PDA

View Full Version : 22,410 Previous attendance at Hampden 2013 Falkirk v Hibs

Green Diet
16-03-2015, 06:53 AM
22,410 was the total attendance at the 2012/13 Scottish Cup semifinal Hibs v Falkirk. Will we better that figure this time around or, because we are only Scottish Championship level and have played Falkirk 3 times already this season, have a smaller crowd?

We are also due to play Falkirk again on 2 May 2015, the final game of the season.

I think some fans will hold back and see if we make the final again before travelling across to Hampden and daring to believe again.

:flag::flag::flag:

CallumLaidlaw
16-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Think we took around 15,000 to that game. I would hope we could take that again. I couldn't care less personally if we'd played Falkirk 20 times this season. Its a cup semi at Hampden. Hopefully poeple will see it as another game to boost their loyalty points in the hope we get to the final :greengrin

Frazerbob
16-03-2015, 07:06 AM
Wonder if the "not going back until Petrie is gone" crew will stay strong, especially if we make the final.

Green Diet
16-03-2015, 07:21 AM
I've just google searched for other possible neutral football grounds where this fixture could be played in a near capacity stadium if we were to expect a similar attendance as last time. I was surprised to find that apart from Celtic Pk and Ibrox [which are as big if not bigger than Hampden], no other football ground would be large enough.

superfurryhibby
16-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Wonder if the "not going back until Petrie is gone" crew will stay strong, especially if we make the final.

I think you're posting on the wrong thread. See the one about glory hunting etc, done to death.

I reckon the crowd we take through will be similar to the previous semi against Falkirk. I (lapsed ST holder,)- will be there, as will probably around eight of my pals, none of whom go regularly anymore.

Anyway, are we not " all for goals and GLORY" or does that no longer count as a Hibs song:greengrin

woodythehibee
16-03-2015, 07:32 AM
All Scottish cup semi finals are played at Hampden, regardless of the size of the potential support.

I've just google searched for other possible neutral football grounds where this fixture could be played in a near capacity stadium if we were to expect a similar attendance as last time. I was surprised to find that apart from Celtic Pk and Ibrox [which are as big if not bigger than Hampden], no other football ground would be large enough.

Ronniekirk
16-03-2015, 07:40 AM
I think you're posting on the wrong thread. See the one about glory hunting etc, done to death.

I reckon the crowd we take through will be similar to the previous semi against Falkirk. I (lapsed ST holder,)- will be there, as will probably around eight of my pals, none of whom go regularly anymore.

Anyway, are we not " all for goals and GLORY" or does that no longer count as a Hibs song:greengrin

I would be Dissapointment if we didn't take a bigger support this time as overall it's a better team playing well and Falkirk have shown they will make a game of it so has makings of a good game and some of our creative midfield players will relish the open spaces and Boyles pace could be well utilise at some point in the game if Coaching staff can get him to play to his strength s and not let a rush of blood to the head get to him .

Hibbyradge
16-03-2015, 07:41 AM
I couldn't care less personally if we'd played Falkirk 20 times this season.

We might need to play them that many times before we beat them.

CallumLaidlaw
16-03-2015, 07:42 AM
We might need to play them that many times before we beat them.

Lol, that's a fair point

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2015, 08:06 AM
I would be Dissapointment if we didn't take a bigger support this time as overall it's a better team playing well and Falkirk have shown they will make a game of it so has makings of a good game and some of our creative midfield players will relish the open spaces and Boyles pace could be well utilise at some point in the game if Coaching staff can get him to play to his strength s and not let a rush of blood to the head get to him .

Is Boyle not cup tied?

Spike Mandela
16-03-2015, 08:08 AM

We have lost several thousand off the Hibs gate due to the last few seasons football especially last years abject effort. Some may indeed be principalled enough to be staying away until Petrie has gone. Not something that bothers me but it's their choice.(Indeed why is he still there? Surely he's had a long enough transitional period now to get Dempster up to speed)

Games like this semi final and hopeully a final is a chance to win a few back.

Instead of sarky swipes at those that stayed away we should be encouraging as many as possible to get along to the game.

lord bunberry
16-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Tynecastle will be fine when they get that new stand built.

Bostonhibby
16-03-2015, 08:18 AM

Not so sure, I always had my suspicions that the hotel complex and all the other development planned would end up getting bigger at the expense of the stand, I guess time will tell - I do think the Robertson lounge could easily accommodate another couple of calor gas bottles and maybe a barbecue.

SlickShoes
16-03-2015, 08:47 AM
I was away on holiday in Berlin last time, so there will be at least one extra person there this time.

Frazerbob
16-03-2015, 09:02 AM
We have lost several thousand off the Hibs gate due to the last few seasons football especially last years abject effort. Some may indeed be principalled enough to be staying away until Petrie has gone. Not something that bothers me but it's their choice.(Indeed why is he still there? Surely he's had a long enough transitional period now to get Dempster up to speed)

Games like this semi final and hopeully a final is a chance to win a few back.

Instead of sarky swipes at those that stayed away we should be encouraging as many as possible to get along to the game.

It wasn't a sarky swipe, it was a genuine wondering. A few of my mates are in that particular group, some are coming to the semi, some aren't. Most of my lapsed mates are in the "totally scunnered after the last few years" group and don't care if Petrie is there or not.

For what it's worth, I think there will be a very similar Hibs support to 2 years ago.

Keith_M
16-03-2015, 09:21 AM
I think the attendance this time will be roughly the same.

Albanian Hibs
16-03-2015, 10:21 AM
I was away on holiday in Berlin last time, so there will be at least one extra person there this time.

My dad, who was at the last game, will be in berlin (if its the sat game) so thats it back to 0!

Greenworld
16-03-2015, 10:27 AM
HAS it been decided that its Saturday ?

Kato
16-03-2015, 10:40 AM

Haven't been to Tynecastle for a while, I thought they had built that and it was all done and dusted!!

JPrinty
16-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Think we took around 15,000 to that game. I would hope we could take that again. I couldn't care less personally if we'd played Falkirk 20 times this season. Its a cup semi at Hampden. Hopefully poeple will see it as another game to boost their loyalty points in the hope we get to the final :greengrin

Thought it was more like 17/18,000 as Falkirk crowd was pretty poor - maybe 15,000 after half time though :greengrin

fatbloke
16-03-2015, 10:50 AM

Potentially another 4 times against the Bairns this season.

Hermit Crab
16-03-2015, 11:09 AM
HAS it been decided that its Saturday ?

No. This will probably not be decided until after the replay between celtic and dundee Utd this Wednesday.

My opinion is that if celtic win the replay they will play the Sunday as they have a game on the Wednesday midweek before the semi so they will want an extra days rest.

This all depends on what the TV bosses say though.

Greenworld
16-03-2015, 11:10 AM
Cheers

heretoday
16-03-2015, 11:11 AM
We will kill the C+++s

Hermit Crab
16-03-2015, 11:12 AM
We will kill the C+++s

Steady!

Hibernian Verse
16-03-2015, 11:14 AM
We will kill the C+++s

:tsk tsk:

Cod Boy
16-03-2015, 11:20 AM
No. This will probably not be decided until after the replay between celtic and dundee Utd this Wednesday.

My opinion is that if celtic win the replay they will play the Sunday as they have a game on the Wednesday midweek before the semi so they will want an extra days rest.

This all depends on what the TV bosses say though.

You mean it will give Scott Brown a extra day to recover from his hangover.

RoxburghHibs
16-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Thought it was more like 17/18,000 as Falkirk crowd was pretty poor - maybe 15,000 after half time though :greengrin

Yeah Falkirk took under 4500 to that match which was a surprise. However I'd expect a similar size attendance from us with a little more Falkirk fans this time.

lord bunberry
16-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Not so sure, I always had my suspicions that the hotel complex and all the other development planned would end up getting bigger at the expense of the stand, I guess time will tell - I do think the Robertson lounge could easily accommodate another couple of calor gas bottles and maybe a barbecue.
The bbq idea was one that got the go ahead, but unfortunately on the day of the first bbq there was a problem with the woman's toilets above the John Robertson lounge and the bbq ended up being doused by pish leaking from above. It was a shame really as just before that a new calor gas heater had just been unveiled.

lord bunberry
16-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Haven't been to Tynecastle for a while, I thought they had built that and it was all done and dusted!!
It's a bit of a grey area tbh, I heard some people say it had been built but they'd just modelled it on an early 20th century death trap. What I will say is that the last time I passed there was an old jakey lying outside the stand sleeping in a pool of his own pish. I'm presuming he was there because the new hotel was full, so it must be doing ok.

Bostonhibby
16-03-2015, 12:29 PM
The bbq idea was one that got the go ahead, but unfortunately on the day of the first bbq there was a problem with the woman's toilets above the John Robertson lounge and the bbq ended up being doused by pish leaking from above. It was a shame really as just before that a new calor gas heater had just been unveiled.
Heard the barbecue might still be a goer if someone like fatty foulkes can find some Lithuanian pensioners to pay for it like before

Geo_1875
16-03-2015, 12:39 PM
It's a bit of a grey area tbh, I heard some people say it had been built but they'd just modelled it on an early 20th century death trap. What I will say is that the last time I passed there was an old jakey lying outside the stand sleeping in a pool of his own pish. I'm presuming he was there because the new hotel was full, so it must be doing ok.

He's a Lord of the Realm. Show some respect.

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2015, 12:47 PM

No there wont, I'm not going this time :-)

southsider
16-03-2015, 12:54 PM
No there wont, I'm not going this time :-)

Well our group had 4 last time but 10 this time. So there !

lord bunberry
16-03-2015, 01:58 PM
:faf:

Bostonhibby
16-03-2015, 03:30 PM

Is this the bounder? Makes you proud to be a Scot and a tax payer:greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Heard the barbecue might still be a goer if someone like fatty foulkes can find some Lithuanian pensioners to pay for it like beforeBloomin tight-a$$ed Lithuanian pensioners should know better than to waste their pension money on soup and bread.

Bostonhibby
16-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Bloomin tight-a$$ed Lithuanian pensioners should know better than to waste their pension money on soup and bread.

After their investment in Romanovs football journey at the wongadome there might be enough left for them to build a statue of him?, they owe it to him - or is it to themselves? I can never remember now.

Onion
16-03-2015, 04:16 PM
If we play first, then expect c 20k. If we play Sun and we know it's not Celtic in the final then expect a few more thousand Hibbies at the Semi.

TheMentalHibees
16-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Is it pretty much nailed on that the semi is going to be a 12:30/45 KO?

Billy Whizz
16-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Is it pretty much nailed on that the semi is going to be a 12:30/45 KO?

Last season both semi's kicked off at 12.45 on the Saturday and the Sunday

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Think we took 17,000 to the game last time, could be as high again. The points been made that if Dundee United pull off an unlikely result on Wednesday it could add a good few thousand to that, it would probably add a couple of thousand onto the Falkirk support too. Everybody is gonna think they have a shot if Celtic get bumped.

Green Diet
16-03-2015, 07:16 PM
That was a great semifinal game last time against Falkirk. The absolute definition of a game of two halves. I think this time around it will be another thriller with the same result.

If the Hibs support is significantly greater than last time around I think it would be a clear indication from the fans that they are right behind Leanne, Stubbsy and the team.

Zazu62
16-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Why can't the games just kick off at 3pm? Why?

Andy74
16-03-2015, 07:28 PM

Due to it not being 1980?

3pm
16-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Due to it not being 1980?

Ha Ha!

monktonharp
16-03-2015, 08:07 PM
I was away on holiday in Berlin last time, so there will be at least one extra person there this time.cant believe some of you so called Hibbies, booking holidays at this time of year. my mate

with 2 other Hibs fans in the group all going abroad for the week. had the cheek to try and entice me to go. it'll no be that in May. :wink: nae seats left on our buses for then:greengrin

weonlywon6-2
16-03-2015, 08:34 PM
I would like to think we will take a big support, after all we have lost once in 27 games or so to now and are better than we were then
C'mon Hibs fans let's just do this and get behind the team

superfurryhibby
16-03-2015, 09:02 PM

Because we sold the soul of football rather cheaply.

Cameron1875
16-03-2015, 10:21 PM
We will kill the C+++s

:faf: Jesus

Billy Whizz
17-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Thinking back to the Hibs team that day, likely only to be only 2 starters from that day, next month.
Team was
Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern
Cairney Robertson Claros Thomson
Harris Griffiths

Think Robbo got hooked around 30 mins or so, and Cairney didnt last too much longer
Fenlons subs worked, but maybe he didn't play the right team at KO

lyonhibs
17-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Thinking back to the Hibs team that day, likely only to be only 2 starters from that day, next month.
Team was
Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern
Cairney Robertson Claros Thomson
Harris Griffiths

Think Robbo got hooked around 30 mins or so, and Cairney didnt last too much longer
Fenlons subs worked, but maybe he didn't play the right team at KO

Maybe ?!?!!

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 12:53 AM
Maybe ?!?!!

:tee hee:

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2015, 03:07 AM
16,874 - 3,222 Falkirk