PDA

View Full Version : Is there a cut off time for getting in to the game?

Ricky Bobby
11-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Having to work late tonight, so the chances are i will miss the start of the game. Is there a cut off time where i will be refused entry to the ground or can i rock up any time?

Smartie
11-03-2015, 05:56 PM
I pitched up very late to a game a couple of years ago and was refused entry.

By very late, I mean that it was into the second half.

It was the St.Johnstone game that had to be rearranged to midweek because of a friendly someone had to play (possibly us against Sunderland). I'd been at something and chanced my arm by going along. It was very nice of the 3 stewards at the gate to inform me that it was more than their job was worth to open a turnstile or a gate somewhere to let me in.

I was absolutely furious and was done with the whole thing that night. Only to be sucked back, again and again….

Sorry, that doesn't really answer your question and I don't know when the cut-off point is. But I know for a fact you can't just rock up any time.

jane_says
11-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Having to work late tonight, so the chances are i will miss the start of the game. Is there a cut off time where i will be refused entry to the ground or can i rock up any time?

I'd imagine now we have the automatic system with the scanners that it shouldn't matter. Although I don't claim to know for sure.

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2015, 06:53 PM
I pitched up very late to a game a couple of years ago and was refused entry.

By very late, I mean that it was into the second half.

It was the St.Johnstone game that had to be rearranged to midweek because of a friendly someone had to play (possibly us against Sunderland). I'd been at something and chanced my arm by going along. It was very nice of the 3 stewards at the gate to inform me that it was more than their job was worth to open a turnstile or a gate somewhere to let me in.

I was absolutely furious and was done with the whole thing that night. Only to be sucked back, again and again….

Sorry, that doesn't really answer your question and I don't know when the cut-off point is. But I know for a fact you can't just rock up any time.

I have to ask, why bother so late?

givescotlandfreedom
11-03-2015, 06:56 PM

Because of my shifts I often have to leave early/arrive late. I'd rather see something that nothing of the game and have a ST so have pre paid anyway.

TrinityHibs
11-03-2015, 06:57 PM
I banged one of the exit doors just before half time and got in mind you it took a bit of chat and the boys in the yellow jackets weren't happy about it.

Ricky Bobby
11-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the replys. It looks like i am not going to make much before HT so i will just take the chance.
Job and finish so i will need to get the finger out.:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Because of my shifts I often have to leave early/arrive late. I'd rather see something that nothing of the game and have a ST so have pre paid anyway.

Fair enough mate.

Smartie
11-03-2015, 07:22 PM

Just fancied it and I was passing the ground. I'd been at something locally, it ran late, and I live in Leith so it wasn't much of an effort just to swing by.

You know how you sometimes flick past games on tv that you half-fancy but don't give up something else to watch? A bit like that.

In some ways I wasn't really fussed to miss the match but it was just the other stuff that pissed me off. I had a season ticket, the game was moved to accommodate a friendly to a time I couldn't really make. I still bothered my arse turning up to get a bunch of jobsworths doing f-all anyway tell me that there was nothing they could do (i.e. open a door. Or something. I don't know really, but didn't think it was that much to ask).

I own my own business and you have to go to the ends of the earth to keep folk satisfied these days. Even when you can't accommodate bizarre requests you have to explain so in a tactful way. I seem to remember we were toiling around then and it all seemed a bit typical of Hibs at that time.

Anyway - better go or it will be the second half again by the time I turn up tonight!!

kaimendhibs
11-03-2015, 11:54 PM
I was 25 mins late cos of work but turn styles were open and I just scanned my ticket. Was quite surprised how easy it was

Jones28
12-03-2015, 07:55 AM
I don't get it. Why are all the turnstiles closed at all during games? Surely if someone has paid for their ticket they can arrive late and get into the ground?

Ricky Bobby
12-03-2015, 02:43 PM
I eventualy got to the back of the east stand 5 mins into the second half and all the turnstiles were closed. I had a word with a steward and he contacted his supervisor who then got on the radio to someone. After a 'he looks genuine enough' i was let in although because the turnstiles were shut i did not scan my ticket.
Got to say the stewards were pretty helpfull but i dont know why one turnstile is not left open. All the hassle was worth it for the granstand finish.

GGTTH

kaimendhibs
12-03-2015, 03:52 PM
I was 7 minutes late, 3 of the 4 gates I've to use were closed and the guy was closing the 4th.
Said I'd made it just in time.

What stand? I'm in ff upper