PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Unofficial Early Cowdenbeath v Hibs Thread

Carheenlea
14-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Who's all going over to Fife today? Maybe the worst ground in Scotland but not a bad day so far weather wise which should make the experience less of an ordeal. Travelling with a mate over on 12:48 train, couple of pints in The Goth then hopefully on to see another three points racked up. A hood, semi-waterproof coat but bravely leaving brolly at home.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Me + 4
Sunshine expected in the afternoon, but it's to be bitterly cold

Chuck Rhoades
14-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Tickets left in the stand for today?

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2015, 09:48 AM
On the train now, what a bleak, desolate place Fife is! Dull and overcast so far.

mutley
14-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Can't make it today but hoping to listen in from somewhere

silverhibee
14-03-2015, 10:01 AM
I will let Steve start the main match thread, king of guy I am Steve. :greengrin

And he is on a bit of a roll just now but i fear it may come to a end today.

And yes it is Hutchy, :agree: :greengrin

Ronniekirk
14-03-2015, 10:02 AM
On the train now, what a bleak, desolate place Fife is! Dull and overcast so far.
I lived there in my formative and teenage years The area round cowdenbeath ain't great but the East Neauk is totally different so it's not all bleak and desolate ,there is a cultural vibrancy in the east Neauk

Albanian Hibs
14-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Me and my dad heading over in the car about 1pm. He will no doubt be wanting a couple in The Goth pre match. I have not been to Cowdenbeath since our pre match friendly a few years ago but I presume it has not changed 😝

Ronniekirk
14-03-2015, 10:04 AM
I will let Steve start the main match thread, king of guy I am Steve. :greengrin

When did you become King :wink: Thats very noble of you to let one of your subjects start the Matchday Thread

SteveHFC
14-03-2015, 10:05 AM

:thumbsup:

Carheenlea
14-03-2015, 10:07 AM
I lived there in my formative and teenage years The area round cowdenbeath ain't great but the East Neauk is totally different so it's not all bleak and desolate ,there is a cultural vibrancy in the east Neauk

I had a look in an estate agents window in Cowdenbeath last time and the house prices were a real eye opener - a fine big house can be purchased for not a lot of money in comparison to Edinburgh or where I live in Peebles.
As you say, the East Neuk is wonderful, more so when the sun shines.

green&left
14-03-2015, 10:10 AM

PATG behind the goals as per the last game at Central Park.

Ronniekirk
14-03-2015, 10:16 AM
I had a look in an estate agents window in Cowdenbeath last time and the house prices were a real eye opener - a fine big house can be purchased for not a lot of money in comparison to Edinburgh or where I live in Peebles.
As you say, the East Neuk is wonderful, more so when the sun shines.
So egreatfishrestraunts ,beaches and mi
usic from king creosote aka kenny Anderson and the Fence Collective .Some great wee old fisherman so cottages right on the beach in Ellie Enster and Cellardyke .

Billy Whizz
14-03-2015, 10:17 AM

We didn't get any stand tickets

silverhibee
14-03-2015, 10:17 AM
When did you become King :wink: Thats very noble of you to let one of your subjects start the Matchday Thread

As i said Ronnie, it's the kind of guy I am, but Steve needs to put a bit more effort in to starting matchday threads, weather reports just don't do it for some.

I mean, would Steve think to warn the travelling fans of being stabbed in the eye by unruly umbrellas today. :thumbsup:

And the big coat is being rested for today, it refuses point blank to go back to Cowdenbeath. :thumbsup:

More effort Steve and i will check in on your MD thread later.

:flag: :gwa: :flag:

silverhibee
14-03-2015, 10:18 AM
:thumbsup:

Too late, i started it. :greengrin

SteveHFC
14-03-2015, 10:19 AM
As i said Ronnie, it's the kind of guy I am, but Steve needs to put a bit more effort in to starting matchday threads, weather reports just don't do it for some.

I mean, would Steve think to warn the travelling fans of being stabbed in the eye by unruly umbrellas today. :thumbsup:

And the big coat is being rested for today, it refuses point blank to go back to Cowdenbeath. :thumbsup:

:flag: :gwa: :flag:
:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2015, 10:28 AM

I can see why Hermit Crab moved over here now! :-)

GreenLake
14-03-2015, 10:30 AM
The US has daylight saving time a few weeks earlier than the UK. My football circadian rhythms have me wide awake with rock all to watch.

Keith_M
14-03-2015, 10:40 AM

I think we should be given even more info, such as;

Will steve actually stay to the end of the match or does he plan on being in the Pub by half-time, scared off by a wee bit of rain

Hibby70
14-03-2015, 10:43 AM
I presume it has not changed 😝

Not since the industrial revolution anyway

SteveHFC
14-03-2015, 10:44 AM
I think we should be given even more info, such as;

Will steve actually stay to the end of the match or does he plan on being in the Pub by half-time, scared off by a wee bit of rain

;-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2015, 10:58 AM
A few Hibs fans in Wee Jimmie's Bar.

weecounty hibby
14-03-2015, 11:27 AM

Wow, what a cultured refined erudite sophisticated bunch we Hibbies are. A couple of weeks ago it was Alloa that was getting it tight and now its the whole of Fife

Pretty Boy
14-03-2015, 11:34 AM

Love the East Neuk, great area for a walk and stunning when the sun shines.

A lot of folk seem to think all of Fife is like Cowdenbeath, Methil etc but it's not. And it's sad seeing these places as they are now, it's not the people fault that their local economy and culture was badly damaged when the industries that supported them disappeared.

HiBremian
14-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Random Cowdenbeath memory, returning from St J match in Perth during Willie McFarlane era, no motorway, thro Cowden on fans bus, spotted Telegoons on telly in passing shop window. Never understood why I remember that and not the match :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aldo
14-03-2015, 11:40 AM
So egreatfishrestraunts ,beaches and mi usic from king creosote aka kenny Anderson and the Fence Collective .Some great wee old fisherman so cottages right on the beach in Ellie Enster and Cellardyke .

Aye but it's full of Coasties!

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Wow, what a cultured refined erudite sophisticated bunch we Hibbies are. A couple of weeks ago it was Alloa that was getting it tight and now its the whole of Fife

Calm down man. I thought it would be pretty obvious by now that nothing I post should be taken too seriously.

weecounty hibby
14-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Calm down man. I thought it would be pretty obvious by now that nothing I post should be taken too seriously.

Im calm. Cant do smilie things as im an Alloa laddie who is currently sitting in his office in Windygates Fife so technology is a struggle!! I thought the fact that i used words that i had to use a thesaurus to find would have been a clue that i too should not be taken seriously. I mean erudite FFS!!! :-)

Peevemor
14-03-2015, 12:01 PM
:singing: Oh Fife's got everything, just the place for tourists
See the bonny pit bings staundin in a row...

Keith_M
14-03-2015, 12:24 PM

Im calm. Cant do smilie things as im an Alloa laddie who is currently sitting in his office in Windygates Fife so technology is a struggle!! I thought the fact that i used words that i had to use a thesaurus to find would have been a clue that i too should not be taken seriously. I mean erudite FFS!!! :-)

It was obvious to me.... you didn't even use the word erudite eruditely :wink:

weonlywon6-2
14-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Now that we have done the Fife love in and a lovely place that it is can we talk about the Hibees and how we are going to break down a stubborn Cowdenbeath defence 😊😊😊

Aldo
14-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Now that we have done the Fife love in and a lovely place that it is can we talk about the Hibees and how we are going to break down a stubborn Cowdenbeath defence dde0adde0adde0a

Early goal settle the nerves. Hard tough game today I. But by hook or by crook 3 pts a must.

offshorehibby
14-03-2015, 12:49 PM
is the game on any radio station this afternoon.

DownInAlbion
14-03-2015, 12:51 PM
is the game on any radio station this afternoon.

Its on forth 2

Albanian Hibs
14-03-2015, 01:09 PM
A few Hibs fans in Wee Jimmie's Bar.

Thats where we are.

snooky
14-03-2015, 01:10 PM
:singing: Oh Fife's got everything, just the place for tourists
See the bonny pit bings staundin in a row...

.."and if ye want a submarine, hurl it oot the gate!"

Peevemor
14-03-2015, 01:21 PM
.."and if ye want a submarine, hurl it oot the gate!"

:aok:

HibbyKeith
14-03-2015, 01:29 PM
Team
Oxley
Gray
Fontaine
Watson
Stevenson
Robertson
Allan
Fyvie
McGeough
Djedje
Cummings

Subs
Hanlon
Forster
Craig
Stanton
Boyle
Handling
Perntreou

Prof. Shaggy
14-03-2015, 01:36 PM

You're pulling our legs.

:confused: