PDA

View Full Version : Our Strongest Team?

RC1875
16-03-2015, 10:12 AM
I think stubbs does know his strongest teams but as fans who have watched hibs all year, whos ure strongest team?mine OxleyGray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson Robertson McGeouch Fyvie Allan Malonga El Alligui

hibsfan7
16-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Yes I would go with that and a very strong bench as well

CallumLaidlaw
16-03-2015, 11:33 AM
I think stubbs does know his strongest teams but as fans who have watched hibs all year, whos ure strongest team?mine OxleyGray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson Robertson McGeouch Fyvie Allan Malonga El Alligui

I would kind of agree but don't know how Farid will be when he returns. I would maybe say Malonga and Cummings up front.

TheFamous1875
16-03-2015, 11:33 AM

This is probably the best XI on paper, and as much as we shouldn't have too much expectation of Farid once he returns (when's that, by the way?) I do think that he and Malonga will be the best two up top together - Malonga's skill, deft touch and vision would compliment El-Alagui's strength, hold up play and power greatly. They'd be missing pace, but I would imagine that 1 or 2 of the three on the bench would be coming on and finishing off teams in the final third of matches - Boyle, Cummings and Djedje are all incosistent in front of goal, but they have the magic and pace that bury a game from the bench. I think Farid offers something different entirely (he's a 'proper #9', so to speak) and I think that the other four would benefit the more from playing alongside him, rather than each other; the faults of those pairings have been particularly evident this week with the Cummings and Djedje duo.

jacomo
16-03-2015, 01:50 PM
I would kind of agree but don't know how Farid will be when he returns. I would maybe say Malonga and Cummings up front.

:agree:

For me Farid or Cummings will compete for a place, Franck or Dom as their partner up front, with Boyle a useful option from the bench.