PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Neilson doesn't fancy our chances.

Alfred E Newman
13-03-2015, 03:00 PM
According to reports today, Neilson cannot see either Hibs or Rangers being good enough to beat the team finishing 11th in the Premier. Seems a strange comment from the manager of a team that seemingly expects to be in the top 4 next season. Is there really such a gulf between us?
You have come to expect this sort of nonsense from their deluded supporters but not their manager.

Nameless
13-03-2015, 03:03 PM
I'd be surprised if anyone held that view, let alone a reasonably intelligent coach. More likely that his words have been twisted by a journo.

weonlywon6-2
13-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Really, as we know at our cost, a confident team winning and scoring goals against a team that isnt winning and low on confidence after many losses over a season???
He's a fuddly

HoboHarry
13-03-2015, 03:05 PM
According to reports today, Neilson cannot see either Hibs or Rangers being good enough to beat the team finishing 11th in the Premier. Seems a strange comment from the manager of a team that seemingly expects to be in the top 4 next season. Is there really such a gulf between us?
You have come to expect this sort of nonsense from their deluded supporters but not their manager.
Reports from where? Is there a link?

Smartie
13-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Neilson has impressed me at times this season with his reasonably balanced comments so this would be a strange thing for him to come out and say.

They're not playing either of us soon and are far enough in front not to need any managerial mind games to finish ahead of either team.

I can't imagine that there would be many Hearts players, staff or fans that wouldn't actually want us to go up anyway. If we go up they get derbies and also guarantees no The Rangers in the top league next year so less of a threat to them finishing higher up the league (in their eyes anyway - we know otherwise).

Way too many variables re the Premier league team to make any predictions at this stage. Who knows what team it will be and what form they will be in at the end of the season.

Whoever it is, I would make the team that finishes 2nd in the Championship the favourites.

bigwheel
13-03-2015, 03:09 PM
I think what he actually said was that the 11th team would be favourites, not that either us or rangers wouldn't be good enough...it's an interesting topic actually. As it could be quite different from last year when we have forgotten how to win. It could be the play off team has actually had a number of recent wins...so will be a highly competitive two legs, whoever is in it.

Alfred E Newman
13-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Reports from where? Is there a link?

BBC Radio Scotland sports news.

The_Exile
13-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Journos. Nuffsaid.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2015, 03:14 PM
I'm not going to dignify his comment by getting angry at him.

His record against us this seasois 2-1, 1-1 amd 1-1 so if we're not good enough to beat the 11th place team then he's in for a relegatuon scrap next year.

WillowbraeHibby
13-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Whether he said it or not, I believe that the squad we have at present would hold their own in the PL. As I have said on another post, if we had started off in a better state at the beginning of the season, the yams would not be so far ahead.

My thoughts anyway... :flag:

Pete
13-03-2015, 03:20 PM
He's right. We're doomed!!

kaimendhibs
13-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Makes the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang look normal

bingo70
13-03-2015, 03:28 PM
I think what he actually said was that the 11th team would be favourites, not that either us or rangers wouldn't be good enough...it's an interesting topic actually. As it could be quite different from last year when we have forgotten how to win. It could be the play off team has actually had a number of recent wins...so will be a highly competitive two legs, whoever is in it.

I'd disagree with him. Imo the team that finishes 2nd top will be in the winning habit abd playing with confidence. That is a massive factor and probably why hearts have done so well this season.

Bishop Hibee
13-03-2015, 03:30 PM
11th place will be favourites to stay up. We almost did and we were rank. Doesn't make Neilson any less of a roaster though.

lord bunberry
13-03-2015, 03:34 PM
11th place will be favourites to stay up. We almost did and we were rank. Doesn't make Neilson any less of a roaster though.

True, I don't think we should get bogged down with what he said or meant. The important thing here is that he's a prick

Col2
13-03-2015, 03:38 PM
It's funny. For a team that could sleepwalk to the title now, the yam supporters and now head coach seem to have an awful lot to say about us and the playoff position.

I meantioned this to a yam work colleague and I asked if it was because the title was won and the fun had gone to some extent.....but it became clear that he was bitter that the media is focussed on Stubbs, Hibs in 2nd and Scottish Cup.

Now....I strongly believe that they are just a tad worried that we might win promotion and god forbid win the Holy Grail!

Mr White
13-03-2015, 04:01 PM
If he did say that it'll be because craig Levein told him to.

Matty_Jack04
13-03-2015, 04:01 PM
It's funny. For a team that could sleepwalk to the title now, the yam supporters and now head coach seem to have an awful lot to say about us and the playoff position.

I meantioned this to a yam work colleague and I asked if it was because the title was won and the fun had gone to some extent.....but it became clear that he was bitter that the media is focussed on Stubbs, Hibs in 2nd and Scottish Cup.

Now....I strongly believe that they are just a tad worried that we might win promotion and god forbid win the Holy Grail!

This is what it is, there worried we could end up with more attention than them, it's a big ask for us to go up and win the cup but there's a slim hope of it happening and all the shine will be off there achievements and in fairness to them is a great season but going up with the holy grail and in Europe...well....

Keith_M
13-03-2015, 04:10 PM
I try not to get too worked up about what people are alleged to have said in a Newspaper.

What is written often bears no relation to what the person actually said.

Cod Boy
13-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Who cares what he thinks he is a nobody.

andrew70
13-03-2015, 04:29 PM
To be fair the puppet doesn't have much of a clue when it comes to football. Levein is the one in control there everyone knows that and I can't wait to see them struggle next season. The hoofball, bullying tactics won't work in the Premiership.

SonOfDavidFrancey
13-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Never ceases to amaze me what people can get worked up about. Straightforward opinion, not too controversial, possibly wide of the mark. Nothing to see.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-03-2015, 04:39 PM
I would say mind games, but I will need to change that to games. What will matter IMO is whether the 11th place is a team that drops in there from above and is on a downer, or has risen to 11 th from the bottom is on a high with the lifeline.

Golden Bear
13-03-2015, 04:49 PM
And now messiah McCall has come out and said that both THE gers and the hawrts will be good enough to compete for a top six finish in the SPL next season.

Just keep gibbering lads -------------- my team will do the talking business on the park.

Bronson
13-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Neilson is a complete welt but I seriously doubt he actually said that.

bigwheel
13-03-2015, 05:00 PM
I'd disagree with him. Imo the team that finishes 2nd top will be in the winning habit abd playing with confidence. That is a massive factor and probably why hearts have done so well this season.

it could be different this time..the bottom six teams are all winning games ...they may have some of that habit too....

13-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Couldn't give two ****s about what that scruffy looking tramp has to say tbh.

Biggie
13-03-2015, 05:11 PM
He's a ****ing knob jockey

fishybeaver
13-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Craig Levein would have told him to say that..

Who gives a flying what they think

Gmack7
13-03-2015, 05:31 PM

bang on,i i actually heard jobbie ask him if he could go for a jobbie,:greengrin

Jim44
13-03-2015, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the wee caveman isn't looking for a new job by next Easter. The potential Jambo performance against the lower teams in the Scottish Premiership should worry him more than ours. His stupid utterance can only be put down to trying to placate the Jambo masses who are seriously upset about the positive critiques we are presently getting from the MSM.

Speedy
13-03-2015, 05:39 PM
If you look at it as it stands just now, the team that finishes 11th are favourites because they only have 1 tie to win rather than 2 or 3.

cabbageandribs1875
13-03-2015, 05:46 PM
And now messiah McCall has come out and said that both THE gers and the hawrts will be good enough to compete for a top six finish in the SPL next season.

Just keep gibbering lads -------------- my team will do the talking business on the park.

superb, pin a copy of that up in the home dressing room wall at ER

The_Todd
13-03-2015, 05:58 PM

But we didn't, that's surely the point.

Ozyhibby
13-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Robbie is right to be worried about us in the top league. Our new found professionalism will mean that we will be better than them next year if we go up. If I was him I would be talking us down as much as possible.

Aldo
13-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Best way to reply to that is on the park.

Don't respond just do the business on the park, it's as easy as that.

hibees 7062
13-03-2015, 06:29 PM
You have come to expect this sort of nonsense from their deluded supporters but not their front man.

Sorted :greengrin

CockneyRebel
13-03-2015, 06:30 PM

You spelt that wrong. Actually he is a knob

CockneyRebel
13-03-2015, 06:33 PM
I would say mind games, but I will need to change that to games. What will matter IMO is whether the 11th place is a team that drops in there from above and is on a downer, or has risen to 11 th from the bottom is on a high with the lifeline.

We finished last season playing each game worse than the one before yet we were still favourites to beat the Prem 11th.

hibees 7062
13-03-2015, 06:37 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF-NpmU4WBcfe2ygAXwPvZEd8BAYpn7CqyItTwCnYeiidX2TuR4Q

Hertz clown

WillowbraeHibby
13-03-2015, 06:42 PM

McCall can talk all :******: he likes, the rangers are CRAP.. The quicker they understand that they are nothing nowadays the better.. As you say GB, do your talking on the park, that's where it counts...

On a level playing field, and withoot the millions, they soon get found out.. GIRFUY :lolrangers:

Sorry for the rant..... Canny be bothered wi' them from Govan.

HoboHarry
13-03-2015, 06:53 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF-NpmU4WBcfe2ygAXwPvZEd8BAYpn7CqyItTwCnYeiidX2TuR4Q

Hertz clown
Christ - even by their standards she is ugly.......

:greengrin

Steve20
13-03-2015, 06:54 PM
I can't find anythung that said he said that. What did he exactly say?

Swedish hibee
13-03-2015, 07:33 PM
obsessed.com

Golden Bear
13-03-2015, 07:49 PM
I can't find anythung that said he said that. What did he exactly say?

It was a radio interview. The gist of it was that he thought that the team that finished 2nd bottom of the SPL would be favourites to beat either Hibs or the Rangers.

Sir David Gray
13-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Right guys, let's just forget about the play offs and just allow the Premiership team to stay up.

Captain Caveman has spoken.

Alan Stubbs and the rest of the playing and coaching staff should be told.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Right guys, let's just forget about the play offs and just allow the Premiership team to stay up.

Captain Caveman has spoken.

Alan Stubbs and the rest of the playing and coaching staff should be told.

He's actually mini caveman, Captain Caveman is unemployed

Northernhibee
13-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Well I don't fancy Robbie Neilson so I guess we're even.

Ronniekirk
13-03-2015, 08:22 PM
He can go and take a flying **** to himself I really don't care what he thinks so his opinion isn't one I am that bothered about As Aldo would say the guys a Grade A Jam Roaster

Aldo
13-03-2015, 09:04 PM
He can go and take a flying **** to himself I really don't care what he thinks so his opinion isn't one I am that bothered about As Aldo would say the guys a Grade A Jam Roaster

Ha ha this made me laugh Ronnie but should it not be Yam and No Jam!! :-)

Ps was wondering if I should trademark that saying?? ;-)

3pm
13-03-2015, 09:06 PM
I doubt he said it in the context being reported.

Kato
13-03-2015, 09:14 PM
I doubt he said it in the context being reported.

True, actually.

He said it in the context of being a knob.

whiskyhibby
13-03-2015, 09:20 PM

Well said, .......[emoji81]

Bostonhibby
13-03-2015, 09:31 PM

And then he ran away and hid - there's nae way anything will track back to Potter - probably still cant believe he has got a job for a year let alone a Teflon one with a ready made patsy. If he goes erse over this time he will never get another job in football.

Ronniekirk
13-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Ha ha this made me laugh Ronnie but should it not be Yam and No Jam!! :-)

Ps was wondering if I should trademark that saying?? ;-)

Must of been hungry when I posted that and thinking of a Jam Tart .

It's Patently obvious you should or every Tom dick and Harry could start using it .:agree:

Jim44
13-03-2015, 10:32 PM
It was a radio interview. The gist of it was that he thought that the team that finished 2nd bottom of the SPL would be favourites to beat either Hibs or the Rangers.

Just as we were favourites to beat Hamilton last year. At a superficial level, logical but mundane thinking from the Troglodyte, yet hardly a reasoned or significant opinion from someone simply bending over backwards to curry favour with his own supporters, who, deep down, know their team's performances are far from convincing. I would give an even money chance to any of the Championship top four teams against the bottom four teams of the Scottish Premiership.

Mikey09
13-03-2015, 11:09 PM

This!! The yams I play fitba with are secretly ****ting themselves this happens. They can't handle that we have put ourselves in the position to do it. However I would seriously doubt Nielson would say he doesn't fancy our chances in a play off with a Premier league club. We all know journos love a headline.

givescotlandfreedom
13-03-2015, 11:34 PM
A Hearts fud whether he said it or not.

Hibs07p
14-03-2015, 04:34 AM
Well I don't fancy Robbie Neilson so I guess we're even.

Well said.
He is no Lewis Stevenson is he? :greengrin

EskbankHibby
14-03-2015, 07:36 AM
I'll wait to hear what Levein says before I make a decision on this, I'm a wee bit like Neilson himself in that respect.

I wonder if it's next season Levein stops getting a salary from SFA and he can come clean and amend his job title from D of F to manager.

Phil MaGlass
14-03-2015, 07:47 AM
[/B]

This!! The yams I play fitba with are secretly ****ting themselves this happens. They can't handle that we have put ourselves in the position to do it. However I would seriously doubt Nielson would say he doesn't fancy our chances in a play off with a Premier league club. We all know journos love a headline.

We are in a great position, and they are well peed off we are getting alot of coverage, bodes well for the future. We have a good team way better than their offering, if we go up they should be worried hertz are at most a 8th,9th placed team in spl. Their good start and our late rebuilding put paid to top place. Theres no team in this league better than us and if we go up and make one or two additions we will be looking very good for next year

green day
14-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Jeez, we dont half jump on any non-story about us, eh?

Its a bit like the rabid jambos having a pop at Stubbs who stated he thought we played the best football in the league.

Caveman was asked his opinion, gave it and who cares.........well us, it seems

Truth is, we are in the mixer for cup and playoff - we will know by late May (or early June, depending on playoffs??) how well we have done. Everything until then is just wind and piss.

lord bunberry
14-03-2015, 07:57 AM

Its a bit like the rabid jambos having a pop at Stubbs who stated he thought we played the best football in the league.

Truth is, we are in the mixer for cup and playoff - we will know by late May (or early June, depending on playoffs??) how well we have done. Everything until then is just wind and piss.
Thanks for that, i feel better now

Spike Mandela
14-03-2015, 08:11 AM

Exactly.:agree: The Premiership club should be the favourite but as we found out last year that means nothing..

One team is used to winning and delighted to be in the play offs whilst the other team has had a terrible season and is devastated to be in the play offs.

Hamilton were the lower league team last year but it was clear from their performance that they had a team that could probably hack it in the Premiership and it looks like they have.Yet having said that, we should have held on and beat them.

If we reach the play off final I would fancy our chances but wouldn't take anything for granted. The same could be said for Rangers, QotS or Falkirk.

southsider
14-03-2015, 09:12 AM
I am almost glad we went down. If we had stayed up we would still have Butcher, been playing rank football in front of lower and lower crowds. Now we have a guy who picks real football players and seems to be able to spot gems. I now enjoy going to ER whereas before I only went to meet family/pals and have a few pints.

Bostonhibby
14-03-2015, 09:16 AM
I don't fancy Neilsons chances if they go up as Potter will want to have another go at being a football manager. He doesn't know when to give up.

heretoday
14-03-2015, 09:37 AM
I don't fancy Neilson's chances up against Steven Pressley.

He's hairier, he's just been sacked, he's bitter, he'll kill him.

matty_f
14-03-2015, 09:44 AM
As much as I like to put the boot into those tramps, I find it hard to dismiss what Jobby has done to a team that was brutal last season.
They've cruised the league and just the other week beat a team 10-0.
It doesn't stop them being poppy thieving smelly Yam tramp welts with a habit of inbreeding,though.

hfc rd
14-03-2015, 09:52 AM

This

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-03-2015, 09:57 AM
We finished last season playing each game worse than the one before yet we were still favourites to beat the Prem 11th.

and we know how us being favourites worked out? Skulking out after the 0-1 to Killie, after seeing the team capitulate on the park? When we have play off against the 11th team, I would like their players and fans to have gone through the same. Seeing a trapdoor open that they can fall through rather than use as an escape route.

Deansy
14-03-2015, 10:19 AM
I'm just surprised that people on here are surprised by Neilson's 'thoughts' ??. The 'Charity Thieves' look like being reasonably successful for the very first time in 30+ years under their OWN STEAM - unable to use their old 'Finance Football' means, so no players that are way, way above their historical-levels OR financial-capabilities - they've even actually PAID all their players (as far as is known) this time !!

As everyone knows, they tend to get a bit 'carried away' with what they perceive as 'Success' (for years 'Success' was 3rd place !!) - they're so desperate to be associated with 'Success' they'd name supporter's-branches dedicated to CORNERS won !. Right now, in THEIR 'minds', Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern etc are s*ittin themselves at the mere thought of 'The Famous' once again returning to the European arena to claim what is rightfully theirs !!. It was only a matter of time before their manager echoed their thoughts - 'Humility', 'Reserve', 'Inward-thinking' etc are quality traits not welcome (and unknown) at the PBS and never will be !!

ekhibee
14-03-2015, 01:25 PM
I'll wait to hear what Levein says before I make a decision on this, I'm a wee bit like Neilson himself in that respect.

I wonder if it's next season Levein stops getting a salary from SFA and he can come clean and amend his job title from D of F to manager.
That's exactly what I was wondering too. Neilson was probably put in charge so that if it all went tits up his head would be on the block. It all worked out fine for them though, they still signed players when they were still officially in administration, so no harm done there. Quite fancy Neilson for the Livvie job next season too.

AjaxTreesdown
14-03-2015, 01:48 PM

Completely disagree with that imbecile (maybe right about Rangers)... Team who finish bottom of SPL will be going into the play off game in a negative morale against a team (hibs) who will have had a very positive season and completely dominating teams and playing well. Hibs will be looking to avenge what Hamilton did to us last season. I have every faith in the squad, we can take on and beat whoever we come up against.

Surely fans on here must feel the same?!?!?!

:gwa:

bigwheel
14-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Completely disagree with that imbecile (maybe right about Rangers)... Team who finish bottom of SPL will be going into the play off game in a negative morale against a team (hibs) who will have had a very positive season and completely dominating teams and playing well. Hibs will be looking to avenge what Hamilton did to us last season. I have every faith in the squad, we can take on and beat whoever we come up against.

Very true...pity they won't be a play off opposition though :)

AjaxTreesdown
14-03-2015, 02:55 PM

The Leith Dutch
15-03-2015, 07:59 AM
I'm not going to dignify his comment by getting angry at him.

His record against us this seasois 2-1, 1-1 amd 1-1 so if we're not good enough to beat the 11th place team then he's in for a relegatuon scrap next year.

This.

We keep our mind on our own business and we'll do just fine.
See how well they do in comparison to us when we hit the ground running and they don't get a 15 point start.

lucky
15-03-2015, 08:19 AM
To be fair lots of the manky mob are saying no one will go up bar them. But this is more to do with the fact they are desperate for us to stay down rather than football knowledge. I've only seen the tramps 4 times this season (3 against us and once against Rangers) and they've looked average at best. But there record this season is fantastic so they've earned the right gloat. But a play off win and Scottish Cup win will ruin it all for them