PDA

View Full Version : More bad media cover...

scottyc1875
19-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Am I missing something here? Surely if they want to win there title at PBS then they need Rangers to beat us... or am I not doing the maths right?
Hearts defender Kevin McHattie admits he is uncomfortable with the prospect of following head coach Robbie Neilson's lead by cheering on fierce rivals Hibernian on Sunday afternoon because it would increase the hopes of the Tynecastle side being able to secure the title in front of their own fans against Queen of the South. (The Herald) (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/cheer-on-hibs-you-must-be-joking-says-mchattie.121027929)

My understanding is with 8 games left there are a total of 24 points to play for. If they win at the weekend and we win on Sunday they will still only be 20 points ahead. There is still 21 points to play for the following week? Therefore if The Rangers win against us there chances are increased more?

Phil D. Rolls
19-03-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm quite happy for the media to put all the emphasis on those two. The longer we stay under the radar the better. Did any of us know anything about Hamilton last season, until they beat us in the play offs?

Sioux
19-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Am I missing something here? Surely if they want to win there title at PBS then they need Rangers to beat us... or am I not doing the maths right?
Hearts defender Kevin McHattie admits he is uncomfortable with the prospect of following head coach Robbie Neilson's lead by cheering on fierce rivals Hibernian on Sunday afternoon because it would increase the hopes of the Tynecastle side being able to secure the title in front of their own fans against Queen of the South. (The Herald) (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/cheer-on-hibs-you-must-be-joking-says-mchattie.121027929)

My understanding is with 8 games left there are a total of 24 points to play for. If they win at the weekend and we win on Sunday they will still only be 20 points ahead. There is still 21 points to play for the following week? Threfore if The Rangers win against us there chances are increased more?

If Hertz win against Falkirk & Qos they win the league. That would give them 81 points. We can only get to 79. Or put in another way, if hertz win their next two there will be six games (18 pts) after that and they will still be 20 ahead of us.

So, in answer to your qestion - no you're not doing the maths right :greengrin

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Mr unbeatable spouting off again

lord bunberry
19-03-2015, 11:20 AM
If Hertz win against Falkirk & Qos they win the league. That would give them 81 points. We can only get to 79. Or put in another way, if hertz win their next two there will be six games (18 pts) after that and they will still be 20 ahead of us.

So, in answer to your qestion - no you're not doing the maths right :greengrin
So our result against rangers is irrelevant then. He's talking pish then:greengrin

garlic
19-03-2015, 11:32 AM
So our result against rangers is irrelevant then. He's talking pish then:greengrin

No hes not taking the piss.
If they win on Sat and we win sun they can with it at home to QOS
If they win on sat and we dont win on sun they will have won it before they play QOS.

CallumLaidlaw
19-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Neilson wants us to win, because if Hearts beat Falkirk, but we drop points to Rangers, they will win the title on Sunday afternoon while they are all sitting at home. They would rather we won so that they could win the title with a win against QOS, in front of a sold out Tynecastle. McHattie says he cant bring himself to want us to win tho. I would expect the same from Lewis Stevenson or Paul Hanlon if roles were reversed.

JimBHibees
19-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Neilson wants us to win, because if Hearts beat Falkirk, but we drop points to Rangers, they will win the title on Sunday afternoon while they are all sitting at home. They would rather we won so that they could win the title with a win against QOS, in front of a sold out Tynecastle. McHattie says he cant bring himself to want us to win tho. I would expect the same from Lewis Stevenson or Paul Hanlon if roles were reversed.

But they would both be too classy to actually say it.

Zander
19-03-2015, 11:37 AM

My understanding is with 8 games left there are a total of 24 points to play for. If they win at the weekend and we win on Sunday they will still only be 20 points ahead. There is still 21 points to play for the following week? Threfore if The Rangers win against us there chances are increased more?

If they beat Falkirk and we lose, the league is won. If we both win they can win it v QOS next week. He wants to win the league at home

scottyc1875
19-03-2015, 11:55 AM
My point was more that even although they have not played Falkirk yet they are assuming its three points in the bag everything else doesn't matter. Anyway lets drop this topic that i was very stupid to start! Hopefully Falkirk win Sat and we win Sunday allowing Falkirk/ QOS to close in on The Rangers for play-off spots. :greengrin

lord bunberry
19-03-2015, 12:01 PM
No hes not taking the piss.
If they win on Sat and we win sun they can with it at home to QOS
If they win on sat and we dont win on sun they will have won it before they play QOS.
Ah right I see. :aok:

Waxy
19-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Falkirk might pump them.

brog
19-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Falkirk might pump them.

If it's a close game a Falkirk player will be sent off! Just how many times has that happened this season? On Tuesday their first goal was ( apparently ) a mile offside, Nade was then sent off when it was 1-1 & 3rd goal was a deflection! I'm just hoping they've used up all their luck this season!

chinaman
19-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Who the xxxx cares about another shameless yak spouting nonsense.The gutter press endlessly covering up the truth for them and the vile hun shouldn't come as a surprise really.

HalfTimeSmoker
19-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Hope they lose to Falkirk & QOS but as long as we keep winning I don't give a f??k

Pete
19-03-2015, 03:56 PM
I'm quite happy for the media to put all the emphasis on those two. The longer we stay under the radar the better. Did any of us know anything about Hamilton last season, until they beat us in the play offs?

Exactly. I'm hoping these Sevco players are taking it all on board how much the Scottish game needs them and how many people are willing them to get back to the top flight. All that pressure lads...

EastCalderHibby
20-03-2015, 08:01 PM
My point was more that even although they have not played Falkirk yet they are assuming its three points in the bag everything else doesn't matter. Anyway lets drop this topic that i was very stupid to start! Hopefully Falkirk win Sat and we win Sunday allowing Falkirk/ QOS to close in on The Rangers for play-off spots. :greengrin

:agree::greengrin

O'Rourke3
20-03-2015, 09:52 PM

Yip, despite the freak 10 goals scored on the last day Dundee pipped them on GD. They'd been top of the Championship most weeks. Like us in the second leg of the play off in the 90 plus minutes - their season changed by a stoppage time goal.