PDA

View Full Version : Kris Commons hopes The Rangers earn promotion via the play-offs this season

emerald green
18-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Commons is quoted in the paper today as "believing that the global profile and fascination in Scottish football has been devalued by the two sides - Celtic & The Rangers - not meeting regularly in league competition."

"It makes people around the world get out of bed in the middle of the night in Australia. My mates down south don't know much about Scottish football but they want to see that game" spouts Kris.

I see that Celtic supporters are already commenting that if Celtic never play them again it will be too soon.

Kris - engage your brain before talking a load of p***. Try telling this to A&E staff at local hospitals how much this game is needed, or police officers having to deal with what goes on before and after these fixtures.

Surely it's beyond question that the two best teams deserve to be promoted from the Championship, i.e. Hibs & Hearts (hate to say it) both in terms of their on field performances and the dignified manner Hibs have gone about their business off the field too. Compare that to the circus at Ibrox.

Kato
18-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Celtic and Rangers Up a Tree,
K. I. S. S. I. N. G.

s.a.m
18-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Celtic and Rangers Up a Tree,
K. I. S. S. I. N. G.

:greengrin

Jeezo. Can you just picture the baby-in-a-golden-carriage?

Lago
18-03-2015, 11:41 AM
I really really hope they don't.

jacomo
18-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Lots, lots more of this to follow.

lord bunberry
18-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Well the folk in Australia and his mates down south are going to be disappointed

3pm
18-03-2015, 11:46 AM
I don't believe he's that bothered. If he's getting the £'s, he'll play against anyone.

Greencore
18-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Celtic and The Rangers Up a Tree,
K. I. S. S. I. N. G.

Fixed that for you.

Hannah_hfc
18-03-2015, 11:47 AM
I get the impression from the few Celtic fans I know that they take much delight in Rangers being a championship team, and would take even more delight if they stayed that way for another few years or so.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2015, 11:50 AM
He is entitled to his opinion, just as I'm entitled to hope that Dundee Hibs beat Glasgow Hibs tonight.

Oh aye, cheers for scoring the first goal on Sunday Kris, paid for my day out in the boozer!

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2015, 11:58 AM
When celtic were playing rangers on a regular basis yer mates down south still didn't know anything about Scottish football ya muppet. People tuned into the OF derby the way folk tune into formula 1 hoping to see a crash.

The two of them should form their own league if they love each other so much and leave the rest of us in bloody peace.

Geo_1875
18-03-2015, 12:05 PM
I don't believe any British footballer would respond to a question with the words "global profile and fascination". The journo has made that up. And I'd like to see an accurate transcript of their Q&A to see if the article holds any similarity to the truth. I very much doubt it does.

Jim44
18-03-2015, 12:17 PM
I started a thread here yesterday about 'footballing people' rooting for Sevco returning to the big league next season. Commons contribution just reflects this shocking about turn in the view of full recovery for Sevco. What happened to all the talk of justice and football integrity before financial considerations? Two faced barstewards the lot of them. Commons, like the other Sevco apologists, can't see past his nose or pocket and has no time or consideration for teams like us who are impudent obstacles in the way of Old Firm natural order. I would love D Utd. to do the business against the soap dodgers tonight. Not only because it would help our Cup chances but mainly because of my hatred for everything the Old Firm stands for.

Kato
18-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Fixed that for you.

My bad, cheers. :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2015, 12:39 PM
My mistake, cheers. :aok:

Thats fixed too.

Kato
18-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Thats edited too.

Fixed yours, as well. :na na:

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-03-2015, 12:53 PM
He never even mentioned us at all, just shows you how out of touch players like him are.

It's headlines like this that puts pressure on refs to give them (even more) favours, we need a strong man on Sunday as I have a hunch they will be up to their old tricks and getting away with it.

Kato
18-03-2015, 12:58 PM
He never even mentioned us at all, just shows you how out of touch players like him are.

I know it irks some but I don't mind that under the radar thing, sometmies give you an edge.

Nutmegged
18-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Why do people care? Commons is a footballer, those games no matter what we think of either club are huge, they would sell out if they kicked off at 4am on a Wednesday morning, they get the whole razzmatazz off SKY for it and for the week leading upto it they'll be treated like top Premiership clubs from media all over the place, its one of the most recognisable fixtures in World Football, I wouldn't say people in Argentina will tune in for it but they'll know about it much in the same way I'm sure not many Brits will tune into Boca/River Plate but we all know its a huge fixture, its no surprise a Player wants to play in those kind of matches, I'm sure if we mnaged to stay up last year one of our current players would be saying the same thing right now about Hearts.

Celtic vs Rangers will be a far bigger deal to a Celtic Player than Celtic vs Hibs, Celtic vs Falkirk, Celtic vs Queens or Celtic vs Motherwell/St Mirren/Ross County

Nothing to get upset about, Hibs are going to pit Kris' hopes on hold anyway

easty
18-03-2015, 01:05 PM
How many folk got out their beds across the world to see the cup game last month, that crap game where The Rangers didn't even have a shot on goal? If you had to watch that 4 times a season it'd put you off Scottish football for good.

hibee316
18-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Celtc and The Rangers Up a Tree,
Performing the act of Bug-ger-y

Fixed it for both of you!

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Fixed yours, as well. :na na:

My bad does my bosoms in, it doesn't even make any sense.

Greentinted
18-03-2015, 01:43 PM
When celtic were playing rangers on a regular basis yer mates down south still didn't know anything about Scottish football ya muppet. People tuned into the OF derby the way folk tune into formula 1 hoping to see a crash.

The two of them should form their own league if they love each other so much and leave the rest of us in bloody peace.

I like this post. Lots!

GreenLake
18-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Kris Commons does not want Hibs to get promoted as he sees a team that will put an end to Celtics period of dominance.

jacomo
18-03-2015, 02:02 PM
It's about sporting integrity above all else . If Der Rangers earn promotion then - yay! - the Bigotry Derby is back as a regular fixture. If they don't then they will have to try again next year.

Mind you, you hear the same sort of thing down in England, such as 'Leeds are a big club, they *should* be back in the top Division'. The difference is that the English League authorities did not try and help them escape relegation.

southsider
18-03-2015, 02:45 PM
Kris Commons does not want Hibs to get promoted as he sees a team that will put an end to Celtics period of dominance.
And hope KC trips over his fat belly and is out for the season

Onion
18-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Nothing factually incorrect in what he's saying, the game Scotland is less appealing to global audiences without the OF matches. As some have said, the problem is the authorities also think this and will be shameless in their attempts to solve the problem, starting Sunday.

Kato
18-03-2015, 03:20 PM
My bad does my bosoms in, it doesn't even make any sense.

"Chillax, dude"

Keith_M
18-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Nothing factually incorrect in what he's saying, the game Scotland is less appealing to global audiences without the OF matches. As some have said, the problem is the authorities also think this and will be shameless in their attempts to solve the problem, starting Sunday.

Surely the Scottish game is no more or less appealing, it's only this one match those people are interested in.

To me, there are more negatives than positives in showing this bigotted hate-fest to the world as a symbol of Scottish Football.

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2015, 05:04 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNscwmdgO2NqmWlgw9fKzWk_izv6k67 xosOcoVx9pTEU4fzWLt

snedzuk
18-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Commons is quoted in the paper today as "believing that the global profile and fascination in Scottish football has been devalued by the two sides - Celtic & The Rangers - not meeting regularly in league competition."

"It makes people around the world get out of bed in the middle of the night in Australia. My mates down south don't know much about Scottish football but they want to see that game" spouts Kris.

I see that Celtic supporters are already commenting that if Celtic never play them again it will be too soon.

Kris - engage your brain before talking a load of p***. Try telling this to A&E staff at local hospitals how much this game is needed, or police officers having to deal with what goes on before and after these fixtures.

Surely it's beyond question that the two best teams deserve to be promoted from the Championship, i.e. Hibs & Hearts (hate to say it) both in terms of their on field performances and the dignified manner Hibs have gone about their business off the field too. Compare that to the circus at Ibrox.

So does diarrhoea which is eminently more preferable.

ancient hibee
18-03-2015, 05:42 PM
So does diarrhoea which is eminently more preferable.

That's just a load of s**t.

portycabbage
18-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Anyone who doesn't crave the return of the old firm duopoly in the top flight should ask themselves this - are any of you mates of Kris Commons's from down south who know nothing about Scottish football? Because those are the people who should be running the game. QED.

(:wink:)

monktonharp
18-03-2015, 09:09 PM
So does diarrhoea which is eminently more preferable.:faf:

Sir David Gray
18-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Maybe Celtic should get themselves relegated then if they're so bothered about playing them four times a season as there's no way that Sevco's going up this year.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2015, 10:18 PM

In the eyes of many English based fans its been devalued to the same extent by the influx of No hopers from England who none of the small to medium sized clubs in England are falling over themselves to get back down South, Kris Commons for example.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2015, 10:45 PM

Meant to add, why would people all around the world want to get out of bed in the middle of the night in Australia? It's quite a long way away for most of the people in the world.

Also, did he ever consider the ones in Australia who actually do wake up might just do it because they were needing a piss?

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Maybe Celtic should get themselves relegated then if they're so bothered about playing them four times a season as there's no way that Sevco's going up this year.

Commons contract will have expired before der hun get back in the spfl.

1875godsgift
19-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Meant to add, why would people all around the world want to get out of bed in the middle of the night in Australia? It's quite a long way away for most of the people in the world.

Also, did he ever consider the ones in Australia who actually do wake up might just do it because they were needing a piss?

:agree:

I'd have to get out of bed in the middle of the night if Kris Commons made me wake up in Australia.
Otherwise I'd be late for work.

Nutmegged
19-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Anyone who doesn't crave the return of the old firm duopoly in the top flight should ask themselves this - are any of you mates of Kris Commons's from down south who know nothing about Scottish football? Because those are the people who should be running the game. QED.

(:wink:)

We call those guys Neil Doncaster & Stuart Regan around these parts :wink: