PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson captain

crieffhibee
14-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Not seen it mentioned anywhere, think stubbsy should give the arm band to wee Lewis if we get into the final, just in the off chance we win it Lewis can lift the cup, a true hibs legend and great servant to hibs, deserves it more than anyone in current squad imo!

Imagine his face if it happend!

TowerHibs
14-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Not seen it mentioned anywhere, think stubbsy should give the arm band to wee Lewis if we get into the final, just in the off chance we win it Lewis can lift the cup, a true hibs legend and great servant to hibs, deserves it more than anyone in current squad imo!

Nonsense

Pretty Boy
14-03-2015, 05:56 PM
The captain should be whoever our regular captain is so either Craig or Gray.

Capt Mainwaring
14-03-2015, 06:00 PM

Nope.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 06:02 PM

The reason you've not seen it mentioned anywhere is because nobody thinks he should be captain. Gray or Craig is the way it should stay!

Pete
14-03-2015, 06:04 PM

It's a nice thought but it might be disruptive.

Let's reach the final first. :greengrin

The Harp
14-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Think the wee man is doing great just now. Don't imagine he'd expect, or want, to be handed the captaincy for a Cup Final. Too much pressure involved which might harm his game. Best just to concentrate on actually getting to the final.

crieffhibee
14-03-2015, 06:10 PM
That's me told then

God Petrie
14-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Lewis is already captain of my heart 😍

SeanWilson
14-03-2015, 06:26 PM

Sentiment should get nowhere near the captaincy. Gray is by far the closest thing we have to a captain and should be instilled as full time ASAP, in my opinion.

B.H.F.C
14-03-2015, 06:28 PM
He's been very good this year. But not a captain.

lord bunberry
14-03-2015, 06:33 PM
These threads are getting a bit silly now. The guys playing well, but c'mon

Andy74
14-03-2015, 07:14 PM
The question was if we get to the cup final. On that basis, yes, he should be captain for the day.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2015, 07:16 PM
The question was if we get to the cup final. On that basis, yes, he should be captain for the day.

Why?

WestCoastHibby
14-03-2015, 07:19 PM
He's having a great season, leave as is in my opinion....

Scottie
14-03-2015, 07:20 PM
These threads are getting a bit silly now. The guys playing well, but c'mon
:agree: We all luv Lewis but a different thread everyday about him ( mind you wouldn't mind him as a sperm donor for my unborn children ) :wink:

greenlex
14-03-2015, 07:22 PM
I reckon we would see a joint lifting of the cup a la Jones and Broonie in 2007.

BigT-Hibeez
14-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Realllly??

Sergey
14-03-2015, 07:30 PM

Can I ask what has makes him a hibs legend in your eyes?

Andy74
14-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Why?

It would be a great gesture to a very good servant and a player who has had a great season.

Craig won't play so you'd be looking at your vice captain anyway in Gray.

Gray would play anyway so you still get all the qualities he brings. The role of captain on the pitch for a one off game where no motivation should be needed is minimal anyway.

He has been captain this year when he reached whatever landmark game it was for him.

Not a big deal but IF we got there I wouldn't be again this at all.

SteveHFC
14-03-2015, 07:37 PM

Andy's right. :hyper

lord bunberry
14-03-2015, 07:40 PM
It would be a great gesture to a very good servant and a player who has had a great season.

Craig won't play so you'd be looking at your vice captain anyway in Gray.

Gray would play anyway so you still get all the qualities he brings. The role of captain on the pitch for a one off game where no motivation should be needed is minimal anyway.

He has been captain this year when he reached whatever landmark game it was for him.

Not a big deal but IF we got there I wouldn't be again this at all.
Make him captain now then, if he's worthy of leading out the team at Hampden then he can do it every week

The_Exile
14-03-2015, 07:44 PM
I'd imagine he would be dragged up by whoever captains us on the day to lift the cup together. Fantasy land stuff at the moment though.

Bostonhibby
14-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Been a fan of Lewis for years and am delighted with his recent form and I see him as the model for all that is good about hibs but David Gray should be captain

Andy74
14-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Make him captain now then, if he's worthy of leading out the team at Hampden then he can do it every week

That's not really my point.

The cup final allows a potential opportunity for someone to be the captain the day Hibs win the thing. A bit different from who is most suitable to be the actual captain.

If we are up for a young disabled lad getting goal of the month then allowing Lewis to be captain of hibs on cup final day is not that much of a stretch as a sentimental gesture.

hibee_girl
14-03-2015, 08:23 PM
If we can let Scott Brown lift the league cup jointly with Rob Jones we can surely let Stevenson be captain should we get to the final.

Bostonhibby
14-03-2015, 08:30 PM
That's not really my point.

The cup final allows a potential opportunity for someone to be the captain the day Hibs win the thing. A bit different from who is most suitable to be the actual captain.

If we are up for a young disabled lad getting goal of the month then allowing Lewis to be captain of hibs on cup final day is not that much of a stretch as a sentimental gesture.

Its a compelling argument and I for one would have no problem seeing Lewis leading us on the day - he ain't going to let us down.

AgentDaleCooper
14-03-2015, 08:31 PM

sentiment has absolutely no place in cup final preparations. it comes after, when you've won the thing.

Hiber-nation
14-03-2015, 08:32 PM

Eh? What the hell has that got to do with it?!?

Stupid thread.

CMac1988
14-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Not for me. I'm sure he's donned the armband before but for me Gray should be the captain. Vice captain next year perhaps?

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Not for me. I'm sure he's donned the armband before but for me Gray should be the captain. Vice captain next year perhaps?

LC moved on perhaps?

Andy74
14-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Eh? What the hell has that got to do with it?!?

Stupid thread.

Quite a lot really.

We are talking a one off sentimental thing that would mean a lot to an individual and many would support the idea behind it.

If we just went by the book of what we do each week and there's no room for this sort of thing then the goal of the month woukd have gone to a player playing in the league.

.Sean.
14-03-2015, 10:15 PM
He's a first pick, knows the club inside out, doesn't let his standards drop, doesn't hide, takes responsibility, he's level headed, calm and respected by both his team mates and the support.

No brainier to give him the captaincy, i'd give him it on Sunday and let him find his way into it because Craig won't even be playing for us next year nevermind wasting a
Jersey in the middle of the park.

Hiber-nation
14-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Quite a lot really.

We are talking a one off sentimental thing that would mean a lot to an individual and many would support the idea behind it.

If we just went by the book of what we do each week and there's no room for this sort of thing then the goal of the month woukd have gone to a player playing in the league.

Can't see how you can possibly compare the 2 things. Not important though.

hibeemikey21
14-03-2015, 10:23 PM
sentiment has absolutely no place in cup final preparations. it comes after, when you've won the thing.

Too right. When you start making folk captain for niceities in cup finals, the game's gone. Imagine running this concept past alex Ferguson.

One Day
14-03-2015, 10:26 PM

How patronising a condescending is that

Andy74
14-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Can't see how you can possibly compare the 2 things. Not important though.

Well one at least has something to do with football. Folk were all over the lovely gesture when the goal award was given but there's no place for a long term Hibs servant being captain for the day because he isn't the 'real captain' ?

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2015, 11:36 PM
Total nonsense, if the club captain isn't playing then the vice captain should lead the team.Trying to use the young lad getting goal of the month as a comparison is laughable.

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 11:40 PM
It would be a nice gesture, but wouldn't happen - Stubbs wouldn't be interested in nice gestures should be get to the final, and rightly so. Won't even enter his head.

.Sean.
14-03-2015, 11:57 PM
Total nonsense, if the club captain isn't playing then the vice captain should lead the team.Trying to use the young lad getting goal of the month as a comparison is laughable.
The total nonsense is Liam Craig still being the captain. Even if he was on his game and in the side I'd have any the back 4 and Robertson as captain over him.

Stevie Reid
15-03-2015, 12:01 AM
The total nonsense is Liam Craig still being the captain. Even if he was on his game and in the side I'd have any the back 4 and Robertson as captain over him.

It doesn't matter at all. Stubbs had to make a quick decision when he came in, and obviously admired Craig's leadership qualities and thought he'd be an important player this season. The best thing is that he hasn't been afraid to drop him.

lord bunberry
15-03-2015, 05:41 AM
Can you imagine saying to David Gray that he's going to lose the biggest honour of his career, getting to lead a team out at a national cup final, possibly walking up the steps to lift the trophy. Let's give the honour to Mr Hibs Lewis Stevenson, after all he grew up watching Hibs like the rest of us, well when Hibs were playing Raith Rovers that is.
The boy has come in for some unfair criticism over the years and he's finally getting the recognition he deserves, but some people are taking it too far, I mean Hibs legend!!!!

Pete
15-03-2015, 07:34 AM
I reckon we would see a joint lifting of the cup a la Jones and Broonie in 2007.

:agree:

I think it should be the captain on the day(whoever it is) and Rod Petrie after he's been allowed to change into a full kit.

Andy74
15-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Can you imagine saying to David Gray that he's going to lose the biggest honour of his career, getting to lead a team out at a national cup final, possibly walking up the steps to lift the trophy. Let's give the honour to Mr Hibs Lewis Stevenson, after all he grew up watching Hibs like the rest of us, well when Hibs were playing Raith Rovers that is.
The boy has come in for some unfair criticism over the years and he's finally getting the recognition he deserves, but some people are taking it too far, I mean Hibs legend!!!!

I can imagine having that conversation with Gray quite happily.

TowerHibs
15-03-2015, 09:52 AM
I can imagine having that conversation with Gray quite happily.

Wow Andy. Don't think I have disagreed with you so much on this. A nonsense thread.

As someone said, could you see Gergiev taking the armband off Keane or Visit or Fernando and giving it to Scholes just because he was a grand player for Utd. Complete pish. Oh but it's a nice thing to do....

Ronniekirk
15-03-2015, 10:46 AM
That's me told then
Yep looks like your swimming against the tide on this one

Andy74
15-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Wow Andy. Don't think I have disagreed with you so much on this. A nonsense thread.

As someone said, could you see Gergiev taking the armband off Keane or Visit or Fernando and giving it to Scholes just because he was a grand player for Utd. Complete pish. Oh but it's a nice thing to do....

He was captain earler in the season for his 250th game? Was that just a nice thing to do as well?

I think it would be excellent management to allow a guy who has been through everything with the club for a decade to get the chance to lead the team out and maybe lift the cup, if we get there.

I doubt the likes of Gray, here less than a year, would see this as anything less than a good thing to do.

weecounty hibby
15-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Being captain of a football team is really just a token position nowadays. All he really does is yhe coin toss and even thst doesnt matter. Hibs always down the slope 2nd half! Unlike rugby the captain has no decisions to make on the field of play, anyone and evetyone debates decisions with the ref, manager right at side of pitch to change things if needed. Having said that I wouldnt change the captain due to sentimentallity

sleeping giant
15-03-2015, 11:10 AM
I would have no problem with Lewis being the captain for the day.
Wouldnt really be fair on Craig or Gray though .

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2015, 11:13 AM
He was captain earler in the season for his 250th game? Was that just a nice thing to do as well?

I think it would be excellent management to allow a guy who has been through everything with the club for a decade to get the chance to lead the team out and maybe lift the cup, if we get there.

I doubt the likes of Gray, here less than a year, would see this as anything less than a good thing to do.

I wouldn't care if you picked the cup up Andy, lets just ****in win it. :pray:

Eyrie
15-03-2015, 01:00 PM
A compromise would be to keep Gray as the captain but have Stevenson lead the team out.

One thing being overlooked here is that by all accounts Stevenson is a modest person, so he'd probably prefer to remain in the background and just do his job.

CMac1988
15-03-2015, 02:41 PM
LC moved on perhaps?

Perhaps. I'm not a big fan tbh and although I understand the need for ball retention I feel he's beyond that and isn't comfortable when being closed down. This garners his simple passing methodology but creates negativity. As a player I don't see what you'd get from having Craig as your captain.

He's not a bad player, just an incredibly frustrating player. I'd also take him off corners and indirect free kicks. Leave him as the primary direct free kick taker though. It may be to late to remove his captaincy this season but if he's to stay I'd simply have him concentrate on his own game first.

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 02:49 PM
That's me told then

For what it's worth I agree with you. Defo make him captain for the day if we got there. He's our most consistent player and let's be honest, you need 11 captains on the day so who officially wears it shouldn't make much difference.

3pm
15-03-2015, 03:08 PM
I take it this thread is a piss take?!

hibee-boys
15-03-2015, 03:08 PM
By all means recognise Stevenson's years of service with the club but make him captain for the day for sentimental reason in a cup final? Daft idea.

SteveHFC
15-03-2015, 03:09 PM
For what it's worth I agree with you. Defo make him captain for the day if we got there. He's our most consistent player and let's be honest, you need 11 captains on the day so who officially wears it shouldn't make much difference.

:top marks

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 03:10 PM
By all means recognise Stevenson's years of service with the club but make him captain for the day for sentimental reason in a cup final? Daft idea.

I wouldnt give it for sentimental reasons. I'd give him it as he's earned it!

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 03:11 PM
I take it this thread is a piss take?!

Nope.

hibee-boys
15-03-2015, 03:18 PM
I wouldnt give it for sentimental reasons. I'd give him it as he's earned it!

IF we get to another Scottish cup final I'm sure Stubbs will have the sense to treat the game like any other, and let Lewis concentrate on his game, the game he's done very well at this season. He may well have earned it but so will every other player who contributed to getting us there!

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 03:23 PM
IF we get to another Scottish cup final I'm sure Stubbs will have the sense to treat the game like any other, and let Lewis concentrate on his game, the game he's done very well at this season. He may well have earned it but so will every other player who contributed to getting us there!

I've every faith in Stubbs and whoever is captain has my backing. My personal opinion might not be worth a sook but he's been the most consistent player and if Craig is captain material then so is Lewis!

Wilson
15-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Falkirk did well in a tricky away tie last night. Got me my coupon up. Any talk of the final is fanciful just now. We've still got a job to do against a very capable side in the semi.

If we're good enough to get there it doesn't matter who lifts it first or who lifts it last. So long as we win it!

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2015, 05:44 PM
This thread should've been saved for April the 1st.

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 05:55 PM
This thread should've been saved for April the 1st.

Why?

lord bunberry
15-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Why?
Because it's a joke

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Because it's a joke

Why is it a joke? Serious question. I think he'd be a better captain than Craig. This isn't a dig at Craig btw I think he's better without the pressure.

Lewis for me deserves to have a chance of being captain (if he wants it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Falkirk did well in a tricky away tie last night. Got me my coupon up. Any talk of the final is fanciful just now. We've still got a job to do against a very capable side in the semi.

If we're good enough to get there it doesn't matter who lifts it first or who lifts it last. So long as we win it!

This. Falkirk will be a very tough tie, we have struggled against them all season so they will go into the semi knowing they are more than capable of beating us.

lord bunberry
15-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Why is it a joke? Serious question. I think he'd be a better captain than Craig. This isn't a dig at Craig btw I think he's better without the pressure.

Lewis for me deserves to have a chance of being captain (if he wants it)

I've no problem with him being captain either. If that's the road we're going to go down then we should make him captain now, not for one day in the final.

sleeping giant
15-03-2015, 06:11 PM
I've no problem with him being captain either. If that's the road we're going to go down then we should make him captain now, not for one day in the final.

I understand that to be honest.
I would imagine the current captain would be extremely pissed off at loosing the armband for such a historical event.

I would still love it to be Lewis though.

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 06:17 PM

If defo make him captain now.

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Why?

He's not even third choice captain as it stands but because he's played a load of games for us and been good recently we should make him captain for a big game? Just looks/sounds a bit amateurish and it's why Stubbs won't let it happen.

Baader
15-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Let's just stick with how it is... Stubbs will make the right call anyway - he always does!

Andy74
15-03-2015, 06:59 PM
He's not even third choice captain as it stands but because he's played a load of games for us and been good recently we should make him captain for a big game? Just looks/sounds a bit amateurish and it's why Stubbs won't let it happen.

He allowed it for his 250th game.

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2015, 07:12 PM
He allowed it for his 250th game.

Which was a game uniquely special to Lewis.

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 08:12 PM

He's been good for us for a long time not just recently so that's nonsense. Folk seem to think Lewis has magically turned into a player! Sorry but he's always been a player he's just had utter dross around him.

Andy74
15-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Which was a game uniquely special to Lewis.

It was a cup game and the other players were playing too. It was just a nice gesture to mark an occasion for him.

Things didn't fall apart as far as I'm aware.

The club could take the view that this game also has more significance and would mean more to Stevevson to lead the team out above anyone else.

I wouldn't start a campaign or anything but I'd support the idea if it came to it.

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2015, 08:44 PM
I think Pat Stanton should captain us in the final. Imagine his wee face when we tell him!

HibbyAndy
15-03-2015, 08:48 PM
I think Pat Stanton should captain us in the final. Imagine his wee face when we tell him!

He's no a one man club though like LS.

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2015, 08:48 PM
He's been good for us for a long time not just recently so that's nonsense. Folk seem to think Lewis has magically turned into a player! Sorry but he's always been a player he's just had utter dross around him.

Why wasn't he captain in the last final? Can't remember folk shouting for it then?

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Why wasn't he captain in the last final? Can't remember folk shouting for it then?

No idea? How did we get on last final with whoever was captain??

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Has any other club in the UK ever swapped captain for a final just because it was a nice thing to do?

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2015, 08:50 PM
No idea? How did we get on last final with whoever was captain??

We got beat? If we make him captain are we guaranteed to win?

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2015, 08:51 PM
He's no a one man club though like LS.

:hilarious

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 08:51 PM
We got beat? If we make him captain are we guaranteed to win?

Nope but as we keep getting beat what's the big deal if he is captain?

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Nope but as we keep getting beat what's the big deal if he is captain?

It amazes me that you think making someone captain for a final makes sense. Ask your mates that are in the game what they'd think of this idea.

Thecat23
15-03-2015, 08:53 PM
It amazes me that you think making someone captain for a final makes sense. Ask your mates that are in the game what they'd think of this idea.

They may agree with you, for the record I think he should be captain now and for the rest of the season not just the final. Why because he's a great example of how to be a pro and never give up until the final whistle blows!

ancient hibee
15-03-2015, 08:58 PM

Does it matter who is captain.In Dave MacKay's obituary it said he captained Hearts to their first LC win-he didn't it was Bobby Parker;it said he captained Hearts to their SC win-he didn't it was Freddie Glidden;it said he captained Spurs to their Euro win-he didn't it was Danny Blanchflower.However everyone knows who was the leader of these teams whether he was captain or not.

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Does it matter who is captain.In Dave MacKay's obituary it said he captained Hearts to their first LC win-he didn't it was Bobby Parker;it said he captained Hearts to their SC win-he didn't it was Freddie Glidden;it said he captained Spurs to their Euro win-he didn't it was Danny Blanchflower.However everyone knows who was the leader of these teams whether he was captain or not.

Let's not have one at all then?

Andy74
15-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Let's not have one at all then?

I think we are getting to the point now.

The role of captain these days is basically one that comes with some added off field stuff.

on the day it's a largely a presentational thing.

In a one off game it therefore makes some sense to make it something that has some added significance. I think it would be something the squad woukd fully support and appreciate. Gray and everyone else can still lead in their own usual way.

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2015, 09:09 PM
It was a cup game and the other players were playing too. It was just a nice gesture to mark an occasion for him.

Things didn't fall apart as far as I'm aware.

The club could take the view that this game also has more significance and would mean more to Stevevson to lead the team out above anyone else.

I wouldn't start a campaign or anything but I'd support the idea if it came to it.

Cup game or not it was of unique significance to Lewis to mark a milestone in his career hence the gesture. If we get to the cup final it would be a snub to our captain or his vice to take the armband away from them to give it to Lewis on a special occasion for everyone. It's a daft idea and won't happen, I also suspect that Lewis would not allow it to happen if suggested.

Andy74
15-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Cup game or not it was of unique significance to Lewis to mark a milestone in his career hence the gesture. If we get to the cup final it would be a snub to our captain or his vice to take the armband away from them to give it to Lewis on a special occasion for everyone. It's a daft idea and won't happen, I also suspect that Lewis would not allow it to happen if suggested.

We've had a few captains this year. Craig and Gray have been in and out. Stevenson has ha a shot. Fontaine too I think.

It's not as if we have a true captain of the club who will be expecting to be carrying out that duty regardless.

3pm
15-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Lewis was written off as pish not so long ago but he's now being touted to lead us out in the cup final.....that we haven't even qualified for.

Potential 'thread of the year' candidate on the PM board this.

I still think it's a piss take though.

HoboHarry
15-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Lewis was written off as pish not so long ago but he's now being touted to lead us out in the cup final.....that we haven't even qualified for.

Potential 'thread of the year' candidate on the PM board this.

I still think it's a piss take though.
Not by me he wasn't. That said, the concept of changing a captain for a final is still daft.....

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2015, 09:25 PM
We've had a few captains this year. Craig and Gray have been in and out. Stevenson has ha a shot. Fontaine too I think.

It's not as if we have a true captain of the club who will be expecting to be carrying out that duty regardless.

Wrong, we have a club captain and a vice captain. And changing the captain outside that regime for a cup final is plain daft unless either are not on the pitch.

3pm
15-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Not by me he wasn't.

No offence mate but I suspect the majority will say the same!

HoboHarry
15-03-2015, 09:28 PM
No offence mate but I suspect the majority will say the same!
Find a quote from me with a derogatory comment about the wee man and I will pay for your season ticket next season.

3pm
15-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Find a quote from me with a derogatory comment about the wee man and I will pay for your season ticket next season.

I don't disbelieve you.

lord bunberry
16-03-2015, 09:01 AM
I think we are getting to the point now.

The role of captain these days is basically one that comes with some added off field stuff.

on the day it's a largely a presentational thing.

In a one off game it therefore makes some sense to make it something that has some added significance. I think it would be something the squad woukd fully support and appreciate. Gray and everyone else can still lead in their own usual way.
I agree that the for the fans the captain's role isn't that important, but I'm not sure the players see it the same way. I would imagine it's quite an honour to be given the armband and something they wouldn't give up lightly.

Bad Martini
16-03-2015, 01:07 PM
We shouldnt piss about with something that works for a final or any other game.

However, in MY opinion, Stevenson would be a better (permanent, not just one game/token gesture) captain than Craig.

Equally, I reckon Gray is a better captain than both.

Err, ENDOF for me. :aok:

heretoday
16-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Gray would make a good captain.

FranckSuzy
16-03-2015, 01:41 PM
I'd rather just leave the decision of who should be captain up to AS, since he is paid to do the job and sees the players day in, day out :aok:

frazeHFC
16-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Doesn't matter if he's captain or not. Whoever is captain will let him lift it with them, saw it in my dream. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Doesn't matter if he's captain or not. Whoever is captain will let him lift it with them, saw it in my dream. :agree:

We've already got a job share with Craig and Gray on the go. Imagine 3 of them trying to squeeze round it to lift it!

What a farce that'd be - just like we made an arse of it in 91 and 07 we're trying to engineer another!

Thecat23
16-03-2015, 03:33 PM
We've already got a job share with Craig and Gray on the go. Imagine 3 of them trying to squeeze round it to lift it!

What a farce that'd be - just like we made an arse of it in 91 and 07 we're trying to engineer another!

Many teams have 2 or three round a cup when lifting it. We certainly didn't "make an arse of it" in 91/07 😂

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Many teams have 2 or three round a cup when lifting it. We certainly didn't "make an arse of it" in 91/07 😂

Aye we did. Murdo pissed off with the cup in 91 and didn't pass it back then we done the wait til everyone's up on the podium before 2 of us lift it in 07.

I'd like (in fact love!) to see the traditional one captain lifting then passing down the line this year please.

Northern Hibby
16-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Hollywood: Lewis is made captain for the Day Scores the winner and lifts the cup :cb

Real life: We win the cup doing what we have been doing , but we let the longest serving Mr Hibs (Lewis lift the cup) The Cheer would be phenomenal (although it would be already) :agree:

Billy Whizz
16-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Can someone remind me of the circumstances, of why Rob Jones and Scott Brown shared the lifting of the CIS cup in 2007?

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Can someone remind me of the circumstances, of why Rob Jones and Scott Brown shared the lifting of the CIS cup in 2007?

I don't know if we were told? Just know I don't think the captain(s) going up last is the same.

Jonnyboy
16-03-2015, 07:34 PM
How about we wait and see if we actually reach the final? Too many taking at as a given.