PDA

View Full Version : NHC Hamilton Accies

Northernhibee
20-03-2015, 10:06 PM
In absolute freefall since Alex Neill left. No wins in eleven, just humped four nil by Motherwell - Canning is doing a Butcher with them just now. Lucky that it took so long for them for a team to come in for Neill otherwise they really could have been in serious trouble.

A shame as I wanted them to do well after their fightback in the playoff against us last year - one crumb of solace that I took from our relegation was Hamilton upsetting the bigger teams in the league and giving them a real game of football.

Sir David Gray
20-03-2015, 10:13 PM
I don't think there's much doubt that they'll finish in the bottom six now, which is incredible considering they were only four points off the top of the league on New Year's Day.

Their form over the past couple of months has been reminiscent of us almost exactly 12 months ago, although their period of freefall began from a much stronger position than ours did.

Luckily for them.

Hiber-nation
20-03-2015, 10:14 PM
In absolute freefall since Alex Neill left. No wins in eleven, just humped four nil by Motherwell - Canning is doing a Butcher with them just now. Lucky that it took so long for them for a team to come in for Neill otherwise they really could have been in serious trouble.

A shame as I wanted them to do well after their fightback in the playoff against us last year - one crumb of solace that I took from our relegation was Hamilton upsetting the bigger teams in the league and giving them a real game of football.

They've lost Andreu and Antoine-Curier as well as Neil. I feel sorry for Canning, must be difficult to take over with your 2 best players gone. Thought he was on the verge of breaking down in that interview tonight.

SaulGoodman
20-03-2015, 10:21 PM
I hope they plummet. I hope we pump them in the play-offs. I hope Scotland plays the full 90 and gets run ragged.

Will never forget them all celebrating in front of the home fans while their fans celebrated at the other end of the stadium.

cabbageandribs1875
20-03-2015, 10:24 PM
they're very fortunate they have a 17 point cushion over murrawell and Ross co

Greencore
20-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Pleasing.

Cameron1875
21-03-2015, 12:19 AM
Such a shame. Tinpot club.

silverhibee
21-03-2015, 12:20 AM
My heart bleeds for them.

Onceinawhile
21-03-2015, 01:06 AM
I hope they plummet. I hope we pump them in the play-offs. I hope Scotland plays the full 90 and gets run ragged.

Will never forget them all celebrating in front of the home fans while their fans celebrated at the other end of the stadium.

That's a nonsense, the penalties were at the north stand and they ran to the keeper who saved Jason's penalty. They didn't take long to get up to their own fans. I was still in the south by the time they came up and it didn't take me long afterwards to leave!

Hamilton are a decent club, focused on youth development and supported by people who could quite easily go and support the OF like the rest of their mates. Yes they put us down, but that was our (butcher's) fault, not theirs.

Andy Bee
21-03-2015, 01:47 AM
That's a nonsense, the penalties were at the north stand and they ran to the keeper who saved Jason's penalty. They didn't take long to get up to their own fans. I was still in the south by the time they came up and it didn't take me long afterwards to leave!

Hamilton are a decent club, focused on youth development and supported by people who could quite easily go and support the OF like the rest of their mates. Yes they put us down, but that was our (butcher's) fault, not theirs.

Got to agree, I've a lot of respect for Hamilton. They continuously produce players of very high quality. I hope Canning can get a grip of things and continue what Alex Neill was doing.

oneone73
21-03-2015, 07:54 AM

Well said.

Andy74
21-03-2015, 08:01 AM
Were they not being used as an example of how to run a club earlier in the season?

Anyway, confidence and a winning habit goes a long way for a while but sustaining it against better teams is tricky.

Thecat23
21-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Can't stand them. The owner is one of the biggest crooks in Scotland with some seriously dangerous friends. I know a former player very well who told me some horror stories about 2 players who owed him money and what he done to blackmail them.

Scorrie
21-03-2015, 08:11 AM
Got to agree, I've a lot of respect for Hamilton. They continuously produce players of very high quality. I hope Canning can get a grip of things and continue what Alex Neill was doing.

Agree as well. I have a lot of time for Accies and how they go about things. I think that they actually miss Canning as a player as well. Perhaps the best solution for them is to bring in a full time manager and allow Canning to play again.

DH1875
21-03-2015, 08:24 AM
They've lost Andreu and Antoine-Curier as well as Neil. I feel sorry for Canning, must be difficult to take over with your 2 best players gone. Thought he was on the verge of breaking down in that interview tonight.

Did they not free Antoine-Curier? Thought it was a strange one at the time.

Robinho08
21-03-2015, 08:39 AM

Agreed 👍

lord bunberry
21-03-2015, 08:51 AM

I hope they go down as well, but that's because I'm bitter and twisted and I hold grudges for years. I find it helps motivate me for games :greengrin

lucky
21-03-2015, 08:54 AM
They are a very small club who appear to have a good track record in producing young players. I've nothing against them it was Petrie , Butcher , Malpas and the players that got us relegated not them

Peevemor
21-03-2015, 09:25 AM
I have nothing against them at all and couldn't care whether they're relegated or not.

silverhibee
21-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Can't stand them. The owner is one of the biggest crooks in Scotland with some seriously dangerous friends. I know a former player very well who told me some horror stories about 2 players who owed him money and what he done to blackmail them.

:agree:

Not the friendliest bunch at that club that's for sure.

connerg
21-03-2015, 02:02 PM
I hope they go down as well, but that's because I'm bitter and twisted and I hold grudges for years. I find it helps motivate me for games :greengrin

Me too.:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Would only want them relegated if it was because we met them in the play-offs. But the way they have plummeted says something about Alex Neil.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Strange appointment considering they gave Canning two or three games as interim boss and they lost them all heavily. Shame that Boozy is struggling. Had him down as our next manager once Stubbs moves on(hopefully not soon)

essexhibee
21-03-2015, 10:36 PM
They outplayed us and deserved to go up. No hard feelings against accies. Totally down to the "management"

ekhibee
22-03-2015, 12:16 AM
I think Hamilton have, until recently, done well, and they are a well run club who work within their means. They are an example to a lot of other clubs on how to develop youth rather than just spend all the time. That said, I didn't think that giving Canning the job was a good move and I said so at the time. IMO if they continue to struggle they'll empty him at the end of the season.

truehibernian
22-03-2015, 12:19 AM
Derek Ferguson has a continual 'soft spot' for them.........for that reason alone I hope they flunk badly :aok:

.Sean.
22-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Who's the owner, is it still that Ronnie Macdonald?

I really dislike Hamilton. Tinpot club, poor support, horrible and soulless stadium. They'll find themselves back down the leagues before long and they'll no be missed.

O'Rourke3
22-03-2015, 01:16 AM

I really dislike Hamilton. Tinpot club, poor support, horrible and soulless stadium. They'll find themselves back down the leagues before long and they'll no be missed.
:hijack: Club or town that you dislike? It wasn't their fault we were pash last season. Given we need opposition what teams do we like or tolerate? I'll give a fee pass to opinions on Rantic of Midlothian but other than the odd result,why? It's irrational for me but Aberdeen, Dundee U and Motherwell would never be missed.

DH1875
22-03-2015, 10:25 AM

Aye and McDonalds suck. C'mon the KFC bunch :aok: