PDA

View Full Version : Away Supporters in Scottish Football

JakeM
21-03-2015, 11:48 AM
​Hi Guys,

Some of you may have seen this on the Pie and Bovril Forum, I'm doing my Masters dissertation on supporters of Scottish football league teams, particularly fans who go to away matches.

If anyone here would be kind enough to fill out the survey and share with their fellow supporters on social media then that would be greatly appreciated!

https://stirling.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/scottishawaysupporters

I have also set up a Facebook Page "Scottish Away Supporters" and a Twitter account "@ScotAwaySupport"

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Done mate [emoji106] Good luck

southern hibby
21-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Done, hope it goes we'll.

hfc rd
21-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Done. All the best.

fatbloke
21-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Done. Good luck. GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
21-03-2015, 12:45 PM
done, good luck

Billy Whizz
21-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Done

Kojock
21-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Done :aok:

AlbertK86
21-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Done

Good luck mate

Hermit Crab
21-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Done

aljo7-0
21-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Done. :aok:

Moulin Yarns
21-03-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm in Madrid, saw Atletico v Getafe and there were 38 away fans. And another thing, Hibs could have got at least a point. Atletico are nothing to worry about.

Hibernian Verse
21-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Done. I may have different views to what an away game actually is given that I live so far away :greengrin i.e. every game is away!!!

As I have said before, Hibs are a lifestyle choice not a drain on my finances. Budgeting is key.

One Day
21-03-2015, 08:30 PM
completed

H18S NX
21-03-2015, 08:34 PM
There you go m8,good luck:aok:

monktonharp
21-03-2015, 08:36 PM
done, and do pass it on to the SFA. especially any complaints about lack of shelter, and synthetic playing surfaces at away games!:cb

Ronniekirk
21-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Just finished it there

monktonharp
21-03-2015, 08:41 PM
I'm in Madrid, saw Atletico v Getafe and there were 38 away fans. And another thing, Hibs could have got at least a point. Atletico are nothing to worry about.:dummytit: I have Atletico in the champions league pub draw. they still in it?:hide:

IberianHibernian
21-03-2015, 08:47 PM
:dummytit: I have Atletico in the champions league pub draw. they still in it?:hide:Yes . Play Real in quarters . Have a great record in recent Derbies so will hopefully make semi .

monktonharp
21-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Yes . Play Real in quarters . Have a great record in recent Derbies so will hopefully make semi .Braw, payback time for the last time in the final:not worth

IberianHibernian
21-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Also finished it . Small population of Scotland means most clubs don`t have many supporters home or away but I`m sure clubs could do more to encourage more away fans . Arbroath and Berwick had good supports at ER ( boosted by a few Hearts fans maybe ) and it certainly improves the atmosphere in the ground . Cup match 1 offs of course but do we do anything to encourage fans of opposition to travel to ER ? Reduce price of tickets ? Offer group tickets ? Pre match entertainment / food near or in ground ? Special souvenir ticket / programme for away fans ? Mixed home / away fan area for families at least ? Subsidised travel ? Tickets including match ticket and transport ? Playing Under 20 matches on same day as first team so fans / relatives of players can see both matches ? Combine Hibs match with other offers ( eg away fans buy tickets for match and get discount for cinema / Dynamic Earth / zoo for family members on same day ) ? Stadium tours of ER for away fans - we have a great stadium compared with most clubs in Scotland but how many people know about it ? So far , these are ways to get more away fans to ER and that`s ignoring giving more tickets to Celtic / Hearts ( which I`d support but not many would probably ) but almost all ideas could be reciprocated to boost number of Hibbies travelling .

monktonharp
21-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Also finished it . Small population of Scotland means most clubs don`t have many supporters home or away but I`m sure clubs could do more to encourage more away fans . Arbroath and Berwick had good supports at ER ( boosted by a few Hearts fans maybe ) and it certainly improves the atmosphere in the ground . Cup match 1 offs of course but do we do anything to encourage fans of opposition to travel to ER ? Reduce price of tickets ? Offer group tickets ? Pre match entertainment / food near or in ground ? Special souvenir ticket / programme for away fans ? Mixed home / away fan area for families at least ? Subsidised travel ? Tickets including match ticket and transport ? Playing Under 20 matches on same day as first team so fans / relatives of players can see both matches ? Combine Hibs match with other offers ( eg away fans buy tickets for match and get discount for cinema / Dynamic Earth / zoo for family members on same day ) ? Stadium tours of ER for away fans - we have a great stadium compared with most clubs in Scotland but how many people know about it ? So far , these are ways to get more away fans to ER and that`s ignoring giving more tickets to Celtic / Hearts ( which I`d support but not many would probably ) but almost all ideas could be reciprocated to boost number of Hibbies travelling . far too many sensible ideas at once, all in your post. why would any club in Scotland, want to make an away day experience enjoyable to opposing fans/ . I do like a lot you mention mate seriously, but you've overstepped the mark about giving extra space to that gorgie mob!!

Boyle89
21-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Done. Dissertations are horrible. Especially if you don't get the responses you need. Good luck!

mca
21-03-2015, 09:50 PM
far too many sensible ideas at once, all in your post. why would any club in Scotland, want to make an away day experience enjoyable to opposing fans/ . I do like a lot you mention mate seriously, but you've overstepped the mark about giving extra space to that gorgie mob!!

Some really Good ideas in that though...

IberianHibernian
21-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Some really Good ideas in that though... Lots more . All clubs seem obsessed with selling season tickets ( which have limitations - fans bound to certain seat all season etc ) but boosting away support has obvious advantages too . One reason Arbroath and Berwick brought good supports is novelty of visiting ER - if we don`t go up this year we may have teams like Forfar and Stranraer visiting us next season - 2 clubs with small supports since they`re from small towns but that will bring about 200 fans to ER cause of novelty of visiting a " big " team with good stadium . Market it properly ( look at pricing and other things mentioned above and there may be double that number ) . If we play in Forfar and they announce a free bridie for every fan with Hibs colours it`ll make the papers and our away support will go up buy a couple of hundred too . Hopefully we won`t play either Forfar or Stranraer next year and we`ll have to suffer boredom of visiting Dundee , Motherwell etc again and away fans at ER will already know our stadium but it doesn`t mean we shouldn`t do more to boost away supports at ER and ours when away . Incidentally , tomorrow`s match coinciding with a rugby weekend and especially Ireland , was an occasion that`s been mentioned many times as a chance to boost home crowd and get club known - in other years possibility of putting publicity in hotels etc has been mentioned but doubt it happened .