PDA

View Full Version : Wee Lewis Again! - I want this print too!!!

spike220
10-03-2015, 07:48 AM
http://i3.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article5294123.ece/alternates/s510b/JS58628047.jpg

spike220
10-03-2015, 07:50 AM
In fact dont bother with Hibs Calendar next year, lets just have Lewis Stevenson Calendar instead.

Ronniekirk
10-03-2015, 08:07 AM
In fact dont bother with Hibs Calendar next year, lets just have Lewis Stevenson Calendar instead.
Am sure Steve will be along shortly and sort that for you :wink: , that's a great shot of Stevenson ,encapsulates his desire ,and joy ,would love to see him top scorer behind the forwards this season .His pass for Cummings first on Saturday was excellent but the way he cut into midfield and took on players and took the pass back from Malonga and outmuscled the last defender to then sublimely clip the ball into the net was Class

Aldo
10-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Am sure Steve will be along shortly and sort that for you :wink: , that's a great shot of Stevenson ,encapsulates his desire ,and joy ,would love to see him top scorer behind the forwards this season .His pass for Cummings first on Saturday was excellent but the way he cut into midfield and took on players and took the pass back from Malonga and outmuscled the last defender to then sublimely clip the ball into the net was Class

Big words this morning Ronnie and it was just after 8. Weetabix doing wonders.

Will need to get on them this week.

I've already got my Lewis photo !! ;-)

MB62
10-03-2015, 09:14 AM
We all want, a team of Lewis Stevensons':singing:

Hibeesmad
10-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Number 1 is Stevenson
Number 2 is Stevenson
Number 3 is Stevenson
Number 4 is Stevenson

We all dream of a team of Stevenson's

EdinMike
10-03-2015, 10:41 AM
From the boy who "Didn't know what to do when he scored" his first, he's certainly creating kodak moments now with this and the Rankers one springing to mind ! :greengrin :not worth

green.and.white
10-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Here's to you, Lewis Stevenson
Hibees love you more than you will know...

OOOOHHHH :flag:

Mathias Jack
10-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Number 1 is Stevenson
Number 2 is Stevenson
Number 3 is Stevenson
Number 4 is Stevenson

We all dream of a team of Stevenson's

Here's to you, Lewis Stevenson
Hibees love you more than you will know...

OOOOHHHH :flag:

We really should start singing those more! He's been a revelation this year.

Personal favourite is the top one though :agree:

SteveHFC
10-03-2015, 12:55 PM

Of course ;-)

Northernhibee
10-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Can we just sing the Christmas song all year round?

Owain_1987
10-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Great to see this thread as I was going to post about this. I was saying to friends at the weekend and please bear with this idea, I think Lewis Stevenson is best Hibs player of the last 20 years. Am not saying he has the best skill to grace Easter Road in the last 20 years but pretty much everything he's achieved and failed in football has been in the green and white of Hibernian FC. Down to this he is the best Hibs player of the last 20 years, not one other player have done as much in a Hibs shirt than him. Yes the class of Riordan, Latapy etc where great but they only played short periods for Hibs.:thumbsup:

Dalianwanda
10-03-2015, 01:56 PM
14512 Bit pixelated but had a go having my lunch..

HibbyAndy
10-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Can we just sing the Christmas song all year round?

Sang that at Alloa in the cup was amazing :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
10-03-2015, 08:08 PM
If we win the Scottish Cup I'm getting a Stevenson tattoo. No question.

eastterrace
10-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Great to see this thread as I was going to post about this. I was saying to friends at the weekend and please bear with this idea, I think Lewis Stevenson is best Hibs player of the last 20 years. Am not saying he has the best skill to grace Easter Road in the last 20 years but pretty much everything he's achieved and failed in football has been in the green and white of Hibernian FC. Down to this he is the best Hibs player of the last 20 years, not one other player have done as much in a Hibs shirt than him. Yes the class of Riordan, Latapy etc where great but they only played short periods for Hibs.:thumbsup:

what you been smoking mate, he is playing well at the moment but to say he is the best hibs player you have seen in the last twenty years is unbelievable (jeff)

truehibernian
10-03-2015, 08:16 PM
I've a feeling a few clubs will come in for him in summer - there were 2 SPL clubs wanting him last year.

I've never hidden my admiration for him and rate him very highly, but I do think we will lose him. Not because he wants to leave, purely because I think a club will come in and pay him a right good salary and give him a good contract.

I will always maintain he is one of the best technical players we have had at Hibs for a decade. Lots of fans rate Murphy (me too).......he is as good if not better for me. The thing Murphs had was braun.

I spoke with someone who is very friendly with Lewis after that cup final v Hearts.......he said Lewis was in tears and could not face anyone, but more importantly he said to the guy I know 'how can I face the supporters after that.......I can't even look at myself' - now of course that is the other guys version however I'd no reason to disbelieve the account.

For me, and I've said it before, he is Hibernian FC in a little pocket battleship form :aok: love him :flag:

Northernhibee
10-03-2015, 08:18 PM
I've a feeling a few clubs will come in for him in summer - there were 2 SPL clubs wanting him last year.

I've never hidden my admiration for him and rate him very highly, but I do think we will lose him. Not because he wants to leave, purely because I think a club will come in and pay him a right good salary and give him a good contract.

I will always maintain he is one of the best technical players we have had at Hibs for a decade. Lots of fans rate Murphy (me too).......he is as good if not better for me. The thing Murphs had was braun.

I spoke with someone who is very friendly with Lewis after that cup final v Hearts.......he said Lewis was in tears and could not face anyone, but more importantly he said to the guy I know 'how can I face the supporters after that.......I can't even look at myself' - now of course that is the other guys version however I'd no reason to disbelieve the account.

For me, and I've said it before, he is Hibernian FC in a little pocket battleship form :aok: love him :flag:

I've said it before - we've had technically better players since him but he's still my favourite Hibs player since Sauzee. Not even in question.

truehibernian
10-03-2015, 08:32 PM
I've said it before - we've had technically better players since him but he's still my favourite Hibs player since Sauzee. Not even in question.

Asides Derek (natural talent, born with it), and Steven Fletcher, who I think was absolutely superb technically.......Lewis is for me up there big time with them........I base it on his possession, his ability to work the ball under pressure, and his supreme ability to keep the ball.

Watch games (if you get bored) of Lewis under all our managers, when he played........the lad rarely loses possession, under pressure or unforced. His game is let down by his delivery in the final third. But last season and this he has been tremendous.

What the fans should agree on is the boys heart and courage - this lad has endured pelters over the years. Has he moaned ? Has he gone to press and criticised ? Has he 'back chatted' fans ? The boy has a huge heart, gets his head down, and plays.

For me......that is Hibernian Football Club.......heart, courage and soul :aok:

mca
10-03-2015, 09:11 PM

Would be a Good Photo for the Next Calendar... if he is still with us..

Northernhibee
10-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Asides Derek (natural talent, born with it), and Steven Fletcher, who I think was absolutely superb technically.......Lewis is for me up there big time with them........I base it on his possession, his ability to work the ball under pressure, and his supreme ability to keep the ball.

Watch games (if you get bored) of Lewis under all our managers, when he played........the lad rarely loses possession, under pressure or unforced. His game is let down by his delivery in the final third. But last season and this he has been tremendous.

What the fans should agree on is the boys heart and courage - this lad has endured pelters over the years. Has he moaned ? Has he gone to press and criticised ? Has he 'back chatted' fans ? The boy has a huge heart, gets his head down, and plays.

For me......that is Hibernian Football Club.......heart, courage and soul :aok:

I would be devastated to see him leave the club - he's Mr. Hibs and you can tell that from the way that he's been attracting the attention and hatred of the Jambos. He's a club icon - 250+ games and counting :hibees

hibeemikey21
10-03-2015, 11:52 PM

Did McCall not state (when he was a pundit for the Rangers game) that he'd tried to get Stevenson in at Motherwell when he was in charge? Seems proper fitba folk ken whits gaun on

truehibernian
10-03-2015, 11:56 PM
Did McCall not state (when he was a pundit for the Rangers game) that he'd tried to get Stevenson in at Motherwell when he was in charge? Seems proper fitba folk ken whits gaun on

I know Dundee Utd wanted him :aok:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-03-2015, 11:57 PM

Cometh the hour, Cometh the man. :agree:

SteveHFC
11-03-2015, 12:06 AM

If Stevenson goes in the summer. I'll not be renewing

EdinMike
11-03-2015, 03:04 AM
If we win the Scottish Cup I'm getting a Stevenson tattoo. No question.

Done. Me tae !!

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2015, 03:55 AM
Let's just enjoy him while we can. He'll be playing in El Classico next season.

StokePogesHibs
11-03-2015, 03:57 AM
He was brilliant in 2007 and he's been brilliant this year. I honestly feared that he would be out after last season. Complete revelation and long may it continue Lewis.