View Full Version : Sir Terry Pratchett

Haymaker
12-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Has died.

Gutted. Loved his work.

Pretty Boy
12-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Very sad news.

Have to confess to not being a huge fan off his books but his campaigning for the right to die and his work to raise awareness of stigma around dementia, something very close to me, was passionate and respectful.

Mixu62
12-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Love everything I've read of his work. RIP.

Peevemor
13-03-2015, 05:36 AM
A very funny, clever man. RIP

hibsbollah
13-03-2015, 05:58 AM
Has died.

Gutted. Loved his work.

Any particular recommendations? Was thinking of getting some of his stuff for my kids.

Hibrandenburg
13-03-2015, 06:32 AM
My first Pratchett was a joint effort with another author whose name fails me at the moment"Good Omens". It's been 20years since iI read it but I can still remember crying with laughter on my flight to the Falklands.

Thanks for the laughs Terry and I hope Mr DEATH was nice to you.

Haymaker
13-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Any particular recommendations? Was thinking of getting some of his stuff for my kids.

All of it!

My favourite series of Discworld books were the guards series: Guards! Guards! Men at arms, Feet of Clay, Jingo, The Fifith elephant.

However my favourite single Disc book is Soul Music. You will enjoy his books aa much as the kids!

Haymaker
13-03-2015, 11:13 AM
My first Pratchett was a joint effort with another author whose name fails me at the moment"Good Omens". It's been 20years since iI read it but I can still remember crying with laughter on my flight to the Falklands.

Thanks for the laughs Terry and I hope Mr DEATH was nice to you.

Neil Gaiman

Peevemor
13-03-2015, 11:42 AM
All of it!

My favourite series of Discworld books were the guards series: Guards! Guards! Men at arms, Feet of Clay, Jingo, The Fifith elephant.

However my favourite single Disc book is Soul Music. You will enjoy his books aa much as the kids!

:agree: I'd never read any of the stuff until somebody gave me the Death Trilogy as a present. That hooked me and although I haven't read them all, and wouldn't read them one directly after the other, the Discworld books are great as a light hearted break between more serious stuff.

Haymaker
13-03-2015, 01:21 PM
:agree: I'd never read any of the stuff until somebody gave me the Death Trilogy as a present. That hooked me and although I haven't read them all, and wouldn't read them one directly after the other, the Discworld books are great as a light hearted break between more serious stuff.

Death is the best character.

The_Exile
13-03-2015, 01:33 PM
"Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one"

RIP Terry.

Rincewind was my favourite Terry character, absolutel genius of a man.

Hibrandenburg
13-03-2015, 07:12 PM
"Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one"

RIP Terry.

Rincewind was my favourite Terry character, absolutel genius of a man.

Commander Vimes was my favourite, I felt a smidgen of empathy with his character always falling on his feet no matter how hard he tried to fail.

Cpl Nobbs would be a close 2nd because there were so many guys from my army time who he reminded me of.

hibsbollah
13-03-2015, 09:11 PM
All of it! My favourite series of Discworld books were the guards series: Guards! Guards! Men at arms, Feet of Clay, Jingo, The Fifith elephant. However my favourite single Disc book is Soul Music. You will enjoy his books aa much as the kids!:aok: