PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUPPORTER OWNERSHIP PASSES FIRST MILESTONE

RSS Bot
12-03-2015, 02:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5265)

Hibernian FC is today delighted to announce a positive milestone in its bid to widen ownership of the Club.

More than 5% of the shares in Hibernian FC are already owned by supporters – just a few weeks after the Club’s plan to offers fans the opportunity to buy up to 51% of the shares was launched.
Fans have been backing the two routes to having greater ownership of their Club – by buying shares directly from the Club and also by contributing to the collective ownership vehicle, Hibernian Supporters Limited.

With Hibernian Supporters Limited expecting to buy their next tranche of shares at the Rangers game, and Hibernian Supporters Association preparing to buy a significant number of shares, that figure should rise again in the very near future.

Leeann said: “When we made our announcement that supporters were to get the chance to buy a controlling interest in their Club, we also said that all monies raised through the sale of the new shares would go to the Club, as opposed to any existing shareholders, to help fund football ambition.
“We all knew this would be more like a marathon than a sprint, but we have been very encouraged by the start made. ‘Ordinary’ fans already own more than 5% of the shares in the Club – a greater percentage than the vast majority of other major clubs in Scotland.

“While it is positive, it is just the start, and I would encourage any supporter who is intending to buy shares to take part.”

There are two basic propositions – buying and owning shares directly from the Club via the share issue, or being part of a collective ownership through Hibernian Supporters Limited.
For those wishing to buy directly from the Club, there are two ways supporters can participate:

Existing shareholders: The Club has 1700 shareholders, and it is open to them to buy more shares at any time, and as often as they wish.

Supporters on the Club database who wish to buy and own shares should have received information from the Club about the process they need to go through to meet the regulations, which includes consulting with an Independent Financial Advisor.

If you would like further guidance on the process, or information about IFAs, please contact shares@hibernianfc.co.uk

For supporters who do not wish to, or qualify for, the opportunity to buy and own shares directly, Hibernian Supporters Limited is a simple alternative to holding shares directly.

Any Hibernian supporter anywhere can participate through HSL, which is a company limited by guarantee with the sole objective and aim of buying and holding shares in Hibernian FC for the benefit of supporters. Any person can sign up to donate (the minimum suggested donation is £225 or £18.75 per month), although there is an entry level of £10 per month over a longer period, to the company and this money will be used to acquire shares in Hibernian. Supporters who make contributions will not own shares directly but will own Hibernian Supporters Limited, which in turn will own the shares in the Club.

More information is available at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

DarrenSQH
12-03-2015, 02:04 PM
5% of the club so far owned by supporters is a decent start.

Seen an IFA yesterday so im excited to soon own some shares myself.

CB_NO3
12-03-2015, 02:12 PM
5% of the club so far owned by supporters is a decent start.

Seen an IFA yesterday so im excited to soon own some shares myself.
How much was your IFA if you dont mind me asking?

DarrenSQH
12-03-2015, 02:17 PM
How much was your IFA if you dont mind me asking?

£50, you take 2 forms of ID. I used passport and driving license and it took maybe 15 mins at most.

Baldy Foghorn
12-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Positive start.............

Chuck Rhoades
12-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Good progress, small steps...