PDA

View Full Version : Chick Young and the Rangers Love

Long suffering
12-03-2015, 12:54 AM
just back to Glasgow from tonights match and start to listen to the podcast from tonight on BBC radio Scotland with an nterview with Leanne. First question by Chick; 'how concerned are you Leanne about the reaction Rangers might get from McCall coming in?' (or words to that effect) What an absolute joke that man is, Leanne shouldv'e walked away after that cannot believe the mans love in for them. Recall him saying Butcher was 'thrown to the wolves' last season as well, he's an absolute disgrace and a joke that he's on national radio. Also how come 3rd placed Rangers highlights are up and we'll be scrapping about on Hibs tv for a look at tonight's game? sick of the whole thing the 'Scottish cup' highlights were dominated by rangers chat as well

givescotlandfreedom
12-03-2015, 01:04 AM
It's pathetic and his loyalties were shown last night when QoTS equalised against his beloved sevco. It's good to see we've got them riled though. Long may it last.

TowerHibs
12-03-2015, 01:42 AM
You know what your going to get from him and I don't pet it wind me up.

To be fair, u actually wish a lot more people are as positive about the Scottish game like him and Jim Spence. Willie Milla and the jambs on the show always look for negatives while the 2 older guys do try and drum up some excitement.

I'm just glad that it looks like hibs are turning a corner and nit giving the sports Oundle guys something easy to boot

ekhibee
12-03-2015, 01:54 AM
just back to Glasgow from tonights match and start to listen to the podcast from tonight on BBC radio Scotland with an nterview with Leanne. First question by Chick; 'how concerned are you Leanne about the reaction Rangers might get from McCall coming in?' (or words to that effect) What an absolute joke that man is, Leanne shouldv'e walked away after that cannot believe the mans love in for them. Recall him saying Butcher was 'thrown to the wolves' last season as well, he's an absolute disgrace and a joke that he's on national radio. Also how come 3rd placed Rangers highlights are up and we'll be scrapping about on Hibs tv for a look at tonight's game? sick of the whole thing the 'Scottish cup' highlights were dominated by rangers chat as well
Then you didn't obviously listen to his discussion with the other presenters on Sportsound tonight when he said Hibs would definitely finish above Rangers and that Hibs are a better team. He also said he fancied us as the one team out of all the potential challengers, to get promoted. He's complimented Hibs frequently over the years as well. He said that before English and the others stepped in and agreed with him.

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2015, 02:57 AM
He's a baldy midget joke. Nobody outside the snake pit cares about Hunco. We're so much better than them.

Hibbyradge
12-03-2015, 06:35 AM
Then you didn't obviously listen to his discussion with the other presenters on Sportsound tonight when he said Hibs would definitely finish above Rangers and that Hibs are a better team. He also said he fancied us as the one team out of all the potential challengers, to get promoted. He's complimented Hibs frequently over the years as well. He said that before English and the others stepped in and agreed with him.

It's still poor interviewing when the first question to the Hibs CEO is about The Rangers.

I doubt his first question to King will be about Hibs being above them in the league.

DTS
12-03-2015, 07:10 AM
It's still poor interviewing when the first question to the Hibs CEO is about The Rangers.

I doubt his first question to King will be about Hibs being above them in the league.

Maybe he thought the question was appropriate as we are above them in the league, McCall is a good manager who could get them going also with leeann's connections with McCall at motherwell she's arguebly the best person to ask what impact he could have?

Steve20
12-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Seemed a fair question. I am concerned about McCall going in at Ibrox. McDowell didn't want to be there, so I think we'd have beat them in the playoffs. Now? Not so sure.

MSK
12-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Seemed a fair question. I am concerned about McCall going in at Ibrox. McDowell didn't want to be there, so I think we'd have beat them in the playoffs. Now? Not so sure.Why ?...are they suddenly going to improve overnight ..Is Boyd going to lose a ton in weight & start banging them in ..are Moshni, Zaliukas, McCulloch & Black suddenly going to turn into football players ?...granted McCall may lift the team, but man for man we are much better than them, as previous results have shown ..

greenginger
12-03-2015, 08:55 AM
With a bit of luck Rangers have been reading the Terry Butcher player motivation manual .

Tell the whole squad they are not good enough and they will all be out the door when their contracts are up at the end of the season.

That should get them fighting for the cause right enough ! :greengrin

Ronniekirk
12-03-2015, 08:55 AM
It's pathetic and his loyalties were shown last night when QoTS equalised against his beloved sevco. It's good to see we've got them riled though. Long may it last.

Both his teams could be in the Championship next Season

monktonharp
12-03-2015, 09:56 AM
With a bit of luck Rangers have been reading the Terry Butcher player motivation manual .

Tell the whole squad they are not good enough and they will all be out the door when their contracts are up at the end of the season.

That should get them fighting for the cause right enough ! :greengrinseemed to do the trick at Hibernian, last season:rolleyes:

Carheenlea
12-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Just prior to Leean's interview the situation at Rangers with McCall was discussed at length, so with Leean's connection with McCall it was a fair opening question keeping in theme with what had been discussed before getting down to the business of talking about Hibs.

Bostonhibby
12-03-2015, 10:06 AM

To be fair it's bloody hard to squeeze out a question when you are all red faced and tongue tied at meeting your latest hero and you have difficulty breathing because you are bent in half whilst kneeling before him waiting to be told to get up.

Unprofessional bellend of a man. Stopped listening a long time ago.

Geo_1875
12-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Just prior to Leean's interview the situation at Rangers with McCall was discussed at length, so with Leean's connection with McCall it was a fair opening question keeping in theme with what had been discussed before getting down to the business of talking about Hibs.

He also asked Leean how she would feel if we faced Motherwell in the play-off and she gave a sensible balanced answer. 10 minutes later he mentioned Leean getting all sentimental about Motherwell. He is absolutely typical of the MSM in reporting what he wishes was said rather the actual answer he was given. And he's a Hun fud no matter how much he protests.

hibs0666
12-03-2015, 10:21 AM
To be fair it's bloody hard to squeeze out a question when you are all red faced and tongue tied at meeting your latest hero and you have difficulty breathing because you are bent in half whilst kneeling before him waiting to be told to get up.

Leeann should be showing more dignity than that.

Baader
12-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Absolute joke of a broadcaster. The supposed 'comedy' value wore off a long time ago.

Turkish Green
12-03-2015, 10:43 AM
The real CY has metamorphosed into the Jonathan Watson parody of him. Just a comic character. I cannot take anything he says seriously and it would appear that most of his colleagues at BBC Glasgow are of the same opinion.

I suppose there was an element of relevance in the questioning since McCall was manager at Motherwell when Leeann was CE there.

Onion
12-03-2015, 10:46 AM

And you really don't see through this as a simple ploy to heap pressure on Hibs ??? :rolleyes: Everything, and I mean everything, in the football media is ultimately aimed at progressing and promoting the Old Firm and it comes in various guises. At the minute, Hibs are rolling along nicely and few have paid much attention to us as all the focus has been on the Huns demise and events. Now that the Huns have resolved their Board issues, and have a new (media pundit) manager in place, the focus has and will swing strongly to what Hibs are doing. Talking up Scott Allan, Fyvie, McGeogh, Stubbs and Hibs generally has nothing to do with a genuine appreciation of what we're doing, and all to do with disruption, turning heads and egos in an effort to support their beloved Huns (and new best friend McCall). The Huns and Celtic fans form the VAST majority of their audience, they know it and so does everyone else. This is how it has been all my days and there's no reason why that should have changed.

Bostonhibby
12-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Leeann should be showing more dignity than that.

touche'

Long suffering
12-03-2015, 10:52 AM

yes in fairness they did go on to give Hibs a surprisingly good level of praise, but to put a Rangers slant on the first question is still a joke and as stated would never happen the other way round

Onion
12-03-2015, 10:56 AM
yes in fairness they did go on to give Hibs a surprisingly good level of praise, but to put a Rangers slant on the first question is still a joke and as stated would never happen the other way round

:wink:

Mathias Jack
12-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Why ?...are they suddenly going to improve overnight ..Is Boyd going to lose a ton in weight & start banging them in ..are Moshni, Zaliukas, McCulloch & Black suddenly going to turn into football players ?...granted McCall may lift the team, but man for man we are much better than them, as previous results have shown ..

100% agree with this, McCall is going to have to do something with the afore mentioned numpties that Sally and McDowall had to work with.

McCall left the sinking ship when it got difficult at Motherwell. Will be interesting to see what he can do with the Titanic, because that's what Rangers are, on and off the park just now.

jacomo
12-03-2015, 11:31 AM
The new Hun leaders talk about restoring The Rangers to their 'rightful' place in Scottish football and the MSM nod and repeat that statement.

They have no 'rightful' place. Achievements must be earned, this is supposed to be a sporting competition we're involved in.

Makes me sick.