PDA

View Full Version : Worst Case Scenario

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't want to sound defeatist and am certainly confident of going up via the plays offs' this season but last night I thought about this.

Neither us or Rangers get promoted this season and have to endure another season in the championship together. Then Rangers win the championship next season and once again we miss out on promotion by losing in the final to the SPL team :-(.

Three seasons in the championship.........it could happen.

But surely not?

Billy Whizz
12-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Yeah, wouldn't be good. Either Rangers or Hibs have to go up this season, much as I'd hate them too

Michael
12-03-2015, 06:35 PM
I reckon this scenario is as likely to happen as any other. At the end of the day, although I think we're the best out of ourselves, Rangers and Premiership 11th...playoffs are a lottery.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Yeah, wouldn't be good. Either Rangers or Hibs have to go up this season, much as I'd hate them too

:agree:

If its not us this season then i'd prefer Der Hun to go up for sure.

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2015, 06:40 PM
It could happen, certainly. I don't think Rangers have a hope, and that we have a far better chance in the play offs, but, then again, it's Hibs, and we all know that the principle of what can go wrong will go wrong firmly applies. Expect the unexpected when Hibs are involved. The sooner we are back in the top flight the better. We shouldn't be in this division.

AjaxTreesdown
12-03-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't want to sound defeatist and am certainly confident of going up via the plays offs' this season but last night I thought about this.

Neither us or Rangers get promoted this season and have to endure another season in the championship together. Then Rangers win the championship next season and once again we miss out on promotion by losing in the final to the SPL team :-(.

But surely not?

Alternatively, we could get promoted, win the Scottish Cup and keep Rangers down next season. Optimist but not unachievable especially with the squad we have at the moment. Always going to believe! :flag:

Sir David Gray
12-03-2015, 06:52 PM
I'm very confident that we'll be playing Premiership football next season.

Gatecrasher
12-03-2015, 06:56 PM
If we don't go up we have to want Rangers to go up, as much as that goes against everything we would normally want.

WillowbraeHibby
12-03-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm very confident that we'll be playing Premiership football next season.

I'm with Trig on this one... In Stubbs I trust... And in the squad we have. Sod everybody else, let them worry about us!!! GGTTH :flag:

Ronniekirk
12-03-2015, 07:16 PM

But surely not?

Yes surely even we can't be that unlucky .We are burdened enough with our Scottish Cup Hoodo

LancsHibs
12-03-2015, 07:35 PM

But surely not?

Yeh that's my worry too! Can't help it, thinking if we don't go up, say we lose to St.Mirren or somebody in the play off and Motherwell come down. We are then with the Mothers a stronger Huns as well as Falkirk etc..:dizzy: Just as well we're going up:cb

Springbank
12-03-2015, 09:37 PM
My prediction : Rangers to finish 5th behind the four best teams in the division: Hibs hearts queens Falkirk

Deansy
12-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Our luck has to change sometime and it would be a injustice if this team that AS has developed, didn't get some reward for their efforts. However, at 55, I know that Hibs ALWAYS seem to find a way to ..... make a mess of things !!. I really, really hope NOT this time !!

The_Exile
12-03-2015, 11:10 PM
We'll win the Europa League next season IMO, dinnae ken what everybody is so worried aboot.

Real Emerald
12-03-2015, 11:16 PM

But surely not?

I've also thought this may happen. I also think the Scottish game is so fragile the SPFL were mad to relegate 2 teams from the Premiership. We may hate them but Scottish football really does need us, Hearts and erm Hunco in the top league, it just does.

Sir David Gray
12-03-2015, 11:22 PM
I've also thought this may happen. I also think the Scottish game is so fragile the SPFL were mad to relegate 2 teams from the Premiership. We may hate them but Scottish football really does need us, Hearts and erm Hunco in the top league, it just does.

Last season, two teams deserved to go down from the Premiership.

Hearts because they lost 15 points after going into administration due to their cheating over a number of years and us because we were so bad over the last four or five months of the season, that we actually ended up winning less points than Hearts over the course of the season.

Pete
13-03-2015, 02:41 AM
We are burdened enough with our Scottish Cup Hoodo

Speak for yourself.

Bloody hell. I'm starting to think that some people on here are that negative and reflective that they walk about with slouched posture in case others notice them. That's if they've actually managed to make it outside by overcoming their fear of falling down a hole.

Cheer up guys. It should be fun.:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2015, 02:56 AM

But surely not?

Could be much worse. After what you've outlined we could then finish runners up to the next relegated team, and lose the play-offs again to the second bottom Premiership one. In fact, we may never reach the giddy heights of the Scottish top tier again.

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2015, 06:19 AM
Speak for yourself.

Bloody hell. I'm starting to think that some people on here are that negative and reflective that they walk about with slouched posture in case others notice them. That's if they've actually managed to make it outside by overcoming their fear of falling down a hole.

Cheer up guys. It should be fun.:thumbsup:

I was waiting for the first response like this, it didn't take too long well done!

Hibby Bairn
13-03-2015, 06:49 AM
I think we will go up. Then next season we should target 11th to give us a chance of horsing Rangers again in the final play off for 2015/16 and keep them in the Championship until 2017.

LancsHibs
13-03-2015, 07:13 AM
I think we will go up. Then next season we should target 11th to give us a chance of horsing Rangers again in the final play off for 2015/16 and keep them in the Championship until 2017.

Ha ha I like that plan:-)

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-03-2015, 07:28 AM
With Hibs it's the hope that kills you!

We always get ourselves in situations where the above is true. Cup games, playoffs, player signings...

Jones28
13-03-2015, 07:30 AM
I'm more confident we will go up than not. Our record over the past few months is great and in confident that we would have the beating of any of the bottom 6 sides in the premier division at the moment.

BIGK
13-03-2015, 10:31 AM

That's pretty sadistic! I love it. :aok:

lugz
13-03-2015, 10:41 AM
I can't see us playing rangers in the playoffs. When we come 2nd they'll get beat by Falkirk or QOS.

hibee-boys
13-03-2015, 10:46 AM
If we can keep everybody fit throughout the remainder of the season I believe we'll go up. Farid will be back fully match fit by the play offs and I think we'll have too much fire power for any team we could come up against.

Keith_M
13-03-2015, 10:54 AM

But surely not?

Then the crowds fall, Hibs sell all their best players and we get relegated to League One.

Tom Farmer then sells Easter Road to The Budge, they paint the seats maroon and throw Hibs out.

Hibs rent Ainslie Park and get relegated to the lower leagues.

In years to come, people will stand in the pubs in Easter Road, crying over their pints, boring everybody that cares to listen that, even though the highlight of our season is playing a local derby against Spartans in front of 500 Fans, we were once a big club that used to reach Cup Finals and play in Europe.

........it could happen.

But surely not?

:wink:

Pete
13-03-2015, 02:07 PM
I was waiting for the first response like this, it didn't take too long well done!

So you were trolling? :hmmm:

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2015, 02:27 PM
So you were trolling? :hmmm:

No but you are now!

Pete
13-03-2015, 02:35 PM
No but you are now!

:na na: