PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie

Phil D. Rolls
11-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Another great performance tonight - how come he wasn't MOTM?

Pretty Boy
11-03-2015, 10:26 PM
How Boyle got MOTM is beyond me.

He had a good 20 minutes at the end of the 1st half but was wasteful before that and non existent in the 2nd half.

Fyvie and Fontaine were streets ahead of everyone else on the park tonight.

11-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Looked to be struggling for a wee while but thankfully looked to shake it off.

Good game by him tonight :thumbsup:

Iain G
11-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Looked to be struggling for a wee while but thankfully looked to shake it off.

Good game by him tonight :thumbsup:

The only one who kept their energy levels up for that flat, uninspiring second half.

Stuarty27
11-03-2015, 10:33 PM
How Boyle got MOTM is beyond me.

He had a good 20 minutes at the end of the 1st half but was wasteful before that and non existent in the 2nd half.

Fyvie and Fontaine were streets ahead of everyone else on the park tonight.

Spot on

Ronniekirk
11-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Even Preston and Shields agreed he was the one standout for Hibs

Onion
11-03-2015, 10:40 PM

:agree: Brilliant piece of business by Stubbs. FF has walked straight into the side as if he'd be playing in it for years . Quality signing :thumbsup:

Up The Bracket
11-03-2015, 10:58 PM
I thought Liam Craig was a contender for tonight and would have been my pick, however he'll never get Man of the Match because he's Liam Craig

Wilson
11-03-2015, 11:00 PM
Even Preston and Shields agreed he was the one standout for Hibs

Preston? Must be bollocks then...

Phil D. Rolls
11-03-2015, 11:00 PM
The only one who kept their energy levels up for that flat, uninspiring second half.

Great point I. :wink:

:agree: Brilliant piece of business by Stubbs. FF has walked straight into the side as if he'd be playing in it for years . Quality signing :thumbsup:

Agreed - hope we can get him signed up permanently.

Real Emerald
11-03-2015, 11:06 PM

That was my shout too, always looked to create and seemed to have the energy others were lacking, which was odd.

007 Mickey Weir
11-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Sat beside Frasers dad at the game. He says Fraser is loving life at Hibs. He really hopes we go up and Fraser gets offered a longer contract which he would snap up.

Best dressing room and coaching team he has been in.

wookie70
11-03-2015, 11:12 PM
I thought Liam Craig was a contender for tonight and would have been my pick, however he'll never get Man of the Match because he's Liam Craig

I thought he was definitely our best player in the first half but understandably faded a wee bit in the second. Fyvie did well but I thought over the 90 Fontaine should have won MOTM. JJ was very poor and I couldn't believe he stayed on and Jason got subbed but it worked out well in the end.

Scottie
11-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Sat beside Frasers dad at the game. He says Fraser is loving life at Hibs. He really hopes we go up and Fraser gets offered a longer contract which he would snap up.

That's great news and refreshing to hear. :aok:

Ronniekirk
11-03-2015, 11:21 PM
I thought he was definitely our best player in the first half but understandably faded a wee bit in the second. Fyvie did well but I thought over the 90 Fontaine should have won MOTM. JJ was very poor and I couldn't believe he stayed on and Jason got subbed but it worked out well in the end.

Jason was looking tired it said and that was same at Ibrox when subbed so Stubbs wouldn't want to tire him out as he needs his top scorer fresh for Cowdenbeath game .Is Malonga injured or was he just rested

Iain G
11-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Great point I. :wink:

Glad you agree with me J :wink:

Cropley10
11-03-2015, 11:25 PM

Really? He doesn't get man of the match because the vast majority of the time he plays the ball backwards or square, he rarely checks over his shoulders to see if he can turn out with the ball. He can't beat a man and his set pieces are predictable; corners are grabbed by the keeper, free kicks often hit the first defender although one tonight on the edge of the box went directly into the keeper's midriff. He also had one shot second half which was very poor.

I watch him a lot and think he is slow and cautious on the ball mostly, especially compared to Fyvie, Dylan, Allan who are sharper and more direct.

However he wasn't MOTM tonight because he was substituted. Probably because he was ineffectual rather than because he was especially good.

However I met him a few weeks back and he's a bright personable bloke. I just think he's not someone who appears to have any confidence or particular centre mid skills.

Jonnyboy
11-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Really? He doesn't get man of the match because the vast majority of the time he plays the ball backwards or square, he rarely checks over his shoulders to see if he can turn out with the ball. He can't beat a man and his set pieces are predictable; corners are grabbed by the keeper, free kicks often hit the first defender although one tonight on the edge of the box went directly into the keeper's midriff. He also had one shot second half which was very poor.

I watch him a lot and think he is slow and cautious on the ball mostly, especially compared to Fyvie, Dylan, Allan who are sharper and more direct.

However he wasn't MOTM tonight because he was substituted. Probably because he was ineffectual rather than because he was especially good.

However I met him a few weeks back and he's a bright personable bloke. I just think he's not someone who appears to have any confidence or particular centre mid skills.

Deserves credit for the assist for Jason's goal though :agree:

H18S NX
11-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Fyvie or fontaine for me,was not impressed with craig

Iain G
11-03-2015, 11:31 PM

I think he is a good midfield player, its just that compared to Allan, McGeough and Fyvie (and Stanton and even Robertson) he looks pedestrian and less adventurous than those around him now and has dropped down the midfield pecking order.

I agree with you about his performance again tonight, he did keep the ball well but more often or not it was a sideways or backwards pass and he seems to be looking to offload the ball automatically as his first option instead of head up and move forward with it.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2015, 11:39 PM
This is not FF's fault but I still think we are far too slow getting forward. Boyle aside do we really have a lot of pace in the team? JC doesn't seem the be the quickest. We were getting into good positions out wide but checking back a lot of the time. Get the ball forward quickly, put the opposition on the back foot. If we'd done that tonight with real conviction then the game would have been well over and livvys goal would have been a mere consolation instead of an equaliser.

Something to work on in training perhaps. Oh one more thing, shoot on site. Several good shooting positions tonight but opted to pass instead then the move breaks down.

All about the result though. We got the much needed win but it could and should have been much more comfortable than it was.

MOTM was Fyvie or Fontaine, both of them pished it again tonight.

Mikey09
11-03-2015, 11:42 PM

This X 100,000,000!!! Stubbs hasn't just brought in quality players, he's brought in the right kind of players. Boys with the right attitude and desire to do well for there team mates, the club and the supporters. Spoke to a lad who plays in the development squad and he says it's like a different club from last season. He said the biggest difference is the togetherness of EVERYONE at Hibs. Players are enjoying going to work. Amazing what a good management team can do eh??

Real Emerald
11-03-2015, 11:53 PM
I think he is a good midfield player, its just that compared to Allan, McGeough and Fyvie (and Stanton and even Robertson) he looks pedestrian and less adventurous than those around him now and has dropped down the midfield pecking order.

I agree with you about his performance again tonight, he did keep the ball well but more often or not it was a sideways or backwards pass and he seems to be looking to offload the ball automatically as his first option instead of head up and move forward with it.

He had a good few chances to turn and make a forward creative pass but his first thought seems to be safe and back to where it came from. As someone else said there is a place for this but I don't think it should be his default setting. He didn't do anything wrong though and his ball to Cummings was brilliant. He must still need more confidence in him to make those turns and play more of those type of balls. He also needs to start doing it quickly or he will be even further down the pecking order.

SeanWilson
11-03-2015, 11:59 PM

Broke up play, however in the most part was pretty mediocre. So many players I'd rather give a starting slot to.

Phil D. Rolls
12-03-2015, 12:04 AM
This is not FF's fault but I still think we are far too slow getting forward. Boyle aside do we really have a lot of pace in the team? JC doesn't seem the be the quickest. We were getting into good positions out wide but checking back a lot of the time. Get the ball forward quickly, put the opposition on the back foot. If we'd done that tonight with real conviction then the game would have been well over and livvys goal would have been a mere consolation instead of an equaliser.

Something to work on in training perhaps. Oh one more thing, shoot on site. Several good shooting positions tonight but opted to pass instead then the move breaks down.

All about the result though. We got the much needed win but it could and should have been much more comfortable than it was.

MOTM was Fyvie or Fontaine, both of them pished it again tonight.

Spot on. :agree::top marks

eastcoasthibby
12-03-2015, 08:10 AM
a quality player who has a great reading of the game and ability to actually play in it, i watched him tonight again and his touch and passing ability is something to be admired, but something that i cottoned onto a few games ago was the runs and movement he has in him, getting into space, making space and getting over to support be an option to team mates. I watched the Berwick game on playback, noticing the amount of times he gets into the box, not always getting the ball, but in there and an option.

I personally value his ability as on a level with McGeoch and Allan, all 3 have similar qualities, but also slighlty different ones, which while they are all playing well makes us such a force and threat.

One short coming that the 3 seem to have is that when they get half a yard around the box they are reluctant to pull the trigger and shoot.

We need to get him signed up interesting insight from the comment from the poster who spoke to Fyvie's dad, it says it all about how important it is for us to get up or even win the cup, the players on loans or short term deals will sign new deals but if neither happen then they will be gone.

Cropley10
12-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Deserves credit for the assist for Jason's goal though :agree:

Yes he does..

Billy Whizz
12-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Yes he does..

He played an even better through ball to Jason, just before the goal, which Cummings hit wide

CockneyRebel
12-03-2015, 09:18 AM

Have to agree with you there.

MB62
12-03-2015, 09:23 AM
I personally value his ability as on a level with McGeoch and Allan, all 3 have similar qualities, but also slighlty different ones, which while they are all playing well makes us such a force and threat.

One short coming that the 3 seem to have is that when they get half a yard around the box they are reluctant to pull the trigger and shoot.

This is THE biggest difference between ourselves and the Yams, who seem to shoot on sight at every opporchancity, and they are good at it too. They seem to score 'wonder' goals from outside the box every week whilst our preference seems to be to pass it into the net.

We need to mix it up a bit more.

Still very much enjoying watching the best three midfield players possibly in the country, and the Hibees as a team (just have a shot every now and again lads :wink: :greengrin)

Phil D. Rolls
12-03-2015, 09:29 AM
This is THE biggest difference between ourselves and the Yams, who seem to shoot on sight at every opporchancity, and they are good at it too. They seem to score 'wonder' goals from outside the box every week whilst our preference seems to be to pass it into the net.

We need to mix it up a bit more.

Still very much enjoying watching the best three midfield players possibly in the country, and the Hibees as a team (just have a shot every now and again lads :wink: :greengrin)

I don't know if it's how they are being told to play, but there is a tendency to try and pass the ball into the net. Hopefully, as their confidence grows they'll start to shoot more readily.

That said the strikers should be converting more chances. If we had lost last night, it would be as much their fault as anyone else's.

Borderhibbie76
12-03-2015, 09:37 AM

Strangely i find myself agreeing with you and im one of Craig's harshest critics. He looked up for it tonight and played a blinder of a ball for 1st goal. IMO Fontaine was MOM tonight tho...immense yet again

Ronniekirk
12-03-2015, 10:57 AM
I don't know if it's how they are being told to play, but there is a tendency to try and pass the ball into the net. Hopefully, as their confidence grows they'll start to shoot more readily.

That said the strikers should be converting more chances. If we had lost last night, it would be as much their fault as anyone else's.

Have always thought he that as Cummings is still young and learning hiss trade ,that when he feels under pressure as main striker to score he can have tendency to scuff his shots .Good thing for us is it doesn't dent his confidence and he is as happened last night likely to go on and score one .But yes when we are getting clear cut chances when on top it's always better if we can take these ,but then again if we had strikers like that they wouldn't be here long

Mathias Jack
12-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Jason was looking tired it said and that was same at Ibrox when subbed so Stubbs wouldn't want to tire him out as he needs his top scorer fresh for Cowdenbeath game .Is Malonga injured or was he just rested

I think it's a mixture of both Ronnie. He took that dull one on Saturday, probably wasn't 100%, so didn't want to risk him from the start. I noticed as soon as we kicked off after Livi's goal last night, Malonga had his track suit top off ready to come on.

Then Djedje leapt like a salmon!