're the only one who sees the truth, whilst the rest of us are happy clappers and shut down dissent at the earliest opportunity tbh.

Thecat23
23-03-2015, 05:46 AM
It sounds like you're trying to make out that you're the only one who sees the truth, whilst the rest of us are happy clappers and shut down dissent at the earliest opportunity tbh.

Not at all, it's my opinion that I think what I do. I'm not saying it's right it's what I think. Just because you disagree doesn't make you right either!!

Oh and I've never used the term "Happy clappers"

Bronson
23-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Bedwetters are out in force once again, deary, deary me.

2 defeats in 28, there's no pleasing some of you.

And for the record, we will do them in the play offs should they get past Falkirk/QoS. We were awful yesterday and still bossed that 2nd half. If Willie Collum was actually a competent ref we might not have lost that yesterday.

ancient hibee
23-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Poor as we might have been we should have equalised and their second goal should not have stood.

They stopped us playing by committing silly wee fouls 80 yards from their goal so we had to settle for free kicks instead of playing the ball up the park while they were struggling to get back.The one time we got free we should have scored.It worked for them this time .

Sir David Gray
23-03-2015, 08:06 PM

Hell will freeze over before I fear playing this current Sevco team.

They are garbage, they were just slightly less garbage than we were yesterday, and they had a referee giving them all the help in the world.

Simple.

If we get them in the play offs, I would be very confident of beating them over two legs.

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:21 PM
So after losing 3 games has our bottle gone when we need it most??

cleanyman
04-04-2015, 04:23 PM
No doubt.

When its REALLY mattered, we've caved.

Poor stuff all round.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2015, 04:24 PM

How do you explain bottle, what does it mean?

erskine-hibby
04-04-2015, 04:24 PM

Hard to say it hasn't 😩

Heisenberg
04-04-2015, 04:25 PM
We've been figured out big time.

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Hard to say it hasn't [emoji30]

It does look that way now! Can't believe we play the same way and don't change it. We have a good manager and couch imo but they do some strange stuff.

MSK
04-04-2015, 04:28 PM
It does look that way now! Can't believe we play the same way and don't change it. We have a good manager and couch imo but they do some strange stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI blame the Couch ...:agree:

BoomtownHibees
04-04-2015, 04:29 PM
How can you tell the difference between bottle and just no being very good?

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:29 PM
I blame the Couch ...:agree:

I hate predict text 😫

CRAZYHIBBY
04-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Oh well at least we have a good chance of lifting the championship title next season

Pete

I was going to say.

Does he not mean "setee"?

Thecat23
How can you tell the difference between bottle and just no being very good?

No very good is Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher days. I think we have a good side and have bottled it.

BoomtownHibees
04-04-2015, 04:33 PM
No very good is Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher days. I think we have a good side and have bottled it.

So we have good players who have bottled going for a runner up place in the first division? That's worrying

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:34 PM
So we have good players who have bottled going for a runner up place in the first division? That's worrying

Sadly that's exactly how it panning out!!

erskine-hibby
04-04-2015, 04:35 PM

Can't really comment on today's display, or lack of, but the the rangers game should have been an eye opener. The team set up was wrong, IMHO, the fact it wasn't changed when they were dominating with 5 in the midfield was strange. Then to play with only one up against Raith was also baffling. Then the result today?? It all points to a lack of judgement on AS'so part and a lack of bottle on the players part. That, or they think they just have to turn up to win. Either way it is totally unacceptable, and with the cup semi coming up they better get the finger out.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Sadly that's exactly how it panning out!!

Surely they can't be that good then if they are frightened of teams in this league?

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Surely they can't be that good then if they are frightened of teams in this league?

Mate good players all over the world crumble under pressure. We seem to do it in both top flight and Championship.

Do you think we haven't got good players and it's just because they are poor??

ehf
04-04-2015, 04:44 PM

It can only take us sofa...

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:45 PM
It can only take us sofa...

😁

BoomtownHibees
04-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Mate good players all over the world crumble under pressure. We seem to do it in both top flight and Championship.

I think we have half decent players who think they are a lot better than what they actually are

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:47 PM
I think we have half decent players who think they are a lot better than what they actually are

Could well be true, I actually thought Malonga today was lazy and needed a right boot up the arse!

Borderhibbie76
04-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Could well be true, I actually thought Malonga today was lazy and needed a right boot up the arse!

Malongas attitude b4 El Alagui came on was nothing short of disgraceful...no wonder the crowd reacted when Stubbs left him on and took Cummings off..bizarre decision IMO

BoomtownHibees
04-04-2015, 04:50 PM

He actually looked a bit better when Farid came on. Don't know if it was the reaction to Cummings going off that has given him a wee kick up the arse

blackpoolhibs

I can only go on what i see on tv and HI, and i do watch the games back when they are put up on HI. I'd say we have a few decent players but no world beaters. I'd also say we are better than all the bottom teams by quite some distance, but nowhere near as good as some on here would have you believe.

I think we have a keeper who's no better than ok, and a back 4 who still give ridiculous goals away in the bloody championship.

Midfield is strange, because we are strong in there but do pass and pass the ball to the extent it becomes boring at times.

Up front we dont take nearly enough of our chances, and i'm not sure who is the best pairing because one week they can look very good and the next very poor.

All in all, we are nowhere near as good as i'd hope we would be and rather than losing our bottle i just dont think we are that great a team.

Can we go up, yes. Will we, i'm beginning to have my doubts, i'm not even confident we will win the semi.

Thecat23
Malongas attitude b4 El Alagui came on was nothing short of disgraceful...no wonder the crowd reacted when Stubbs left him on and took Cummings off..bizarre decision IMO

I was surprised he was left on. Boyle should have replaced him.

Real Emerald
04-04-2015, 04:51 PM

He won't even jump for the ball when it's crossed into the box which is scandalous for a centre forward. It also takes him ages to get back on side meaning players have to stop and wait before playing the ball through. A right good boot up the arse is most definitely needed.

SteveHFC
04-04-2015, 04:51 PM
I can only go on what i see on tv and HI, and i do watch the games back when they are put up on HI. I'd say we have a few decent players but no world beaters. I'd also say we are better than all the bottom teams by quite some distance, but nowhere near as good as some on here would have you believe.

I think we have a keeper who's no better than ok, and a back 4 who still give ridiculous goals away in the bloody championship.

Midfield is strange, because we are strong in there but do pass and pass the ball to the extent it becomes boring at times.

Up front we dont take nearly enough of our chances, and i'm not sure who is the best pairing because one week they can look very good and the next very poor.

All in all, we are nowhere near as good as i'd hope we would be and rather than losing our bottle i just dont think we are that great a team.

Can we go up, yes. Will we, i'm beginning to have my doubts, i'm not even confident we will win the semi.

This :top marks

SteveHFC
04-04-2015, 04:52 PM
I was surprised he was left on. Boyle should have replaced him.

I'm more surprised no one has giving you grief yet :D

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:53 PM

Some fair points In there BH and I do agree with a lot of that. Still think we have bottled it though when we need to be strong.

For the record I'll put money on the prem team staying up this year in the play off final. Don't think anyone in the play offs down here are good enough to beat Well just now or County.

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm more surprised no one has giving you grief yet :D

Haha it will come mate no doubt!!!

Hannah_hfc
04-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Was confused as anyone with Cummings coming off, can only assume it was a precaution to do with the injury he had?

Huge credit to Farid who came on and immediately put the effort in.

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 04:55 PM
He won't even jump for the ball when it's crossed into the box which is scandalous for a centre forward. It also takes him ages to get back on side meaning players have to stop and wait before playing the ball through. A right good boot up the arse is most definitely needed.

Don't get me started about him jumping. I've yet to see him out jump anyone and he just seems to stroll through games as if they are training games.

Farid is one of the best headers of the ball we have seen in a while at ER so hopefully he starts!

kaimendhibs
04-04-2015, 04:56 PM
I genuinely couldn't believe my eyes when he didn't jump for a ball that went just over his head in the box. Never seen the likes

Bobby's Cinema
04-04-2015, 04:58 PM
The midfield today was pedestrian and lacking ideas. No-one other than allan even looking like wanting to play an incisive pass.

Twice I've thought Fyvie as poor as anyone and he's named Motm. Maybe I'm missing something

ancient hibee
04-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Teams know how to play us now.Pack the defence and have quick breaking players.Our midfield is too similar and Robertson,probably the least technically accomplished,is the only one to show urgency and the will to drive forward.Three matches in a row we have hardly troubled the goalkeeper and the defence has failed to take charge of goalmouth scrambles,crossing has been abysmal with balls hit into the middle in hope rather than picking out a player.Failure to rectify these recurring faults is pretty worrying.

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 05:03 PM
The midfield today was pedestrian and lacking ideas. No-one other than allan even looking like wanting to play an incisive pass.

Twice I've thought Fyvie as poor as anyone and he's named Motm. Maybe I'm missing something

Him getting MOTM was as baffling as how Malonga played the 90 mins. Or should I say walked for 90 mins.

Lago
04-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Amazing how loosing to Rangers seems to have turned our season on it's head.

Hannah_hfc
04-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Imo Fyvie was keeping our possession and getting stuck in. Maybe not setting up much but defensively I thought he did well and was one of our better midfielders. Definitely half time rated him above Allan, fortunately Allan picked it up second half. Though he needs to cut out the diving.

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2015, 05:50 PM

i'm absolutely baffled as to what exactly it is he's doing when finally making his way back onside, it's not running and it's not even as fast as a trot...then our players have to e*se about passing the ball sideways/backwards because malonga will be offside, he fair gets my ticker going

Del Boy
04-04-2015, 05:55 PM
We are Hibs. Of course we'll bottle it.

GreensesArab
04-04-2015, 05:55 PM
I genuinely couldn't believe my eyes when he didn't jump for a ball that went just over his head in the box. Never seen the likes

I've seen Tony Higgins jump higher.

Pete
04-04-2015, 05:58 PM
We are Hibs. Of course we'll bottle it.

Let me guess. You're a motivational speaker.

04-04-2015, 05:59 PM

Malonga is a lazy player. He's good when he has the ball at his feet but you'll never see him busting a gut to get into space and for a big laddie he rarely jumps for the high balls.

Nando™
04-04-2015, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't say we've bottled it. What we have been for sure is found out.

Bet your bottom quid that every team other than Hearts will just copy what the Huns did and we'll continue to struggle in front of goal.

From there, we will continue to draw or lose until Stubbs learns how to break these pish teams down.

Eyrie
04-04-2015, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't say we've bottled it. What we have been for sure is found out.

Bet your bottom quid that every team other than Hearts will just copy what the Huns did and we'll continue to struggle in front of goal.

From there, we will continue to draw or lose until Stubbs learns how to break these pish teams down.

The Yams are better than those other sides, but will have the same approach and rely on their usual luck against us to nick the only goal.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-04-2015, 07:00 PM
We are sinking, ever since Rangers beat us we have started to sink.

Alfred E Newman
04-04-2015, 09:15 PM
I wasn't at the game today as I am away on sunbathing duties but I am not surprised by the result. After more than 50 years following this lot I have come to expect Hibs teams to implode at the least opertune time.
Its always a disaster waiting to happen following the Hibs. No wonder we are treated as figures of fun by the morons in maroon.

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Let's not be fearties at this stage. We will be in the play offs and have a cup semi final ahead. Time for all of us, especially the team, to display some courage. We can turn this around before it's too late.

Hibeesmad
05-04-2015, 12:03 AM
Let's see what we have achieved at the end of May/beginning of June and then decide whether we have 'bottled' it

eastterrace
05-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Let's see what we have achieved at the end of May/beginning of June and then decide whether we have 'bottled' it

sorry did you not hear it crashing against the rangers, cause i did and its been crashing for decades when it comes to the crunch games but thats hibs for you.

Aldoo
05-04-2015, 08:01 AM
sorry did you not hear it crashing against the rangers, cause i did and its been crashing for decades when it comes to the crunch games but thats hibs for you.

Correct!! Hibs Glass Jaw exposed once again. Different manager, mostly different players same old failings.