PDA

View Full Version : Jason cummings = Goals

Unseen work
14-03-2015, 06:17 PM
The lad gets quite a lot of stick, but boy does he know where the net is! Brilliant record for his first full season in the first team, you feel like he is going to score every game
Long may this form continue

God Petrie
14-03-2015, 06:20 PM
He was rank today

crieffhibee
14-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Still scored tho

Ozyhibby
14-03-2015, 06:25 PM
There is no doubt he has a great record for a 19 year old. :flag:

Chuck Rhoades
14-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Could have score double what he has of he could take his chances. Wastes a lot.

ian cruise
14-03-2015, 06:31 PM
He was rank today

Goals win games. It's Luke old school Kris Boyd. Boy could finish despite his flaws, I'd have had him in my team every week. Both Malonga and Cummings are the same, if they score the goals that win us games then job done for me.

As an aside I'm so nervous about this run in. We are so close.

Bracksy
14-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Needs to work on his attidude id say, no doubt he scores goals as he his top scorer in the league. Although he could have had a hat trick mid week.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Needs to work on his attidude id say, no doubt he scores goals as he his top scorer in the league. Although he could have had a hat trick mid week.

Very much this. He needs to be more clinical and improve his attitude a bit.

Stuarty27
14-03-2015, 07:03 PM
He was rank today

What game were u watching

JIm
14-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Scoring a tonne of goals at 19 and scores a variation of different finishes, getting lots of opportunities to get more and has improved massively.

If he can keep improving and he has a chance of a big move a few years down the line.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Only criticism I would have is his habit of letting his frustrations show. When he misses a chance or doesn't get the ball whe he wants it he tends to throw his arms up or have a wee kick at the ground. Experienced CBs will exploit that.

He's only getting better though and we have a player on our hands.

AjaxTreesdown
14-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Only criticism I would have is his habit of letting his frustrations show. When he misses a chance or doesn't get the ball whe he wants it he tends to throw his arms up or have a wee kick at the ground. Experienced CBs will exploit that.

He's only getting better though and we have a player on our hands.

I really don't mind that he throws his hands in the air and kicks the ground in frustration when he misses chances... Shows the passion, I would rather this than someone who looked like they weren't bothered.

Young lad that is top goalscorer in the league in his first season in the 1st team and has dramatically improved since the start of the season. As long as he keeps banging in the gaols for us I have no issues. He'd be in my starting 11 every week.

:gwa:

AjaxTreesdown
14-03-2015, 07:50 PM
The lad gets quite a lot of stick, but boy does he know where the net is! Brilliant record for his first full season in the first team, you feel like he is going to score every game
Long may this form continue

:aok:

Jonnyboy
14-03-2015, 08:59 PM
He was rank today

He can be 'rank' every week if he keeps scoring

Swedish hibee
14-03-2015, 09:09 PM
He's only 19. Go on Jason! :aok:

chrisski33
14-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Shame hes a jambo

edwards
14-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Jeezo he just helped us get three points get of the laddies back he is doing well just keep it going Jason :flag:

AjaxTreesdown
14-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Jeezo he just helped us get three points get of the laddies back he is doing well just keep it going Jason :flag:

:aok::aok::aok::aok::aok:

weonlywon6-2
14-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Shame hes a jambo

I take uit you missed the tynecastle game??

matty_f
14-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Shame hes a jambo

He used to be a jambo. But he's alright now.

Not In The Know
14-03-2015, 09:26 PM
19 year old in his first full season as a pro. He has a lot to learn but ffs he knows where the back of the net is. Great start to what could be a great career. If he keeps on learning.

We we are lucky to have him for the goals he will score and hopefully sell him for a wedge too!

chrisski33
14-03-2015, 09:28 PM
I take uit you missed the tynecastle game??

Yes thank god and your point is???

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Take away his flaws and he'd be nowhere near this level...or us. Enjoy him while it lasts :aok:

matty_f
14-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Yes thank god and your point is???

That Jason absolutely loved getting one against those manky tramp fuds.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Shame hes a jambo

Away you go with this pish. Trolling at it's worst.

He's banging in goals for Hibs, loved scoring against that lot at Tynecastle and is on course to be top scorer in the league. He may well have once been one of them but if he keeps doing the business for Hibs I couldn't give a flying ****.

Jonnyboy
14-03-2015, 09:34 PM
That Jason absolutely loved getting one against those manky tramp fuds.

And never tired of telling anyone who'd listen though it seems the message didn't reach everybody :wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
14-03-2015, 09:35 PM
He used to be a jambo. But he's alright now.
This

chrisski33
14-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Away you go with this pish. Trolling at it's worst.

He's banging in goals for Hibs, loved scoring against that lot at Tynecastle and is on course to be top scorer in the league. He may well have once been one of them but if he keeps doing the business for Hibs I couldn't give a flying ****.

Away with ur trolling crap. He loved scoring against them cos they let him go. All i was saying was its a shame he still supports them!

SouthMoroccoStu
14-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Shame hes a jambo

Bolt you fishin dirty troll

He's one of us now

Pretty Boy
14-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Away with ur trolling crap. He loved scoring against them cos they let him go. All i was saying was its a shame he still supports them!

It's trolling whether you like it or not.

If he keeps scoring goals he can support a supergroup of ISIS and Rangers for all I care.

Bostonhibby
14-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Shame hes a jambo
He might still have been if they hadn't treated him so badly. He's made his feelings clear since. He's happy at Hibs.

Jonnyboy
14-03-2015, 09:45 PM
It's trolling whether you like it or not.

If he keeps scoring goals he can support a supergroup of ISIS and Rangers for all I care.

:agree: As I said earlier, he can be 'rank' every week if he keeps scoring, not that he was 'rank' today, far from it :agree:

Boyle89
14-03-2015, 10:09 PM
I said to my mate today that he doesn't seem to do anything. You don't notice him Untill the ball comes to him in the box and he scores. Still has a lot to learn but his goal record doesn't lie.

truehibernian
14-03-2015, 10:52 PM
He was rank today

M'lod the defence calls Messers Heffernan, Collins and Vine to refute this charge !

Vault Boy
14-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Jason has done exceptionally well in his first full season in the first team. Seems like he was rested at the right time, a great response since coming back into the starting 11. Bags of potential.

Andy74
14-03-2015, 10:54 PM
:agree: As I said earlier, he can be 'rank' every week if he keeps scoring, not that he was 'rank' today, far from it :agree:

Agree. He's still learning but scoring goals all the time whilst doing so is a very good sign.

JJP
14-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Don't understand why anyone would be negative about Jason at the moment, always feel he's going to score when he is in the line-up. Hopefully he, and Malonga, are fit to play against Rangers next week. Don't fancy going into that game with Djedje and Boyle starting.

truehibernian
14-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Don't understand why anyone would be negative about Jason at the moment, always feel he's going to score when he is in the line-up. Hopefully he, and Malonga, are fit to play against Rangers next week. Don't fancy going into that game with Djedje and Boyle starting.

I genuinely think Stubbs and Combe could form our strike force v The Rangers and we'd still win.

We'll beat them comfortably again.

monktonharp
14-03-2015, 11:15 PM
:hug:
M'lod the defence calls Messers Heffernan, Collins and Vine to refute this charge !

monktonharp
14-03-2015, 11:19 PM
:
Don't understand why anyone would be negative about Jason at the moment, always feel he's going to score when he is in the line-up. Hopefully he, and Malonga, are fit to play against Rangers next week. Don't fancy going into that game with Djedje and Boyle starting.:tsk tsk: The Rangers.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Cannot fault the guy...hes gave us great service so far

Unseen work
14-03-2015, 11:35 PM
I really like him, disagree that he doesn't contribute a lot as I think he's a constant threat and worrys defenders

On a side, when was the last time malonga scored?

SunshineOnLeith
14-03-2015, 11:36 PM

Just shows how well things are going that the only thing the "everything is awful" brigade have to complain about is that our 19 year old striker only scores a barrowload of goals!

matty_f
14-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Jason is clearly a natural goalscorer and that's reflected in his hugely impressive goal tally so far this season.

My one criticism is that he often looks like he's caught on his heels and doesn't anticipate what could happen at times, but when he does it usually gets us a goal. This will improve with experience.

Other than that I think he's a fantastic young talent, and if he continues to develop as he had this season he had every chance of doing as well as Steven Fletcher or Leigh Griffiths.

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 11:46 PM
I posted a few weeks ago when his scoring record was nearly 50% goals to starts, that it was incredible for someone his age, and coming through at such a difficult time.

He scores tap ins, and long rangers, has it all in terms of finishing. Ironically, I take most encouragement from the amount of good chances he misses on a regular basis - he has scored a good amount of goals despite that.

matty_f
14-03-2015, 11:48 PM
I posted a few weeks ago when his scoring record was nearly 50% goals to starts, that it was incredible for someone his age, and coming through at such a difficult time.

He scores tap ins, and long rangers, has it all in terms of finishing. Ironically, I take most encouragement from the amount of good chances he misses on a regular basis - he has scored a good amount of goals despite that.

:agree: I agree with that - good strikers will miss chances but will come back for more and invariably they'll score with one of them.

truehibernian
14-03-2015, 11:56 PM
Jason is clearly a natural goalscorer and that's reflected in his hugely impressive goal tally so far this season.

My one criticism is that he often looks like he's caught on his heels and doesn't anticipate what could happen at times, but when he does it usually gets us a goal. This will improve with experience.

Other than that I think he's a fantastic young talent, and if he continues to develop as he had this season he had every chance of doing as well as Steven Fletcher or Leigh Griffiths.

He's actually looked a wee bit puggled last two games - mind he does work hard up top but either he's carrying a slight knock or he's tired in my view.

Alan Preston needs challenged by Stubbs with his midweek comments too - disgraceful he was allowed to question JC's apparent 'off field life' - I hope Hibs contacted him and his agency.

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 11:57 PM
:agree: I agree with that - good strikers will miss chances but will come back for more and invariably they'll score with one of them.

Absolutely. The fact that Jason's such an effervescent character is great too - hard to imagine him having a James Collins-like crisis of confidence.

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 11:59 PM
He's actually looked a wee bit puggled last two games - mind he does work hard up top but either he's carrying a slight knock or he's tired in my view.

Alan Preston needs challenged by Stubbs with his midweek comments too - disgraceful he was allowed to question JC's apparent 'off field life' - I hope Hibs contacted him and his agency.

He can look as knackered as he likes if he keeps scoring at the rate that he has in the last two games!

matty_f
15-03-2015, 12:29 AM

I agree with all that as well, especially the second paragraph. Preston is a disgrace.

Aldo
15-03-2015, 07:55 AM
His goal last Sunday and midweek were excellent IMHO. His willingness to make the runs and then the finish shows he does have the talent and ability.

He's still only 19 so if his performances aren't always great but he keeps up the hard work and scoring then that'll do for me for the moment.

Also if he does keep scoring and working hard it'll be difficult to drop or even not start him.

As for Preston the guy just cannot help himself and tbh needs banned from ER along with the rest of the BBC Sportsound yam/sheep/OF love in team!

Mr White
15-03-2015, 08:09 AM
His goal last Sunday and midweek were excellent IMHO. His willingness to make the runs and then the finish shows he does have the talent and ability.

He's still only 19 so if his performances aren't always great but he keeps up the hard work and scoring then that'll do for me for the moment.

Also if he does keep scoring and working hard it'll be difficult to drop or even not start him.

As for Preston the guy just cannot help himself and tbh needs banned from ER along with the rest of the BBC Sportsound yam/sheep/OF love in team!
I'd love it if hibs banned Preston from easter road in response to his comments about Cummings!

07BigD
15-03-2015, 08:11 AM
I'd like to say I'm surprised by some of the criticism on this thread but that would be a lie. He is 19 ffs, we were all the finished article in our chosen fields at that age of that I have no doubt!!!!!! Keep banging them in muffin man you'll do for the Hibees

matty_f
15-03-2015, 08:13 AM
I'd like to say I'm surprised by some of the criticism on this thread but that would be a lie. He is 19 ffs, we were all the finished article in our chosen fields at that age of that I have no doubt!!!!!! Keep banging them in muffin man you'll do for the Hibees

There's barely any criticism on this thread and any that is there acknowledges his age.

green day
15-03-2015, 08:14 AM

I agree with most of this, Cummings is doing well for a 19YO - top of the goalscoring charts in what everyone acknowledges is a tough division. We cant really argue with his effectiveness in front of goal.

Frankly, I dont care if he does nothing all game and pops up with a goal - kinda like a keeper doing nothing then saving a goalbound effort last minute to save the points?

Prestons chat midweek? We know he is an erse, but lets not kid ourselves - we would be pissing ourselves if Billy King or one of those other anonymous jambo kids did something noteworthy, and I am pretty sure the BBC would be covering that as well, its just that we wouldnt be listening.

Players need to learn some life lessons at that age (god knows what the tabloids wold make of half this forum at the age of 19......) as well as on-field coaching, and we cant complain if one of them does something stupid (even if he was just on the periphery) and gets nobbled by the tabloids.

I dont imagine it wasnt noticed by Stubbs team - or that they didnt discuss it with him behind closed doors.

Anyhow, back on topic - JC scores goals, he will continue to score goals - in the premier league also - and long may it continue.

07BigD
15-03-2015, 08:14 AM
There's barely any criticism on this thread and any that is there acknowledges his age.
I'd be happy with zero criticism

Aldo
15-03-2015, 08:15 AM
I'd love it if hibs banned Preston from easter road in response to his comments about Cummings!

I'd of banned him years ago. Rarely has had anything positive to say about us and remember a number of years ago him and Gordon having a good laugh at our expense. That was nearly 3 years ago and haven't listened to that **** since.

I would ban him dos he a grade A yam roaster fud. Simple as that.

Aldo
15-03-2015, 08:21 AM
I agree with most of this, Cummings is doing well for a 19YO - top of the goalscoring charts in what everyone acknowledges is a tough division. We cant really argue with his effectiveness in front of goal. Frankly, I dont care if he does nothing all game and pops up with a goal - kinda like a keeper doing nothing then saving a goalbound effort last minute to save the points? Prestons chat midweek? We know he is an erse, but lets not kid ourselves - we would be pissing ourselves if Billy King or one of those other anonymous jambo kids did something noteworthy, and I am pretty sure the BBC would be covering that as well, its just that we wouldnt be listening. Players need to learn some life lessons at that age (god knows what the tabloids wold make of half this forum at the age of 19......) as well as on-field coaching, and we cant complain if one of them does something stupid (even if he was just on the periphery) and gets nobbled by the tabloids. I dont imagine it wasnt noticed by Stubbs team - or that they didnt discuss it with him behind closed doors. Anyhow, back on topic - JC scores goals, he will continue to score goals - in the premier league also - and long may it continue.

Agreed GD however your bit about Preston....... Yeah we would be pissing ourselves but that Sportsound group are former Huns/Yams and Sheep. Yeah Patterson is on but I don't think I've heard him laughing at the demise of the Yams are sticking the knife in whilst they were in administration.

Can you imagine the outcry if he had said that they robbed charities and cheated local businesses.

They've all had a good chuckle at us over the years. It's about opinions - yip but it should be professional and not a slagging match and towards our club.

I don't think any other club has taken as much stick or slagging as we have from that bunch.

We are however doing the best thing and making them eat their words..... Winning!

Mr White
15-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Thing about Preston is he was making unsubstantiated accusations about Cummings saying there have been multiple incidents when only one has been reported. Hibs would be well within their rights to tell him he's not welcome back at easter road to defame one of our players while being paid by the national broadcaster. Not to mention the conflict of interest his being a pundit and a football agent creates. I mentioned on the match thread on wednesday that there's no way he would have spoken about one of his own players like that so for that reason as much as his poor performance as a pundit he shouldn't be a regular contributor on the BBC.

green day
15-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Thing about Preston is he was making unsubstantiated accusations about Cummings saying there have been multiple incidents when only one has been reported.

Sorry Mr White and Aldo, I didnt hear the 'multiple incidents' bit I had assumed he was just talking muffingate.

In that case, if its untrue then Dempster should be having a word.

I am away to have a shower, I feel dirty for even thinking that Preston might not have been up to his usual tricks.

Mr White
15-03-2015, 08:56 AM
Sorry Mr White and Aldo, I didnt hear the 'multiple incidents' bit I had assumed he was just talking muffingate.

In that case, if its untrue then Dempster should be having a word.

I am away to have a shower, I feel dirty for even thinking that Preston might not have been up to his usual tricks.

:aok: me too, talking about alan preston on a sunday morning ruins an otherwise relaxing part of the week :greengrin

bingo70
15-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Think Cummings is a weird one. I continually think he's playing poorly, missing chances, not passing when he should and generally not being much of a team player......

But then you look at his scoring record and I realise I don't give a monkeys about the other stuff. Scoring goals isn't an easy thing to do, even at this level, if it was then everyone would be doing it.

In short I think he deserves great credit for his contribution this season although my gut feeling is he'll need to improve if he's to make the step up and have the same impact in the premier league or higher. At 19 you'd expect there to be a lot of room for improvement though.

lucky
15-03-2015, 09:03 AM
He's no Fletcher, O'Connor or Deeks but the boy scores goals at championsh level. He's only 19 and will develope into more of a team player. I like his cockiness but he is frustrating to watch at times

Aldo
15-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Sorry Mr White and Aldo, I didnt hear the 'multiple incidents' bit I had assumed he was just talking muffingate. In that case, if its untrue then Dempster should be having a word. I am away to have a shower, I feel dirty for even thinking that Preston might not have been up to his usual tricks.

Nowt to apologise for GD.

Pre cons big time for slagging us off.

I wrote into the BBC Scotland team and complained to be shot down in flames and told it was banter!

He's got a pus I wouldn't get bored of smacking tbh. (And it's a big F off moon one at that) I wonder if he will be at ER on Sunday??

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Think Cummings is a weird one. I continually think he's playing poorly, missing chances, not passing when he should and generally not being much of a team player......

But then you look at his scoring record and I realise I don't give a monkeys about the other stuff. Scoring goals isn't an easy thing to do, even at this level, if it was then everyone would be doing it.

In short I think he deserves great credit for his contribution this season although my gut feeling is he'll need to improve if he's to make the step up and have the same impact in the premier league or higher. At 19 you'd expect there to be a lot of room for improvement though.

:agree:

I think the goals to chances ratio is significant. My feeling was that, had we lost last Wednesday, Cummings would have been to blame.

It's not to say that I don't appreciated the fact that he does score, just that he still has a bit to go.

Stuarty27
15-03-2015, 09:50 AM
He is the best youngster coming through since Steven fletcher IMO, and will be a matter of time before we get a big fat transfer fee.

I watch him closely and his hold up play is far better than people give him credit for. He holds the ball in well and switches the play out to the full backs.

Col2
15-03-2015, 10:20 AM
He is 19. He has played 50 first team games and this is just his first full year as a professional.

He is quick, his movement is excellent and he is a goal scorer. He is the top scorer in the championship.

At this age Riordan and Fletcher had as many small negatives as Cummings has so let's just focus on the positives and accept we have a special player emerging here....

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2015, 10:31 AM
He is 19. He has played 50 first team games and this is just his first full year as a professional.

He is quick, his movement is excellent and he is a goal scorer. He is the top scorer in the championship.

At this age Riordan and Fletcher had as many small negatives as Cummings has so let's just focus on the positives and accept we have a special player emerging here....

Let's not be blind to the fact that he has an excellent midfield behind him, and is banging them in against the likes of Berwick Rangers, Livi and Cowdenbeath either. Far too early to say if he is a special player, but IMO the number he misses is too high.

When he can start to score goals out of half chances, or situations where there is no chance at all, then we can start to dream. It's too early just now.

SanFranHibs
15-03-2015, 10:34 AM

He may be rank but in the list of goalscorers in this Championship season he currently ranks #1.

He is still learning and hhopefully by the start of next season in the SPL he will be a more mature, complete striker.

On the Hearts fan note, last night I actually dreamt we were losing 1 -0 to them after being all over them and one of our players who was in possession of the ball, slipped in mud but got up and played a sublime pass through to Cummings who rounded the keeper and slotted the ball in from a very acute angle.

We all have opinions of who is 'good' enough for Hibs, or who we should punt but when they run out in that Hibs top they get my unqualified support!

:flag:

Jack
15-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Jase is on the crest of a wave and lovin it, revelling in it publicly and privately.

He does need to reminded now and again that he's not as good as he thinks he is; he's not been selected to play at national level for his age group, he's not even in the squad!

He has a long way to go before he becomes the finished article.

His relationship with AS could be better, although his time with the U20s was a timely lesson and JC knows that. JC just needs more cuddles or he's prone to a bit of huffiness.

Unseen work
15-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Jase is on the crest of a wave and lovin it, revelling in it publicly and privately.

He does need to reminded now and again that he's not as good as he thinks he is; he's not been selected to play at national level for his age group, he's not even in the squad!

He has a long way to go before he becomes the finished article.

His relationship with AS could be better, although his time with the U20s was a timely lesson and JC knows that. JC just needs more cuddles or he's prone to a bit of huffiness.

How does he have to improve his relationship with Stubbs? Always under the impression they had a good relationship?

portycabbage
15-03-2015, 09:53 PM
How does he have to improve his relationship with Stubbs? Always under the impression they had a good relationship?

It can't be that bad if he's started the last 3 games.

Jonnyboy
15-03-2015, 10:14 PM
He may be rank but in the list of goalscorers in this Championship season he currently ranks #1.

He is still learning and hhopefully by the start of next season in the SPL he will be a more mature, complete striker.

On the Hearts fan note, last night I actually dreamt we were losing 1 -0 to them after being all over them and one of our players who was in possession of the ball, slipped in mud but got up and played a sublime pass through to Cummings who rounded the keeper and slotted the ball in from a very acute angle.

We all have opinions of who is 'good' enough for Hibs, or who we should punt but when they run out in that Hibs top they get my unqualified support!

:flag:

He's not, I was quoting another poster :wink:

Cod Boy
15-03-2015, 10:31 PM
The laddie has bounced back well after his penalty miss against Hamilton. Scores goals on a regular basis he will do for me.