PDA

View Full Version : Let's sell out Sunday

Pages : [1] 2

weonlywon6-2
17-03-2015, 08:51 PM
As it says on the tin, let's try and get a big crowd behind Hibs on Sunday v the Huns.
We turned out in huge numbers when we were rank rotten, let's do it when we have now got a team to be proud of

Billy Whizz
17-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Don't know if we will sell out, but would be nice if we can 12,000/13,000 Hibees inside ER

Aldo
17-03-2015, 08:53 PM
As it says on the tin, let's try and get a big crowd behind Hibs on Sunday v the Huns. We turned out in huge numbers when we were rank rotten, let's do it when we have now got a team to be proud of

Won't let me buy my ticket on line for some reason so will either phone or pop in before pintage on Sunday morn!!

Hopefully their result the nite will entice a few more Hibbys to pop along!!

Gatecrasher
17-03-2015, 08:56 PM
It probably won't sell out but it's a massive game and as big as any semi final imo, it's deserving of a big crowd. Rangers won't make it easy for us so it's important we stay behind the team.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-03-2015, 08:59 PM
It probably won't sell out but it's a massive game and as big as any semi final imo, it's deserving of a big crowd. Rangers won't make it easy for us so it's important we stay behind the team.

Won't be anywhere near a sell out Unfortunately, plenty left when I bought mine last night. surprised at just how many unsold to be honest.

Fishwicke
17-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Wonder if the away end will be a sell out after tonight's result.

.Sean.
I'm sure the dot-counting maestro that is Scoopyboy will be along any minute now telling us what's left and what's no! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
Wonder if the away end will be a sell out after tonight's result.

Probably was sold out a few weeks back

Hermit Crab
17-03-2015, 09:04 PM
As it says on the tin, let's try and get a big crowd behind Hibs on Sunday v the Huns.
We turned out in huge numbers when we were rank rotten, let's do it when we have now got a team to be proud of

No danger of a sellout for this game.

Sir David Gray
17-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Attendance will be around the 16000 mark.

Ringothedog
17-03-2015, 09:08 PM

sadly :brickwall

B.H.F.C
17-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Surely at least 16k for this one

Hermit Crab
17-03-2015, 09:10 PM
sadly :brickwall

Yes sadly but if it was a Saturday 3pm then maybe it's a different story.

Ronniekirk
17-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Surely at least 16k for this one
You would like to think so

Pretty Boy
Looking at the eticketing it looks like we could be doing with a rush in the next few days. Only a few sections with limited availability.

I'm not normally one to moan about prices but £28 the weekend before payday is probably quite prohibitive.

silverhibee
I'm sure the dot-counting maestro that is Scoopyboy will be along any minute now telling us what's left and what's no! :greengrin

Scoops in da house :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
17-03-2015, 09:12 PM

Too many dots for me to count the now mate.

Need more green sections to go yellow and maybe a couple going red (sections 4, 6, 12, 13 and 41 best bets).

I'm quite disappointed by the amount sold so far.

Were on a great run but the numbers returning to back the club are poor IMO.

scoopyboy
17-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Looking at the eticketing it looks like we could be doing with a rush in the next few days. Only a few sections with limited availability.

I'm not normally one to moan about prices but £28 the weekend before payday is probably quite prohibitive.

Yes, price, kick off time and it's a Sunday.

All the serial excuse makers will be along soon.

eastterrace
17-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Too many dots for me to count the now mate.

Need more green sections to go yellow and maybe a couple going red (sections 4, 6, 12, 13 and 41 best bets).

I'm quite disappointed by the amount sold so far.

Were on a great run but the numbers returning to back the club are poor IMO.

maybe we have lost these supporters for ever or then again keeping there dosh for the semi final nice we day trip out to hampden.

Billy Whizz
17-03-2015, 09:16 PM

We should be offering double loyalty points, might add a few to the gate

macca70
17-03-2015, 09:17 PM

Hibs Loyal 😳

The_Exile
17-03-2015, 09:18 PM

Sure a few clubs in England do this for their bigger games. Wigan rings a bell.

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2015, 09:19 PM

Mr Positivity strikes again...is that a permanent black cloud that hovers above your head??

Hiber-nation
17-03-2015, 09:19 PM

Very true. Not sure why some folk want to make all the effort to travel through to Hampden for what will probably be a crap view when they could come along on Sunday instead!

scoopyboy
17-03-2015, 09:21 PM
maybe we have lost these supporters for ever or then again keeping there dosh for the semi final nice we day trip out to hampden.

Possibly, but it would be nice if the semi-final day trippers could make it along to the ground even a few times more a season.

I was thinking of starting a campaign where every regular attender tried to bring along a new or lapsed supporter, if my theory worked to perfection we could double our support.

Howzat for silly idea of the week?

Springbank
17-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Other teams must chuckle at this type of twisted logic, the reasons and justifications people spun for not supporting a smashing team

It's as complicated as this...

Great team
Well managed
Playing great football
Lend them your voice & some of your precious time
Come on the Hibs!

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2015, 09:22 PM

Sadly people will be thinking alomg these lines but IMO Sunday is more important as a win should cement 2nd place

eastterrace
17-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Possibly, but it would be nice if the semi-final day trippers could make it along to the ground even a few times more a season.

I was thinking of starting a campaign where every regular attender tried to bring along a new or lapsed supporter, if my theory worked to perfection we could double our support.

Howzat for silly idea of the week?

sounds a good idea but i use to go with about 5 or 6 off us and need to pay these guys in for them to go, but they will be at the final i would imagine.

.Sean.
17-03-2015, 09:25 PM

The excuses will miraculously be out the windae by the time Hampden comes around though obviously.

Anyone that can afford it and doesn't have any work or family commitments on Sunday that still ain't going need to have a serious word. Sunday is massive and the team most definitely deserve our backing.

scoopyboy
17-03-2015, 09:28 PM
The excuses will miraculously be out the windae by the time Hampden comes around though obviously.

Anyone that can afford it and doesn't have any work or family commitments on Sunday that still ain't going need to have a serious word. Sunday is massive and the team most definitely deserve our backing.

Correct mate, I would like to see the Bouncer Ross brigade grow every home game as well leading up to and including the play offs.

scoopyboy
17-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Read all about it - section 39 has changed from green to yellow in the last few minutes.

Progress is being made.:flag::flag::flag:

Onceinawhile
17-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Mr Positivity strikes again...is that a permanent black cloud that hovers above your head??

Whilst I agree that hermit is hardly a ray of sunshine, let's face it, it's not going to be a sell out.

Fishwicke
17-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Just what would it take to sell out Easter Road?

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Its only Tuesday ...... c'mon you Hibbies oot there get buying :flag:

Gmack7
17-03-2015, 09:42 PM
I'm getting 9 tomorrow

Ringothedog
17-03-2015, 09:43 PM

Hibs fans to buy tickets :dunno:

Hermit Crab
17-03-2015, 09:46 PM

A concert.

Largshibby
17-03-2015, 09:46 PM
I'm getting 9 tomorrow

5 for me including 1 that's never been to a game before!

Hermit Crab
17-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Its only Tuesday ...... c'mon you Hibbies oot there get buying :flag:

Plenty time to hit the 16/17k mark. There will be folk getting paid on Friday as well.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Sure a few clubs in England do this for their bigger games. Wigan rings a bell.

Not a bad idea that to be honest. Maybe something for the future.

Andy74
17-03-2015, 09:51 PM

I agree with him. No chance.

lucky
17-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Two of my mates who were ST holders last season are going. I'm taking this as sign that some Hibbies are returning

scoopyboy
17-03-2015, 09:54 PM
I agree with him. No chance.

I agree there is no chance of a sell out but whipping up a bit of enthusiasm on this thread might just get the crowd up a wee bit.

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2015, 09:59 PM
I agree there is no chance of a sell out but whipping up a bit of enthusiasm on this thread might just get the crowd up a wee bit.

Im dragging my mate along to his first Hibs game this season...come on we can all persuade a pal/lapsed fan to come along and support the boys

Ronniekirk
17-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Every little helps so keep Whipping I am taking one extra so if everyone tried to do that we would have 17 000 there no problem .

silverhibee
17-03-2015, 10:03 PM
A concert.

Did Fatboy Slim not do this for Brighton and donate the takings to the club, could the Proclaimers not do the same for Hibs. :greengrin

Fishwicke
17-03-2015, 10:05 PM

scoopyboy
17-03-2015, 10:06 PM
I know this thread isn't representative of the entire Hibs support but in the last half hour there are encouraging signs that some people are starting to return to the fold and others going along. If the team can respond then a few might attend more regularly or buy season tickets.

silverhibee
17-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Won't let me buy my ticket on line for some reason so will either phone or pop in before pintage on Sunday morn!!

Hopefully their result the nite will entice a few more Hibbys to pop along!!

I'll give you a lift over on Saturday night bud, make sure you get there early enough. :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
17-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Did Fatboy Slim not do this for Brighton and donate the takings to the club, could the Proclaimers not do the same for Hibs. :greengrin
We could probably get a good line up The Lead Singer of Admiral Fallow is a big Hibbie .

Mikey09
17-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Hibs should make it a couple of quid for under 16's. Fill the place. But they won't.

Malthibby
17-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Hibs should make it a couple of quid for under 16's. Fill the place. But they won't.

Quit whining, we are going to have a big crowd on Sunday.
GG

Glorious St Pat
17-03-2015, 10:34 PM
I've tried and tried to get lapsed fans along and all I get are the same old excuses. Even when my daughter can't go, I can't even give the ticket away!

Its a a shame really and things are on the up and to see us destroy the the Huns again is surely worth the admission.

I live in hope.

scoopyboy
17-03-2015, 10:38 PM
I've tried and tried to get lapsed fans along and all I get are the same old excuses. Even when my daughter can't go, I can't even give the ticket away!

Its a a shame really and things are on the up and to see us destroy the the Huns again is surely worth the admission.

I live in hope.

Keep plugging away at them, even getting one back would be a start.

Mikey09
17-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Quit whining, we are going to have a big crowd on Sunday.
GG

How do you get I was whining?? I made a comment about how to get more fans in. It won't be sold out so all I said was make it a couple of quid for under 16's..... But they won't do that. The irony of you whining about my post...

The_Exile
17-03-2015, 10:54 PM
How do you get I was whining?? I made a comment about how to get more fans in. It won't be sold out so all I said was make it a couple of quid for under 16's..... But they won't do that. The irony of you whining about my post...

I agree, I'd let kids in for nothing for the remaining home games, provided they were with a paying adult #weareallrodpetrie :greengrin

Mikey09
17-03-2015, 11:22 PM
I agree, I'd let kids in for nothing for the remaining home games, provided they were with a paying adult #weareallrodpetrie :greengrin

Totally agree. Would be a great way to get extra bums on seats. Surely an extra voice in the crowd is better than an empty seat....

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2015, 11:40 PM
14,072. - 3.5 k huns

hibeesboii
17-03-2015, 11:43 PM
I'll be there, my first game this season so can't wait!!

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 12:32 AM

I live in hope.

I had three spare for the berwick match. No takers but I bet the folk I asked will want tickets for the semi final. :rolleyes:

weonlywon6-2
18-03-2015, 05:28 AM

Exactly, if you can, get to the game.
As I said before we supported Butgcers awful team in huge numbers, why not Stubbs team who are good?

Squealing pig
18-03-2015, 05:35 AM
Taking lad to first game can't wait , if he enjoys which he will ill b back every home game with him

scoopyboy
18-03-2015, 06:06 AM
This thread is getting more positive every time I read it.

Lots of people taking newbies and slowly but surely we are getting the non-attenders back.

Keep the positive posts coming.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Barbie and Ken are not going now Sindy has disappeared. :wink:

Ronniekirk
18-03-2015, 07:41 AM
But Bill and Ben ( shlobadob) have ditched the Weed and are thinking about it :wink:

Rasta_Hibs
18-03-2015, 08:43 AM
Ill be going to my first game this season on Sunday along with my Dad - His first game in a few seasons!

lord bunberry
18-03-2015, 10:09 AM
:tee hee:

FranckSuzy
18-03-2015, 10:14 AM

:tee hee: I preferred Sinday :wink: :agree:

hibee-boys
18-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Taking a mate along and it'll be his first game of the season, hibby all his life as well, just gave up on them last year.

Andy74
18-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Are folk just coming to see Rangers?

It's the same Hibs team that plays here every game. This game is 3 points up from grabs, same as the others.

Andy74
18-03-2015, 12:20 PM

They won't because the number of people who pay up front for their kids to get season tickets. Why would they do so again if they then just give the tickets away?

I think a significant number of our season tickets sold are kids ones.

Thecat23
18-03-2015, 12:22 PM

It's the same Hibs team that plays here every game. This game is 3 points up from grabs, same as the others.

I think most find the chance to really rub their noses in it though to much to resist. It's more than just any other game Andy, it's The Rangers! I hope we skelp them again and give them it right 😁

scoopyboy
18-03-2015, 12:30 PM

I'm kinda hoping that if some of the lapsed guys see Hibs beating Rangers in the flesh it may rekindle their enthusiasm and they may return on a more regular basis.

Thinking if we can't coax them back for a Rangers match what chance have we got for getting them back to an Alloa game.

Your three points up for grabs statement however is 100% accurate.

Billy Whizz
18-03-2015, 12:31 PM
What was the crowd at the December fixtute

Brooster
18-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm taking my cousin to his 2nd game of the season, his first was the Livvy game,

KdyHby
18-03-2015, 12:42 PM
What was the crowd at the December fixtute

Phil MaGlass
18-03-2015, 12:57 PM
I have a feeling this could be a sellout or damn well near it, were on a good run, the buns are struggling, were playing the type of fitba we have been screaming out for and the feel good factor is back, wish I was going. if I was living in Scotland this is one game i would not miss.

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2015, 01:00 PM

On the strength of the Huns last performance at Easter Road, I would very much doubt it.

muzzando
18-03-2015, 01:04 PM
I'm at uni in glasgow so can't get to too many games atm but will be through for this one. Biggest game of the season so far (until the semi), since if we win then we'll have 2nd place in the bag

:gwa:

RoscoHibby
18-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Just got 2 tickets there, have only been to 7-8 games this season, but the smashing of the hun last time will live long in the memory. Got about a 60odd mile round trip as well, so would say to any local hibbys in Leith, just get down there and back the team. NEARLY as sweet as doing the diets!! Cmon the hibees

:gwa:

Hibby Bairn
18-03-2015, 01:10 PM

But these are genuine reasons imo. Sunday is the busiest day for kids and youth football in Edinburgh. Games kick off at 11am and 2pm so if your son or daughter is playing in a game then you will probably be there rather than ER. And that probably means not just you as the dad/mum but also the son(s) and daughter(s) as well.

The 12.45 KO makes it hard for these people to make it to the game if not impossible. 200 teams (just a guess) with 15 players per team is 3,000 kids/youths. And in most cases 3,000 dads or mums. So you are excluding potentially 6,000 people who might otherwise go. Even 20% of this would add 1,200 to the gate.

The_Exile
18-03-2015, 01:11 PM
They won't because the number of people who pay up front for their kids to get season tickets. Why would they do so again if they then just give the tickets away?

I think a significant number of our season tickets sold are kids ones.

£25 for a kids ST in FF Lower, that is practically giving them away anyway. I think you'd struggle to find a sizeable number of people who have paid for a kids ST unhappy with letting kids in for free with a paying adult for the rest of the home games TBH.

CallumLaidlaw
18-03-2015, 01:22 PM
But these are genuine reasons imo. Sunday is the busiest day for kids and youth football in Edinburgh. Games kick off at 11am and 2pm so if your son or daughter is playing in a game then you will probably be there rather than ER. And that probably means not just you as the dad/mum but also the son(s) and daughter(s) as well.

The 12.45 KO makes it hard for these people to make it to the game if not impossible. 200 teams (just a guess) with 15 players per team is 3,000 kids/youths. And in most cases 3,000 dads or mums. So you are excluding potentially 6,000 people who might otherwise go. Even 20% of this would add 1,200 to the gate.

thats suggesting all 6000 are hibs fans, and would all go to the games. When in fact not even 25% will be hibs fans.

Its funny, when the derby is a Sunday, we manage to get close to 16,000 home fans.

SlickShoes
18-03-2015, 01:27 PM
I'll roll out the excuses then, I have nae money to afford a ticket.

I'll be at the QOTS game next month and possibly Dumbarton, though but that won't please some of the folk on here that seem to think if you don't attend all games/most important/least important/whatever they deem reasonable, you aren't a real supporter.

Anyone that comes along to support hibs on Sunday(or any other day) regardless of whether they have been here all this season or haven't been for years should be encouraged to come back by all fans, puishing people away because some folk don't deem them worthy is total madness.

CallumLaidlaw
18-03-2015, 01:29 PM
£25 for a kids ST in FF Lower, that is practically giving them away anyway. I think you'd struggle to find a sizeable number of people who have paid for a kids ST unhappy with letting kids in for free with a paying adult for the rest of the home games TBH.

I wouldnt be very happy letting them in for FREE. Make it a fiver, fair enough. But my boys season ticket was £85 IIRC

Whether people want to believe it or not, it makes it very hard to add value to a product when there is contiual offers of free/discounted tickets. The club WANT people to buy season tickets, so announcing now that the remaining 5 home games are free for kids, would maybe slow season ticket sales as people will consider leaving a ST and taking advantage of deals that are put on in the season. The club have talked about how they want to reward ST holders for buying, and this doesnt represent that.

CallumLaidlaw
18-03-2015, 01:31 PM

I'll be at the QOTS game next month and possibly Dumbarton, though but that won't please some of the folk on here that seem to think if you don't attend all games/most important/least important/whatever they deem reasonable, you aren't a real supporter.

Anyone that comes along to support hibs on Sunday(or any other day) regardless of whether they have been here all this season or haven't been for years should be encouraged to come back by all fans, puishing people away because some folk don't deem them worthy is total madness.

I don't believe thats what people are saying. Its more, if you are free, and CAN afford it, get yourself along to the game.
If someone has the cash, and isnt doing anything on sunday afternoon, I don't know why they would rather watch it at home/in the pub.

scoopyboy
18-03-2015, 01:31 PM

Yes I agree there are genuine reasons and your example I would agree with 100%.

However I could also argue (although not to the same extent) that guys who play on a Saturday are then able to watch Hibs on a Sunday.

My gripe is not with youth football, work obligations or family commitments.

It's the guys who gripe about it being a Sunday, too expensive and a silly kick off time.

They are in the boozer before the game, watch the game in the boozer and still in the boozer when you get back. To me this negates all three reasons they give for not going. They then compound it by saying Hibs are crap, not realising if more people would go then we would have more money and then be less crap.

scoopyboy
18-03-2015, 01:33 PM

The whole point of the thread is trying to get them back, not drive them away.

Bob Box Fish
18-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Coming up for this one, first chance I've had since the opening game of the season.

Brightside
18-03-2015, 02:20 PM

Games ko from 9am! Move them forward. ;-)

lucky
18-03-2015, 02:32 PM
I don't care if it's a Hibs fans 1st game of the season or not we are all Hibs fans. People have a multitude of reasons for attending or not but games against the Old Firm , Hearts or semi/ finals people make the effort or sacrifices to enable them to attend. So in my book well done to everyone who's going and here's hoping more turn up for the next few games

GGTTH

weonlywon6-2
18-03-2015, 05:10 PM
This thread is getting more positive every time I read it.

Lots of people taking newbies and slowly but surely we are getting the non-attenders back.

Keep the positive posts coming.

Good good, keep it going to get decent numbers in the door and well done on those already attending 👍👍👍

weonlywon6-2
18-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Coming up for this one, first chance I've had since the opening game of the season.

Good effort mate, well done

Glorious St Pat
18-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Managed to get a lapsed season ticket holder along for Sunday. He's got 50 years supporting the cabbage behind him and he informs me he's renewing for next year. Only another half dozen to work on!

RoYO!
18-03-2015, 05:24 PM
56 seats left in S41

42 seats left between section 4 and 6- lower west.

Would be great to see some more sections turned red.

The The Rangers may well strengthen from here, but for the mean time they are PISH. Get along to see the Hibees turn them over again!

Get the plans sorted and get along to the game. The print at home option works and takes so much of the hassle out of it.

Ronniekirk
18-03-2015, 06:11 PM
56 seats left in S41

The The Rangers may well strengthen from here, but for the mean time they are PISH. Get along to see the Hibees turn them over again!

Get the plans sorted and get along to the game. The print at home option works and takes so much of the hassle out of it.
Scoops will be along later to give us the definitive position but had hoped after last nights result there would be a decent uptake today

weonlywon6-2
18-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Managed to get a lapsed season ticket holder along for Sunday. He's got 50 years supporting the cabbage behind him and he informs me he's renewing for next year. Only another half dozen to work on!

👏👏👏👏👏

inglisavhibs
18-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Scoops will be along later to give us the definitive position but had hoped after last nights result there would be a decent uptake today

Just got mine on line but no great uptake today. Hopefully sales improve towards the end of the week.

Sprouleflyer
18-03-2015, 09:34 PM
2 extra tickets purchased for a couple of Greek/Cypriot friends who support AC Omonia, another team that plays in green :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
18-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Just got mine on line but no great uptake today. Hopefully sales improve towards the end of the week.
Hopefully as the Team Deserve the Fans backing

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Still thousands of tickets left but still plenty time to shift a few of them.

Ringothedog
19-03-2015, 07:23 AM
Ticket sales look around 15000 at the moment.

Ronniekirk
19-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Ticket sales look around 15000 at the moment.
Take it those mutants have sold Thier end not just thier soul ,which would mean we haven't yet shifted 11 thousand . Surely we can muster 15 thousand hardly souls to answer the call .irresective of weather tv And kick off time.

Ringothedog
19-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Take it those mutants have sold Thier end not just thier soul ,which would mean we haven't yet shifted 11 thousand . Surely we can muster 15 thousand hardly souls to answer the call .irresective of weather tv And kick off time.
Doubt it, my guess would be 16500 and that's being optimistic.

HH81
19-03-2015, 07:45 AM
I had three spare for the berwick match. No takers but I bet the folk I asked will want tickets for the semi final. :rolleyes:

You never offered me one...ha

California-Hibs
19-03-2015, 08:06 AM

If they've sold out the south and ticket sales are at 15k, that means around 11.5k tickets have been bought by Hibs fans so far, as the south holds 3,500. So we have broke 11k. I predict we'll shift in the region of 13k making it an attendance of around 16,000

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 08:45 AM
If they've sold out the south and ticket sales are at 15k, that means around 11.5k tickets have been bought by Hibs fans so far, as the south holds 3,500. So we have broke 11k. I predict we'll shift in the region of 13k making it an attendance of around 16,000

They issue tickets to supporters clubs and never really have general sale. I can't remember the last time they failed to fill the south stand.

Since90+2
19-03-2015, 08:55 AM
They issue tickets to supporters clubs and never really have general sale. I can't remember the last time they failed to fill the south stand.

Last time we played them.

CallumLaidlaw
19-03-2015, 09:31 AM

yep, there was definitely gaps at the 4-0 game, as I know a couple of Rangers fans that managed to get tickets for the west stand as they thought they'd sell out, so were surprised when they saw empty seats in the south stand.

Hibs07p
19-03-2015, 09:58 AM
A bit off topic, some comedy gold, and realistic expectations on the Rangers Media forum from their Official Hibs V Rangers Thread.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=281207

I'll settle for a point.

In fact, I'd be ****ing delighted with a point.

GGTTH

Alex Trager
19-03-2015, 10:12 AM
This is one of the best things I've read all season from RM

No doubt we will have a few interviews with player's telling us how they are hurting inside and they are looking forward to beating Hivs. Would love reporters to ask some questions along these lines....

So Boyd...how come you have only scored 3 league goals this season and look fat as ****
McCulloch ...can you play any worse?
Black...how much on the opposition to win this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 10:18 AM

All tickets were sold.

seanshow
19-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Maybe we are missing an opportunity with this being a database ticket only game.
an expected 30k+ irish egg chasers in town this weekend it would give them something to do on the sunday, hibs should get the ticket pods open on sunday and bolster the crowd.

Since90+2
19-03-2015, 10:48 AM
All tickets were sold.

You mentioned you coudnt remember the last time they failed to fill the stand. The last time we played them the stand wasnt full regardless of whether they sold all the tickets or not.

The Godfather
19-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Bringing three Irish mates up from Manchester for the Rugby Saturday and Hibs game Sunday. GGTTH

RoxburghHibs
19-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Didn't think I could make it but can now. So just purchased two tickets in section 44 in the East stand.

Bring on the Hibees!! :flag:

IanM
19-03-2015, 02:47 PM
just bought two tickets and signed up for HSL..

A very pleasing day at work :flag:

Hillsidehibby
19-03-2015, 02:58 PM
For once I am glad its on a Sunday. Morrissey gig in Glasgow on Saturday night staying over then back home in time for game. :flag:

number9dream
19-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Just purchased 4 tickets for West Stand upper - my 73-year-old dad, who hasn't been back since the Malmo fiasco, a mate from Madrid and the missus (from Barra) - the latter two have no real interest in Hibs but both have expressed antipathy for the opposition...

Hibby70
19-03-2015, 03:43 PM
I'd like to see Hibs having someone trying to sell tickets on princes street. I know the database is in place for this game but surely trying to actively sell to tourists must be a starter.

There's going to be thousands of them milling about on Saturday.

TheFamous1875
19-03-2015, 04:05 PM
I'd like to see Hibs having someone trying to sell tickets on princes street. I know the database is in place for this game but surely trying to actively sell to tourists must be a starter.

:aok:

It'd it'd be good if Hibs did something like this - similar to what Domino's Pizza do with those people standing about, but instead of advertising tickets, they could buy/sell them right there on the spot! Have it start from the Kirkgate and make it's way up town, with a few on Easter Road itself!

Speedy
19-03-2015, 04:05 PM
The time almost put me off this week but too big a game to miss. Will just have to drag myself out of bed after 2 days on the piss.

Aldo
19-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Still thousands of tickets left but still plenty time to shift a few of them.

Going to get mines on Sunday from the TO!!

California-Hibs
19-03-2015, 04:38 PM

Been saying this for years! Someone should really question Hibs about this! No doubt the old database line would be the response. Potential opposition fans in the home ends.

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Maybe we are missing an opportunity with this being a database ticket only game.
an expected 30k+ irish egg chasers in town this weekend it would give them something to do on the sunday, hibs should get the ticket pods open on sunday and bolster the crowd.

If was open to non database persons then we'd get huns in the hibs end and all hell would break loose in the stands.

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 04:47 PM

The first time we have opposing fans in our end we have a riot.

seanshow
19-03-2015, 04:55 PM
If was open to non database persons then we'd get huns in the hibs end and all hell would break loose in the stands.

surely easily identifiable, those who's knuckles are dragging on the ground are denied entry. :confused:

Ronniekirk
19-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Going to get mines on Sunday from the TO!!

Cutting it Fine Aldo Could be sold out by then :confused:

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 05:26 PM
surely easily identifiable, those who's knuckles are dragging on the ground are denied entry. :confused:

Now you know it doesn't work like that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2015, 05:58 PM
56 seats left in S41

What if you don't have a printer? ;-)

RoYO!
19-03-2015, 06:03 PM

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2785165.htm :greengrin

bingo70
19-03-2015, 06:07 PM
The first time we have opposing fans in our end we have a riot.

Did that ever happen pre database days?

Imo we've solved a problem that wasn't there.

Aldo
19-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Cutting it Fine Aldo Could be sold out by then :confused:

Will have to keep close tabs on it Ronnie!! ;-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2015, 06:14 PM
The point a previous poster made re the amount of Irish punters in town is a very good one, not sure how to get around the database issue though, unless they are all befriended by folk already on said database.

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Will have to keep close tabs on it Ronnie!! ;-)

Can't you order online, and pick up on Sunday?

JimBHibees
19-03-2015, 06:17 PM

Pretty sure you can

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Pretty sure you can

Jim, you can, but I was asking Aldo though😄

JimBHibees
19-03-2015, 06:34 PM
:wink:
Jim, you can, but I was asking Aldo though

Ok :greengrin

Ringothedog
19-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Did that ever happen pre database days?

Imo we've solved a problem that wasn't there.

The problem existed. I have seen Celtc fans being chased onto the pitch at the corner between the east and Famous five.

iwasthere1972
19-03-2015, 06:54 PM

Bought a ticket online on my phone for brother and selected print at home. Forwarded the email to my work email address and hey presto print at work.

Simples.

Aldo
19-03-2015, 07:06 PM

Aye probably could. Driving through on Sun so will have time to pick it up.

Aldo
19-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Jim, you can, but I was asking Aldo thoughdde04

Oops!! :-)

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Aye probably could. Driving through on Sun so will have time to pick it up.

You'd have the benefit of picking a seat near Ronnie, if you buy online😄

Aldo
19-03-2015, 07:10 PM
You'd have the benefit of picking a seat near Ronnie, if you buy onlinedde04

Mmmmm!! ;-)

I've actually been trying to select a specific seat but not letting me. Brings up closest to??

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Mmmmm!! ;-)

I've actually been trying to select a specific seat but not letting me. Brings up closest to??

Are you choosing a seat using a PC?
If you are, just click on the dot

Aldo
19-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Are you choosing a seat using a PC? If you are, just click on the dot

No ipad but will go and warm up the PC the now Billy! Ta

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 07:22 PM
No ipad but will go and warm up the PC the now Billy! Ta

Better on the PC, you can choose the actual seat you want, if it's available.
Good luck

Aldo
19-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Better on the PC, you can choose the actual seat you want, if it's available. Good luck

Sorted Billy. Thanks for that! Gonnae sort it and print at home I think!

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Sorted Billy. Thanks for that! Gonnae sort it and print at home I think!

Easy peasy, the interactive seating plan is useless on an iPad/iPhone

Aldo
19-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Easy peasy, the interactive seating plan is useless on an iPad/iPhone

Sorted. 1 bought. Just gonnae collect it though. Can't be bothered sorting out printer.

Thanks Billy!

Ronniekirk
19-03-2015, 08:01 PM
You'd have the benefit of picking a seat near Ronnie, if you buy online
Dinna go dragging me into this . But my son e mailed me three tickets at my work and I printed them off Havent looked where but usually Section 44. will keep a look out for Aldo will have my daughter on one side and son on the other keeping me in check .ive seen Aldo celebrating a goal so if he ends up beside you you won't miss him .:wink:

Aldo
19-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Dinna go dragging me into this . But my son e mailed me three tickets at my work and I printed them off Havent looked where but usually Section 44. will keep a look out for Aldo will have my daughter on one side and son on the other keeping me in check .ive seen Aldo celebrating a goal so if he ends up beside you you won't miss him .:wink:

Ha ha!! ;-)

At 6ft tall and 14st your no wrong Ronnie.

Good news for you is I'm in the West Lower section 4 on Sunday!! ;-)

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Ha ha!! ;-)

And good news for me, I'm in 40😄

Aldo
19-03-2015, 08:20 PM
And good news for me, I'm in 40dde04

;-)

HibeeDave
19-03-2015, 08:22 PM
driving up tomorrow, i'm in the east on Sunday for the first time in fifteen years

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 08:23 PM
driving up tomorrow, i'm in the east on Sunday for the first time in fifteen years

Pack your suncream, weather's looking good

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Any sections sold out yet?

Aldo
19-03-2015, 08:24 PM

Any way Mr K. I was impeccably behaved at Livi when we thumped them 4 zip?? :-)

O and did you not choose to stand next to me?? (Cannae mind if it was the other way round now)

Aldo
19-03-2015, 08:25 PM
Any sections sold out yet?

I had a look when I bought mine. Some in the west have half a dozen or so. 16k ish on Sun I would think.

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 08:28 PM
I had a look when I bought mine. Some in the west have half a dozen or so. 16k ish on Sun I would think.

Still two days plus Sunday morning to buy and print at home. :aok:

Ronniekirk
19-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Ha ha!! ;-)

14 stone ,you need to start eAting all the healthy fresh kettle Farm produce ,berries and fish Fae Fife Nae point living in the East Neauk and no taking advantage of Gods Kingdom .

Ronniekirk
19-03-2015, 08:31 PM

O and did you not choose to stand next to me?? (Cannae mind if it was the other way round now)

They say oppositites attract but given I was reluctant to give out my user name you must of looked suspicious :wink:

Aldo
19-03-2015, 08:32 PM
14 stone ,you need to start eAting all the healthy fresh kettle Farm produce ,berries and fish Fae Fife Nae point living in the East Neauk and no taking advantage of Gods Kingdom .

I don't live in the Neuk!! I'm in Leven.... The gateway to the Neuk.

As for diet spookily enough I started my health kick a week past Monday and all going well. If the game had been a few weeks ago I would of been considerably heavier Ronnie. (Once shoulder is up to it Road bike will be out . Hopefully in the next 2 to 3 weeks)

Aldo
19-03-2015, 08:33 PM
They say oppositites attract but given I was reluctant to give out my user name you must of looked suspicious :wink:

Thing is you did.

Anyway back on track and I think we will get a rush the morn and Sat with a few walk ups (on database) on Sun taking total to 16, 333 or thereabouts

Ronniekirk
19-03-2015, 08:33 PM
And good news for me, I'm in 40
Your forgetting I know where you sit :wink:

AlbertK86
19-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Did that ever happen pre database days? Imo we've solved a problem that wasn't there.

Happened regularly in late 70s early 80s

Seen numerous paggers in old East between Hibbies and small groups of rangers fans who had sneaked in our end

southern hibby
19-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Been saying this for years! Someone should really question Hibs about this! No doubt the old database line would be the response. Potential opposition fans in the home ends.

Not hard to check their passport / Visa card or European card. Take name number from that against ticket given. Job done. GGTTH

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Not hard to check their passport / Visa card or European card. Take name number from that against ticket given. Job done. GGTTH

Only if they are carrying those things with them. When I'm abroad I don't take my passport out with me! It gets left in the safe in the room.

Alex Trager
19-03-2015, 11:12 PM
I think Hibs miss a HUGE trick in not tapping Into edinburgh a tourist potential.

There should be mention of us at the airport. At Waverley.

And especially during festival time there should be people
Trying to sell tours/tickets to games.

It's mental. The window of opportunity is huge.
Hopefully Leanne will do something like this with her first full summer this year. No managers to find etc

Basildon Hibs
19-03-2015, 11:21 PM
I think Hibs miss a HUGE trick in not tapping Into edinburgh a tourist potential.

Hopefully Leanne will do something like this with her first full summer this year. No managers to find etc

Why don't you send her an e-mail, then?:wink:

CallumLaidlaw
20-03-2015, 07:15 AM

I raised this at a forum with the club 2/3 years ago. I mentioned that I'd recently been in Barcelona where they had ticket pods on Las Ramblas selling tickets for the upcoming game. They said that we were soon going to have our own ticket pods (which we obviously now have) so using these to set up in the town would be a possibility. But they again mentioned about the database issues.

I know whenever we go on a city break, I always have a look to see if theres a match I can go to. Would be crazy not to try and tap into this.

S.sct
20-03-2015, 07:23 AM
Just had a look on line and really quite disapointed in the take up of tickets....cum oan....get yer ***** to the match....moan.....(not literally)...:wink:

Hermit Crab
20-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Just had a look on line and really quite disapointed in the take up of tickets....cum oan....get yer ***** to the match....moan.....(not literally)...:wink:

Whats the count like?

mutley
20-03-2015, 07:42 AM
MK Dons have a little stand inside the massive shopping centre in MK, selling merchandise and tickets .
Just a thought

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-03-2015, 07:57 AM
MK Dons have a little stand inside the massive shopping centre in MK, selling merchandise and tickets .
Just a thought

I never bought tickets for the Wimbledon game from there that I wasn't planning on going to.

sauzeelegod
20-03-2015, 08:10 AM
We could probably get a good line up The Lead Singer of Admiral Fallow is a big Hibbie .

The lead singer of The Valkarys is a Hibs fan too.

green&left
20-03-2015, 08:50 AM
I raised this at a forum with the club 2/3 years ago. I mentioned that I'd recently been in Barcelona where they had ticket pods on Las Ramblas selling tickets for the upcoming game. They said that we were soon going to have our own ticket pods (which we obviously now have) so using these to set up in the town would be a possibility. But they again mentioned about the database issues.

I know whenever we go on a city break, I always have a look to see if theres a match I can go to. Would be crazy not to try and tap into this.

Yep, similarly got Espanyol tickets from a pod on Las Ramblas for a game against Malaga. No interest in the game but seen it advertised while walking down so though why not, took the GF to it aswell (her first fitba match, and last probably. Easy 80,eur plus for Espanyol).

Also bought Hertha Berlin tickets for their home match to Bayern Leverkusen from a tourist information shop in the main train station.

Brightside
20-03-2015, 09:06 AM

Plenty tourists turn up in the West Lower most weeks.

Alex Trager
20-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Plenty tourists turn up in the West Lower most weeks.

You could turn plenty into a lot more with proper PR

My_Wife_Camille
20-03-2015, 09:12 AM

You were standing with us and your behaviour was appalling :cb

squire
20-03-2015, 09:35 AM
I tried to go to as many matches in Europe when I was doing a bit of travelling and saw matches in Italy (Roma v AC Milan,) Croatia and Poland and I also saw a match in Australia recently.

All it took to get a ticket was a trip to the stadium or ticket office with my passport for the majority of them. Easy peasy.

The match in Poland involved a bit more effort as I had to go to the ticket office with my passport and have my photo taken and attached to my ticket as they used face recognition technology at the turn style.

So A process can be put in place if we encouraged tourists to come along to ER or had a pod up town where they could buy tickets. Obviously they can PATG for some matches so that would be more of a marketing strategy. I don't see why a tourist should be turned away for not being on the database if they can produce ID.

southern hibby
20-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Only if they are carrying those things with them. When I'm abroad I don't take my passport out with me! It gets left in the safe in the room.

Point taken. However some form of id is all you re-alistically need. Even a visa / credit card that you pay the tickets with ( certain ways to pay need your address for approval ).

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
20-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Point taken. However some form of id is all you re-alistically need. Even a visa / credit card that you pay the tickets with ( certain ways to pay need your address for approval ).

GGTTH

Yes I agree with that but Hibs seem to be slow on the uptake with these sort of things, it's getting better though as LD brings changes in. The time to target the tourists is during the edinburgh festival. A month of celebrations in the city and at least 4 or more games during this time.

Easter road should be a fringe venue for people to visit and watch a match with tickets being sold/advertised in the city centre itself. Easy enough to do I think.

S.sct
20-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Whats the count like?

Eh??? feel free buddy, just looks like a pretty bang average crowd (at the moment anyway)

Mikeystewart
20-03-2015, 10:11 AM

Looking like a poor home crowd (considering the magnitude of the game/ how well we're doing) unless there is a last minute rush for tickets. With the derby, SC Semi and season ticket renewals coming up i think the £28 price is a bit too steep for a few.

hibs0666
20-03-2015, 10:26 AM

Looking like a poor home crowd (considering the magnitude of the game/ how well we're doing) unless there is a last minute rush for tickets. With the derby, SC Semi and season ticket renewals coming up i think the £28 price is a bit too steep for a few.

That's life. The people that will attend can afford it, and care so much that they are prioritising the team above everything else. That's exactly the people we want at a big game. :thumbsup:

drumatic44
20-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Let's back the team to the hilt and go for a ' TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HUN' !!
Allez les Vertes Originales !!

scoopyboy
20-03-2015, 10:31 AM

Some of the yellow sections are very close to turning red so the picture isn't all that clear from the seating plan.

I've noticed that the tickets are moving nearer to the day of the game since print at home was introduced.

I think it will be a decent crowd but not as much as I would have liked.

I'm also disappointed with the crowds since the team's performances have picked up.

Leithenhibby
20-03-2015, 10:33 AM
£28 is a tad steep for this league. The Huns only charged £23 if I remember. ..
GGTTH

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2015, 10:39 AM
£28 is a tad steep for this league. The Huns only charged £23 if I remember. ..
GGTTH

Tad steep? It's massively overpriced.

Saying that, if i didnt have a 3pm KO on Sunday I'd have been going

NAE NOOKIE
20-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Just looked at the dots and to be honest its pretty disappointing. The early kick off and live TV usually affect the crowd anyway, but even so considering how we are playing and our new found ability to stuff the Zombies its still looking lower than I would have expected.

It looks more and more like the £28 price is part of why we aint shifting as many as we should be. Keeping Premier pricing was fine by me for all league games, but keeping £28 for Cat A was a step too far IMO and it looks like quite a few agree unfortunately.

hibee-boys
20-03-2015, 10:53 AM
We struggle to sell our allocation in derby games so I'm not surprised by ticket sales for this game. Some good ideas around promoting our games, ticket pods etc. Appreciate that the database problem would prevent that in category A games but I'm happy for the club to take the cash of any away supporter daft enough to sit amongst us!!

Keith_M
20-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Just looked at the dots and to be honest its pretty disappointing. The early kick off and live TV usually affect the crowd anyway, but even so considering how we are playing and our new found ability to stuff the Zombies its still looking lower than I would have expected.

It looks more and more like the £28 price is part of why we aint shifting as many as we should be. Keeping Premier pricing was fine by me for all league games, but keeping £28 for Cat A was a step too far IMO and it looks like quite a few agree unfortunately.

:agree:

£28 and the game on TV is the perfect recipe for a low crowd

IanM
20-03-2015, 11:14 AM
I get paid today and won't again until after the semi final so to go to the 3 games I want it's costing over £100 (including travel) and not including the day out.

Rangers on Sunday, Hearts away (if i get a ticket) and the Semi final

That's a lot of money for 3 games of football.

I'm not moaning at the prices but you can tell if people only choose one game to go to in the next 4 weeks it'll be the semi final.

I'd rather say hats off to those who are making Sunday and look forward to seeing everyone else on the 18th!

:flag:

scoopyboy
20-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Tad steep? It's massively overpriced.

Saying that, if i didnt have a 3pm KO on Sunday I'd have been going

Crap excuse JI, you could leave Easter Road at half time:greengrin

scoopyboy
20-03-2015, 11:17 AM
I get paid today and won't again until after the semi final so to go to the 3 games I want it's costing over £100 (including travel) and not including the day out.

I'm not moaning at the prices but you can tell if people only choose one game to go to in the next 4 weeks it'll be the semi final.

I'd rather say hats off to those who are making Sunday and look forward to seeing everyone else on the 18th!

I wouldn't bother going to Hearts away, its at Easter Road.

Josh 01
20-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Hibeernian managed to change our kick off to 3pm at duddingston to allow us to get to the game, then leave 10 mins early once we're hopefully 3-0 up!

IanM
20-03-2015, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't bother going to Hearts away, its at Easter Road.

Haha.. I'm a tool.. :doh:

Aldo
20-03-2015, 11:28 AM
You were standing with us and your behaviour was appalling :cb

REALLY JUST REALLY !!

I'd like to distance myself from this comment if I may?? ;-)

Aldo
20-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Some of the yellow sections are very close to turning red so the picture isn't all that clear from the seating plan. I've noticed that the tickets are moving nearer to the day of the game since print at home was introduced. I think it will be a decent crowd but not as much as I would have liked. I'm also disappointed with the crowds since the team's performances have picked up.

This. When I got my ticket last nite 2 of the yellow sections in the WL had very few seats remaining.

Brightside
20-03-2015, 11:37 AM
If you are not going...fine dont go. But please stop going on about the ticket prices. You've known about them ALL SEASON!!!

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Crap excuse JI, you could leave Easter Road at half time:greengrin

Can I pay £14 too :wink:

Borderhibbie76
20-03-2015, 12:10 PM
If you are not going...fine dont go. But please stop going on about the ticket prices. You've known about them ALL SEASON!!!

I know its ridiculous and tiresome...its the ONLY excuse some people have left for not attending...

Hermit Crab
20-03-2015, 12:10 PM

You're in luck because we are at home to hearts on the 12th of April. Tickets are on sale now.

scoopyboy
20-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Can I pay £14 too :wink:

Phone up Ms Dempster and ask, it seems reasonable to me:greengrin

Make sure you don't get Rodders or you will pay £56 on the condition you leave at half time.

marti1875
20-03-2015, 12:46 PM
I know its ridiculous and tiresome...its the ONLY excuse some people have left for not attending...

yes, completely agree on this. Even when we are in the Prem and a Cat A game comes along we get the same old excuses moaning about the price.
The same price that we all knew about well in advance at the beginning of the season yet every time a Cat A game comes along it does my head in to just keep reading the same old "but the price is too high" excuses!

We KNOW the price is too high but we also have known since the start of the season so moaning now is just futile. Either go or don't go and be done with it.....ok mini rant over, better take my meds now, :greengrin

Islington Hibs
20-03-2015, 12:58 PM
It is a real shame the team has not been better supported this year, but in truth the gates are not as bad as all that. Easily 5th best in Scotland despite everything. I remember when we were down in 1979 our average attendance for the entire season was less than 5000. So progress perhaps?

I think the reality is that Hearts are at their highest in my lifetime (cheating pays) and their success has impacted us negatively. The last 2 seasons - cup final, Malmo, Butcher have taken their toll but on top of that people have been let down so many times with Hibs over very many years, that it will take time to build again. It is a shame for Stubbs and Dempster but no reflection on them. Just hope they say with us.

However if we continue to play as we have been doing, with genuine skill, develop local talent and continue to engage with the community they will slowly build back. It is not so long ago we are getting 14k pretty regularly

NAE NOOKIE
20-03-2015, 03:30 PM
yes, completely agree on this. Even when we are in the Prem and a Cat A game comes along we get the same old excuses moaning about the price.
The same price that we all knew about well in advance at the beginning of the season yet every time a Cat A game comes along it does my head in to just keep reading the same old "but the price is too high" excuses!

We KNOW the price is too high but we also have known since the start of the season so moaning now is just futile. Either go or don't go and be done with it.....ok mini rant over, better take my meds now, :greengrin

I am well aware that Hibs.Net had agreed to keep rants at Premiership levels for this season. But this rant is way too big for the league we are in now. If we were challenging for Europe then folk would be prepared to read rants like this, but not for the Championship, even if it is a Cat A game rant.

Even for their Cat A game rants I know for a fact that Rangers Media and Jambo Kickback are keeping their rants at Championship levels of one or two sentences.

:greengrin

Keith_M
20-03-2015, 03:40 PM

I honestly don't think anyone has mentioned the price on here as an excuse for their not attending.

A lot of people have commented (myself included) that the combination of a high price and the fact that the game is also live on TV will have an adverse affect on the attendance.

By the way the sales are going, it looks like that is the case.

liamh2202
20-03-2015, 04:13 PM
I'm not going because of price. Pure and simple. If that is someone's genuine reason then why is it not a valid one? 42 quid for me and the laddie. 30 quid petrol
And money on top for scran. Throw in I start paying next year's season ticket next week and I will be going to the derby and hampden. Congratulations to all the guys that can go every week but I can't and If overpricing is the reason I cant then that's the reason I will state.

TrinityHibs
20-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Concerns over attendances got me thinking about what it was like in the good old days.

May 2006 against the original Rangers. Sitting 4th in the premier league, fantastic team and Tony Mowbray was going at it big style. Attendance 14,933
April 2007 same old corrupt outfit. Sitting 6th in the premier league, CIS cup winners. Attendance 16,747
May 2008 Attendance 16,872
May 2009 Attendance 13,765
April 2010 Attendance 10,573
January 2011 Attendance 11,696
December 2011 Attendance 11,380

After that the games seemed to stop for some reason.

Until December 2014 Attendance 15,621

No idea what the crowd will be on Sunday but if its anything like the December game then that's a fantastic turn out when you account for Sunday, TV, cost, division, RP etc

Wouldn't miss it

DH1875
20-03-2015, 05:09 PM
£28 is way to much for this game. That said, Ive paid it and I going even if it does look like Im gonna be on my own and traveling through on the train with the sevco fans :grr:

emerald green
20-03-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't think the £28 price of a ticket is the only reason for a potentially disappointing attendance (leaving aside that's just the cost of a ticket and a supporter may have travel costs, food/drink/kids to pay for on top).

I think the club is paying a very heavy price for the way the club was relegated last season and some fans will not be back, full stop.

The game being shown on TV doesn't help attendance at football matches either.

Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic and sales will pick up hugely in the next day or so. I hope so, because the players and the management team deserve a lot of credit for turning things around at HFC in such a short period of time.

marinello59
20-03-2015, 06:06 PM
£28 is way to much for this game. That said, Ive paid it and I going even if it does look like Im gonna be on my own and traveling through on the train with the sevco fans :grr:

If we win £28 will seem like a bargain.

Malthibby
20-03-2015, 06:20 PM
4 more bought to chum me on Sunday (3 kids & an adult so didn't have to see my bank manager but still ouch).
GG

Hannah_hfc
20-03-2015, 08:27 PM
I'd say from looking online and assuming there will be a few walk ups that we'll have about 16k.

Should be selling out but 16k would still be decent!

Ronniekirk
20-03-2015, 09:41 PM
I'd say from looking online and assuming there will be a few walk ups that we'll have about 16k.

Should be selling out but 16k would still be decent!
If you can travel from Aberdeen and I can travel from Paisley to the game which we are I am still disappointed the team will run out in such an important game with tv pictures showing lots of empty seats playing good football scoring goals and on a long unbeaten run with a chance of beating the Rangers for the 4th time in a row this season .if thousands haven't been coming to watch us for a variety of reasons surely they could Set those aside for one game and see for themselves the progress we have made But I do understand those that genuinely can't afford the money but would otherwise want to be there

Sir David Gray
20-03-2015, 09:54 PM

Trust me, if it's anything like the game against them in December, it will be worth it.

You couldn't have put a price on being at Easter Road that day, it was magic!

Iceman1875
20-03-2015, 10:31 PM
The cost of 2 adults and 1 child at £70 plus food is too much for my family. We will be watching on sky at home cheering the hibs on with a wee cheeky bet [emoji106]

At Easter Road we play...

marti1875
21-03-2015, 06:38 AM
I am well aware that Hibs.Net had agreed to keep rants at Premiership levels for this season. But this rant is way too big for the league we are in now. If we were challenging for Europe then folk would be prepared to read rants like this, but not for the Championship, even if it is a Cat A game rant.

Even for their Cat A game rants I know for a fact that Rangers Media and Jambo Kickback are keeping their rants at Championship levels of one or two sentences.

:greengrin

Ha ha, that made me laugh as it's too early and i think my meds are too strong. :greengrin Anyway, i said i KNOW the prices are too high.....but we all knew this ages ago so it's futile and pointless moaning now as it's the same every single Cat A game this season, every single time it just gets right on my t***

(i kepy my rant to a cheeky wee one just for you :na na::greengrin)

Gmack7
21-03-2015, 06:49 AM
It's costing me £56 to take my 2 boys tomorrow which is a hefty wedge, it also cost £56 in December which incidently was worth every penny, cmon peeps you know you want to, stay in tonight and go out tomorrow 🍺🍺👍

scoopyboy
21-03-2015, 07:00 AM
It's costing me £56 to take my 2 boys tomorrow which is a hefty wedge, it also cost £56 in December which incidently was worth every penny, cmon peeps you know you want to, stay in tonight and go out tomorrow 

Going a bit off topic here but I wish Hibs could do something to help families financially.

On a different scale on the East Lothian Hibs bus we only charge for the first child when a family attend and it does help people. For example a man with 2 kids going to Easter Road pays £7.50 (normal prices £5 and £2.50) which saves him £2.50.

Similarly at away games he would pay £15 instead of £20.

I think Hibs could do that with season tickets and possibly for single matches if family on data base.

It would take your £56 down to £42 but would help you a bit

Stuarty27
21-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Another two purchased for Brother and Nephew in the east...

This team really does deserve the support of the fans in terms of more numbers. Some of the football we are playing is a joy to watch.

Watching Scotty Allan, Dylan and Fyvie interchanging in midfield is Premiership quality.

Fancy us to take at least 3 of them.

Gmack7
21-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Going a bit off topic here but I wish Hibs could do something to help families financially.

On a different scale on the East Lothian Hibs bus we only charge for the first child when a family attend and it does help people. For example a man with 2 kids going to Easter Road pays £7.50 (normal prices £5 and £2.50) which saves him £2.50.

I think Hibs could do that with season tickets and possibly for single matches if family on data base.

Gets my vote,great idea

Blaster
21-03-2015, 07:26 AM
It's costing me £56 to take my 2 boys tomorrow which is a hefty wedge, it also cost £56 in December which incidently was worth every penny, cmon peeps you know you want to, stay in tonight and go out tomorrow 🍺🍺👍

Assuming your boys are u16 you would have been better buying 2 half season tickets in the famous five. That would have got all remaining games including the yams

liamh2202
21-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Assuming your boys are u16 you would have been better buying 2 half season tickets in the famous five. That would have got all remaining games including the yams

That's a decent shout blaster... Never thought to look into doing it that way

Blaster
21-03-2015, 07:33 AM
That's a decent shout blaster... Never thought to look into doing it that way

Always looking for a bargain 😉

matty_f
21-03-2015, 07:55 AM

That's a brilliant idea Scoops.

Springbank
21-03-2015, 08:01 AM
The cost of 2 adults and 1 child at £70 plus food is too much for my family. We will be watching on sky at home cheering the hibs on with a wee cheeky bet [emoji106]

At Easter Road we play...

But at Easter Road you don't provide support

Very oddball behaviour

Frazerbob
21-03-2015, 08:17 AM
I get that tickets are expensive and I know taking kids to the football is dear....I just forked out £55 for me and my 8 year old to go to see Scotland v Gibraltar.....now that's a joke!

However, I don't get why people add in the cost of food when complaining about the price. You have to eat whether you're at the game or not. Do not buy the over priced garbage at the ground. Have breakfast before your leave the house and lunch when you get home (or lunch before leaving for a 3pm game) or buy a couple of sausage rolls from Greggs for £1.50 or take a wee packed lunch for brats.

21-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Don't know if it's already been covered in this thread, but as a ST holder I really wouldn't mind if Hibs done some sort of discount for certain games to get bodies through the door.

I'm aware of the very valid argument that it shouldn't be done as it takes away from the value of getting a ST, but I think I'd rather see more people there, no matter what they've paid - within reason!

Gmack7
21-03-2015, 09:00 AM

Funnily enough that's exactly what I did last season,this season they weren't so keen(scarred from last season's debacle) with hindsight I should have forced them go and at least I'd be guaranteed a ticket for for the cup final
Yes I am confident

Blaster
21-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Funnily enough that's exactly what I did last season,this season they weren't so keen(scarred from last season's debacle) with hindsight I should have forced them go and at least I'd be guaranteed a ticket for for the cup final
Yes I am confident

Didn't have to go lol. Would have worked out cheaper even if just went on Sunday and the derby

hibsbollah
21-03-2015, 09:53 AM
£28 for this fixture is just indefensible. As a treat we took Little Miss Bollah to the ballet at the usher hall, and an adult ticket for that was cheaper than for a second teir lunchtime football fixture that is on TV. I might become upper middle class and start attending the opera and the ballet instead, purely for financial reasons.

O'Rourke3
21-03-2015, 10:03 AM
£28 for this fixture is just indefensible. As a treat we took Little Miss Bollah to the ballet at the usher hall, and an adult ticket for that was cheaper than for a second teir lunchtime football fixture that is on TV. I might become upper middle class and start attending the opera and the ballet instead, purely for financial reasons.

Maybe only 3 or 4 ballet fixtures a year at home though so a lot of away fixtures to consider.....

hibs0666
21-03-2015, 10:19 AM

Sounds more like a punishment. How heavily subsidised was your ticket do you reckon? How public much money had been spent on the venue over the years?

lord bunberry
21-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Sounds more like a punishment. How heavily subsidised was your ticket do you reckon?
That's not punishment, I take my daughter to Easter Road, that's punishment :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2015, 10:47 AM
I get that tickets are expensive and I know taking kids to the football is dear....I just forked out £55 for me and my 8 year old to go to see Scotland v Gibraltar.....now that's a joke!

However, I don't get why people add in the cost of food when complaining about the price. You have to eat whether you're at the game or not. Do not buy the over priced garbage at the ground. Have breakfast before your leave the house and lunch when you get home (or lunch before leaving for a 3pm game) or buy a couple of sausage rolls from Greggs for £1.50 or take a wee packed lunch for brats.

The £28 ticket is a disgrace (although I have bought one).

You're right about the food, I think it's embarassing that people whinge about how much it costs to buy it in the ground, they usually factor in the proce of a couple of pints and buying a programme as well.

What's wrong with taking a picnic?

Borderhibbie76
21-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Don't know if it's already been covered in this thread, but as a ST holder I really wouldn't mind if Hibs done some sort of discount for certain games to get bodies through the door.

I'm aware of the very valid argument that it shouldn't be done as it takes away from the value of getting a ST, but I think I'd rather see more people there, no matter what they've paid - within reason!

Totally disagree...ST holders are the lifeblood of the club and should NOT be shafted in any way

RoYO!
21-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Seen a bit of a shift in sales this am.

Single seats left in these sections:

S41- 6 seats left

S42- 7 seats at back and some more in front rows

S43- 8 seats left

S4- west lower- 3 seats

S6- west lower- 4 seats

S12- west upper 10 seats

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Totally disagree...ST holders are the lifeblood of the club and should NOT be shafted in any way

Yeah but you're not going to make extra money on walk ups if they are expected to subsidise STs through extortionate prices.

Besides a lot of people don't get a season ticket because the game times and days are variable, and they work shifts.

Phil MaGlass
21-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Got 5 mates in Edinburgh this weekend, they were going to take the match in until they found out the price.
says enough to me about pricing, still think we will have a good turnout thoughg

flash
21-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Got 5 mates in Edinburgh this weekend, they were going to take the match in until they found out the price.
says enough to me about pricing, still think we will have a good turnout thoughg

I think you made that up.

Phil MaGlass
21-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Nope, all across for the rugby, all Dutch as it happens

Frazerbob
21-03-2015, 12:36 PM

They canny moan....have you seen the price of a pint in Amsterdam!!!

iwasthere1972
21-03-2015, 01:11 PM
The £28 ticket is a disgrace (although I have bought one).

You're right about the food, I think it's embarassing that people whinge about how much it costs to buy it in the ground, they usually factor in the proce of a couple of pints and buying a programme as well.

What's wrong with taking a picnic?

I think if they took a picnic it would hamper their chances of gaining entry to the stadium.

Yogi Bear.

CentreLine
21-03-2015, 01:26 PM
They canny moan....have you seen the price of a pint in Amsterdam!!!

Have you seen the price of a ticket for the rugby? No wonder they can't afford a very reasonable £28 to see the famous Edinburgh Hibees :flag:

Hibby Bairn
21-03-2015, 03:00 PM
I think if they took a picnic it would hamper their chances of gaining entry to the stadium.

Yogi Bear.

Went to Bernabeu 2 yrs ago to see Real. Spanish family sitting beside us with a picnic hamper. The full shebang. And shared their homemade foil wrapped goodies with us and others. Brilliant.

JimBHibees
21-03-2015, 03:19 PM

How much were their rugby tickets? Probably about 50 pounds.

hibs0666
21-03-2015, 03:21 PM

Are they going to the boozer instead?