PDA

View Full Version : Should we roll over to Queens and Bairns?

hibbyfaelibby
18-03-2015, 06:53 AM
With The Rangers tribute act struggling to make the playoffs should we play the tactical game and let Queens and Falkirk have the points when we next play them? If the tribute act make the play offs you know the GFA will gerrymander the games they have to ensure they win promotion and this way we can enhance our own chances.

3pm
18-03-2015, 06:53 AM
No.

lyonhibs
18-03-2015, 06:59 AM
Jesus Christ.

That's a no from me by the way.

dalgetybayhibee
18-03-2015, 06:59 AM
no have to win all games

Waxy
18-03-2015, 07:00 AM
No.

andrew70
18-03-2015, 07:02 AM
We might be getting better but 'rolling over' to a team we haven't beat in the league this season and a fellow play-off contender is a strange thing to say.

We need to ensure we are at the top of our game, in every game

LancsHibs
18-03-2015, 07:03 AM
No we aim to beat Falkirk, we aim to beat QOS and we beat the Rangers:cb

staunchhibby
18-03-2015, 07:08 AM
Why should we do that . We have played well to get into this position?

Ringothedog
18-03-2015, 07:17 AM
What a totally absurd idea. Beat every team and beat them well

J-C
18-03-2015, 07:21 AM
What an utterly ridiculous thread, **** QOS and Falkirk, my only thoughts are for Hibs and to gain as many points as possible. :confused:

lord bunberry
18-03-2015, 07:21 AM
If we've already secured 2nd place by the time we play Falkirk on the last game of the season, and a Falkirk win would put Rangers out of the playoffs then we should play a weakend team. Our goal at this stage is to secure 2nd place, once that has been achieved then we must do whatever's best for us.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2015, 07:33 AM
I think that any one of the big two will sort out the rangers without our help. Falkirk would be more of a problem than the new boys.

Steve20
18-03-2015, 07:50 AM
If we've already secured 2nd place by the time we play Falkirk on the last game of the season, and a Falkirk win would put Rangers out of the playoffs then we should play a weakend team. Our goal at this stage is to secure 2nd place, once that has been achieved then we must do whatever's best for us.

We haven't beat Falkirk this season. Why would playing Falkirk in a playoff situation be better for us than playing Rangers?

Falkirk are capable of winning the playoffs if they get there, imo.

McIntosh
18-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Not the Hibs way, we have to leave these kind of tactics to the provisional club that share the City with us.

rosco-hibee
18-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Jesus Christ.

I echo this sentiment.

spike220
18-03-2015, 08:38 AM
With The Rangers tribute act struggling to make the playoffs should we play the tactical game and let Queens and Falkirk have the points when we next play them? If the tribute act make the play offs you know the GFA will gerrymander the games they have to ensure they win promotion and this way we can enhance our own chances.

Is that you Terry?

Gus
18-03-2015, 08:44 AM

Quite clear why you have only posted 8 times ffs

Thread closed

EdinMike
18-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Dumbest ****ing question I've ever seen on here.

No, go out and win every game.

TAHibby
18-03-2015, 08:50 AM
We're more likely to get beat off Falkirk or QoS in the playoffs, they are actual organised teams.

WillowbraeHibby
18-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Eh!!!! 'Fraid not... Points mean prizes, and we want as many points as possible... Sod the rest.... :cb

frazeHFC
18-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Why would we make it harder for ourselves?? Both those teams are better than Rangers.

lord bunberry
18-03-2015, 10:02 AM
We haven't beat Falkirk this season. Why would playing Falkirk in a playoff situation be better for us than playing Rangers?

i still think that having to play Rangers in the playoffs will be a more difficult proposition than Falkirk. A full house at Ibrox and a referee like CT would be a lottery imo. Hopefully we'll have 2 wins against Falkirk under our belts by then as well.

JeMeSouviens
18-03-2015, 10:08 AM

:agree:

The New Huns are an absolute shambles. They have a ***** squad with a load of has-beens about to go out of contract who know their time on the gravy train is nearly up. I'd far rather play them than Falkirk even accounting for the potential Craig Thompson factor. Let's face it, he's just as liable to give Falkirk or QotS a raft of dodgy decisions as he is the New Huns.

hibee-boys
18-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Should we be able to secure 2nd spot before the end of the season then I would imagine Stubbs would take the opportunity to rest/rotate some players but that's it. I'd never want our team to lay down to anyone!

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Falkirk and Queen of the South are just as tough a proposition as the The Rangers, what would be the point of rolling over to them to let either one into the play offs. Our record against the Zombies to date is way better than against Falkirk or QotS anyway.

Anyway ........ we are the Hibees, an honourable club who are well capable of losing games without doing it deliberately.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 10:24 AM

Behave yourself. You're actually asking if hibs should throw matches when we are perfectly capable of winning all our remaining games. Rangers will drop more points this season starting with this Sunday.

This has to be a wind up.

poolman
18-03-2015, 10:26 AM

Epic fail

emerald green
18-03-2015, 10:57 AM
What a complete and utter load of nonsense. OP surely cannot be serious?

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Epic fail

:agree:

Spudster
18-03-2015, 11:35 AM
I'd be a yes, but being Aberdonian my hatred for Der Hun is abit stonger than most on here.

allezsauzee
18-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Lie down to them? We've beaten these sides once in six attempts so I wouldn't be assuming we could beat them automatically if we tried 100%

CraigHibee
18-03-2015, 11:57 AM

aye, no bother, what a fantastic idea :rolleyes:

Speedy
18-03-2015, 12:07 PM
A more relevant question might be: Should we lie down to Rangers on Sunday to give us more chance of an easy game in the play off? :greengrin

Answer to both is no.

WeeRussell
18-03-2015, 12:29 PM
I'd be a yes, but being Aberdonian my hatred for Der Hun is abit stonger than most on here.

I hate the huns more than the OP's idea... quite happily tan them on Sunday, and do it all over again should they scrape into the playoffs.

@ the OP... if you're scared the powers that be are going to somehow push that rabble through the playoffs - what's to stop them doing it before then.. meanwhile we've gifted 6 points away and find ourselves jeopardising our promotion hopes.

Maybe we should lie down in the Scottish Cup to make sure Celtic have a better chance of winning it, and therefore annoy Rangers a bit more?

100% nonsense suggestion.

theonlywayisup
18-03-2015, 12:33 PM
:rolleyes: the OP is only asking a question. It is a football forum to discuss and debate topics that are relevant to Hibs. Just because you don't agree with what he is implying, there is no need for the OTT responses.

It is not beyond belief that McCall could turn The Rangers around so that they become much harder to beat and dangerous in attack (I know hard to believe today) but doing it slowly so that it just comes down to the final game of the season and it comes down to the Falkirk game to decide if The Rangers finish 4th or 5th. It is also not beyond belief that The Rangers could become dangerous opponents in a two legged play-off, one of which could be at a packed and noisy Ibrox. It is not beyond belief that The Rangers could benefit from some odd referreeing decisions, we have seen a few already this season against them. It is not beyond belief that the two games against The Rangers could be a lot more problematic than we have already experienced against them so far.

Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine. The evidence is that The Rangers are currently a very poor team and getting worse, but all that could change once McCall builds his team. Who knows?

WeeRussell
18-03-2015, 12:36 PM
:rolleyes: the OP is only asking a question. It is a football forum to discuss and debate topics that are relevant to Hibs. Just because you don't agree with what he is implying, there is no need for the OTT responses.

It is not beyond belief that McCall could turn The Rangers around so that they become much harder to beat and dangerous in attack (I know hard to believe today) but doing it slowly so that it just comes down to the final game of the season and it comes down to the Falkirk game to decide if The Rangers finish 4th or 5th. It is also not beyond belief that The Rangers could become dangerous opponents in a two legged play-off, one of which could be at a packed and noisy Ibrox. It is not beyond belief that The Rangers could benefit from some odd referreeing decisions, we have seen a few already this season against them. It is not beyond belief that the two games against The Rangers could be a lot more problematic than we have already experienced against them so far.

Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine. The evidence is that The Rangers are currently a very poor team and getting worse, but all that could change once McCall builds his team. Who knows?

If most see the original post as on over-the-top suggestion, then what's wrong with posting what you see as an over-the-top reply? Nobody's abusing anyone!

Wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone just posted "I disagree".

As an aside - I have no idea why my posts have large spaces at the top today!

ian cruise
18-03-2015, 12:39 PM
If most see the original post as on over-the-top suggestion, then what's wrong with posting what you see as an over-the-top reply? Nobody's abusing anyone!

Wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone just posted "I disagree".

As an aside - I have no idea why my posts have large spaces at the top today!

I disagree

KeithTheHibby
18-03-2015, 12:39 PM

Jesus. How are we enhancing our chances by deliberately losing 2 games?? Staggering comment.

WeeRussell
18-03-2015, 12:51 PM
I disagree

:giruy2::tee hee:

HiBremian
18-03-2015, 02:09 PM
1. We want to win every game from now till the end of the season, and keep the momentum going. Given the logjam of games that would mean in May, there's an argument for player rotation but options are limited given we could have 5 vital games to play in something like 10 days.

2. Let Der Hun engineer their own downfall. They're perfectly placed to do so right now.

3. If there's a "favour" we can do for QOS and the Bairns, it's destroying the Hun's goal difference on Sunday by giving them a good pumping. :flag:

nonshinyfinish
18-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Jesus Christ.

This.

weonlywon6-2
18-03-2015, 06:10 PM
No

SonOfDavidFrancey
18-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Morality.

HibbyAndy
18-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Roll over ? Nah.. Play like we couldn't give a **** aye ?

I'd much prefer to play QOS or Falkirk than Rangers.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-03-2015, 06:51 PM
I would look back at last seasons' thread about if and when we could relegate Hearts, just to remind us to where mis-placed smug-ness can get you. Thatand the thread on broke-back when we played Falkirk in the last semi.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2015, 06:54 PM
On present form, Sevco are more than capable of finishing outside the play offs all by themselves, without us throwing matches against Falkirk and Queen of the South.

Keith_M
18-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Dontcha just hate it when Yams come on here and post stupid suggestions, just so they can go back to Brokeback to laugh at the daft things that 'Hibs Fans' are saying.

:lurksub:

Aldo
18-03-2015, 07:06 PM
No way! I want us to win every single game if we can between now and end of season.

O'Rourke3
18-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Dontcha just hate it when Yams come on here and post stupid suggestions, just so they can go back to Brokeback to laugh at the daft things that 'Hibs Fans' are saying.

:lurksub:
Ah finally the first LTYF! It would be a no from me...

Mikey
18-03-2015, 07:10 PM
A thread about rolling over for Queens and Bairns would be much more at home on Kickback.

bigwheel
18-03-2015, 07:17 PM
what a horrible arrogant idea in the OP...Both these teams to easily beat us if we are not on the top of our game, and frankly if we don't turn up and shine on Sunday we could get turned over...Let's keep those nonsense thoughts out of hear, and hope the team keeps digging out points in every game...

donno
18-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Play to win every game. Playing Sevco is the best bet over 2 legs. Then bring on the 11th placed prem team. They will be just as woeful as we were this time last year, so a good chance over 2 legs.

sh00byd00
18-03-2015, 08:53 PM
I actually think both Falkirk and QoTS are better teams than Sevco. Most Sevco players are playing like they know they're not getting contract renewals, so I'd prefer to meet those shower of ****s than either of those 2 clubs below them.

I have no idea why people still think Sevco are any great shakes compared to the other clubs around us.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Has the op been faxed back to Kaunas or left by mutual consent yet? :greengrin

--------
19-03-2015, 12:06 AM

Is that '8' really the number of your posts or is it your age? Or maybe your IQ?

LTYF. :jamboclow

Vault Boy
19-03-2015, 12:40 AM
Rangers are doing a great job at rolling over themselves. They don't need any help.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-03-2015, 06:30 AM
Another Hit and run thread?

Stewboy
19-03-2015, 06:34 AM
**** that, our guys would thrive at a full Ibrox!

emerald green
19-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Play to win every game. Playing Sevco is the best bet over 2 legs. Then bring on the 11th placed prem team. They will be just as woeful as we were this time last year, so a good chance over 2 legs.

The bit in bold. How do you know that? What are you basing that statement on? Just asking like.

tamig
19-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Ridiculous suggestion. We need to keep the momentum going all the way through to promotion. No exceptions.

theonlywayisup
04-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Today was all part of a grand plan!

:devil:

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Aye, we even made it look convincing.

Jim44
06-04-2015, 07:40 PM
This thread is embarrassing drivel.

Hermit Crab
06-04-2015, 07:45 PM