PDA

View Full Version : 8 years ago

Niffy
17-03-2015, 10:08 AM
OUR 5-1 cup final.

Our band had played the Saturday night at The Barras with SLF, drove back in the snow on Sunday morning to watch the game on the telly knackered.

Gatecrasher
17-03-2015, 10:57 AM
Seems like so long ago, the weather was wild, I can still picture the exact moment Jones scored the opener. What a day.

rosco-hibee
17-03-2015, 10:58 AM
I was going out with a lass who was a Killie fan, she was at the game, I was working at Sky in the call center watching the game on my computer.

She came back from the game greetin', and the best i could do to console her was the smuggest face I could muster. So good.

:flag:

patlowe
17-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Rushed straight from a stag do the night before in Newcastle. Had a stinking hangover but felt better when the goals started raining in. Will never forget the feeling of joy (and relief!) when Benji put in the 4th and you knew the cup was ours.

El Gubbz
17-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Was it no the 18th March?

EdinMike
17-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Not to derail this thread... it was tomorrow, the 18th :wink: Happy St Patrick's Day !!

Sir David Gray
17-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Was it no the 18th March?

Yep.

Niffy
17-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Aye , meant to say the 18th , 17th was the Saturday.

Technically speaking , I didn't say 8 years ago today :)

gogs_t
17-03-2015, 11:59 AM
OUR 5-1 cup final.

Our band had played the Saturday night at The Barras with SLF, drove back in the snow on Sunday morning to watch the game on the telly knackered.

It was the 18th.

SLF always play the Barrowlands on St Patricks Day as they are for the 24th time tonight. And looking forward to it as always :rockin:

RCNG
17-03-2015, 12:00 PM
http://youtu.be/71Wdz2FBOcQ.

Link sent from mobile - don't know how it will snow on a desktop.

Such a great wee video this.

Jamesie
17-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Was over in Paris on the Saturday for France v Scotland in the 6 Nations, meeting up with a French bird who I'd seen for a wee while in Edinburgh in late 2006, before flying back to Prestwick late on the Saturday night despite the burd trying to persuade me to buy another flight to Glasgow for the Sunday morning which would have got me in about an hour before kick off. I know my priorities!

hibee-boys
17-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Can't believe that's been 8 years, great day although very clouded memories of the game itself, due to the alcohol intake on the day and nothing to do with age!;) A lot of water has passed under my bridge since our last cup win.....marriage, divorce and 2 new additions to the hibs family!:)

hibee92
17-03-2015, 02:01 PM
14 years old sneaking about the Buddha bar trying to hide the pint my brother bought me.

Hopefully someone remembers the Killie fan walking past the Buddha giving it all the songs and shouts in the world before turning round and walking into the lamppost? Celebrated it like a goal :greengrin

Great day it was, looking forward to the next one :gwa:

Frazerbob
17-03-2015, 02:07 PM
A 5-1 cup victory achieved without cheating.

Deansy
17-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Great day - got blootered twice in it !. Drinking Vodka, Red-Bull and champagne cocktails in the pub at 7am might've had something to do with it !!

Oh, and not forgetting the 'strange-tasting' sweetie's someone had just brought back from Amsterdam ...........

Onceinawhile
17-03-2015, 07:42 PM
On viewing 8 years later the killie video of

Killie's Fine Day: http://youtu.be/YrTqAcH_010

Seems slightly embarrassing...

Remember being in a rugby club before hand certain that we would win, I had full faith in Benji. Took a half bottle in a rucksack on the bus and finished it all on the way back to Linlithgow. Then straight out to Edinburgh afterwards.

Was supposed to be working at homebase hermiston gait, but the (now) wife took the bullet despite also being a season ticket holder.

Bay Area Hibees
17-03-2015, 11:44 PM
Came back home from San franciso.
With dodgy knee pre operation.
Magic day
Hibees on plane to NYC still smiling and talking about the weekend.
Best memory as a hibee

Niffy
18-03-2015, 06:31 AM
It was the 18th.

SLF always play the Barrowlands on St Patricks Day as they are for the 24th time tonight. And looking forward to it as always :rockin:

Played it twice (or maybe 3) with them , and a few in Edinburgh too.

brog
18-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Came back home from San franciso.
With dodgy knee pre operation.
Magic day
Hibees on plane to NYC still smiling and talking about the weekend.
Best memory as a hibee

When we won the LC in 1991 I flew to London ( where I live ) on the Monday red eye & caught the 11.00 flight to San Francisco. There were 4 Hibbies right behind me, in business & we found another 3 or 4 in economy who we invited to the bar! Never have I been so wrecked on arrival at SFO - magic!