PDA

View Full Version : So How much do you love Lewis Stevenson ?!

EdinMike
13-03-2015, 07:52 PM
We're making a design, jump on board if you want...

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/lewis-stevenson-hibs-flag/

Northernhibee
13-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Donated :thumbsup:

EdinMike
13-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Donated :thumbsup:

You're a star ! To unroll a flag that acknowledges Lewis seems like something we should be doing, whether or not you like him !

HibbyAndy
13-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Defo contribute but its many options saying 'if i'm a member of hibeesbounce'

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Dinnae let anyone near the flag with a UV lamp! ;-)

It'll be like a Jackson Pollock painting!

EdinMike
13-03-2015, 08:39 PM

I'll check onto that !

HibbyAndy
13-03-2015, 08:43 PM
I'll check onto that !

Its cool tho mate, Will still contribute regardless. :aok:

Jim Herriot
13-03-2015, 08:44 PM
We're making a design, jump on board if you want...

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/lewis-stevenson-hibs-flag/

The picture shows why he's so left footed. He doesn't have a right leg.

RoYO!
13-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Great effort, not sure about the font tho

HibbyAndy
13-03-2015, 08:50 PM
The picture shows why he's so left footed. He doesn't have a right leg.

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
13-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Donated - come on Lewis fans....

Scott Allan Key
13-03-2015, 08:56 PM

Aye he's a classy footballer not a hotdog. That font is straight off a burger van. But the rest is a great effort.

SteveHFC
13-03-2015, 08:58 PM
That's my new facebook cover :hyper

EdinMike
13-03-2015, 08:58 PM

It works, we are quarter there already ! :wink:

RoYO!
13-03-2015, 09:01 PM
That said, i have just donated! :thumbsup:

Calum68
13-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Donation made. Great to recognise Lewis. He deserves it

Jamie
13-03-2015, 09:32 PM

We offer userbars thats all. Anyone can donate.

So if you were on the bounce you'd get one next to your username.

Mikey
13-03-2015, 09:37 PM
We offer userbars thats all. Anyone can donate.

So if you were on the bounce you'd get one next to your username.

Seeing as "we're all hibbys" you'll be able to put Whiskyhibby straight eh :wink:

hibee92
13-03-2015, 11:04 PM

This. Looks superb, just think it would be better without the name altogether to be honest.

Harp
13-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Thank you one and all for the donations. We're doing an amazing job so far with Ģ280 in a couple of hours.

As for the text, because the original wallpaper design we whapped out after the Rangers win. We kept it on because the wallpaper went down so well. Folk have already pledges so no changes will be made now I'm afraid.

Great Job and well done .netters

:hibees

Dropkick Murphy
13-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Donated! Can't wait to see this.

DarrenSQH
13-03-2015, 11:56 PM
Donated.

Great effort so far! Can't wait to see the flag

cocopops1875
14-03-2015, 12:25 AM
He's not good enough, the cheap option, he should be punted, useless, been here too long and stagnated, wouldn't get a game in a good Hibs team, can't cross, and all the other stuff thrown at himin the last couple of years. His form this season had been a GIRFUY to his haters and I'm chuffed to bits for the laddie

1987kev
14-03-2015, 02:56 AM
I am a true hibs fan im not a yam but honestly I think Lewis has found this level. Seriously the lad at spl level was shocking bad

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2015, 04:43 AM
I am a true hibs fan im not a yam but honestly I think Lewis has found this level. Seriously the lad at spl level was shocking badMight be a true Hibs fan but you know nothing about football. Lewis was far from ''shocking bad'' in some very poor Hibs teams.

EdinMike
14-03-2015, 05:17 AM
That's my new facebook cover :hyper

I should be upset.. but I made it mine too :wink:

Jones28
14-03-2015, 06:00 AM
Class, but does it need the writing? We all know who he Is!

marinello59
14-03-2015, 06:17 AM
I am a true hibs fan im not a yam but honestly I think Lewis has found this level. Seriously the lad at spl level was shocking bad

Why the need to stick the boot in on this thread? You are a true something.

marinello59
14-03-2015, 06:18 AM
Class, but does it need the writing? We all know who he Is!

And with the writing so will everybody else. :greengrin

Jones28
14-03-2015, 06:38 AM
And with the writing so will everybody else. :greengrin

Point taken :greengrin

Northernhibee
14-03-2015, 06:56 AM
Can we tattoo the picture onto the inside of my eyelids so I can see it when I sleep? :hyper

Fenriz
14-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Noticed there was only a fiver left to raise so had to get in there :greengrin looking forward to seeing it!

hfc-1875
14-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Cracking flag and design. The writing spoils it but still brilliant.

lyonhibs
14-03-2015, 09:06 AM
The font is chronic but apart from that a great flag and a great idea.

Hannah_hfc
14-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Brilliant idea! when is the flag likely to be made/ unveiled at a game?

Carheenlea
14-03-2015, 09:25 AM
A good sized flag too - will look good when displayed and most importantly, how good will Lewis feel when he sees it at Easter Road and beyond.
There was a bit of mixed opinion on a display of some sort for Hampden, and on my view, commissioning flags would be money better spent as they are more permanent than a 5 minute card display.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Smashing and what a dude. Chuffed for him I took my son to the Hibs Panto (think this must have been during the Calderclown era when he wasn't getting a game) I said I'd hope her get back in the team soon too much of a gent to bad mouth he had a wry smile and I felt for him. Glad things are clicking for him and he's getting the rewards for his tenacity and perseverance during a tumultuous period for the club.

I hope Johnnyboy has got a chapter devoted to one of the positive aspects to come through this time. As good a role model in terms of how he conducts himself for our young players.

Chuck Rhoades
14-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Good idea and design. Hopefully it actually gets aired? There have been dozens of banners/surfers/flags bought and made over the years and they're all sitting gathering dust.

SteveHFC
14-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Saw this on facebook earlier:top marks

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-37471-14263037345198.jpg

Smartie
14-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Is there are a new hibs.net rule that we have to have at least one totally gay thread title every day? I clicked on it expecting it to be like a bunch of 8 year old lassies arguing over who loves Harry Styles the most.

(Very harsh of me after reading the thread though. It's a cracking idea and one that I support. And I have clicked on every on of these "man crush" etc threads over the past few days too so I don't know what that says about me.)

Carheenlea
14-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Good idea and design. Hopefully it actually gets aired? There have been dozens of banners/surfers/flags bought and made over the years and they're all sitting gathering dust.

Fair point right enough. Of course, nowadays it's not as simple as just bringing a big flag along - they have to meet certain criteria like being flame ******ant and what not. A couple of years down the the line the way things are going you will need to wear a hard hat, safety boots and illuminous vest if holding a corner of one.

EdinMike
14-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Now we're done *Within 24 hours* We want to get this out for Hampden, just over a month. I want to get some media attention and have contacts to do so.

Edit: Should mention that the excess money is going to the Dnipro Kids !

:gwa:

14-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Delighted that we now have a flag for him :thumbsup:

A man 100% committed to hibs and gives absolutely everything for the jersey.

.Sean.
14-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Just pledged a fiver. Dunno if I'm missing something but I can't see a preview of the flag??

Winston Ingram
15-03-2015, 07:26 AM
Delighted to see this. Well done guys:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2015, 09:07 AM
When Lewis scored last Sunday, there were 10,000 happy Hibs fans and 20,000 smiling faces. Go Lewis!

sleeping giant
15-03-2015, 10:21 AM
When Lewis scored last Sunday, there were 10,000 happy Hibs fans and 20,000 smiling faces. Go Lewis!

:greengrin

Twice I've quoted you in 5 mins.

Something not right there :greengrin

sleeping giant
15-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Dunno about loving Lewis but I'd certainly practice on his bird :greengrin

Too far ?

DaveF
15-03-2015, 11:52 AM
What happens to the love affair when he leaves at the end of his contract in June?

HibbyAndy
15-03-2015, 11:57 AM
What happens to the love affair when he leaves at the end of his contract in June?

He's a one man club dave, You ken that :cb

DaveF
15-03-2015, 12:03 PM
He's done well of late we know that mccall tried to sign him when he was at m'well so I don't think its a certainty that he will sign on again.

We started looking to sign him up in early Feb and its not done yet. Maybe the flag boys are too keen or maybe they have the inside info...

hibee-boys
15-03-2015, 12:21 PM
I would imagine that under previous contract negotiations Lewis would have been happy to just gain a contract, probably not at very favourable terms. His stock has certainly risen this year and as such will have some bargaining power this time round.

Swedish hibee
15-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Just logged on here, fantastic stuff! Well done everyone. Lewis will be so chuffed when he see's this.

ps. Surely a Lewis icon on the smilie's must be due admin!!!!!!

SteveHFC
15-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Just logged on here, fantastic stuff! Well done everyone. Lewis will be so chuffed when he see's this.

ps. Surely a Lewis icon on the smilie's must be due admin!!!!!!

This. Come on admins :hyper

Also i'm defo getting Stevenson and 16 on my shirt for the semi. :agree:

Basildon Hibs
15-03-2015, 11:21 PM
This. Come on admins :hyper

Also i'm defo getting Stevenson and 16 on my shirt for the semi. :agree:

You youngsters, let's cut the crap here. I've been watching Hibs since 1969 and he's nowhere *****ing near 'Hib's legend' status.
Get a grip !!:bye:

SaulGoodman
15-03-2015, 11:37 PM
You youngsters, let's cut the crap here. I've been watching Hibs since 1969 and he's nowhere *****ing near 'Hib's legend' status.

Hmm

McIntosh
15-03-2015, 11:47 PM
A latter day Mr Hibs... We have not had his type here for a generation.

VivaHiberņa
16-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Is there are a new hibs.net rule that we have to have at least one totally gay thread title every day? I clicked on it expecting it to be like a bunch of 8 year old lassies arguing over who loves Harry Styles the most.

(Very harsh of me after reading the thread though. It's a cracking idea and one that I support. And I have clicked on every on of these "man crush" etc threads over the past few days too so I don't know what that says about me.)

Just embrace it. Maybe the Yams had a point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtzHRZ1oFWA

EdinMike
30-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Wee bump and update.

Firstly a massive thank you to everyone involved, I was sceptical as to how this would go over. But the flag is now actually done printed and here.

It looks amazing, and I can't wait to see it unfurled. ! Hopefully see it in it's full glory soon.

Again thank you everyone who contributed to an amazing cause, not just Lil' Lewis but the Dnipro Kids charity. Hopefully going to get some sort of coverage before the Semi - Final for it ! :thumbsup:

Off the bar
30-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Wee bump and update.

Firstly a massive thank you to everyone involved, I was sceptical as to how this would go over. But the flag is now actually done printed and here.

It looks amazing, and I can't wait to see it unfurled. ! Hopefully see it in it's full glory soon.

Again thank you everyone who contributed to an amazing cause, not just Lil' Lewis but the Dnipro Kids charity. Hopefully going to get some sort of coverage before the Semi - Final for it ! :thumbsup:

Looks good man! Good work getting it together for wee Lewis he really deserves it!

SteveHFC
30-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Looks good man! Good work getting it together for wee Lewis he really deserves it!

:agree:

Hopefully i'll be able to hold apart of this flag at Hampden :hyper.

silverhibee
30-03-2015, 11:20 PM

That wouldn't really surprise me Dave if he left in the summer.

But he will always be a Hibs favourite with the fans.

Great wee servant to the club. Gave his all for the team.

silverhibee
30-03-2015, 11:35 PM
:agree:

Hopefully i'll be able to hold apart of this flag at Hampden :hyper.

You won't be getting anywhere near the flag or starting the match day thread either. :agree::greengrin

SteveHFC
30-03-2015, 11:56 PM
You won't be getting anywhere near the flag or starting the match day thread either. :agree::greengrin

:wink:

heretoday
31-03-2015, 06:49 AM
I don't love him because I've seen him play some dire stuff back in the day. But I admire him for sticking in and he's put in some cracking performances this season.

Ronniekirk
31-03-2015, 07:50 AM
That wouldn't really surprise me Dave if he left in the summer.

But he will always be a Hibs favourite with the fans.

Great wee servant to the club. Gave his all for the team.
Well he certainly hasn't signed a new contract yet ,and for me that's one of the reasons it's imperative we go up this season ,so we can afford to keep our best players and attract new ones of similiar calibrev.
Stay in this division minus hearts and The Rangers and revenue drops and key players with talent and skill won't want to stay imo and will look to move and the club will at that point need to cash in in all probability .
It also causes problems for forwardl planning .stubbs may already have some targets lined up who would be willing to come if we are in top Leauge but won't be prepared to drop down .So while I have confidence to date in most of stubbs signings he may find it more difficult second time round to bring same level of quality in unless we can match what we are currently paying .So cup Final appearance while a distraction we could maybe do without in terms of concentrating on promotion ,is probably now a Financial necessity in the event we don't go up
Our young players on longer contracts (Cummings apart ) haven't imposed themselves at this level in a consistent way so that must be a Dilema for next season as well it's interesting Harris has done wel at Dundee when nothing came off for him while at hibs even under Stubbs
Have always thought that we were the underdogs for promotion and while I keep an open mind about our chances we really now have to go on a winning run to keep the feel good factor going
Moan the Hibs ,one last big push till the end of our season .

Stantons Angel
31-03-2015, 05:40 PM

Well speaking as one oldie to another i dont think you are being very fair to Lewis here.

This was a good natured gesture by Hibs supporters to show our longest serving player the support he has from the terraces.

Ok he is not in the calibre of the famous five or Turnbulls Tornadoes but he is Mr Dependable and his name has been dragged through the mud on here far to many times for my liking.

Now with renewed confidence and scoring some cracking goals the fans are getting behind him giving him the push to go forward and push on!

It will be a wonderful tribute to him and he will welcome it wholeheartedly as is his usual persona.

Im just gutted i wont be there to see it unfurled as my son is getting married that day. (bad planning i know)

So lets keep the thread going in an upbeat manner without negativity creeping in and build his confidence before the big game!!!

Peevemor
31-03-2015, 06:26 PM
He's done well of late we know that mccall tried to sign him when he was at m'well so I don't think its a certainty that he will sign on again.

We started looking to sign him up in early Feb and its not done yet. Maybe the flag boys are too keen or maybe they have the inside info...

The semi-final result will have an immediate effect on contract negotiations.

sbell1875
01-04-2015, 12:08 PM
My love for Lewis Stevenson is endless.

My first name is Steven and if I ever have a son he will be named Lewis.

Simply for the reason people will say, there's Lewis Steven's son.

HibbyAndy
01-04-2015, 12:42 PM

:top marks:applause::applause:

lord bunberry
01-04-2015, 12:47 PM

Any relationship you have with a woman is destined to fail I'm afraid. She will walk out the door shouting back at you that there's 3 people in this relationship :greengrin

Peevemor
01-04-2015, 08:45 PM

I have a pal who is Michael Jack's son.

SteveHFC
01-04-2015, 08:46 PM

Same :wink: