PDA

View Full Version : Dundee release players, for supporting United

Billy Whizz
20-03-2015, 06:03 PM
What do you all think

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2015/03/dundee-release-two-players-after-they-watch-rivals-dundee-united-in-scottish-league-cup-final/

Hiber-nation
20-03-2015, 06:31 PM
What do you all think

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2015/03/dundee-release-two-players-after-they-watch-rivals-dundee-united-in-scottish-league-cup-final/

Imagine of 2 of our young players went to watch them in a semi....

Ronniekirk
20-03-2015, 06:34 PM
What do you all think

Unlikely to be the whole story imo billy

Billy Whizz
20-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Unlikely to be the whole story imo billy

Probably right, might have been told not to go, and defied orders

ballengeich
20-03-2015, 06:40 PM
What do you all think

Dundee don't think they're going to make the grade.

CraigHibee
20-03-2015, 06:45 PM
What do you all think

harsh if this was the real reason for them being released

Pretty Boy
20-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Suppose it depends on the rest of the story.

Had they gone and sat in neutral seating, say as the guest of another player, and informed the club then they might have been ok. If they have done a Lee Clark then they have really given Dundee little choice.

Northernhibee
20-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Never been able to put my finger on why but never liked Dundee FC.

Waxy
20-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Never been able to put my finger on why but never liked Dundee FC.I used to be the same, till 1986.

Northernhibee
20-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Ah well, any excuse to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Billy Whizz
20-03-2015, 07:04 PM

Don't need an excuse

scoopyboy
20-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Dundee don't think they're going to make the grade.

The real crux of the matter.

If both players were worth big transfer fees they wouldn't have been released.

Wheat Hound
20-03-2015, 07:19 PM
I take it they'll release Paul McGowan once he's jailed then?

Del Boy
20-03-2015, 07:41 PM
I take it they'll release Paul McGowan once he's jailed then?

Good question. They should release him now that he's admitted attacking a police officer. The THIRD time he's done this!

DH1875
20-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Has to be more to the story. Guy's from all teams go to see their team all the time. Plenty of players have been to see Hibs play when they were with another team.

3pm
20-03-2015, 07:48 PM
They must be pish.

No morals in fitba. If they were any good they'd still be there.

Northernhibee
20-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Don't need an excuse

Don't tell me what happened, first time I've seen this and it's 0-0. Some guy with a moustache coming on. I wonder if 'the famous' can win the league title? :hyper

snooky
20-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Has to be more to the story. Guy's from all teams go to see their team all the time. Plenty of players have been to see Hibs play when they were with another team.

I'm sure Tam McManus went to watch a Celtic game and the excuse that was released was that he was told to go and watch Henrik Larsson and learn from the experience.

Aye, and the tannoy played "Believe It If You Like".

Bronson
20-03-2015, 08:11 PM
This is nonsense, if that's the real reason then it's the most petty dismissal I've ever heard.

hibees 7062
20-03-2015, 10:12 PM
They were pished

Sir David Gray
20-03-2015, 10:31 PM
What do you all think

I think that there's no way that they would have been released just because they went to watch a football match and support a rival team.

There has to be more to it than that.

hibees 7062
20-03-2015, 11:17 PM
I think that there's no way that they would have been released just because they went to watch a football match and support a rival team.

Aye they were steaming

silverhibee
20-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Aye they were steaming

Did they pish themself's :greengrin

stormchild
21-03-2015, 05:14 AM
Celtic supporter at work took a photo of Cifcti(spelling?) sitting in beside the Celtic support for the semi final he was suspended for. Thought it was strange but it was definitely him. Maybe a summer transfer in the offing!

Robinho08
21-03-2015, 06:54 AM

2nd goal was a peach 🍑

My auld boy is a Dundee fan, so I've always had a soft spot for them. ☺

DH1875
21-03-2015, 07:12 AM
So if we make the cup final any pro thats a Hibs fan should be sacked if they turn up at the game?

Del Boy
21-03-2015, 07:13 AM
Celtic supporter at work took a photo of Cifcti(spelling?) sitting in beside the Celtic support for the semi final he was suspended for. Thought it was strange but it was definitely him. Maybe a summer transfer in the offing!

he wasn't suspended for a semi final

lord bunberry
21-03-2015, 07:46 AM
So if we make the cup final any pro thats a Hibs fan should be sacked if they turn up at the game?
I think it would only be an issue to hearts fans. If I knew that any of our players were going to watch hearts I wouldn't be happy about it.

Pretty Boy
21-03-2015, 08:36 AM
I think it would only be an issue to hearts fans. If I knew that any of our players were going to watch hearts I wouldn't be happy about it.

Exactly.

If a picture emerged of a couple of young Hibs players in the Hearts end at a cup final (no s******ing at the back) then plenty folk would be going mental. There was a fair few on here getting worked up about a picture emerging of Jason Cummings 'doing a 5-1' way before he even signed for us. But when it's Dundee and Dundee Utd it's 'petty' or 'ridiculous'.

It's all about respect for your club. Going to support your local rivals in a cup final isn't on.

bigwheel
21-03-2015, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't care it two 16 year old hearts fans , who happened to be youth players with Hibs , sat with their colours on in a final - it's their team

It wouldn't make them any less committed to their job at Hibs

Sir David Gray
21-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Exactly.

If a picture emerged of a couple of young Hibs players in the Hearts end at a cup final (no s******ing at the back) then plenty folk would be going mental. There was a fair few on here getting worked up about a picture emerging of Jason Cummings 'doing a 5-1' way before he even signed for us. But when it's Dundee and Dundee Utd it's 'petty' or 'ridiculous'.

It's all about respect for your club. Going to support your local rivals in a cup final isn't on.

I wouldn't be doing cartwheels at seeing a couple of our youth players going to watch Hearts either but I also wouldn't expect Hibs to release them because of it.

J-C
21-03-2015, 10:52 AM
What would everyone think if our top scorer Jason Cummings was seen in a Hearts top and scarf jumping around with his mates at a Hearts game, yes we all know he's a Hearts fan but you don't want to see him in with the crowd supporting them.

heretoday
21-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Is it not possible to separate the private and professional aspects of your life?

I suppose the bottom line is if you were a youngster mad to be a footballer and Hearts were the only club that took you on would you take delight in beating Hibs in a derby cup final - the idea being that you had achieved something in your career and that's a good thing in itself?

whiskyhibby
21-03-2015, 11:53 AM

Agre, if not then an employment lawyer will have a field day........

bigwheel
21-03-2015, 12:10 PM
What would everyone think if our top scorer Jason Cummings was seen in a Hearts top and scarf jumping around with his mates at a Hearts game, yes we all know he's a Hearts fan but you don't want to see him in with the crowd supporting them.

I think there is quite a difference between a first team player and a youth player...

Sir David Gray
21-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Is it not possible to separate the private and professional aspects of your life?

I suppose the bottom line is if you were a youngster mad to be a footballer and Hearts were the only club that took you on would you take delight in beating Hibs in a derby cup final - the idea being that you had achieved something in your career and that's a good thing in itself?

I wouldn't join Hearts in the first place so that problem would never occur.

Winston Ingram
21-03-2015, 01:07 PM
What do you all think

Quite right:agree:

erin go bragh
21-03-2015, 01:20 PM

Wrong JC . Jason Cummings ceased being a ****bo the minute they bombed him out when he was injured . He is what id call a born again Hibby . Fwiw id be unhappy if any of our players went and supported that lot in any game .

GGTTH

stormchild
21-03-2015, 07:01 PM
he wasn't suspended for a semi final
Sorry it was the game in between

Pete
21-03-2015, 07:25 PM

Stiff talking to. If it was a crap player he'd be out the door.

That's the reality :greengrin

monktonharp
21-03-2015, 08:34 PM
this is NHC, why still here?

HNA6
21-03-2015, 08:43 PM
this is NHC, why still here?Because its football related & this is a forum for discussing football related stuff ..