PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Cowdenbeath

Diclonius
12-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Never been to a game away in Cowdenbeath before so could any regulars give advice on the nearest/cheapest places to park near the ground? Cheers.

CallumLaidlaw
12-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Plenty parking by the leisure centre. Thats where I tend to park :agree:

truehibernian
12-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Never been to a game away in Cowdenbeath before so could any regulars give advice on the nearest/cheapest places to park near the ground? Cheers.

Lots of off street parking - there is a wee housing estate right near to the ground where you can park however it will be busy.

The ground is open terracing mostly and it will be baltic mate, so you and your dearest wrap up warm. Facilities (:faf:) are very poor. And you have to watch the game through a fence (and hopefully not through your hands either) :greengrin

A bit like Tynecastle really :aok:

edinburghhibee
12-03-2015, 10:54 AM
And if it's open there's a cracking wee Indian Buffett just behind the stadium which is well worth a visit.

CallumLaidlaw
12-03-2015, 10:56 AM
And if it's open there's a cracking wee Indian Buffett just behind the stadium which is well worth a visit.

Just been looking at that today. Shimla palace. opens at 12. £6 for buffet :thumbsup:

mim
12-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Just been looking at that today. Shimla palace. opens at 12. £6 for buffet :thumbsup:

It's excellent and you can happily park there too

Mathias Jack
12-03-2015, 11:29 AM

There's parking right by the ground, we got there about 11.30-12ish the last time we played there, was empty...and it's free :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm never going to that dump again, after the soaking we got earlier in the season. I know that sounds pathetic, but all who were there will confirm what a miserable experience it was.

Pete
12-03-2015, 05:00 PM
It was only water.

Last time I checked I was fairly waterproof so I'll be there no matter as the boys need us to help them over the line.

Carheenlea
12-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Cowdenbeath High street is closed for resurfacing.

Hopefully access will still be available to enter The Goth for a few wallet-friendly pre-match refreshments :party:

Ronniekirk
12-03-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm never going to that dump again, after the soaking we got earlier in the season. I know that sounds pathetic, but all who were there will confirm what a miserable experience it was.
Dinnae get me started on that topic again ,and I am originall fae Fife and like a wee trip back to the Kingdom .