PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty Points

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Just noticed i never received any loyalty points for last weekends Cowdenbeath match...is this correct?? Just wondered if everyone else was the same who attended on Sat??
Cheers

Hibbyradge
16-03-2015, 01:40 PM
I received 5 points.

thebakerboy
16-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Not got points yet for buying ST for next year!!!

Andy74
16-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Not got points yet for buying ST for next year!!!

You will next year.

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Just rang ticket office and because my Mum bought the Cowden tickets...both have gone on her account and they won't change it so beware folks if you are buying tickets in a group.
No ive renewed ST for next year also but no points as yet mate

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2015, 01:56 PM
I have just been told, by the TO, that the points are awarded per game, rather than by tickets bought.

Does that mean that, were I to buy 6 tickets for a game together, I would get one set of points? Alternatively, were I to buy the 6 tickets separately, I would get 6 sets of points?

I think because the tickets were bought under my Mum's name she gets the 5pts and i get hee-haw. In thebgrand scheme of things not a massive issue if ur a ST holder but for non STs i can see this being a huge issue in the long run

Baldy Foghorn
16-03-2015, 01:57 PM
I have just been told, by the TO, that the points are awarded per game, rather than by tickets bought.

Does that mean that, were I to buy 6 tickets for a game together, I would get one set of points? Alternatively, were I to buy the 6 tickets separately, I would get 6 sets of points?

If you buy 2 for a game, you should have two references to apply the points to. If you don't do this only the buyer will get the points. The buyer would only get 5 points, not 10 for buying two.

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2015, 02:05 PM
If you buy 2 for a game, you should have two references to apply the points to. If you don't do this only the buyer will get the points. The buyer would only get 5 points, not 10 for buying two.

Yep, I just had the same story from the TO.

Screwed up the points for the Berwick game, when I didn't assign my son's to him. Thought I'd redress the balance for the Gers game by giving them all to him. Which, as I've just found out, doesn't work. :greengrin

So, rather than us each having 10 points, we only have 5. :rolleyes:

MB62
16-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Yep, I just had the same story from the TO.

Screwed up the points for the Berwick game, when I didn't assign my son's to him. Thought I'd redress the balance for the Gers game by giving them all to him. Which, as I've just found out, doesn't work. :greengrin

So, rather than us each having 10 points, we only have 5. :rolleyes:

You would think on a 'teething problem' basis, they could be a wee bit more helpful. Don't really want to have a dash at the TO because they were very good with me recently on a couple of things, just think they could be a tad more understanding about this until people get used to it.

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2015, 02:19 PM
You would think on a 'teething problem' basis, they could be a wee bit more helpful. Don't really want to have a dash at the TO because they were very good with me recently on a couple of things, just think they could be a tad more understanding about this until people get used to it.

It's the logic I am struggling with.

If I buy 2 tickets, and pay for them both, I think I should get more points than if I bought only 1.

If I buy 2 tickets, and my mate or son gives me the money, then we each can get the points.

There's an unfairness in there, I think. Or have I missed something?

Baldy Foghorn
16-03-2015, 02:23 PM

If I buy 2 tickets, and pay for them both, I think I should get more points than if I bought only 1.

If I buy 2 tickets, and my mate or son gives me the money, then we each can get the points.

It's not unfair. You have to assign the reference number for each ticket purchased. Do you honestly think you should get 10 points for buying two tickets?

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2015, 02:28 PM
It's not unfair. You have to assign the reference number for each ticket purchased. Do you honestly think you should get 10 points for buying two tickets?

I realise that, which is where I made my initial mistake.

However, with most loyalty points schemes out there, you get more credit for spending more money. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

It's not a pop at the club, by the way, more of an observation on something that they might tweak.

Baldy Foghorn
16-03-2015, 02:33 PM
I realise that, which is where I made my initial mistake.

However, with most loyalty points schemes out there, you get more credit for spending more money. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

It's not a pop at the club, by the way, more of an observation on something that they might tweak.

This loyalty scheme is attendance based, not about how much money is spent. Why should we reward the more affluent?

Hibee87
16-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Hows this for unfair then,

I decided to go on sat morning with the missus and wee man. Went to TO about 12 only to be told they had no tickets left, but it was pay at the gate. Not a problem I thought, but I asked how do I get my points then? To wich I was basically told I didn't. I said what if I bring the stub into the TO would it get added and I was telt no.

Im not a season ticket holder, and cant get to as many games as I would like so every point counts should I require them!

Baldy Foghorn
16-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Hows this for unfair then,

I decided to go on sat morning with the missus and wee man. Went to TO about 12 only to be told they had no tickets left, but it was pay at the gate. Not a problem I thought, but I asked how do I get my points then? To wich I was basically told I didn't. I said what if I bring the stub into the TO would it get added and I was telt no.

Im not a season ticket holder, and cant get to as many games as I would like so every point counts should I require them!

Hibs have said that for matches that are ticketed, you have to buy them from the ticket office in advance to get the points. Any tickets bought at the host ground won't be awarded points. It was in the set up rules.

Hibee87
16-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Hibs have said that for matches that are ticketed, you have to buy them from the ticket office in advance to get the points. Any tickets bought at the host ground won't be awarded points. It was in the set up rules.

Was it? Maybe I should read things properly before having a moan then haha. cheers

Baldy Foghorn
16-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Was it? Maybe I should read things properly before having a moan then haha. cheers

:aok:

Siralbertkidd
16-03-2015, 02:48 PM
I received 5 points.

Well done you, must be an ultrafan bonus as away games are only 3 loyalty points!

Heedersnvolleys
16-03-2015, 04:00 PM
This does not seem that well thought out as surely this will cause extra work load at the TO instead of someone buying in bulk for a group you are going to have every single person going up on there own?

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2015, 04:02 PM
This does not seem that well thought out as surely this will cause extra work load at the TO instead of someone buying in bulk for a group you are going to have every single person going up on there own?

Not if the buyer assigns the points when they buy the tickets.

Andy74
16-03-2015, 04:03 PM

No you just allocate them to each owner. Seems straight forward to me.

lord bunberry
16-03-2015, 04:09 PM
You can still buy in bulk but you'll have to assign the tickets to each person. I Would imagine doing it online will be easier.

Jones28
16-03-2015, 05:25 PM

I don't think it's unfair tbh, the club still gets the money and supporters all get loyalty points for attending games! Seems fair enough to me.

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Well done you, must be an ultrafan bonus as away games are only 3 loyalty points!

Yup its deffo only 3pts for away games

Tynie01011973
16-03-2015, 06:16 PM
5 points for Cup Matches and 3 points for League games

bod
16-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Am I correct in thinking that you get 150 points for a season ticket ?
If I go with the payment plan do I get 150 points at the start of the season (even though I've not paid the full amount) or do the points get added on monthly as my direct debit comes off each month ?

Stantons Angel
16-03-2015, 07:34 PM

I dont think you have read the full explanation properly, in fairness i also dont think you will be the only one either.

The idea is that anyone buying group tickets must supply all client ref no's so the points are allocated to the correct ticket holder.

Otherwise as another poster has explained the buyer will get all of the points on to his account as purchaser.

If some one who books a group of tickets does not take the bother to collect the information the ticket office at a time of high sales games will not be able to look up everybodys numbers either.

The communication also advised that points can sometimes take a few days after the actual game to appear in your account.

This way we as supporters get used to having to give the correct information in order to benefit from the points system and assist the ticket office when the ticket purchases are high volume.

The point for a season ticket for next season i would imagine will appear next season and show in your accounts.

Billy Whizz
16-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Am I correct in thinking that you get 150 points for a season ticket ?
If I go with the payment plan do I get 150 points at the start of the season (even though I've not paid the full amount) or do the points get added on monthly as my direct debit comes off each month ?

No reason why you don't get them at the start of the season

bod
16-03-2015, 07:53 PM
No reason why you don't get them at the start of the season

If I've or anybody else not paid the full amount then why should I get the full allocated points compared to someone who has.
Say a game at the PBS is 3rd up surely the points system will kick in straight away.if you've paid the full £380 you should be entitled to 1st dibs at the tickets before someone who has only paid their 1st instalment.
I'd be cheesed off it it was the other way round & I missed out to someone who has only contributed a fraction what I've paid

Since90+2
16-03-2015, 07:57 PM
If I've or anybody else not paid the full amount then why should I get the full allocated points compared to someone who has.
Say a game at the PBS is 3rd up surely the points system will kick in straight away.if you've paid the full £380 you should be entitled to 1st dibs at the tickets before someone who has only paid their 1st instalment.
I'd be cheesed off it it was the other way round & I missed out to someone who has only contributed a fraction what I've paid

If someone has committed to buying a season ticket they should all be given the same points regardless of the method of payment.

Just because someone is financially better off and can afford it to pay it upfront doesn't mean they should be given additional kudos compared to someone who can't.

marinello59
16-03-2015, 07:58 PM

You are joking aren't you? Dearie me.

bod
16-03-2015, 07:59 PM
You are joking aren't you? Dearie me.

Nope

marinello59
16-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Nope

Wow.

Billy Whizz
16-03-2015, 08:01 PM

Surely Hibs get the £380 upfront from the finance company, and you pay them it back
You'll definitely get your 150 points

The bit I don't agree with, is it resorts to zero points at the end of the season

bod
16-03-2015, 08:03 PM
If someone has committed to buying a season ticket they should all be given the same points regardless of the method of payment.

Just because someone is financially better off and can afford it to pay it upfront doesn't mean they should be given additional kudos compared to someone who can't.

It's not about being financially better off its about giving the manager more money at the start of the season to build the playing squad , that's why I chose to get a season tkt last year rather than the payment plan

bod
16-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Wow.

Just being honest but thanks for your input

marinello59
16-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Surely Hibs get the £380 upfront from the finance company, and you pay them it back
You'll definitely get your 150 points

Correct. One of the benefits of a ST is 150 loyalty points. It would be bonkers to then say but you don't get them if you are using the payment plan even though you have made the same commitment as every other ST holder.
To be fair though it is a new and interesting addition to the list of whinges we have had on here about what is a positive scheme.

marinello59
16-03-2015, 08:07 PM
It's not about being financially better off its about giving the manager more money at the start of the season to build the playing squad , that's why I chose to get a season tkt last year rather than the payment plan

If you are paying by the payment plan the manager still gets the money upfront from the finance company.

Since90+2
16-03-2015, 08:07 PM

Hibs get the money upfront from the finance company. It makes no difference to the playing budget if you pay upfront.

FranckSuzy
16-03-2015, 08:08 PM
In the eyes of the club, there is no difference between those who can and those who cannot afford to pay upfront for their ticket....thankfully.

Argylehibby
16-03-2015, 08:14 PM
I've got 150 points for next seasons season ticket added now as well. I thought the points were being cleared out at the end of the season?

bod
16-03-2015, 08:15 PM
If you are paying by the payment plan the manager still gets the money upfront from the finance company.

Ahh ,see I never knew that having never used the payment plan before.
Many thanks for the constructive comments though

Andy74
16-03-2015, 08:18 PM

Nah. Too far.

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Did everyone else that's got 15k+ posts on here get their additional loyalty points?

Great idea by the club - I hope they do it again next year.

Aldo
16-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Did everyone else that's got 15k+ posts on here get their additional loyalty points? Great idea by the club - I hope they do it again next year.

No just no.... Over 12,679 then maybe yes!!! :-)

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Just got a thank you Email from club for renewing my ST...yet another nice touch from club...well done LD and team!! 😃

H18S NX
17-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Where can you view your loyalty points?

Billy Whizz
17-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Where can you view your loyalty points?

Log on to the Hibs ticket site, choose "my account"
Then you'll see below a section called "Manage my account" , with 4 options below it, one of which is Loyalty points

southsider
17-03-2015, 02:32 PM

We don't have 400,000 fans. Everyone who wants a semi-final ticket will get one.

DH1875
17-03-2015, 03:44 PM
We don't have 400,000 fans. Everyone who wants a semi-final ticket will get one.

Yeah but its the 2 finals that'll be the problem.

So if you buy a ST for next season you get 150 points for this season & 150 points for next? Seems like a good deal to me.
Can someone finally clear something up for me as still not getting it. If I buy 2 tickets do I get two sets of points if I dont allocate one of the tickets or is it just one set of points?

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Yeah but its the 2 finals that'll be the problem.

So if you buy a ST for next season you get 150 points for this season & 150 points for next? Seems like a good deal to me.
Can someone finally clear something up for me as still not getting it. If I buy 2 tickets do I get two sets of points if I dont allocate one of the tickets or is it just one set of points?

Definitely 1 set. The TO confirmed that to me yesterday.

MB62
18-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Are we only getting 5 points for buying tickets for the The rangers game? I would have thought that spending £28 for a game live on telly on an early Sunday afternoon would be worth a few more points.

Can anyone tell me what the 'Fan exchange' and 'Ticket forwarding' options are all about when you log in to 'My account'?