PDA

View Full Version : NHC John Guudetti on tv singing about Rangers

The_Exile
09-03-2015, 04:46 PM
This'll be interesting, I sincerely doubt he'll get the same "A Celt on and off the pitch" stuff that Griffiths got.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/the-h-deid-celtic-star-5294363

'The h*** are deid': Celtic star John Guidetti appears on Dutch TV singing terracing chant

THE 22-year-old Hoops forward sang the song while being interviewed on Holland's FC Rijnmond football programme.

CELTIC striker John Guidetti has appeared on Dutch TV singing “the huns are deid”.

The Hoops forward, on-loan at Parkhead from Manchester City, sang the song while being interviewed on Holland’s FC Rijnmond football programme.

He sang: “Oh John Guidetti, puts the ball in the net-y, he’s a Super Swede and the huns are deid, walking in Guidetti wonderland.”

Afterwards the 22-year-old Celtic star said the terracing chant was “a good song”.

A number of Rangers fans have now taken to Twitter accusing the Swede of using an offensive term.

It follows a recent petition lobbying the Scottish Parliament to have the use of word “hun” outlawed.

The petition was launched by a group of Rangers fans who claim pejorative term used against Protestants.

In 2012, three Celtic fans walked free from court after a not proven verdict on a breach of a peace charge said to have been aggravated by religious prejudice relating to a banner displaying the slogan ‘Huns FC’.

Speaking about Guidetti’s TV appearance, Nil By Mouth Campaign Director Dave Scott said Scottish football chiefs need to do more to educate players about terms likely to cause offence.

He said: “Just a few weeks ago the SPFL knocked back our bid to become its charity partner. We offered to deliver awareness training to players about words, phrases and actions which are likely to cause offence or controversy.

“This would have been particularly useful to players from outside Scotland. This incident highlights once again the need for such a programme with players.”

Celtic have been approached to comment on the footage, but have yet to respond.

Tonight a Celtic insider said: “John was asked to sing the song that is sung about him.

“He doesn’t know what the song is about or the content of it but to suggest there is any sectarian element whatsoever is absolute nonsense.”

Andy74
09-03-2015, 04:52 PM
On a related topic, whilst we are protecting huns and refugees, how about our homosexual friends?

If likening Skacel to a refugee is suggesting there is something inherently wrong with being a refugee, which is offensive, surely Hearts fans singing that all the Hibees are Gay is worthy of some investigation as outright homophopbia?

Didn't one of their players tweet the words as well?

We seem to focus on protecting groups that are not really likely to be that offended whereas there is a problem in football with homophobia.

Vini1875
09-03-2015, 05:14 PM
The huns need to be told that the term hun is not sectarian. Nil by Mouth are a joke and I'm glad the SPFL is not partnering them. Football fans in general need to have slightly thicker skins.

The Hibees are gay? So what? I'm not offended nor is my giddy aunt.

SaulGoodman
09-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Total non-story IMO. He was singing a song that the fans sing about him.

Just The Rangers getting on their high horse because their team are absolute sheight

Monts
09-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Hun isn't sectarian. Was Atilla a Protestant?

Geo_1875
09-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Hun isn't sectarian. Was Atilla a Protestant?

I hate the Huns no matter their race religion or sexual orientation.

Craig_HFC
09-03-2015, 05:31 PM
"Hun" is not a sectarian word.

It is, however, the perfect word to describe a The Rangers supporter.

Andy74
09-03-2015, 05:39 PM
The huns need to be told that the term hun is not sectarian. Nil by Mouth are a joke and I'm glad the SPFL is not partnering them. Football fans in general need to have slightly thicker skins.

It's not you that should be offended. It's suggesting there is something wrong with being gay.

Same way the Skacel song wasn't really offensive to him.

Bostonhibby
09-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Can't we do away with this hun thing that upsets them so much? There are some Nazi's going about their business of spreading race and creed hate who are probably sick of being compared to religious sectarian bigots.

Can't we just start calling them ignorant anti Scottish b******* who bumped their creditors?

superfurryhibby
09-03-2015, 05:58 PM
No way is Hun sectarian. It refers to their general tendency for buck fast induced mayhem. Much in the same way as some like to refer to misguided random acts of destruction as vandalism. Surely, that is grossly unfair to the historical Vandals , who we actually quite reasonable in their response to the collapse of the Roman Empire.

Jim44
09-03-2015, 06:15 PM
What's all the fuss about? Sevco fans use Fenians as a supposed demeaning term for Celtic and Celtic fans use Huns as supposed demeaning term for Sevco. Kind of tit for tat in my book. Still I suppose the Infirm fans are gentle, sensitive sorts who are upset by this.

Craig_HFC
09-03-2015, 06:24 PM
What's all the fuss about? Sevco fans use Fenians as a supposed demeaning term for Celtic and Celtic fans use Huns as supposed demeaning term for Sevco. Kind of tit for tat in my book. Still I suppose the Infirm fans are gentle, sensitive sorts who are upset by this.

Difference is that 'fenian' is a sectarian term whereas "Hun" is not.

Deansy
09-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Shock - the 'Daily R*tard' getting behind the Hun-fans and their laughable\pitiful petitions -

'Hun is used as a term of religious hatred, a derogatory and sectarian term for a protestant or those perceived to be protestant by supporters of other football teams mainly Celtic FC & Aberdeen FC'

Yeah, like there's thousands of outraged and offended non Hun-supporting protestants - the only thing is, has anybody ever met, heard seen one ? - No - they don't exist !.! As for 'Derogatory' - of course it is when you take into account who and what the subject is and what it stands for. No club or it's fans have earned it more than them.

The_Exile
09-03-2015, 06:43 PM
The fact they star out the word "huns" (h***) to make it looks like an offensive word says all you need to know about the DR :agree:

linlithgowhibbie
09-03-2015, 07:01 PM
On a related topic, whilst we are protecting huns and refugees, how about our homosexual friends?

If likening Skacel to a refugee is suggesting there is something inherently wrong with being a refugee, which is offensive, surely Hearts fans singing that all the Hibees are Gay is worthy of some investigation as outright homophopbia?

Didn't one of their players tweet the words as well?

We seem to focus on protecting groups that are not really likely to be that offended whereas there is a problem in football with homophobia.

It was Callum Patterson

Velma Dinkley
09-03-2015, 07:14 PM
If The Rangers and Celtic fans are upset and offended by this kind of thing why have they chosen to associate themselves with football clubs that have always all been about this. Even as a child a child I couldn't stand anything about those clubs. They've made fortunes from promoting hatred and discrimination. I could see that. Everyone could. I chose to support Hibs :flag:

Jack Hackett
09-03-2015, 07:18 PM
The fact they star out the word "huns" (h***) to make it looks like an offensive word says all you need to know about the DR :agree:

....and yet, further down the article, they use the full word...twice

"It follows a recent petition lobbying the Scottish Parliament to have the use of word “hun” outlawed.

The petition was launched by a group of Rangers fans who claim pejorative term used against Protestants.

In 2012, three Celtic fans walked free from court after a not proven verdict on a breach of a peace charge said to have been aggravated by religious prejudice relating to a banner displaying the slogan ‘Huns FC’."

:faf:

O'Rourke3
09-03-2015, 07:28 PM
I'm a protestant and use Hun in describing fans of the club formally known as Rangers. TBF in limiting it to Der Hun it's usually describing a sectarian bunch....

Swedish hibee
09-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Proof how stupid Swedish people are :wink::wink::wink:

Sir David Gray
09-03-2015, 07:48 PM
It was Callum Patterson

Yup.

He tweeted it a couple of years ago.

Personally couldn't give a monkeys about the chant but in the era of sensitive souls that we now live in, that chant should be leading to stadium closures, points deductions and transfer bans.

And that would just be for starters.

Gordy M
09-03-2015, 07:50 PM
I know im going against the grain here, but, if someone perceives it to be sectarian or bigoted then im afraid could be viewed as this. Its the same with many terms regarding race which in themselves aren't racist but are now perceived to be because of the context. If its seen as a derogatory term to describe someone, then it could be viewed as bigoted/sectarian. Im not saying its right but its the way it is now.

Newry Hibs
09-03-2015, 07:56 PM

The first time I heard that chant (at that semi) I thought they were singing "Oh the hibees again". As in they were giving us another doing. I was quite relieved it was just a childish chant.

Eyrie
09-03-2015, 08:06 PM
So the Sevco Huns regard the term "Hun" as more offensive than their traditional folk songs about being up to their knees in fenian blood?

I'll stop referring to them as "Huns" when they do the decent thing and shut their odious club down permanently (preferably taking their fellow travellers at Septic with them).

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2015, 08:14 PM
I know im going against the grain here, but, if someone perceives it to be sectarian or bigoted then im afraid could be viewed as this. Its the same with many terms regarding race which in themselves aren't racist but are now perceived to be because of the context. If its seen as a derogatory term to describe someone, then it could be viewed as bigoted/sectarian. Im not saying its right but its the way it is now.

The Rangers fans could campaign next week to get the word 'Sevco' banned on sectarian grounds. Wouldn't mean it's a sectarian word though. Neither is the word hun. They are simply trying to deflect from their own bigoted **** fans

tamig
09-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Poor wee huns. I'm surprised they're taking anything to the Scottish Parliament. Thought they only recognised Westminster. What a bunch of bigoted cretins.

The_Sauz
09-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Did the British soliders not call the the Germans "Huns" during WW1

noun
1.a member of a nomadic and warlike Asian people who devastated or controlled large parts of eastern and central Europe and who exercised their greatest power under Attila in the 5th century a.d.

2.(often lowercase) a barbarous, destructive person; vandal.

3.Older Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a contemptuous term used torefer to a German, especially a German soldier in World War I or II.

MyJo
09-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Hun:
noun 1. a member of a nomadic and warlike Asian people who devastated or controlled large parts of eastern and central Europe and who exercised their greatest power under Attila in the 5th century a.d.

2. a barbarous, destructive person; vandal. :wink:

3.Older Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a contemptuous term used to refer to a German, especially a German soldier in World War I or II.

Usage note

The disparaging and offensive use of this term likens the Germans to the barbarous and warlike Huns of the 4th and 5th centuries. The source of the comparison was a speech by Kaiser Wilhelm II in 1900, encouraging German soldiers bound for China to act toward the Chinese just like “the Huns a thousand years ago.”

Pathetic from the huns :greengrin

jacomo
09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Shock - the 'Daily R*tard' getting behind the Hun-fans and their laughable\pitiful petitions -

'Hun is used as a term of religious hatred, a derogatory and sectarian term for a protestant or those perceived to be protestant by supporters of other football teams mainly Celtic FC & Aberdeen FC'

Yeah, like there's thousands of outraged and offended non Hun-supporting protestants - the only thing is, has anybody ever met, heard seen one ? - No - they don't exist !.! As for 'Derogatory' - of course it is when you take into account who and what the subject is and what it stands for. No club or it's fans have earned it more than them.

That definition is laughable in its inaccuracies.

Future17
09-03-2015, 10:39 PM
This'll be interesting, I sincerely doubt he'll get the same "A Celt on and off the pitch" stuff that Griffiths got.

I'm confused - why would he? :confused:

Griffiths got that for publicly supporting Hibs whilst contracted to Celtc. Guidetti hasn't done anything like that.