PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) New Gers gaffer

Nameless
11-03-2015, 03:57 PM
On BBC website, Stuart McCall until the end of the season.

SlickShoes
11-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Hope he does more of this:

https://youtu.be/ryKBnRP4Xlg

Thecat23
11-03-2015, 04:00 PM
He was approached couple weeks back. I gave a few a heads up and some of us stuck a wee bet on 😁

Gatecrasher
11-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Didn't see that one coming, not one bit.

it makes our task a bit harder imo.

S4uzee
11-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Didn't see that one coming, not one bit.

it makes our task a bit harder imo.

I'd agree with that, will definitely give them a lift

GreenArmyyy!
11-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Not good news. Just need to keep doing what we are doing.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Nothing official yet (would trust Sky over bbc any day of the week)

McCall would be a fool to take it on at this time

Hibeesmad
11-03-2015, 04:27 PM
He's exactly what they need but I think it's too late to perform any miracles for them

WillowbraeHibby
11-03-2015, 04:28 PM
In Stubbs I trust... And we have far better players. An inconvenience, nothing more... :gwa: :flag:GGTTH

Pete
11-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Titanic. Deckchairs. Rearranged.

We shouldn't worry about this because if we do our job we will finish above them.

hfc rd
11-03-2015, 04:32 PM
In Stubbs I trust... And we have far better players. An inconvenience, nothing more... :gwa: :flag:GGTTH

This.

ASGAWA!

seanshow
11-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Great manager at the steelmen but
You can't make a silk purse out a coo's erse.
I don't see it changing much at sevco, till nxt season if he's still there and he gets players in.

LaMotta
11-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Nothing official yet (would trust Sky over bbc any day of the week)

McCall would be a fool to take it on at this time

apparently he has yet to accept the offer :hmmm:

https://twitter.com/BBCBMcLauchlin/status/575708461838786560

jgl07
11-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Great manager at the steelmen but ......
If so why did he fall on his sword?

Deansy
11-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Dear Stuart - just a quick note wishing you all the worst - and to your team, and your club and its disgusting, odious support !!

By signing for them both as a player and now coach, it's obvious you and they have the same morals - none !

hfc rd
11-03-2015, 04:41 PM
BBC saying he's accepted it but Sky Sports saying he hasn't?

Pretty Boy
11-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Tbh McCall done a very good job at Motherwell but his record at Bradford, even allowing for the situation in the early part of his reign, was pretty poor.

I'll reserve judgement on this until he's taken charge of a few games. I'm not sure many could polish the turd that is the Rangers squad tbh.

Golden Bear
11-03-2015, 04:55 PM
It was always going to be Stuart McCall but you can only work with the tools at your disposal and although there are plenty of tools at Ibrox, I don't think we have any worries.

:wink:

Hibby Gav
11-03-2015, 04:58 PM
not exactly a shock if he has accepted it is it?
he has been hanging around like a bad smell and asked to comment at each latest Sevco shenanigan almost before it happened
He must love I though...nothing to beat and lots of excuses..

ggtth

Lucius Apuleius
11-03-2015, 05:06 PM
If he had got any further up their asses when he was working as a summarized he could have been their wallies!

Pete
11-03-2015, 05:14 PM
It was always going to be Stuart McCall but you can only work with the tools at your disposal and although there are plenty of tools at Ibrox, I don't think we have any worries.

Indeed. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's the wrong blend of players at Ibrox.

Too many players who are too old, too flabby or not sharp enough. They might improve slightly but McCall isn't a magician.

We're the fitter, sharper, hungrier and better team who has the momentum. Too little too late as far as they are concerned.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Sportsound just reported that McCall has accepted until the end of the season

Alex Trager
11-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Not a great signing imo.
Pap at well this season.

Rangers in a worse state too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
11-03-2015, 05:34 PM

Exactly - silk purse/sow's ear.

Callum_62
11-03-2015, 05:37 PM
he cant be any worse than McDowell

This does not help our chances at all

eastterrace
11-03-2015, 05:42 PM
he cant be any worse than McDowell

This does not help our chances at all

he cant turn bad pish into good pish

Manxhibs
11-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Win all of our games and it doesn't matter what affect he has :)

Kojock
11-03-2015, 06:04 PM
You cant polish a turd.

SaulGoodman
11-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Like spraying alright smelling perfume onto a big steaming pile of dog *****

Jim44
11-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Sportsound just reported that McCall has accepted until the end of the season

According to a fresh thread on FF, STV reporting that McCall wants a three year deal. The natives are restless.

weecounty hibby
11-03-2015, 09:17 PM
**** him, **** the huns and **** everyone ever involved with them.disgusting club with disgusting people involved at every level from owners to fans.
Morinho and wenger couldnt make that shower into a good team. Bring them on for three more pumpings this season.

Scottie
11-03-2015, 09:39 PM
**** him, **** the huns and **** everyone ever involved with them.disgusting club with disgusting people involved at every level from owners to fans.
Morinho and wenger couldnt make that shower into a good team. Bring them on for three more pumpings this season.
Pretty much sums up my feelings exactly. :agree: :top marks

givescotlandfreedom
11-03-2015, 11:55 PM

This

The Harp Awakes
12-03-2015, 12:16 AM

Yep, can't disagree with any of that:flag:

ekhibee
12-03-2015, 12:59 AM
Yep, that's how I feel as well. Although McCall did well at Motherwell I always thought he'd somehow end up back at Sevco. From now on, whatever he says, whether he's Sevco manager or not, I couldn't care less about anything he has to say about football, he's quite happily joined one of the most disliked teams in Europe, and I bet he's proud of it too.

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2015, 01:43 AM
Hawl, ginger mullet, we're still going to finish second.

Mixu62
12-03-2015, 03:48 AM
It'll take a lot longer than 1 season to overhaul that squad.

greenginger
13-03-2015, 08:14 AM
One from Mr McCall's past.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/190054/retro-football-stuart-mccall-falls-off-a-car-while-celebrating-motherwells-champions-league-qualification-2012-video.html

True Ranger dignity on show ! :greengrin

Deek01
13-03-2015, 08:28 AM
I had a bet on this for SM to be "the next permanent Rangers manager". William Hill refusing to pay out cause it would need to be a contract of 12+ months to be considered permanent...

Surely he's the new permanent manager on a short term deal ? Temporary manager would be a caretaker and he isn't thst as far as I can see.

Oscar T Grouch
13-03-2015, 08:37 AM
I had a bet on this for SM to be "the next permanent Rangers manager". William Hill refusing to pay out cause it would need to be a contract of 12+ months to be considered permanent...

Surely he's the new permanent manager on a short term deal ? Temporary manager would be a caretaker and he isn't thst as far as I can see.
Email the the rangers and pretend to be a Hun. Say you're sick of one caretaker manager after another and when will the appoint a permanent manager. They will respond saying he is a permanent manager, give that to your bookies...... And they'll still refuse to pay out 😜

PeeJay
13-03-2015, 08:40 AM
... think McCall's appointment might help them myself. They blow hot and cold as a team - they can't be all that bad as a glance at the table shows, and in our last game together they had a decent night, failing however to take their chances. Think it's misguided to rule out the Glasgow team being a contender at the end of the season, we'd do well to be wary of them.

number9dream
13-03-2015, 08:48 AM
McCall was a likeable and fair-minded guy during his time at 'Well, who always spoke openly and honestly about the game - a bit like McLeish was when he was at Fir Park and with us.

But, as was the case with McLeish when he went to Ibrox, that's all about to change. Already, you can see a change in tone with some of his comments.

Alex Trager
13-03-2015, 09:26 AM
McCall was a likeable and fair-minded guy during his time at 'Well, who always spoke openly and honestly about the game - a bit like McLeish was when he was at Fir Park and with us.

But, as was the case with McLeish when he went to Ibrox, that's all about to change. Already, you can see a change in tone with some of his comments.

He's now in the 'hun tool' category. Wgere all his comments are collected and put into the recycle bin

hibee-boys
13-03-2015, 09:39 AM
As the old saying goes "you can only pee with the c*** you've got!" and currently that squad is shooting blanks and very limp!:)

PatHead
13-03-2015, 09:40 AM
I was perfectly happy when McDowell was manager as he didn't have a clue and the club was going backwards at a rate of knots. The players never seemed to know what to do and it would appear as though they did not believe in the manager. McColl will at least get them organised and playing to a structure. It is likely he will have them in the playoffs at least whereas I wasn't sure McDowell would even have managed that.

In getting them there he will build some momentum and give the players some pride. Watch Boyd begin to score goals now. I wouldn't laugh yet, or believe we are a shoe in for the play off final. The number of games the players are facing could be our undoing.

They have a great chance to get some momentum going with home games against Livingston and Alloa, amazing what a couple of games and belief can do before they come to Easter Road.

We just have to concentrate on ourselves and win our games. Our next 3 home games are not easy and any slip up will give them hope.

Scottie
13-03-2015, 10:45 AM
As the old saying goes "you can only pee with the c*** you've got!" and currently that squad is shooting blanks and very limp!:)
:greengrin

Suburban Hibby
13-03-2015, 10:51 AM
I was perfectly happy when McDowell was manager as he didn't have a clue and the club was going backwards at a rate of knots. The players never seemed to know what to do and it would appear as though they did not believe in the manager. McColl will at least get them organised and playing to a structure. It is likely he will have them in the playoffs at least whereas I wasn't sure McDowell would even have managed that.

In getting them there he will build some momentum and give the players some pride. Watch Boyd begin to score goals now. I wouldn't laugh yet, or believe we are a shoe in for the play off final. The number of games the players are facing could be our undoing.

They have a great chance to get some momentum going with home games against Livingston and Alloa, amazing what a couple of games and belief can do before they come to Easter Road.

We just have to concentrate on ourselves and win our games. Our next 3 home games are not easy and any slip up will give them hope.

Agreed, much as they are the gift that keep on giving he will get them organised and Der Hun could not have picked two better games to try and gain confidence before coming to ER.

Expecting a very tough game when we play them.

worcesterhibby
13-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Mcall did a decent job at Motherwell, but then again Butcher did a pretty decent job at Inverness. Let's wait and see.

Keith_M
13-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Agreed, much as they are the gift that keep on giving he will get them organised and Der Hun could not have picked two better games to try and gain confidence before coming to ER.

Expecting a very tough game when we play them.

:agree:

I think McCall will bring a degree of tactical nous that was lacking during the riegn of McCoist, and more so under McDowall.

I don't think he'll suddenly transform them into world beaters but they currently amount to much less than the sum of their parts and I think he'll change that.

Smartie
13-03-2015, 11:00 AM
... think McCall's appointment might help them myself. They blow hot and cold as a team - they can't be all that bad as a glance at the table shows, and in our last game together they had a decent night, failing however to take their chances. Think it's misguided to rule out the Glasgow team being a contender at the end of the season, we'd do well to be wary of them.

I agree.

We only have one game left to play against them though (not including any possible play-off) and that is about as much worrying as we should do about them.

We have to win our own games, do our own job and they won't get a look-in.

I was raging at the way we approached much of the game on Wednesday. I thought our team selection and 2nd half attitude oozed complacency and we could have been punished had we not got the late goal.

We need to assume that The Rangers are going to take maximum points from their remaining games and make absolutely 100% sure that we do too.

It was fine to make allowances for points dropped, carelessness etc earlier on this season given where we were at the end of last season. But we always had to finish the season strongly and we cannot afford any slip-ups.

Finishing second is massive.

hibee-boys
13-03-2015, 11:22 AM
I agree.

We only have one game left to play against them though (not including any possible play-off) and that is about as much worrying as we should do about them.

I was raging at the way we approached much of the game on Wednesday. I thought our team selection and 2nd half attitude oozed complacency and we could have been punished had we not got the late goal.

We need to assume that The Rangers are going to take maximum points from their remaining games and make absolutely 100% sure that we do too.

It was fine to make allowances for points dropped, carelessness etc earlier on this season given where we were at the end of last season. But we always had to finish the season strongly and we cannot afford any slip-ups.

Spot on!

I'm hoping that scare on Wednesday gave us a wake up call, if it was needed, to ensure that we don't let any complacency creep in, no matter who we're playing.

It's going to be a big ask for any team to get through 3 2 leg ties victorious, fatigue is likely to be a factor.....and I'm kinda hoping we can conserve some energy for a cup final!....or is that being too greedy!:)

Geo_1875
13-03-2015, 11:50 AM
I agree.

What odds would Ladbrokes give on that happening?

Geo_1875
13-03-2015, 11:51 AM

I think McCall will bring a degree of tactical nous that was lacking during the riegn of McCoist, and more so under McDowall.

I don't think he'll suddenly transform them into world beaters but they currently amount to much less than the sum of their parts and I think he'll change that.

And for his next trick he'll make Moshni a football player.

Smartie
13-03-2015, 12:07 PM
What odds would Ladbrokes give on that happening?

Very good ones indeed.

My point is just that The Rangers have been a shambles for the past few months. 2 weeks ago you wouldn't have had to put up much of an effort to beat them head to head, or to finish above them in the league. The infighting, their smaller (and angry) crowds, their overpaid and under performing "stars, I could go on, an absolute laughing stock.

They still have some decent players but they also now have a manager who knows what he's doing and there's a lot to be said for the lift in confidence that the recent changes there could give their whole club. I think that they are a (slightly) rejuvenated force. Ok, Bilel Moshni isn't going to be turned into a good player but we have to take them seriously.

We are in a battle now. To be honest it is a battle that I think we are well-equipped to go into. On our day we are a superb team, we have a strong squad and a very promising young manager. But all season long there have been signs of sloppiness and complacency that have crept into games at times and we cannot assume that we're going to get away with it now.

We don't want to get to the end of this season with any "if only" stories. Why did we play keep-ball when 1-0 up against lower teams, why did we switch off and lose that late goal etc. Over a season you will give away the odd lead, it happens. But I don't think we can expect to get away with much/ any more.

The bar has been set a bit higher.

lord bunberry
13-03-2015, 12:18 PM
I've never liked McCall and that's not about to change

chrisski33
13-03-2015, 12:34 PM
im bricking myself now that mccall is in charge lol jeezo

PatHead
13-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Don't think many folk are bricking themselves.

The point being made is that the The Rangers might be a threat now with a manager that can organise them. At 5.45 last Saturday they were not.

It is still in our hands.

Finbar
13-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Mcall did a decent job at Motherwell, but then again Butcher did a pretty decent job at Inverness. Let's wait and see.

McCall wasn't great at Bradford, and he inherited Craig Brown's team at Motherwell. I'm not convinced he's going to make much difference.

Onion
13-03-2015, 01:54 PM
IMO McCall taking over has +ves and -ves for Hibs. All season we've been chasing the Huns. That's a particular type of pressure that probably suits Hibs. Now that we've caught them, there's an entirely new challenge in trying to keep ahead and we've no idea how Stubbs and the team will deal with that. McCalls appoint at least avoids Hibs sitting back complacently think job done. They know the Huns will come fighting back and should be prepared.

Pete
13-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Don't think many folk are bricking themselves.

The point being made is that the The Rangers might be a threat now with a manager that can organise them. At 5.45 last Saturday they were not.

It is still in our hands.

I'm not sure that they weren't that disorganised under their previous managers. ..They were just pish.

I think too much is made of tactics sometimes. They lack Fitness, confidence and self belief and I'm not sure if even sir Alex could improve them much in the short space of time they have. McCall left motherwell demotivated and disorganised do what does that tell us?

They might get a wee lift but I doubt it will be enough to seriously trouble us. I'd be more worried if McCall put his boots on and started in midfield.

We just do our job and we'll be fine. Hearts will also put them in their place.

Smartie
13-03-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure that they weren't that disorganised under their previous managers. ..They were just pish.

I think too much is made of tactics sometimes. They lack Fitness, confidence and self belief and I'm not sure if even sir Alex could improve them much in the short space of time they have. McCall left motherwell demotivated and disorganised do what does that tell us?

They might get a wee lift but I doubt it will be enough to seriously trouble us. I'd be more worried if McCall put his boots on and started in midfield.

We just do our job and we'll be fine. Hearts will also put them in their place.

They made a half-decent start to the season though and their squad is much the same (they've lost a decent youngster but added the Geordie loanees). They were right up there until they lost that big game at Tynecastle in November.

So there's a team in there somewhere, even if it is hard to imagine given how poor they've been for the past 2-3 months.

I agree that it is probably beyond them but we can't afford to be too relaxed about it.

Pete
13-03-2015, 02:25 PM
I agree that it is probably beyond them but we can't afford to be too relaxed about it.

No more slip ups on our part like silly draws from now on. If anything, we can use this as a motivational tool.

Alex Trager
13-03-2015, 02:36 PM

No more slip ups on our part like silly draws from now on. If anything, we can use this as a motivational tool.

Totally.
As has been pointed out. When was the last time a Hibs team needed to deal with pressure from below?

We are always chasing. Not running away.
It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

The thing is, they truly are rubbish.
They've been poor all season, I think teams feared them a little at the start and then realised that they were utterly guff.

To be honest I am pretty down that we are not going back to ibrox.

A three nil infront of fifty k would be delightful.

NAE NOOKIE
13-03-2015, 02:55 PM
The The Rangers are a bigger danger now than they were 48 hours ago. McCall might not be Alex Ferguson, but he is an experienced manager who can organise a team. I don't care if he inherited the team at Motherwell, in 4 years they finished second twice which considering the resources they have compared to most of the other cubs, including us, is pretty good going.

He has played and coached at international level and managed more than one club, unlike the two previous managers he will be able to control the Billy big baws attitude of some in the dressing room.

Having said that, he has a problem which is the same one we have handled pretty well up to now. In half the games it comes down to finding a way to batter down a packed defence, which is fine. But in games against the top 4 you have to be able to defend as well ... so far the Zombies have had a problem stopping the 4 around them scoring, with the exception of Falkirk. Hibs have scored 9 in three games, The Yams 4 in two and QotS 5 in three. If he is going to sort that defence he needs to be more conservative in midfield, but with no pace up front playing on the counter attack has to be a problem.

I think McCall's idea will be to firstly sort their fitness and attitude and get them better organised. Whatever happens they are going to be a much tougher prospect. He has the players on paper to build a decent team .... is time on his side though? Lets hope not.

hibees 7062
13-03-2015, 09:26 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/10428580_873181359409765_7513675050899235277_n.jpg ?oh=cd645f11479eca97d29e838c6bf56d81&oe=557CE47A&__gda__=1433520540_53cac47cbe02ac6b56c7be7b6559c6f d

Sir David Gray
13-03-2015, 09:33 PM
I'm not about to be fearful of a team that regularly has Ian Black and Bilel Mohsni in it.

I'll be gutted if we finish behind Sevco this season and they go up instead of us.

Berwickhibby
14-03-2015, 08:17 AM
The The Rangers are a bigger danger now than they were 48 hours ago. McCall might not be Alex Ferguson, but he is an experienced manager who can organise a team. I don't care if he inherited the team at Motherwell, in 4 years they finished second twice which considering the resources they have compared to most of the other cubs, including us, is pretty good going.

He has played and coached at international level and managed more than one club, unlike the two previous managers he will be able to control the Billy big baws attitude of some in the dressing room.

Having said that, he has a problem which is the same one we have handled pretty well up to now. In half the games it comes down to finding a way to batter down a packed defence, which is fine. But in games against the top 4 you have to be able to defend as well ... so far the Zombies have had a problem stopping the 4 around them scoring, with the exception of Falkirk. Hibs have scored 9 in three games, The Yams 4 in two and QotS 5 in three. If he is going to sort that defence he needs to be more conservative in midfield, but with no pace up front playing on the counter attack has to be a problem.

I think McCall's idea will be to firstly sort their fitness and attitude and get them better organised. Whatever happens they are going to be a much tougher prospect. He has the players on paper to build a decent team .... is time on his side though? Lets hope not.

My thoughts exactly...... Like it or not McCall is a very good manager, I was hoping he was Easter Road bound prior to Alan Stubbs appointment. Sadly I think the Zombies will improve under McCall.

Spike Mandela
14-03-2015, 08:31 AM
We shouldn't be worried about whether they will overtake us or beat us next week . No matter what happens now it is unlikely we will dip badly enough to finish 5th and miss the play offs but with McDowell in charge there was a danger The Rangers would.

If McCall gets them playing with confidence and belief again though by the end of the season then it would be a difficult proposition going to a packed Ibrox and getting a result in the playoff. Depends what these Rangers players are made of I suppose.

Would love to see Livi get a result today like they nearly got against us.:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Even if the The Rangers parachuted in world class players, finishing second is about what we do. Where other teams may or may not slip up, is out of our control.