PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v The Rangers in Manhattan

Cabbage Lad
19-03-2015, 05:01 PM
My old man is in Manhattan over the weekend and wants to catch the game. Anyone know of any places which are decent to watch over there?

Thanks in advance

Ggtth

number9dream
19-03-2015, 05:30 PM
I'd be surprised if any of the main sports bars show a Scottish game.
If your dad is brave, he could go undercover at the American Bar on First Avenue, between 76 & 77 - it's where the NY Rangers Supporters Club gather. Maybe worth checking if that's still the case... There won't be too many knuckle draggers over there, but I wouldn't go in singing Sunshine on Leith!

JimBHibees
19-03-2015, 06:04 PM
My old man is in Manhattan over the weekend and wants to catch the game. Anyone know of any places which are decent to watch over there?

Thanks in advance

Ggtth

Best pub is Legends bar 6 west 33rd street just next to Empire State will definitely have it.

Footballfactoryny.com

Loads of games on.

justlikebrazil
19-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Jack Dempsey's bar will defo show it :agree:

number9dream
19-03-2015, 06:28 PM
I stand corrected. Nevada Smith's - 3rd Ave between 12 & 13 has the game on its listings, so other places are sure to show it too. He'll need to get up early, mind...

Cabbage Lad
19-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Thanks folks

KWJ
20-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Scottish bar called Deacon Brodie's. Dunno if it'll be showing it but worth a visit.

lucky
20-03-2015, 04:54 AM
Most of the bars show UK games only problem is its at 0745 in the morning on a Sunday and hardly any are open and even if they are then Liverpool v Man United is on

CapitalGreen
20-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Most of the bars show UK games only problem is its at 0745 in the morning on a Sunday and hardly any are open and even if they are then Liverpool v Man United is on

It's at 8.45 so an extra hour in bed, still early though!

Viva_Palmeiras
20-03-2015, 10:02 AM

So much for the so called "city that never sleeps"! ;)

InchHibby
20-03-2015, 10:12 AM
I'd be surprised if any of the main sports bars show a Scottish game.
If your dad is brave, he could go undercover at the American Bar on First Avenue, between 76 & 77 - it's where the NY Rangers Supporters Club gather. Maybe worth checking if that's still the case... There won't be too many knuckle draggers over there, but I wouldn't go in singing Sunshine on Leith!

I was in this bar a few years ago with my Rangers supporting Brother in Law.
It's quite a longish bar with a very small section behind the bar dedicated to Rangers.
I wouldn't exactly call it a Rangers pub as my Brother in Law did, more of a lone supporter calling it a Rangers bar with his own bits and pieces on the wall.
However it will show the match and the beers good.

southsider
20-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Hooligans Tarvern (yes I know !), 1804 2nd Ave shows Scottish football. lots of TV's, early opening etc. But.... tends to be a cop hand out

nycHIBEE
20-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Will defo be on in Legends, just make sure he goes down the stairs to bottom floor bar as thats where they'll show it.