PDA

View Full Version : £28 a ticket!!!

Iain G
17-03-2015, 02:47 PM
I think its a scandal that I have just been charged £28 a ticket for a game against a lower league team that is playing at its highest ever level this season, yeah they have done incredibly well to draw their last three games but surely games against these new clubs should be £15 max and kids go free?!

lyonhibs
17-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Oooh a 12 pager coming up.

I assume you are jovially making reference to Rangers, who - sorry - by any definition used in real-life by actual football fans, as opposed to lawyers in a courtroom, are the same decrepit club as they ever were, just now they are really ****.

I hope we hump them, get out of this crumby division via the playoffs and get back to remotely where we should be in Scottish football playing decent football with a properly engaged board running the club with a bit of spirit and heart instead of pure slavish devotion to the P+L Accounts

Watch the squabbles (jovial or not) about ticket prices simmer down a bit if that scenario comes to pass.

Iain G
17-03-2015, 02:57 PM
Oooh a 12 pager coming up.

I assume you are jovially making reference to Rangers, who - sorry - by any definition used in real-life by actual football fans, as opposed to lawyers in a courtroom, are the same decrepit club as they ever were, just now they are really ****.

I hope we hump them, get out of this crumby division via the playoffs and get back to remotely where we should be in Scottish football playing decent football with a properly engaged board running the club with a bit of spirit and heart instead of pure slavish devotion to the P+L Accounts

Watch the squabbles (jovial or not) about ticket prices simmer down a bit if that scenario comes to pass.

Was happy to pay £22 to see Livi, a team with a long history but feel that, using that a yardstick,£28 for this Newco lot is a lil steep!

Albanian Hibs
17-03-2015, 03:00 PM
How is ticket sales going?

Kojock
17-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Think of the loyalty points :aok:

Hermit Crab
17-03-2015, 03:45 PM
I think its a scandal that I have just been charged £28 a ticket for a game against a lower league team that is playing at its highest ever level this season, yeah they have done incredibly well to draw their last three games but surely games against these new clubs should be £15 max and kids go free?!

Let's be honest, nobody forced you to pay it. Prices have to be this high to maintain value for money for season tickets. This was all explained at the beginning of the season.

DarrenSQH
17-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Not as bad as the £45 the SFA tried to charge me to go to the Gibraltar game next week. I mean their international football history is shorter than The rangers 3 years.

Its a joke to try to charge that to people who are already paying members of the tartan army. Im going to the pub instead.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Not as bad as the £45 the SFA tried to charge me to go to the Gibraltar game next week. I mean their international football history is shorter than The rangers 3 years.

Its a joke to try to charge that to people who are already paying members of the tartan army. Im going to the pub instead.

Now that is a disgrace!! I know at least 3 TA regulars who are not going because of the price. They're going to spend the £40-£45 ticket money in the pub and watch the game instead.

DH1875
17-03-2015, 04:35 PM
How is ticket sales going?

Pretty well I think. I couldnt get my usual seat and that was last week I got my ticket.

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2015, 04:41 PM
I support Hibs in keeping premiership prices this season ... but in saying that keeping the price at £28 for Cat A matches is a bit too much for a Championship game, no matter who its against. Lets hope folk soak it up and still go though, this is a big game for us.

As for the SFA charging 40 odd quid for Gibraltar :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
17-03-2015, 04:50 PM
I think £28 is a bit steep, given that this new club don't bring the same historic character to the game, such as colourful characters and witty songs from their supporters. By all accounts this SEVCO bunch are nothing but a pale shadow of the team that Scottish football could not live without.

Sergey
17-03-2015, 04:51 PM

I see your point, as I too was spitting feathers at having to shell-out £42 for myself and my lad for the Sevco match at Xmas.

Upon leaving the ground, I reckoned it was the best £42 I've spent since I arrived back from Thailand.

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Let's be honest, nobody forced you to pay it. Prices have to be this high to maintain value for money for season tickets. This was all explained at the beginning of the season.

Whoosh? :greengrin

Iain G
17-03-2015, 05:00 PM

Aye but I need to buy 3 pies and a large coke and a bovril and leave early in case I cant get home by Monday morning!

Like I said happy to pay more to see the big teams with a bit of genuine colour ane history about them like Livi.

overdrive
17-03-2015, 05:35 PM
I hope Hibs manage to put up the correct name of our opponents on the scoreboard this time. The last time we played this team at ER, we mistakenly put up the wrong name. :wink:

Iain G
17-03-2015, 06:11 PM
I hope Hibs manage to put up the correct name of our opponents on the scoreboard this time. The last time we played this team at ER, we mistakenly put up the wrong name. :wink:

How hard is it to spell The Rangers or Sevco? I suppose they are a new team and have had so little press coverage its an easy mistake to make?!

Bronson
17-03-2015, 07:26 PM

This.

Sick of hearing the same moans every time we play Hearts/The Rangers. We know the ticket prices are too high, it's being worked on. However as above, if ticket prices were dropped STs would not be worth what we paid for them.

FWIW, I can't think of a better way to spend £28 than watching us horse that lot AGAIN.

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2015, 07:30 PM
This.

Sick of hearing the same moans every time we play Hearts/The Rangers. We know the ticket prices are too high, it's being worked on. However as above, if ticket prices were dropped STs would not be worth what we paid for them.

FWIW, I can't think of a better way to spend £28 than watching us horse that lot AGAIN.
Another whoosh? :)

Iain G
17-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Another whoosh? :)

Was that the sounds of wee Lewis powering past another fullback? Think the whoooooshes would be more appreciated at a cheaper price point for the walk up fan though, especially against this lower league opposition?

And the game is on a Sunday lunchtime, means I need to get my lunch at Easter Road, meaning more money out my pocket, as there is hardly enough time to finish my second pint in the Percy and get to Greggs before getting to the ground at 12.45!

Phil D. Rolls
17-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Was that the sounds of wee Lewis powering past another fullback? Think the whoooooshes would be more appreciated at a cheaper price point for the walk up fan though, especially against this lower league opposition?

And the game is on a Sunday lunchtime, means I need to get my lunch at Easter Road, meaning more money out my pocket, as there is hardly enough time to finish my second pint in the Percy and get to Greggs before getting to the ground at 12.45!

It might be lower league, but it's still Category A. You've got to balance the need to be competitive on price, with the need to reward those committed enough to invest in our club up front.

I'd have thought the real answer would be charge less for season tickets, but keep the same price differential against walk ups. That way everybody wins.

The current arrangement is nothing but a Ponzi scheme, with the walk ups making up the discount that the ST holders get. (is this right?)

Iain G
17-03-2015, 08:52 PM
It might be lower league, but it's still Category A. You've got to balance the need to be competitive on price, with the need to reward those committed enough to invest in our club up front.

I'd have thought the real answer would be charge less for season tickets, but keep the same price differential against walk ups. That way everybody wins.

The current arrangement is nothing but a Ponzi scheme, with the walk ups making up the discount that the ST holders get. (is this right?)

So its us walk ups that are keeping the price of their season tickets down? Neither wonder its 28 quid for this game, bet its only Cat A pricing for us walk ups!! You can always spot the season ticket holders, lording it over us with their cheesey pizza and piping hot bovril while us walk ups are getting by on bags of out of date Sports Mix from the nearest corner shop...

Aldo
17-03-2015, 08:58 PM
I've not got an issue I just cannae pick a seat as it's not letting me.

Looks like a phone call or a visit to the TO on Sunday before my pint!!

Iain G
17-03-2015, 09:04 PM
I've not got an issue I just cannae pick a seat as it's not letting me.

Looks like a phone call or a visit to the TO on Sunday before my pint!!

If this was the Cat B or Cat Z game it should be then you wouldn't have to worry about losing valuable drinking time!!

Aldo
17-03-2015, 09:10 PM
If this was the Cat B or Cat Z game it should be then you wouldn't have to worry about losing valuable drinking time!!

Indeed. With the boozers no selling until 11. Early train down to TO then back for pintage!!

Hermit Crab
17-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Indeed. With the boozers no selling until 11. Early train down to TO then back for pintage!!

Earliest train isn't very early on a Sunday ;-)

Aldo
17-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Earliest train isn't very early on a Sunday ;-)

9.15 from Markinch gets in at 10.20. That'll do fine!! ;-)

Iain G
17-03-2015, 10:01 PM

Phone up, book your ticket, go to pub, have a pint and some pork scratchings and then pick up your ticket from the ticket office later...

Where are the Sevco fans going to drink, do they know the pubs, its only their second visit to Easter Road remember!

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 01:41 AM
9.15 from Markinch gets in at 10.20. That'll do fine!! ;-)

Yes that's the one mate. Might be on it myself as there's not many that get there for kick off.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 01:43 AM
Whoosh? :greengrin

No. If this thread is a wind up then that's trolling and against the forum rules :rules::slipper:

ANDY McGEECHAN
18-03-2015, 06:26 AM
Going to miss the game on Sunday for a (fitba) weekend in London. Bad planning I know. Off to West Ham v Sunderland, Not the most glamorous match in England this week and 5.30pm KO. Cheap ticket behind the goals = £53.00 plus £2.50 booking fee. :confused:

Aldo
18-03-2015, 07:23 AM
Yes that's the one mate. Might be on it myself as there's not many that get there for kick off.

Indeed but thinking of driving now. My brother has mentioned he might want to come along if he can sort out something at work!!

WeeRussell
18-03-2015, 01:34 PM
£25 on a Hibs win and the game is free :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2015, 02:24 PM
So its us walk ups that are keeping the price of their season tickets down? Neither wonder its 28 quid for this game, bet its only Cat A pricing for us walk ups!! You can always spot the season ticket holders, lording it over us with their cheesey pizza and piping hot bovril while us walk ups are getting by on bags of out of date Sports Mix from the nearest corner shop...

That's simply not true, there was some disgusting 'walk ups' in front of me in the pie queue on Wednesday night, I could tell because of their slouched bearing and the way they wouldn't look me in the eye. As soon as they realised I was a season ticket holder they moved out of the way before I needed to call for a steward. But still, its high time Hibernian introduced exclusive catering kiosks for season ticket holders. Its embarrassing for everybody when situations arise like the one I had to face on Wednesday .... I'm sure that's something we can all agree on :furious:

Iain G
18-03-2015, 02:31 PM
That's simply not true, there was some disgusting 'walk ups' in front of me in the pie queue on Wednesday night, I could tell because of their slouched bearing and the way they wouldn't look me in the eye. As soon as they realised I was a season ticket holder they moved out of the way before I needed to call for a steward. But still, its high time Hibernian introduced exclusive catering kiosks for season ticket holders. Its embarrassing for everybody when situations arise like the one I had to face on Wednesday .... I'm sure that's something we can all agree on :furious:

You mean they havent given you the secret password to get into the shiny season ticket holders only branch of Greggs thats at the heart of the West Stand? :greengrin