PDA

View Full Version : 1 defeat in last 27 games

California-Hibs
14-03-2015, 03:41 PM
This need's highlighted, regardless of this league, regardless of Hearts run etc. Our form is currently absolutely superb, theres certainly no 'winter slump' that's happened at Hibs this year!

Let's keep this run going all the way to the end, starting with continuing our dominance over The Rangers next Sunday!

C'mon the Hibs!!

gaz1875
14-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Fantastic stat...c'mon stay at home fans get behind your team!!!!!!

:flag:

CRAZYHIBBY
14-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Simply not good enough imo

SaulGoodman
14-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Simply not good enough imo

:agree: Butcher out

Andy74
14-03-2015, 03:57 PM
That one was a travesty too.

HibbyAndy
14-03-2015, 04:01 PM
That one was a travesty too.
:agree:

Mugged by a complete and utter pishy goal in last kick of the baw.

worcesterhibby
14-03-2015, 04:09 PM
And have you noticed Rangers last 8 games…..one win..3 defeats and 3 draws…out of the six league matches they have picked up 7 points out of a possible 18….rubbish.

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2015, 04:13 PM
Nice form. The one that stands out is that defeat at Falkirk, which was the worst game in recent memory.

We need to keep it going as McCall will be a good appointment for Rangers and get them finishing strongly. Whatever happens between now and then, I'm thinking that the play-off games could be epic.

hibbybrian
14-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Nice form. The one that stands out is that defeat at Falkirk, which was the worst game in recent memory.

I'm thinking that the play-off games could be epic.

I'm hoping that Hibs play-off games will be few as hopefully we'll have a cup final to play :greengrin

djs69
14-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Stubbs must go, a defeat?!?!

California-Hibs
14-03-2015, 05:38 PM
We have to get the attendances up at Easter Road, this team deserves it big time!

nonshinyfinish
14-03-2015, 05:49 PM
last 8 games…..one win..3 defeats and 3 draws

:hmmm:

worcesterhibby
14-03-2015, 06:07 PM
:hmmm:

Oops sorry four draws, three defeats, one win

Pretty Boy
14-03-2015, 06:10 PM
That's a fantastic statistic by any standards. If only we could have got Stubbs et al in a couple of weeks earlier.....

Alfred E Newman
14-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Stubbs must go, a defeat?!?!

Nonsense. It's Petrie to blame!:taxi

Eyrie
14-03-2015, 06:24 PM
That's a fantastic statistic by any standards. If only we fould have got Stubbs et al in a couple of weeks earlier.....

Nonsense. It's Petrie to blame!:taxi

The above makes sense.

Scottie
14-03-2015, 06:27 PM
That's a fantastic statistic by any standards. If only we fould have got Stubbs et al in a couple of weeks earlier.....
:agree: Doing a fantastic job PB started the season with both arms and legs tied behind himself.

Hibs are only going in one direction under AS and this is up. :flag:

pontius pilate
14-03-2015, 06:32 PM
My main worry is what hapoens in the summer and whose head gets turned. Would love to get everyone connected with the playing staff tied up on longer deals wven craig could be worth a years extension i know he isnt everyone's cup of tea but as a squad plauer he will do. Amazing what a good and proper structure can and does achieve.

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
14-03-2015, 06:49 PM
It's like a different team. I'm expecting to win every game now, when only a few months ago I entered every game nervously. Stubbs deserves all the praise going.

The_Exile
14-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Watch this place go into complete meltdown if/when we drop points :greengrin

Onion
14-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Watch this place go into complete meltdown if/when we drop points :greengrin

Probably right, but there's something strange going on down at ER. Not sure what the **** is happening but we seem to be winning matches that matter and getting stronger rather than collapsing into a sorry heap. Who can explain it ? WTF is going on ?

thebakerboy
14-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Probably right, but there's something strange going on down at ER. Not sure what the **** is happening but we seem to be winning matches that matter and getting stronger rather than collapsing into a sorry heap. Who can explain it ? WTF is going on ?

Who cares just enjoy the moment and long may it last.

jane_says
14-03-2015, 07:38 PM
We have to get the attendances up at Easter Road, this team deserves it big time!

Absolutely correct.

edwards
14-03-2015, 08:34 PM

I totally agree but there are still a lot of hibs fans out there that won't return on a regular basis while Petrie remains lets hope the rumours are true and he will be off at the end of the season.

bigwheel
14-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Agree. It's a pathetic reason and I don't really believe it.

I suspect the main reason people don't come and watch us these days is that they got out of the habit while we were murder and now they have other things they do with their time.

Bobby's Cinema
14-03-2015, 08:56 PM
I suspect the main reason people don't come and watch us these days is that they got out of the habit while we were murder and now they have other things they do with their time.
Correct. It is also that the anger from all that's gone on at the club under Petrie has still not subsided for alot of people.

However well the team is playing, there are also alot of games in this league that don't feel meaningful. It might be in the grand scheme for second, but not in itself. That is also a problem, and why we must go up

Pretty Boy
14-03-2015, 09:01 PM
Correct. It is also that the anger from all that's gone on at the club under Petrie has still not subsided for alot of people.

However well the team is playing, there are also alot of games in this league that don't feel meaningful. It might be in the grand scheme for second, but not in itself. That is also a problem, and why we must go up

Not aimed at you directly but the 'anger hasn't subsided' argument seems just as uber fannish as those who get criticised for questioning why people don't back the team. 'Ooh I'm so angry at thon Rod if I go near Easter Road I'll spontaneously combust'.

It seems to suggest that those who are still going and backing the team didn't feel the anger and frustration at what happened previously. The quickest way to resolve that is to get promoted asap, the quickets way to do that is to sign the best players, that's done with money, attending games gives the club that money.

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2015, 09:01 PM

I agree. The Petrie thing is an excuse. Most of the group I've gone with for years no longer attend. Practically every one of them will be back if we're in the top flight. For many Hibs fans, being in a lower division is a total embarrassment.

silverhibee
14-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Petrie won't stop me from going to games but he shouldn't be anywhere near our club, we have seen what Leeann has done with the club since taking over in the summer, yes we are in a lower division but things are improving under her and Stubbs stewardship since taking over, but no doubt about it that it is Petries fault we are in this position and he should have been removed by the owner in the summer, he has had years to get it right and has failed miserably in trying to do so with poor manager after poor manager and he should have done the right thing when we got relegated and resigned from the club in the summer and made a public apology to the fans for getting it so wrong.

Now we have someone who will listen to the fans rather than the tache taking the huff when he gets put under pressure.

PETRIE OUT.

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Out of all of our defeats, the derby was tight and could have gone either way, especially if Craig scores the pen; Falkirk at ER was a travesty, and two of the other three were last minute defeats where we should have taken a point.

Sadly, it's testament to how ruthless Hearts have been that they're so far ahead after a record like ours since that defeat to QOS.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 11:10 PM

I think a lot of it may be down to TV games and pricing. £22 for cat B, £28 for cat A for division one football is too expensive and fans are a proving it by not turning up even though the team is winning and playing the best football for years.

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 11:18 PM
I think a lot of it may be down to TV games and pricing. £22 for cat B, £28 for cat A for division one football is too expensive and fans are a proving it by not turning up even though the team is winning and playing the best football for years.

Our incredibly unlikely relegation last season has hurt us in many ways - sadly that is a major one.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Our incredibly unlikely relegation last season has hurt us in many ways - sadly that is a major one.

Of course. Factor that into it as well and you've got full blown meltdown amongst hibs fans young and old.

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Of course. Factor that into it as well and you've got full blown meltdown amongst hibs fans young and old.

Yep. From the moment we lost that last minute goal, to then allowing Butcher to release a whole host of players before he was finally sacked, everything about us was horrible. But hopefully we'll be grateful for the day Stubbs was appointment for years to come.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Yep. From the moment we lost that last minute goal, to then allowing Butcher to release a whole host of players before he was finally sacked, everything about us was horrible. But hopefully we'll be grateful for the day Stubbs was appointment for years to come.

Well, we've still got two chances to be grateful this season. Promotion and cup. You never know!

Stevie Reid
14-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Well, we've still got two chances to be grateful this season. Promotion and cup. You never know!

Indeed. If someone had told me back then that we'd be 20 points behind Hearts and I'd still feel hugely positive about Hibs at this stage of the season, I wouldn't have entertained it for a second!

Hermit Crab
14-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Indeed. If someone had told me back then that we'd be 20 points behind Hearts and I'd still feel hugely positive about Hibs at this stage of the season, I wouldn't have entertained it for a second!

I would have told them to get their head examined!

.Sean.
14-03-2015, 11:48 PM
And with that stat in mind do some folk honestly still think we'll struggle against a rank-rotten and bereft of confidence St Mirren or Ross County in the play-off? This side would easily be top 6 in the SPL.

We'll hammer them in the play-off's, the day I start worrying about a defeat to the likes of those two or Motherwell is the day I'll pack it in. We're going up.

Borderhibbie76
15-03-2015, 07:24 AM
I agree. The Petrie thing is an excuse. Most of the group I've gone with for years no longer attend. Practically every one of them will be back if we're in the top flight. For many Hibs fans, being in a lower division is a total embarrassment.

IMO that is an even bigger excuse than the Petrie one and dare I say yammish thing to say. Far bigger clubs than us have been relegated and whilst i agree it should never have happened, it has and we are where we are. Find some of these excuses for not attending laughable...this is the best Hibs team for at least 7/8 seasons, regardless of what division we are in

lucky
15-03-2015, 08:44 AM
I want Petrie out and I want premiership football but I still go and support my team. The only reasonable excuse is cost the rest are excuses not to go. The Hibs midfield 4 are best we've had in years. I'm loving the ball retention and slick passing movement. A number of Ex Hibbies are in for shock when they go to Hampden and see how well we play

Turkish Green
15-03-2015, 10:38 AM

Correct. Decades ago going to the match at 3 PM on a Saturday was what we did. Nowadays the games are played at odd times all over the weekend to suit TV, more people work shifts and there are so many options for the family man to do with his family at the weekend. Sadly once someone stops going regularly they rarely return on a full time basis. Me included.

As an expat I would previously plan my trips home around the fortnightly home game. Now I find it difficult to sort out travel with 2 home games on the trot followed by a tranche of away games and at varying KO times. I now make do with internet coverage and hopefully catching a live game if the fixture list coincides with my leave cycle AND if Wifie has not planned something as she is apt to do.

Turkish Green
15-03-2015, 11:11 AM
I started this season vey much in the PETRIE OOT camp. My position has not changed BUT credit where credit is due, RP appears to have got it right for once in appointing Leeann and letting her take control of the footballing side.

The difference between how the team is performing now against the first months of the season is night and day. However things could still go all pear shaped as a poor result in the Cup could spill over to the Play-offs but given Hibs current form I cannot see Sevco, QOTS or Falkirk worrying them.

However my main concern is that a humiliating defeat to Celtic in the Cup final will impact on the performance in the Play-off final. If we reach the Play-off final but lose out to Motherwell (say), then it is another year in the Championship along with a likely improving Sevco and St Mirren (say). With this scenario it will be just as difficult next season to win promotion.

However a triumphant win in the Cup (please) will see a buoyant Hibs stroll through the Play-offs.

On the worse case scenario: Another demoralising loss at Hampden, followed by losing in the Play-offs will impact ST sales for another season in the Championship.

Sweet Left Peg
16-03-2015, 12:21 AM
And with that stat in mind do some folk honestly still think we'll struggle against a rank-rotten and bereft of confidence St Mirren or Ross County in the play-off? This side would easily be top 6 in the SPL.

We'll hammer them in the play-off's, the day I start worrying about a defeat to the likes of those two or Motherwell is the day I'll pack it in. We're going up.

I couldn't agree more. We WILL have a chance of going up via the playoffs at the end of the season. I am confident that we will finish second which would give us the advantage of playing two games less to do so. But I think the harder tie would be against the winner of the 3rd/4th playoff rather than the Premiership team, whether that is QotS, the Rangers or Falkirk. We all saw a similar scenario last season with Hamilton but the difference in Hibs since this time last year is enormous and I have to say that I think we will beat whoever we need to and gain promotion after two ties.