PDA

View Full Version : Crowd tonight

matty_f
12-03-2015, 12:17 AM
We often get threads on here with gripes about the support at the games, but tonight I thought there were two moments where the crowd really impressed with the backing we have the team.

The first was during a passage of possession where we had to play the ball back to Hanlon from a decent attacking position. There were some noises of discontent but those were quickly drowned out by applause from fans appreciating the need to keep the ball to keep the move going.

The second was the applause that Boyle received after his run and great cross went by everyone.

Last season (and even at the start of this season) those murmers of annoyance at the pass back would have been lost and more widespread, and rather than clapping Boyle that's would have been gripes about nobody getting on the end of the cross.

It was very refreshing to hear a support getting behind the players and what the manager is trying to achieve.

Well done to the support.

portyhibernian
12-03-2015, 12:25 AM
Agree, give the fans something to support and they will!! It's been a while but under Stubbs it seems that happy days are here again!

H18S NX
12-03-2015, 12:27 AM
I thought that too,just a bit disappointed at the attendance though.

Ozyhibby
12-03-2015, 12:39 AM
We often get threads on here with gripes about the support at the games, but tonight I thought there were two moments where the crowd really impressed with the backing we have the team.

The first was during a passage of possession where we had to play the ball back to Hanlon from a decent attacking position. There were some noises of discontent but those were quickly drowned out by applause from fans appreciating the need to keep the ball to keep the move going.

The second was the applause that Boyle received after his run and great cross went by everyone.

Last season (and even at the start of this season) those murmers of annoyance at the pass back would have been lost and more widespread, and rather than clapping Boyle that's would have been gripes about nobody getting on the end of the cross.

It was very refreshing to hear a support getting behind the players and what the manager is trying to achieve.

Less than 8000 is disappointing though. Performances have improved and a lot of work has been done but its going to take a monumental effort to get some fans to trust the club again.

The Harp Awakes
12-03-2015, 01:13 AM
Less than 8000 is disappointing though. Performances have improved and a lot of work has been done but its going to take a monumental effort to get some fans to trust the club again.

For Clubs outside the OF, attendances are all about selling STs. This year is our lowest ebb for a while. Next season regardless of the league we're in, our attendances won't drop below 10k, and hopefully way above that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2015, 01:17 AM
I was in the FF Stand, cannae believe how many folk think that two sideways passes is a reason to get upset. Maintaining possession whilst probing forward was quite impressive tonight, even if a lot of the final balls were not being tucked away.

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2015, 01:50 AM
I was in the FF Stand, cannae believe how many folk think that two sideways passes is a reason to get upset. Maintaining possession whilst probing forward was quite impressive tonight, even if a lot of the final balls were not being tucked away.

Had this discussion with my mate a couple of times during the game. You could hear the grumbles starting when Hibs switched the play from side to side, they didn't amount to much in the end thankfully. Better to move the ball looking for an opening than hoof it up the park and give it away.

Considering what's at stake I thought the crowd was poor and apart from the Dundee Utd game its the first time this season I've thought that. We only have 4 regular season home games left against The Rangers, QotS, the Yams and Alloa. Lets hope a lot more people can be persuaded to back the team in those games ....... they deserve it FFS.

hibsbollah
12-03-2015, 05:56 AM
Another 'praise the fans' thread after scraping by a team bottom of the league. You couldnae make it up etc etc :grr:

Libby Hibby
12-03-2015, 06:16 AM
Another 'praise the fans' thread after scraping by a team bottom of the league. You couldnae make it up etc etc :grr:

Kinda agree with you but to me, last night was about playing the guys on the fringes to keep them as fresh as possible for the long run in ahead, not a pretty performance but 3 points non the less.

I think this 'praise the fans' type thread is a sign that perhaps a performance like last night in the past, the fans would've turned on the team and starting booing but instead the fans cheered the team on and the roar (relief) when we scored the winner was clearly evident, yes, there were a few moans and groans but generally there was positivity in the stands, something that's been sadly lacking for a while.

Onwards and upwards.

KeithTheHibby
12-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Less than 8k at the game, abysmal. At times I'm not sure how much more that club can do to entice fans back.

Cameron1875
12-03-2015, 07:50 AM
East stand as quiet as mice despite the singing section trying their best to gee everyone up.

Disappointing.

Scottie
12-03-2015, 07:50 AM
We are getting as obsessed with attendances as the gimps :agree:

matty_f
12-03-2015, 08:02 AM
We are getting as obsessed with attendances as the gimps :agree:

The original post in the thread never mentioned the attendance at all.

Oscar T Grouch
12-03-2015, 08:12 AM

Was saying this to my mate last night. In fact it wasn't until the 72nd minute that I heard the first descenting voice around me. A guy totally lost it and started screaming that djedje was ******. Thought the crowd was really positive last night and it shows we're starting to trust the team again.
There was the old guy at the end marching away stating "well that was a pile of ******" wtf?!? 3 points and a win 😳

dangermouse
12-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Was saying this to my mate last night. In fact it wasn't until the 72nd minute that I heard the first descenting voice around me. A guy totally lost it and started screaming that djedje was ******. Thought the crowd was really positive last night and it shows we're starting to trust the team again.
There was the old guy at the end marching away stating "well that was a pile of ******" wtf?!? 3 points and a win 

You have to wonder what some people need from the team to come away from Easter Road without moaning. I thought last night was a good performance just lacking a little in the final third. I lost count of the number of balls across the six yard box that were put in that were begging to be poked over the line. Defensively we seemed OK but disappointing that their only real chance ended up in the net. Great through ball by Craig and sublime cross by Lewis for the goals.:greengrin

Although the crowd were quiet, there was a point when even the West Stand began to join in (and before anyone gives me grief about that I sit in the West Lower).

All in all, an entertaining evening and happy with 3 points. Would we have said that last season?

Pretty Boy
12-03-2015, 08:33 AM
Less than 8k at the game, abysmal. At times I'm not sure how much more that club can do to entice fans back.

Tbh it is poor but it's a Wednesday night against Livingston and it was relatively chilly. It's also mid month and we've had a few home games lately plus a semi final that will have to be paid for along with the hiked prices for Rangers. Not exactly one to get the walk ups going all out to make it along. If you were going to pick a game to miss that would seem the obvious one.

I'm a ST holder and had a totally rubbish day at work yesterday and I seriously considered having a warm night on the couch with a couple of bottles of beer. In the end I went to the game. Our attendances on Saturdays are slowly increasing and I'm sure that will continue towards the end of the season.

Hermit Crab
12-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Only around 500 sold for Cowdenbeath so far.

greenlex
12-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Not only at the game Matty. This place has been a much better place of late with the usual suspects conspicuous by their absence. You know who you are. You'll be looking in and itching to get Your tuppence worth in when the inevitable happens.

Speedy
12-03-2015, 08:38 AM

Not much less than the Dumbarton & Cowdenbeath games which isn't bad for a Wed night.

Also have to remember it's 3 days after a discounted cup game, your occasional walk ups would favour that out of the two.

Thecat23
12-03-2015, 08:54 AM
For Clubs outside the OF, attendances are all about selling STs. This year is our lowest ebb for a while. Next season regardless of the league we're in, our attendances won't drop below 10k, and hopefully way above that.

As much as I'd like to think we wouldn't drop below 10k I think your wrong. Even if we go up we will still have games like last night where folk will just sack it. If we stay down I'll bet you all the money in the world our gates drop below 10k for almost every game. It's a shame Stubbs has came in at this time because so many have been that pissed off with the style of play under Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher that they are now in the habit of doing other things on game day.

If we can all try bring a few back as I'm sure most of us know someone who has chucked it then that will help. But we are miles away from having over 10k each home game.

MB62
12-03-2015, 09:10 AM

There are probably quite a few reasons why fans never turned up last night that maybe normally would.

Two home games within days of each other is a big ask financially if you are not a S.T. holder
£22 is a lot to ask for a midweek lower div game against the bottom of the league
On that theme, I would suggest most people are maybe still trying to recover financially from Christmas/New Year
For those that do have some spare cash, the Cheltenham festival is on and I know a good few who take time off work for this and spend the day in the pub/bookies watching it. After an afternoon of horse racing/drinking, football is probably the last thing they then want to go to at night
Champions league football live on telly on another freezing cold night

Whether we like it or not, football is competing with other things to win the pound from your pocket and those that run our game maybe have to give more consideration to the timing of such games.

CB_NO3
12-03-2015, 09:35 AM
3500 cup fans missing from Sunday. Where did they all go?

Leithenhibby
12-03-2015, 09:52 AM
There are probably quite a few reasons why fans never turned up last night that maybe normally would.

Two home games within days of each other is a big ask financially if you are not a S.T. holder
£22 is a lot to ask for a midweek lower div game against the bottom of the league
On that theme, I would suggest most people are maybe still trying to recover financially from Christmas/New Year
For those that do have some spare cash, the Cheltenham festival is on and I know a good few who take time off work for this and spend the day in the pub/bookies watching it. After an afternoon of horse racing/drinking, football is probably the last thing they then want to go to at night

Whether we like it or not, football is competing with other things to win the pound from your pocket and those that run our game maybe have to give more consideration to the timing of such games.

Tbis, agree 100% ;-)

Phil MaGlass
12-03-2015, 09:54 AM
champions league was on the telly aswell

12-03-2015, 10:02 AM

This is where is kind of feel for Stubbs and the team. New manager and new team from last season who have done so well yet are not getting the bigger crowds they deserve.

I totally get why many people walked away after last seasons latest humiliation but we have turned a corner now, Stubbs has us playing really good football unlike the hoofball bore fest Butcher had us playing and more importantly we are getting results. The club has a lot of making up to do to the fans but we now have a team that is actually fighting for the cause and playing for the jersey unlike the bunch of gutless no-marks we have had in recent years who looked like they couldn't care less. We have got ourselves into a position where we have a really good shot for promotion and even made it to the latter stages of the SC again. The run from now till the end of the season is going to be really exciting so I urge as many hibees as possible to get yourselves along to ER and get right behind Stubbs and the team.

I believe Stubbs is the man to take us back to where we need to be. The transition was never going to happen over night, the mess we were in was far too big for their to be a "quick fix" but we are definitely on the right road and certainly turned things around a lot quicker than expected. There is still a long way to go before we get to where we want to be but I think we will get there.

KeithTheHibby
12-03-2015, 10:06 AM
champions league was on the telly aswell

That's the worst excuse for not going. Having no cash is one thing, staying in to watch Chelsea is another.

Andy74
12-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Still enough folk to boo Craig the first time he did something wrong.

lord bunberry
12-03-2015, 10:44 AM
I was working

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2015, 11:11 AM
That's the worst excuse for not going. Having no cash is one thing, staying in to watch Chelsea is another.

Couldn't agree more KTH.

Unfortunately it must be a factor. If you are dithering about going and the alternative is Coronation street or East Enders ye might just grab yer coat. If its watching the Shampions league its a different matter.

For my part I couldn't care less if they were playing the Shampions league final in my back garden ... its Hibs every time.

It is however highly amusing that the self proclaimed best league in the world doesn't look like providing a single quarter finalist.

Geo_1875
12-03-2015, 11:15 AM

I can't believe that would stop a Hibs supporter from going to the game.

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2015, 11:29 AM

Me neither Geo ....... but as I said above, there's no doubt it does.

Its pretty galling knowing I have driven to Selkirk to pick up my pal who has rushed home from his job to grab a quick bite & a shower before we drive the 40 miles up to ER and all the while folk who live within a few miles of the stadium cant be bothered, coz its a wee bit chilly outside and a couple of teams they have no emotional attachment to are on the telly.

MB62
12-03-2015, 11:41 AM

It personally would never stop me going to see the Hibs, I couldn't care less about the champions league, but it could be a deciding factor for others amongst other reasons.

I could discuss this deeper but I think another big reason is, we are still paying the price for relegation and £22 to watch Livingston is a price that is not attractive on a midweek.
Good on those that are willing to go and pay and support the team, it's just not for everybody.

Speedy
12-03-2015, 12:26 PM

It'll be a factor. I imagine this would be a fairly common thought process:

"It's cold/wet and I'm up early tomorrow morning, F' it, I'll just save myself £22 and watch the Chelsea game"

Edit: I suppose it's about breaking people's habits as much as anything else.

Mathias Jack
12-03-2015, 12:34 PM

This ^^^^^^^ :top marks

Would those fans rather we tried to pass the ball forward and lose possession, or pass it sideways and keep it? I know what i'd rather have...

Cammy
12-03-2015, 12:41 PM

My 2 kids had school the next day so I didn't let them go(Bad Dad). But I'd imagine that there were a few that would be in a similar position and some parents that couldnt go as a result. I was there though :devil:

green&left
12-03-2015, 12:46 PM
East stand as quiet as mice despite the singing section trying their best to gee everyone up.

Disappointing.

Now the Fila and Ellesse wearing young team have stopped their smoke bombs, the singing section should move back upto the top of Section 43, or even half way up it. There's to much a gap between them down the front and the bulk of the standers up the back.

hibsbollah
12-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Kinda agree with you but to me, last night was about playing the guys on the fringes to keep them as fresh as possible for the long run in ahead, not a pretty performance but 3 points non the less.

I think this 'praise the fans' type thread is a sign that perhaps a performance like last night in the past, the fans would've turned on the team and starting booing but instead the fans cheered the team on and the roar (relief) when we scored the winner was clearly evident, yes, there were a few moans and groans but generally there was positivity in the stands, something that's been sadly lacking for a while.

Onwards and upwards.

My post was more than a bit tongue in cheek. :offski: Not the first time ive made the mistake of not being obvious enough in my use of smileys. I was referring to the fact these threads often degenerate into 'its the fans fault/no it isnt' bunfight.

Sir David Gray
12-03-2015, 03:38 PM

Financial reasons are the only part of that I agree with.

Everything else is completely irrelevant in my book. People are either Hibs fans or they're not.

If you can't afford to go then that's fair enough but other sporting events shouldn't come into it.

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2015, 03:45 PM

Everything else is completely irrelevant in my book. People are either Hibs fans or they're not.

If you can't afford to go then that's fair enough but other sporting events shouldn't come into it.

There are at least 50 shades of green.

Hermit Crab
12-03-2015, 03:46 PM
I had a spare ticket last night and one of the excuses I got was because the Chelsea game being on......... They all want tickets for a semi or final though don't they?

silverhibee
12-03-2015, 04:18 PM

Sorry but my family come before Hibs, and when someone very close to me is in hospital i will be visiting that person as much as i can rather than going along to watch Hibs just now.

Aldo
12-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Sorry but my family come before Hibs, and when someone very close to me is in hospital i will be visiting that person as much as i can rather than going along to watch Hibs just now.

Agreed.

Each to their own IMHO.

So if I can afford it but can't go does that then make me less of a Hibs fan than someone else??

I went with a few who used to be on here home and away for nearly a decade, spent thousands of pounds travelling the country watching push poor Hibs teams.

That was my choice and no one else's.

I wonder never every slate anyone for not going regardless of if they could afford it or not.

I go when I can but because of work and family I cannot go when I want. We are at Cowdenbeath on Sat 30 mins from my house yet I'm not able to go because I'm spending time with my girls because I've worked all week. I still see myself as a Hibs fan but it's obvious that I'm not by others opinions on here.

I am not one for rocking the boat etc on here but folk really need to be a bit more respectful to others just because they can go and other folk can't.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Agreed.

Each to their own IMHO.

So if I can afford it but can't go does that then make me less of a Hibs fan than someone else??

I went with a few who used to be on here home and away for nearly a decade, spent thousands of pounds travelling the country watching push poor Hibs teams.

I wonder never every slate anyone for not going regardless of if they could afford it or not.

I go when I can but because of work and family I cannot go when I want. We are at Cowdenbeath on Sat 30 mins from my house yet I'm not able to go because I'm spending time with my girls because I've worked all week. I still see myself as a Hibs fan but it's obvious that I'm not by others opinions on here.

I am not one for rocking the boat etc on here but folk really need to be a bit more respectful to others just because they can go and other folk can't.

Well said Aldo !

Pete
12-03-2015, 05:49 PM
There are at least 50 shades of green.

There's not. You either care or you don't.

I think some people are misunderstanding trigs post and who he's talking about.

Thecat23
12-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Agreed.

Each to their own IMHO.

Couldn't agree more mate.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2015, 07:05 PM

Why not? Surely people can make the choice to watch another sporting event if they so please. Does it really make them any less of a fan\supporter if occasionally they choose something else over Hibs.

Speedy
12-03-2015, 07:11 PM

Pish!

You can still be a Hibs fan even if it's not your first priority all the time.

CB_NO3
12-03-2015, 07:12 PM

I agree. If you cant afford it then thats fine. You may have something else happening in your life on a Wednesday night and thats fine, but if you chose to watch Chelsea v PSG before going then your a numpty.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2015, 07:17 PM
I agree. If you cant afford it then thats fine. You may have something else happening in your life on a Wednesday night and thats fine, but if you chose to watch Chelsea v PSG before going then your a numpty.

Or a Chelsea supporting Hibs fan!

Carheenlea
12-03-2015, 07:21 PM
It was a disappointing turnout, but the two home games in 4 days is obviously a factor for walk up fans. I honestly didn`t know Chelsea were playing a Champions League game last night, and don`t really think that would be a factor in our crowd.
Despite that, I was encouraged to see some fans from my home town at the game who are starting to return on a more regular basis, so that was a positive.

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2015, 07:30 PM

I've read it a few times now. Still don't get your point. And neither do a few others, it seems.

Happy to hear Trig's explanation, but for now it feels a bit Uber-fan ish.

PPZPOL
12-03-2015, 07:46 PM

Correct. Same in this East, some folk want a player to control, turn and ping a 40 yarder in one fluent movement. Some of the passes folk are screaming players to play are not possible unless the player in question dislocates his ankle and leg, spins his torso 180 degrees then turns his head 360 degrees. Its incredible some of the shouts but it'll be same at every ground around country.

Get down to pitch level and see how hard it is, simple when you are sitting looking down at pitch from a higher vantage point.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Correct. Same in this East, some folk want a player to control, turn and ping a 40 yarder in one fluent movement. Some of the passes folk are screaming players to play are not possible unless the player in question dislocates his ankle and leg, spins his torso 180 degrees then turns his head 360 degrees. Its incredible some of the shouts but it'll be same at every ground around country.

Get down to pitch level and see how hard it is, simple when you are sitting looking down at pitch from a higher vantage point.

That is a massive valid point :agree:

Sir David Gray
12-03-2015, 07:50 PM

The post I quoted made no mention of people not going because they might be visiting an ill friend or relative. I thought it was clear that I was referring solely to the reasons outlined in the post that I quoted.

I think it goes without saying that family is more important than a football club and that most people would miss a game of football if they are visiting someone in hospital.

Thank you.

Why not? Surely people can make the choice to watch another sporting event if they so please. Does it really make them any less of a fan\supporter if occasionally they choose something else over Hibs.

I would say so, yes. If you choose to sit in the house or pub and watch horse racing or the Chelsea game when Hibs are playing at home in an important game at an important point in the season then I'm really struggling to understand how anyone would have a problem with me saying that the 7000 odd who were at Easter Road last night are more dedicated supporters than those who could afford to go but chose not to because they were watching something on the telly.

Pish!

You can still be a Hibs fan even if it's not your first priority all the time.

Please read my response to Scouse Hibee above.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2015, 07:57 PM
The post I quoted made no mention of people not going because they might be visiting an ill friend or relative. I thought it was clear that I was referring solely to the reasons outlined in the post that I quoted.

I think it goes without saying that family is more important than a football club and that most people would miss a game of football if they are visiting someone in hospital.

Thank you.

I would say so, yes. If you choose to sit in the house or pub and watch horse racing or the Chelsea game when Hibs are playing at home in an important game at an important point in the season then I'm really struggling to understand how anyone would have a problem with me saying that the 7000 odd who were at Easter Road last night are more dedicated supporters than those who could afford to go but chose not to because they were watching something on the telly.

Please read my response to Scouse Hibee above.

You never mentioned being more dedicated supporters in your OP, that's a completely different argument to me. Some people are so dedicated that they can't bear to miss any games, other folk prioritise, it doesn't make them better/worse fans to me.

Speedy
12-03-2015, 08:05 PM
You never mentioned being more dedicated supporters in your OP, that's a completely different argument to me. Some people are so dedicated that they can't bear to miss any games, other folk prioritise, it doesn't make them better/worse fans to me.

Agree, the first post was very black and white.

Some people are very dedicated to Hibs, others however have other sporting interests but are still Hibs fans.

MB62
12-03-2015, 08:06 PM

whether you agree or not Trig is actually the irrelevant part, the points I made are merely facts. People do have other interests in life and as previously stated, I know a good few, s.t. holders included, where this Cheltenham festival is a major interest for them, in the past they have gone down for it and stayed a few days, does that make them lesser Hibs fans if they had possibly missed a game because of it?

I also believe we are still suffering from years of mismanagement both on and off the park and we are just so used to being kicked in the sore places when things are looking good. The new management are turning things around and this set of players are the best I have seen in a long time, the manner of the win last night was something that just wouldn't have happened in the past, although there was certainly a feeling of 'here we go again' after 88 mins.
I am not in a contest with anybody to be best or worst Hibs fan, merely given possible reasons for the level of last night's attendance
Nobody HAS to go to Easter Road, it is a choice everyone makes and decisions are based on many factors, whether some agree with that or not.

Sir David Gray
12-03-2015, 08:16 PM

I don't really want to get too bogged down in this sort of discussion to be honest. I only replied with that last post because I was asked to clarify my earlier point.

Suffice to say, I think that choosing to sit and watch the Chelsea game or the horse racing on tv instead of going to Easter Road to watch Hibs is really poor form and I also think that if you accept my point about dedication then that automatically extends itself, in my mind, to saying that anyone who went last night is more of a supporter than anyone who chose to sit at home/pub in front of the tv.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2015, 08:28 PM
I don't really want to get too bogged down in this sort of discussion to be honest. I only replied with that last post because I was asked to clarify my earlier point.

Suffice to say, I think that choosing to sit and watch the Chelsea game or the horse racing on tv instead of going to Easter Road to watch Hibs is really poor form and I also think that if you accept my point about dedication then that automatically extends itself, in my mind, to saying that anyone who went last night is more of a supporter than anyone who chose to sit at home/pub in front of the tv.

Will agree to disagree on this one and call it a day.

AjaxTreesdown
12-03-2015, 08:41 PM

Fan: an enthusiastic devotee.

Sacked the champions league and paid the £22 to watch the Cabbage... Why... Devoted.

:gwa:

Lago
12-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Poor attendance, not really, much as I would have expected on a cold, wet, mid week night. 2nd game in 4 days and whether we like it or not Livi in the Championship doesn't rock everyones boat. Also as I said in a previous post people have got out of the HABIT of going to ER and frankly this wasn't a game to have them rushing back.

bookert
12-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Poor attendance, not really, much as I would have expected on a cold, wet, mid week night. 2nd game in 4 days and whether we like it or not Livi in the Championship doesn't rock everyones boat. Also as I said in a previous post people have got out of the HABIT of going to ER and frankly this wasn't a game to have them rushing back.

It wasnt wet in Leith last night and it wasnt that cold. It was a disappointing crowd though. It was also a game that took Hibs firmly into second place in the League.

Alfred E Newman
12-03-2015, 10:18 PM
There was the old guy at the end marching away stating "well that was a pile of ******" wtf?!? 3 points and a win 

It wisnae me!

Sir David Gray
12-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Will agree to disagree on this one and call it a day.

Don't tell me that we're going to agree on something again.

That will be the third time in a month FFS. :bitchy:

Alfred E Newman
12-03-2015, 10:36 PM
It wasnt wet in Leith last night and it wasnt that cold. It was a disappointing crowd though. It was also a game that took Hibs firmly into second place in the League.

Even if it was just Livingston , last night game was crucial in our bid for second place. As Stubbs says, we are now at the business end of the season and it is the most consistent team from now in that will take the honours. I would have expected a bigger crowd last night , especially after Rangers slipping up the night before. While I fully appreciate that cost is a major factor anyone that said yhey can't afford to go because they spent the day in the pub watching the racing is not really committed to the club.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Was surprised at how small the crowd was last night, but there must be large numbers of season ticket holders who often don't turn up. Buying my ticket online there were only a handful of single seats available in the middle section of East, turn up and there are loads of empty seats.

silverhibee
13-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Agreed.

Each to their own IMHO.

Spot on Aldo.

It's only a football game. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Agreed.

Each to their own IMHO.

You clearly have either not read what I said in my first post or have misinterpreted what I said.

At no point have I even suggested that people should be considered to be less of a Hibs fan because they have put family before football or because they can't go because of work commitments.

I despair sometimes.

Pete
13-03-2015, 03:15 AM
I've read it a few times now. Still don't get your point. And neither do a few others, it seems.

Happy to hear Trig's explanation, but for now it feels a bit Uber-fan ish.

It's not really my point...and I was more agreeing the phrase trig used than directly disagreeing with anything you said.

He's explained himself now and I guessed that's where he was coming from.

I do agree with the term "you're either a hibs fan or you aren't". My criteria isn't solely based on attendance, it's about how much you care. There's nothing wrong with choosing other things to do now and again because life is indeed more complicated than saying bye to the family every time there is a hibs match. It's the guys who wish they could be in two places at once or are glued to the radio or on here when they can't go who are the real deal.

One thing I can't be doing with is the so called hibs fans who tell all and sundry that they flat out refuse to go because they have lost interest/ they don't like the board/ have better things to do/ aren't being entertained/ we sold Kenny Millar etc...
Wether it's sitting in pubs or on here, it's one big "look at me".

"Look at me with all my fancy principles". "My life is so interesting that I've simply no room for this ridiculous activity that is frankly wasting my precious time". "Blah blah".

I don't care if I sound like an über fan or not, if you brag about not going, mump about how the club isn't doing it for you anymore or are on a wee boycott then you fall into the "aren't" category. It might sound harsh but I'm sorry, if you want sympathy or understanding then don't look here, listen to the club as its their job to win you back.

...and if you choose to sit in the house and watch Barcelona or Chelsea when you could easily be at the game then I am with Trig 100%. We needed every fan possible last night as it was part of a crucial period that is coming up.

Before anyone slaughters me there are obvious exceptions. For example, I wouldn't dare judge anyone who says it isn't worth it right now if they have to travel a really long distance every week. There's no way I would travel the distances some of you do.

Pete
13-03-2015, 03:29 AM
Agreed.

Each to their own IMHO.

I'd like to apologise for Aldo's outburst. His season-ticket holding owner will be notified and he will be disciplined accordingly. I'll make sure of it.

Geez, you give these people an inch and they take a mile. :rolleyes:

Aldo
13-03-2015, 07:22 AM
You clearly have either not read what I said in my first post or have misinterpreted what I said. At no point have I even suggested that people should be considered to be less of a Hibs fan because they have put family before football or because they can't go because of work commitments. I despair sometimes.

Prob a wee misinterpretation your quote being either you are or your not!

No offence meant but still stand by what I say!

😁

And you only despair sometimes ???

😉

Aldo
13-03-2015, 07:25 AM
I'd like to apologise for Aldo's outburst. His season-ticket holding owner will be notified and he will be disciplined accordingly. I'll make sure of it. Geez, you give these people an inch and they take a mile. :rolleyes:

No need to apologise on my behalf big enough and ugly enough PD. ;-)

As for my ST holding owner unfortunately he's imaginary so I'll just discipline myself. :-)

As for you last sentence.... I'd take a marathon if I could.

I do like a happy camp!! :-)

Allant1981
13-03-2015, 07:40 AM
I must be a bad fan as i really couldnt be bothered going, i finished work and had to decide between staying in edinburgh for another few hours before the game then another hour to get home after the game or just go straight home and home won.

MB62
13-03-2015, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=malcolm-bogie;4324096] While I fully appreciate that cost is a major factor anyone that said they can't afford to go because they spent the day in the pub watching the racing is not really committed to the clubQUOTE]

Maybe that's just where we are at these days as a club Malcolm, a die hard 7,500. Maybe many years of suffering under Rod and his various managers have taken its toll and it's going to take a sustained effort under the new crew to get the real 'feel good factor' back.
Everyone will have their own interests in life, make their own choices, and it will be water of a ducks back to some to be accused of not being committed to the club because they enjoyed themselves in the afternoon doing something else, there will be no sleep lost.
I know a few season ticket holders who went down to Liverpool for the weekend a couple of weeks back and missed the game at ER, I wouldn't accuse them of 'not being committed' though, they just fancied doing something different that day.

I would say that the present team probably deserve better or more support but the bottom line is, we are a championship side fighting only for 2nd place in the league, but still being charged SPL prices, and that is probably THE main reason why people are finding it hard to get themselves along to the games.

Dav1986
13-03-2015, 09:06 AM

What a load of bollocks!

I suppose I am not a hibs fan because I decided to play for my team instead of going on Wednesday?

I thought we had moved past this uberfan debate?!

hibs0666
13-03-2015, 09:54 AM
I must be a bad fan as i really couldnt be bothered going, i finished work and had to decide between staying in edinburgh for another few hours before the game then another hour to get home after the game or just go straight home and home won.

That's fair enough, but Superhibi? :wink:

green day
13-03-2015, 09:57 AM
Look, no sense all getting on each others backs about this.

We have had 7+ years of crap to put up with so no surprise people drifted away.

I had a season every year from when I was aged14-40 and went home and away - then gave it up as I was totally sick and have been an occasional walk up / cup run glory hunter ever since.

I signed up for HSL and am now seriously thinking about getting a FF lower season for me and my son for next year as it just feels.......difficult to explain but........good to be a hibby again?

I think our season ticket sales will be better next year - but much will depend on how we fare in the cup and potential playoffs - bit of a chicken/egg though, as the club want our cash to re-sign players, and many ditherers might wait to buy seasons only if we are successful !

NAE NOOKIE
13-03-2015, 10:44 AM
What a load of bollocks!

I suppose I am not a hibs fan because I decided to play for my team instead of going on Wednesday?

We will never move past the Uberfan debate Shaft. Here's a helpful list of acceptable and unacceptable reasons for not going.

Acceptable

1) .......... I cant afford it

2) ........... I need to spend time with my family / family commitment

3) ........... I am playing for my own sports team that day

4) ........... I live more than an hour by car from ER ....... ( not all Uberfans will accept this )

5) ........... I have given up watching Hibs altogether ...... ( acceptable only if you don't keep boring us with why all the time )

Unacceptable

1) ........... The weather ( unless you are elderly or have a medical condition )

2) ........... There is football on the telly

3) ........... The team are performing poorly

4) ........... The opposition isn't of sufficient quality

5) ........... Rod Petrie

Neither list is exhaustive. :greengrin

silverhibee
13-03-2015, 11:10 AM
It's not really my point...and I was more agreeing the phrase trig used than directly disagreeing with anything you said.

He's explained himself now and I guessed that's where he was coming from.

I do agree with the term "you're either a hibs fan or you aren't". My criteria isn't solely based on attendance, it's about how much you care. There's nothing wrong with choosing other things to do now and again because life is indeed more complicated than saying bye to the family every time there is a hibs match. It's the guys who wish they could be in two places at once or are glued to the radio or on here when they can't go who are the real deal.

One thing I can't be doing with is the so called hibs fans who tell all and sundry that they flat out refuse to go because they have lost interest/ they don't like the board/ have better things to do/ aren't being entertained/ we sold Kenny Millar etc...
Wether it's sitting in pubs or on here, it's one big "look at me".

"Look at me with all my fancy principles". "My life is so interesting that I've simply no room for this ridiculous activity that is frankly wasting my precious time". "Blah blah".

I don't care if I sound like an über fan or not, if you brag about not going, mump about how the club isn't doing it for you anymore or are on a wee boycott then you fall into the "aren't" category. It might sound harsh but I'm sorry, if you want sympathy or understanding then don't look here, listen to the club as its their job to win you back.

...and if you choose to sit in the house and watch Barcelona or Chelsea when you could easily be at the game then I am with Trig 100%. We needed every fan possible last night as it was part of a crucial period that is coming up.

Before anyone slaughters me there are obvious exceptions. For example, I wouldn't dare judge anyone who says it isn't worth it right now if they have to travel a really long distance every week. There's no way I would travel the distances some of you do.

You can't be a uber fan though, you can't even spell the name of a ex player, or did we have the guy from The Sun on our books at one point. :wink: :na na:

hibee-boys
13-03-2015, 11:24 AM
I had a season ticket for around 10 years, gave that up when I had a family and became a very occasional PATG supporter, happened to coincide with us playing horrendous football. In truth, it stopped becoming a habit and it's only now, since Stubbs & co have breathed some life into the club, that I've got the bug back. I now try and spend most of the time trying to twist my mates arm's to come along as well.

Blaster
13-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Our supporters bus was down by at least 20 from Saturday games mainly due to folk with young kids. Getting home after 10 is too late for younger kids on a school night

Pete
13-03-2015, 03:35 PM
You can't be a uber fan though, you can't even spell the name of a ex player, or did we have the guy from The Sun on our books at one point. :wink: :na na:

Damn, I knew I should have used an easy name like Gary O'Conner instead.

Eyrie
13-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Damn, I knew I should have used an easy name like Gary O'Conner instead.

It's spelt J - O - H ....

Baldy Foghorn
13-03-2015, 08:00 PM
It's spelt J - O - H ....

:greengrin:greengrin

Dav1986
13-03-2015, 08:10 PM
We will never move past the Uberfan debate Shaft. Here's a helpful list of acceptable and unacceptable reasons for not going.

Acceptable

4) ........... I live more than an hour by car from ER ....... ( not all Uberfans will accept this )

5) ........... I have given up watching Hibs altogether ...... ( acceptable only if you don't keep boring us with why all the time )

Unacceptable

1) ........... The weather ( unless you are elderly or have a medical condition )

seems that way.

Thanks for the list :greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-03-2015, 09:07 PM
What a load of bollocks!

I think I have made my point quite clear on a number of occasions on this thread.

I've had enough of this conversation now.

Phil MaGlass
14-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Too late for the kids that will take a few hundred off the gate straight away,
champs league fitba,
saving money for semi,
Travel time,
Work

What I would like to say is, if you are a ST holder and cant make it for whatever reason, try giving your st to someone else

DH1875
14-03-2015, 11:19 AM
I dont know what people are expecting. A mid week game against livi is never gonna draw in the crowds. Yes we pay to watch hibs but a lot of our support dont live in Edinburgh and arent gonna break there backs getting to ER for half 7 when they have just done a hard days graft and not finished till half 5, 6 o'clock. Not for a game against livi anyway.

The rangers game is the game to asses crowds. Its massive and would love to see it sold out. Cant see it but hopeful of at least 17k + being there. If not, then thats the time to moan about folks not going.

matty_f
14-03-2015, 01:19 PM
This thread was started to praise the fans!! :faf:

AjaxTreesdown
14-03-2015, 02:24 PM

Acceptable

Unacceptable

:aok: