PDA

View Full Version : Director statement

hawkhillhibby
18-03-2015, 08:39 PM
(Posted on both Hibs.Net and the Bounce)

Fellow fans.

It has been just over three weeks since my formal appointment as one of the Non-executive Directors of the club. In that time I have attended four meetings with fellow directors of the Club’s board and three meetings with supporters groups (St Patrick Branch, the Disabled Supporters Association and the Working Together group). I have also been able to represent the club at two funerals in that time.

All in all I have found my short time on the board very interesting, informative and engaging.

The fellow directors have been very open and transparent with both Amit and myself and it is evident they are all working very hard behind the scenes. It has surprised me the amount of work that goes on in the background that the majority of fans are totally unaware of.

I have met and spoken with a lot of supporters in the last three weeks, either at meetings, at games or just in the street and I have listened to all their opinions. I have taken these on board and will try to resolve them wherever possible.

Before the election I had indicated that I was not one for posting on fan’s social media sites, I do however read many of the posts on these sites, but this is my first ever post on the .Net and the Bounce. I would like to thank everyone who voted in the election for a fan’s board representatives (whether it was for me or not). I feel that this is a great opportunity for the supporters to be heard. I do not take this appointment lightly and will give 100% to making it succeed.

Please do not expect me to be a regular contributor on these forums but rest assured that I will continue read them to ensure that I can raise the concerns, criticisms, praise and ideas of the supporters with the Club. I will however contribute on relevant issues or where I have news or information that can be passed on to the wider Hibs Supporters community.

Once again thank you for voting. It’s only with the engagement of the support that my position will work, and I look forward to working with you all to achieve this.

#GGTTH

Frank Dougan

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Excellent Frank,

The thing for me is the sheer hard work that goes on behind the scenes un-noticed.

Keep up the good work.......

Mikey
18-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Cheers Frank, good to hear from you.

Andy74
18-03-2015, 08:42 PM
(Posted on both Hibs.Net and the Bounce)

Fellow fans.

It has been just over three weeks since my formal appointment as one of the Non-executive Directors of the club. In that time I have attended four meetings with fellow directors of the Club’s board and three meetings with supporters groups (St Patrick Branch, the Disabled Supporters Association and the Working Together group). I have also been able to represent the club at two funerals in that time.

All in all I have found my short time on the board very interesting, informative and engaging.

The fellow directors have been very open and transparent with both Amit and myself and it is evident they are all working very hard behind the scenes. It has surprised me the amount of work that goes on in the background that the majority of fans are totally unaware of.

I have met and spoken with a lot of supporters in the last three weeks, either at meetings, at games or just in the street and I have listened to all their opinions. I have taken these on board and will try to resolve them wherever possible.

Before the election I had indicated that I was not one for posting on fan’s social media sites, I do however read many of the posts on these sites, but this is my first ever post on the .Net and the Bounce. I would like to thank everyone who voted in the election for a fan’s board representatives (whether it was for me or not). I feel that this is a great opportunity for the supporters to be heard. I do not take this appointment lightly and will give 100% to making it succeed.

Please do not expect me to be a regular contributor on these forums but rest assured that I will continue read them to ensure that I can raise the concerns, criticisms, praise and ideas of the supporters with the Club. I will however contribute on relevant issues or where I have news or information that can be passed on to the wider Hibs Supporters community.

Once again thank you for voting. It’s only with the engagement of the support that my position will work, and I look forward to working with you all to achieve this.

#GGTTH

Frank Dougan

Nice one Frank. Well done.

matty_f
18-03-2015, 08:43 PM
:aok: nice one Frank, great to see you here :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
18-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Excellent to see such a contribution on here and the Bounce.

FranckSuzy
18-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Good up the good work, Frank (and Amit) :aok:

Peevemor
18-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Good stuff. Don't be a stranger.

Jonnyboy
18-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Nice one Frank :thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Good post
GGTTH

The Harp Awakes
18-03-2015, 08:54 PM
Thanks for posting Frank.

It was great to hear both yourself and Amit speaking at the St Pats branch meeting, and really encouraging that we have you both on the Hibernian Board.

I know some supporters remain to be convinced, but I genuinely believe that the Club is reaching out to the supporters with the aim of moving forward together.

All the best to you both.

GGTTH

Hibby_Paul
18-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the update and for posting on the forums Frank.

Keep up the good work.

BroxburnHibee
18-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Yep well done.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Appreciate the update and the sentiment behind it, cheers Frank.:aok:

Carheenlea
18-03-2015, 09:58 PM
This should be positive news for those contributors on this site who held concerns that Frank was not an active user of such forums. While he has indicated that he won't be prolific poster, the fact that he has read, and will continue to read the posts, he will be well aware of any topics that Fans on here have strong views on.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Good statement. Don't be a stranger now :wink:

BT58
19-03-2015, 06:16 AM
Thanks for your feedback Frank.

Stewboy
19-03-2015, 06:28 AM
Good to hear

jacomo
19-03-2015, 06:35 AM
Good stuff.

Northernhibee
19-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Good luck Frank, hope to see the 100ft statue of Lewis outside ER soon!

Bill Milne
19-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Good to see you posting on the net, Frank, don't be a stranger!!

Stantons Angel
19-03-2015, 08:03 PM
This should be positive news for those contributors on this site who held concerns that Frank was not an active user of such forums. While he has indicated that he won't be prolific poster, the fact that he has read, and will continue to read the posts, he will be well aware of any topics that Fans on here have strong views on.

Good statement Frankie boy! Im sure you will use the media sites to gauge the sentiments of the support and i know you are intelligent enough to spot those who are just out to get themselves in print!

Your job wont be an easy one but i also know you will give it your all and try to bridge that gap that appeared between the club and support.

we can only go forward working together for the better of the club and its supporters.

Keep up the good work!

fatbloke
19-03-2015, 08:41 PM
In Frank and Amit we trust

GGTTH

ronaldo7
19-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Welcome Frank, I'm sure you'll do a grand job after hearing you and Amit speak at St Pats, and the WT meeting. Good luck.

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Well done Frank, having spoken to you a couple of weeks ago and reminding you of when we first met 20 odd years ago I'm pleased to see that you are keeping an ear to the ground on here.

Stonewall
19-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Hi Frank - really good statement.

Delighted that you are prepared to go into this with an open mind. You, as someone who has been known as a critic of the board (and me not knowing you) I was a bit worried that you might not be in this for the long haul. Your statement is hugely encouraging in that you are prepared to acknowledge the efforts and integrity of the board members.

I'm sure (and hope) your critical faculties remain in rude health but whilst it's easy to sit on the sidelines and be a critic, and I'm encouraged that you are prepared to accept and embrace the responsibilities of your role.

D