PDA

View Full Version : NHC Is the United vs Celtic on TV ?

yekimevol
18-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Hey
Does anyone know what channel the United Celtic reply is on ? Can't see it on the sky TV guide anywhere.

Pete
18-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Nope.

Looks like it's BBC radio Scotland for some unbiased chat.

HH81
18-03-2015, 05:04 PM
I don't think any live games can be shown on a champions league night apart from games in that comp.

Mr White
18-03-2015, 05:11 PM
I don't think any live games can be shown on a champions league night apart from games in that comp.

Apparently that's why the reading v Bradford game was on monday there- so it could be televised despite both teams playing 48 hours earlier.

Edit- actually more like 51 hours but you get the drift :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2015, 05:59 PM

Is that right? Never heard of that rule.

Malthibby
18-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Aye, the big boys don't want any local distraction.
Fortunately, Scottish footballll gets a massive cash injection to make up for forelock tugging....:rolleyes:

HH81
18-03-2015, 06:11 PM

Yes it's right.

Haymaker
18-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Yes it's right.

Yep. The EFA got a fine from uefa a few years back for televising Liverpool v everton when European games were on but no English teams playing.

seanshow
18-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Is that Kevin Harper working for tic tv :grr: what a turncoat

(joking, it just sounds like him)

Sir David Gray
18-03-2015, 06:50 PM

Yep, it's a UEFA ruling.

I think lower league games are fine but certainly no top league matches or cup matches are allowed.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Yep, it's a UEFA ruling.

I think lower league games are fine but certainly no top league matches or cup matches are allowed.

That is a bullshat rule. Countries should be able to show whatever games they want regardless of champions league matches being on at the same time.

jgl07
18-03-2015, 11:58 PM

In England they are not even allowed to stage a top division match when UEFA matches of running. With the Round of 16 being split (taking up four weeks) plus Quarter Final and Semi-finals accounting for another four weeks, it does not leave many midweek slots to run domestic matches after the resumption in February. International weeks may also wipe out other weeks as do FA Cup replay reserved slots.

Tough luck if a team reaches the League Cup Final or has any matches abandoned or postponed. They could end up playing Saturday and Monday or even Friday, Monday, Wednesday to clear a fixture backlog.

How long before someone has the guts to challenge the corrupt UEFA?

DavieRoy
19-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Like other UEFA members, Scotland receives solidarity payments from UEFA that they don't want to jepordise by break rules.
The irony being that the SFA actually have a good TV deal, contrary to popular believe, unlike the SPFL and this game would have been live if it wasn't for this rule.
UEFA have the power and they are not willing to dilute their own competitions.
Interesting though that the crowd was 28,000 and Peter Lawwell has moaned about TV fixtures previously, where were the other 30,000? Still in Seville? If it was a League game they would have published 45,000!