PDA

View Full Version : Mcall doesn't make the difference

worcesterhibby
14-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Interesting to compare the stats between Hibs v Livi and Rangers v Livi matches just 3 days apart

RANGERS V LIVI

Possession - Rangers 52% Livingstone 48%

Shots - Rangers 9 Livi 8

On Target - Rangers 3 Livi 3

Score 1-1

HIBS V LIVI

Possession - Hibs 62% Livi 38%

Shots - Hibs 12 Livi 2

On Target - Hibs 6 Livi 1

Score 2-1

They are crap and Mcall has a huge amount of work to do.

KeithTheHibby
14-03-2015, 04:20 PM
You would think they would be able to kick on in games when they take the lead however it's clear it's harder to do when your team is as pish as the huns.

SlickShoes
14-03-2015, 04:22 PM
We need to be fully up for it and professional about the game next weekend, they still have a decent squad of players regardless of how crap they are and we need to dispatch them in clinical fashion and continue our good run of form, huge game.

SaulGoodman
14-03-2015, 04:26 PM
We need to be fully up for it and professional about the game next weekend, they still have a decent squad of players regardless of how crap they are and we need to dispatch them in clinical fashion and continue our good run of form, huge game.

:agree:

McCall has only been there two days, was never going to make a difference that quick. Reckon Rangers will be right up for it next week.

However I still believe we have a much better squad high on confidence. I think we'll win and fully trust the management team to not allow the squad to get complacent.

greenlex
14-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Lets hope Alloa take something midweek too. :agree:

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 04:32 PM
McCall will be judged at the end of the season. Not after 1 game. I still think they will get better in the coming weeks.

ancient hibee
14-03-2015, 04:36 PM
McCall will be judged at the end of the season. Not after 1 game. I still think they will get better in the coming weeks.

I don't.They are now coming up to a series of games against the better teams I think.

14-03-2015, 04:38 PM
I thought that McCall would have come in and gave them a much needed lift. If he did then hopefully todays result has crushed it and the poor morale continues.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 04:40 PM
I don't.They are now coming up to a series of games against the better teams I think.

Lets hope for a few injuries and red cards in midweek and of course hope Alloa take something from the game.

Deansy
14-03-2015, 04:40 PM

Agreed - up for it and professional 100% !. Has the referee been announced or is this THE game where the GFA play their 'Ace-up-their-sleeve' and appoint Craig Thomson ???

Phil D. Rolls
14-03-2015, 04:41 PM

I think they are unfit, and there is no quick fix for that.

What we have to remember is that a point is no use to them against us. all we need to do is draw. That said, I think we should do them again next week.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Agreed - up for it and professional 100% !. Has the referee been announced or is this THE game where the GFA play their 'Ace-up-their-sleeve' and appoint Craig Thomson ???

Can't see it. Collum or Madden is my prediction.

ancient hibee
14-03-2015, 04:43 PM
I thought that McCall would have come in and gave them a much needed lift. If he did then hopefully todays result has crushed it and the poor morale continues.

Maybe he did-they hung on for a draw after all.

Sylar
14-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Livingston's first ever point at Ibrox :greengrin

Pete
14-03-2015, 05:06 PM
A lot of times managers come in and have an instant impact by improving players confidence and bringing a freshness to the club. Not happened.

The club is rotten and he won't have time to turn it around.

lord bunberry
14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
At this rate they're not going to make the playoffs. People might laugh at that suggestion, but it was unthinkable that they wouldn't be in the top 2 at the start of the season. They're just a team in freefall and like any other team in freefall you struggle to see were their next win is coming from.

TowerHibs
14-03-2015, 05:16 PM
At this rate they're not going to make the playoffs. People might laugh at that suggestion, but it was unthinkable that they wouldn't be in the top 2 at the start of the season. They're just a team in freefall and like any other team in freefall you struggle to see were their next win is coming from.
You sound like you talking from experience....

lord bunberry
14-03-2015, 05:18 PM
You sound like you talking from experience....
We're experts in that particular field

Hibby Bairn
14-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Most of their players will know their contracts won't be getting renewed at end of season so they increasingly won't give a flying ****. And they will also start to watch themselves for injuries.

Onion
14-03-2015, 05:19 PM

You'd definitely be looking for 3 points and a decent performance from the Huns today, playing the worst team in the league at home. Does it get any easier than that ?

Doesn't matter how much the weegie media try to convince themselves and the Hun Hoards, they're a poor team on a poor run and it will take a lot more than wishful thinking to turn that lot around. Lovin' it :greengrin

Ozyhibby
14-03-2015, 05:24 PM
I think they are unfit, and there is no quick fix for that.

What we have to remember is that a point is no use to them against us. all we need to do is draw. That said, I think we should do them again next week.

Can't be done mid season without risking lots of injuries. They are like we were under Butcher. If McCall can even steady the ship and get 3rd or 4th he will have done a decent job.

snooky
14-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Livingston had 4 players booked. Rangers none.
Anybody see this game and can comment on the bookings? :dunno:

portyhibernian
14-03-2015, 05:35 PM
I think it's too late for McCall to make significant steps forward there this season, he's stuck with a squad devoid of any quality or confidence and as we know too well it's hard to get out of the kind of rut they're stuck in.

ekhibee
14-03-2015, 05:39 PM
I would laugh my head off if they didn't make the play-offs. They do look a really poor team at the moment, and a new manager doesn't seem to have improved their morale, at the moment anyway. I think they're still to play Hearts twice, us and Falkirk once each, and maybe QOS as well. First they've got to conquer Alloa though :greengrin

MSK
14-03-2015, 05:40 PM
I wonder if McCall got the same boo boy treatment at the final whistle as McDowall got ...or a standing ovation for securing a point against the mighty Livvy ....

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Ref gave 11 minutes injury time apparently :confused:

The_Exile
14-03-2015, 06:13 PM
I think their fortunes depends on what approach McCall takes, softly softly isn't gonna do them any favours against us next week mind you!

Sergey
14-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Ref gave 11 minutes injury time apparently :confused:

Don't know where you saw that. I watched the 2nd half and there was five minutes played. Admittedly, there could have been 11 minutes played as Livi time-wasted for most of the 2nd half.

number9dream
14-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Vuckic is their only real danger at the moment. Did the compliance officer miss his recent off-the-ball assault?
I'm pretty confident our midfield can pass rings round them next weekend...

lord bunberry
14-03-2015, 06:27 PM
I think their fortunes depends on what approach McCall takes, softly softly isn't gonna do them any favours against us next week mind you!
I think he should tell them all that they aren't good enough and that they won't be at the club next season. It's what all good managers do:greengrin

Deansy
14-03-2015, 06:34 PM
You'd definitely be looking for 3 points and a decent performance from the Huns today, playing the worst team in the league at home. Does it get any easier than that ?

Doesn't matter how much the weegie media try to convince themselves and the Hun Hoards, they're a poor team on a poor run and it will take a lot more than wishful thinking to turn that lot around. Lovin' it :greengrin

Sorry but I disagree - for the first time since Lawrence Marlborough's money transformed them, they are actually a club that's 'Playing within it's means' - ALMOST !. They still need to shave at least half of the current lot to reflect their true financial capabilities and if the SFA adhere to UEFA's 'Financial Fair-Play' rules, then the future of Scottish Football WOULD look good - sadly, what's the chances of SFA doing that !!

P.s - Probably the same chances as the Hun NOT cheating this time, either ......................................

hibsbollah
14-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Does anyone seriously think the powers involved will let The Rangers miss the playoffs?

We are about to see a deluge of bias and corruption from our friends in black.

The_Exile
14-03-2015, 06:40 PM
I think he should tell them all that they aren't good enough and that they won't be at the club next season. It's what all good managers do:greengrin

:greengrin Old skool management page 1.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-03-2015, 06:52 PM
The The Rangers need to win next week. An absolute must. We could live, with not getting beat.

Aldo
14-03-2015, 06:58 PM
The The Rangers need to win next week. An absolute must. We could live, with not getting beat.

This but play to our potential, stay disciplined, work harped as a team and we will do ok IMHO.

At this moment in time anyone in our team can score we are not just relying on our strikers.

Going to be a cracking game next weekend!!

Viva_Palmeiras
14-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Much the same story in terms of approach as us earlier in the season - stay in the frame for the playoff - even it its 4th spot - and aim to peak in the playoffs. The only added dimension with them is the corruption factor.

ekhibee
14-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Vuckic is their only real danger at the moment. Did the compliance officer miss his recent off-the-ball assault?
I'm pretty confident our midfield can pass rings round them next weekend...
Yeh, but I wonder how long he's going to be there? I mean the person that brought him up here is more than likely going to ask for his money back and send the players back to Newcastle too.

Vini1875
14-03-2015, 08:45 PM
We can laugh all we like this weekend, but be sure the huns will be up for the game next week and look to bully us. We need to be right up for it and put the game to bed quick style. I hope we completely demoralise them.

Frazerbob
14-03-2015, 08:49 PM
It's a bonus that they have a game mid-week. Gives McCall less time to work on them on the training ground.

TrinityHibs
14-03-2015, 08:50 PM
I think you're all being a bit harsh. The McCall revolution started with a point won. That's one more than they were expecting. With a bit of luck, a few decisions from the refs and a slim line Kris Boyd scoring another goal they have a good chance of achieving top six.

ekhibee
14-03-2015, 09:46 PM
I think you're all being a bit harsh. The McCall revolution started with a point won. That's one more than they were expecting. With a bit of luck, a few decisions from the refs and a slim line Kris Boyd scoring another goal they have a good chance of achieving top six.
:thumbsup:

Andy74
14-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Does anyone seriously think the powers involved will let The Rangers miss the playoffs?

By all accounts its in our hands though so nowt to worry about 😉

hibees 7062
14-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Came across this comment from a Sevco fan. Happy to spend another season in Championship on you go.....
Boys and girls let us be honest if we go up through the play offs then we are going straight back down with only a few changes in players. If we do not get promoted then we will have the time to replace all these lame so called players. Let us be happy and stay another season in the championship and go up next season as winners with a better team and a better chance of staying up. IMO.:greengrin

truehibernian
14-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Saw Andrew Dallas was wearing his dad's watch today....surely the compliance officer will look at The Rangers playing with 12 men for 96 minutes ?

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 10:37 PM
I'm actually quite glad in a way that they might have fresh impetus - means that we need to remain focused, not only next week but also for the remainder of the season, where momentum going into the play offs will be crucial. Even more so now that it looks like 11th place will be keenly contested in the SPL.

I thought they would do better today - but I do think McCall will make a positive difference for them.

hibees 7062
14-03-2015, 10:40 PM
I'm actually quite glad in a way that they might have fresh impetus - means that we need to remain focused, not only next week but also for the remainder of the season, where momentum going into the play offs will be crucial. Even more so now that it looks like 11th place will be keenly contested in the SPL.

I thought they would do better today - but I do think McCall will make a positive difference for them.

I think they will be strong in the playoffs

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 10:43 PM
I think they will be strong in the playoffs

I think so. And although it obviously didn't help today, the fact that the supporters are back on side and will like their current manager is bound to make some sort of difference.

I'm not worried at all though - we have better players, a better team spirit and better momentum. The play offs will be incredibly hard whoever we face and regardless of whether we finish second or not.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Oooooh the Sevco are pish!!!

Matty_Jack04
14-03-2015, 11:25 PM

This is what worries me

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 11:29 PM
This is what worries me

Have they really been the beneficiaries of many dodgy decisions this year? Nothing springs to mind at the moment. Not worried about that in the slightest.

hibees 7062
14-03-2015, 11:30 PM
I think so. And although it obviously didn't help today, the fact that the supporters are back on side and will like their current manager is bound to make some sort of difference.

I'm not worried at all though - we have better players, a better team spirit and better momentum. The play offs will be incredibly hard whoever we face and regardless of whether we finish second or not.

Exactly , they'll be a completely different team by then

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 11:30 PM
This is what worries me

I dont buy that. Never happened today! Seemingly that Faure went off injured after a shocker of a tackle, no punishment for the livvy player. On Rangers media it says the boy Faure was punching the ground and actually crying. Must have known he was injured and just as a new manager comes in as well!!

poolman
15-03-2015, 12:12 AM
This but play to our potential, stay disciplined, work harped as a team and we will do ok IMHO.

At this moment in time anyone in our team can score we are not just relying on our strikers.

Would we swap any of our players with their's

poolman
15-03-2015, 12:16 AM

In what way ?

They can't go on the park and play for them

Keith_M
15-03-2015, 07:22 AM

They liked McCoist and that didn't help much.

I still can't believe they gave Sleeky Ally a standing ovation at the (E)GM

Ronniekirk
15-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Saw Andrew Dallas was wearing his dad's watch today....surely the compliance officer will look at The Rangers playing with 12 men for 96 minutes ?
Heard someone mention this last night ,they thought it was
about 8 minutes But even six is a long time was there an incident that play was stopped for several minutes as otherwise hard to see where you would get six miners from

Jack Hackett
15-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Heard someone mention this last night ,they thought it was
about 8 minutes But even six is a long time was there an incident that play was stopped for several minutes as otherwise hard to see where you would get six miners from

I think there's still a few in Yorkshire :greengrin

lord bunberry
15-03-2015, 09:37 AM
They liked McCoist and that didn't help much.

I still can't believe they gave Sleeky Ally a standing ovation at the (E)GM
They were clear in 2nd under McCoist and still had hopes off winning the league.

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2015, 09:39 AM
We can laugh all we like this weekend, but be sure the huns will be up for the game next week and look to bully us. We need to be right up for it and put the game to bed quick style. I hope we completely demoralise them.

All we need to do is draw. I hope for a victory, it would completely destroy them.

Have they really been the beneficiaries of many dodgy decisions this year? Nothing springs to mind at the moment. Not worried about that in the slightest.

Just means they've been saving them up in the bank, for when they really need them.

Ronniekirk
15-03-2015, 09:40 AM
I did think the presence of a new manager would lift them enough to beat the team at the bottom of the leauge at home ,maybe I have underestimated how poor they have become under McDowall .
McCall has a Dilema as he been brought in temporarily to try and win them promotion ,although Tom English suggesting they will keep him on in some capacity ,but there can be no guarantee ,like when Stubbs first came in he may need three or four weeks to start shaping the team and trying to get them playing the way he wants them to ,but he doesn't have the luxury of experimenting as he is expected to win and if he keeps chopping and changing players and that doesn't work then he could quickly find it hard to keep the players motivation and self belief . Haven't seen what the team was to know what other options he has Motherwell were on the slode when he decided he needed to chuck it so he may not be the right guy at this time for them ,although surely he can't be as poor as McDowell .Walter Smith has offered to work for nothing sp wouldn't surprise me if that was there next move if they are that desparate .

It certainly makes our game with them worth going to Let's aim for a Sell Out and back the Team
l

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2015, 09:45 AM
I did think the presence of a new manager would lift them enough to beat the team at the bottom of the leauge at home ,maybe I have underestimated how poor they have become under McDowall .
McCall has a Dilema as he been brought in temporarily to try and win them promotion ,although Tom English suggesting they will keep him on in some capacity ,but there can be no guarantee ,like when Stubbs first came in he may need three or four weeks to start shaping the team and trying to get them playing the way he wants them to ,but he doesn't have the luxury of experimenting as he is expected to win and if he keeps chopping and changing players and that doesn't work then he could quickly find it hard to keep the players motivation and self belief . Haven't seen what the team was to know what other options he has Motherwell were on the slode when he decided he needed to chuck it so he may not be the right guy at this time for them ,although surely he can't be as poor as McDowell .Walter Smith has offered to work for nothing sp wouldn't surprise me if that was there next move if they are that desparate .

It certainly makes our game with them worth going to Let's aim for a Sell Out and back the Team
l

He really is an odious, cynical man. How the media can portray him as being a man of impeccable morals is beyond me.

Hanging about like a vulture, waiting to get his beak into the carcass of the club he claims to love.

Ronniekirk
15-03-2015, 09:51 AM
I think there's still a few in Yorkshire :greengrin
Well there's cetainly not many left in Scotland :wink: should obviously been minutes not miners but they are the Pitts so not going to change it

Ronniekirk
15-03-2015, 09:54 AM

Am getting greedy Aldo I want to beat them again ,not fussed about performance but it would be nice to be able to play good football and win . Think now we are on a roll we want to keep that momentum going

BoomtownHibees
15-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Don't know where you saw that. I watched the 2nd half and there was five minutes played. Admittedly, there could have been 11 minutes played as Livi time-wasted for most of the 2nd half.

The 11/12 minutes comes from folk watching the score on the likes of 'LiveScore'. They always just take the start time as 3 o'clock and the 2nd half 4 o'clock not taking any delays in to account.

The_Horde
15-03-2015, 10:05 AM
McCall said on the BBC he doesn't expect the other four Newcastle loanees to ever kick a ball for them.

Link here..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31895075

Aldo
15-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Would we swap any of our players with their's

Nope!!

Aldo
15-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Am getting greedy Aldo I want to beat them again ,not fussed about performance but it would be nice to be able to play good football and win . Think now we are on a roll we want to keep that momentum going

Ronnie couldn't agree more. They will not be looking forward to coming to ER next weekend but I'm looking forward to it.

We are at the business end of the season and yes any sort of win will do.

Can't get complaint, be confident and play to our potential and we will be fine.

Hermit Crab
15-03-2015, 10:38 AM
McCall said on the BBC he doesn't expect the other four Newcastle loanees to ever kick a ball for them.

Link here..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31895075

I knew that Faure had went off injuried but that vukic as well! I wonder if either will make the game next Sunday. That vukic is by far their best player and he's only on loan.

caithnesshibee
15-03-2015, 10:57 AM
Chick Young was on the radio as pitch side reporter at Ibrox yesterday (just for a change) and he was literally salivating over the Rangers performance. What a difference under MCall in this first 11 mins. Yep must be true. Ft 1-1 with Livingston.

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Chick Young was on the radio as pitch side reporter at Ibrox yesterday (just for a change) and he was literally salivating over the Rangers performance. What a difference under MCall in this first 11 mins. Yep must be true. Ft 1-1 with Livingston.

Did he mention how good it was to see a full house again?

Holmesdale Hibs
15-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Let's wait until the end of the season before judging McCall. It wasn't that long ago we wanted him at Easter Road and one draw doesn't mean anything. We all laugh at how ***** The Rangers are, and yes we've played them of the park twice this season, but at the end of the day they will only be 1 point behind us if they win their games in hand.

The Rangers still have some decent players and combine that with their tendency to get dodgy penalties, they'll remain a real threat until they're knocked out the playoffs.

Iain G
15-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Let's wait until the end of the season before judging McCall. It wasn't that long ago we wanted him at Easter Road and one draw doesn't mean anything. We all laugh at how ***** The Rangers are, and yes we've played them of the park twice this season, but at the end of the day they will only be 1 point behind us if they win their games in hand.

The Rangers still have some decent players and combine that with their tendency to get dodgy penalties, they'll remain a real threat until they're knocked out the playoffs.

Wasnt that long ago a whole bunch of us wanted Terry Butcher at Easter Road either ;-)

ancient hibee
15-03-2015, 07:38 PM
It's important not to let them get anything next week-we want them dreading the play offs.

AlbertK86
15-03-2015, 08:41 PM

Black should have been off at ER when we beat them 4 zip

Same game Fatty Boyd committed 3 OTT fouls as soon as he came on within about 30 seconds including a vicious elbow on Liam Craig and wasn't even spoken to.

There were other bad ref calls to their favour that day.

Didn't matter on the day as we absolutely destroyed them but expect more of the same Sunday and for remainder of season

Stevie Reid
15-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Black should have been off at ER when we beat them 4 zip

Same game Fatty Boyd committed 3 OTT fouls as soon as he came on within about 30 seconds including a vicious elbow on Liam Craig and wasn't even spoken to.

There were other bad ref calls to their favour that day.

Didn't matter on the day as we absolutely destroyed them but expect more of the same Sunday and for remainder of season

I remember the Black and Boyd incidents, certainly. However, they were denied a penalty at Ibrox just before we scored the second goal when we last played.

I certainly don't worry about referees doing them favours.

joebakerforever
15-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Expect McCall will encourage a no holds barred approach on Sunday.

Although he was praised for his results at Motherwell, I always thought the likes of Lasley, McManus, and especially Shaun Hutchison, regularly indulged in dirty tackling which McCall appeared to condone.

lord bunberry
16-03-2015, 08:17 AM
I remember the Black and Boyd incidents, certainly. However, they were denied a penalty at Ibrox just before we scored the second goal when we last played.

I certainly don't worry about referees doing them favours.
Neither do I. If they're going to get any help from the authorities it will be through league reconstruction

Greenworld
16-03-2015, 10:30 AM
League reconstruction makes to much sense

Geo_1875
16-03-2015, 10:43 AM
League reconstruction makes to much sense

Especially if they have to promote 6 teams to get The Rangers back to their rightful place.

Greenworld
16-03-2015, 10:45 AM
6 teams would be good hearts..hibs..queens..Falkirk...raith...rangers..

Springbank
16-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Let's get a full house in the three home stands

Roar this team to four wins from four v them

Our lads deserve it

Bad Martini
16-03-2015, 11:49 AM
If/when we beat them (again) do we get to keep them this time? :greengrin

Dont get me wrong, it'd be akin to keeping a golf ball sized wart on yer erse but all the same, the question remains :cb:greengrin

I'll settle for any kind of win this time. Four times in one season? Man, thats the **** dreams are made of. Then again, they're just a pubbbbbb team faee govvvvvvv-an........:aok:

mim
16-03-2015, 12:21 PM
If/when we beat them (again) do we get to keep them this time? :greengrin

Dont get me wrong, it'd be akin to keeping a golf ball sized wart on yer erse but all the same, the question remains :cb:greengrin

I'll settle for any kind of win this time. Four times in one season? Man, thats the **** dreams are made of. Then again, they're just a pubbbbbb team faee govvvvvvv-an........:aok:

Unfortunately beating them 4 times probably won't be enough. 6 times will tho

oneone73
17-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Unfortunately beating them 4 times probably won't be enough. 6 times will tho

5 times and a draw would do!

jacomo
17-03-2015, 12:08 PM
5 times and a draw would do!

4 times and seeing them finish below Falkirk and QoS, dropping out of the play offs altogether, would be my preferred outcome.

hibsbollah
22-03-2015, 01:55 PM

:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Bet the op is feeling a bit sheepish now.

Mikey
22-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Bet the op is feeling a bit sheepish now.

The OP seems a pretty reasonable observation of two games over a 3 day period. What's your problem this time?

Hermit Crab
22-03-2015, 04:22 PM
The OP seems a pretty reasonable observation of two games over a 3 day period. What's your problem this time?

No problem, McCall will and has made a difference to that team. They will get better and will be very difficult to beat them in a playoff.

DH1875
22-03-2015, 09:17 PM
No problem, McCall will and has made a difference to that team. They will get better and will be very difficult to beat them in a playoff.

McCall didnt beat us today. Wee beat ourselves. They are a p poor team and hopefully today is warning of what could happen in the playoffs and if we drop our standers.

doobydog
22-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Definitely made difference today

sh00byd00
23-03-2015, 08:41 AM
McCall didnt beat us today. Wee beat ourselves. They are a p poor team and hopefully today is warning of what could happen in the playoffs and if we drop our standers.

I don't get this sort of mentality. The only way some people accept a defeat is by saying it's because their own team played poorly and can't possibly be because the opposition made us play *****. I think we got beat because McCall got his tactics spot on. I have no doubt whatsoever had that been one of their previous managers, we'd have won today. It's like playing Hearts, if we win is it because Hearts just had an off day or because we were the better team and had the better tactics on the day?

With the proper manager, Sevco do have a squad of players that should be every bit our equal if not better.

ekhibee
24-03-2015, 10:12 AM
I don't get this sort of mentality. The only way some people accept a defeat is by saying it's because their own team played poorly and can't possibly be because the opposition made us play *****. I think we got beat because McCall got his tactics spot on. I have no doubt whatsoever had that been one of their previous managers, we'd have won today. It's like playing Hearts, if we win is it because Hearts just had an off day or because we were the better team and had the better tactics on the day?

With the proper manager, Sevco do have a squad of players that should be every bit our equal if not better.
At the start of the season I would have agreed with you, but far too many of these players are over the hill or not playing well. Miller, Boyd,Daley, still look a waste of money these days, particularly considering Sevco's dodgy financial position. McCulloch's just pish anyway.