PDA

View Full Version : Damage to Seats

Golden Bear
09-03-2015, 01:23 PM
During a post match interview on last night's Sportscene the damage to seats in the Visitors end was clearly visible.

I wonder who'll be getting billed for the cost of the repairs - will it be Berwick Rangers or the yams?

:hmmm:

Mathias Jack
09-03-2015, 01:43 PM
During a post match interview on last night's Sportscene the damage to seats in the Visitors end was clearly visible.

I wonder who'll be getting billed for the cost of the repairs - will it be Berwick Rangers or the yams?

What a shower that lot were yesterday; sitting there with their union jacks and England flags, and singing 'Hearts only won 5-1' :zzzzz!:

Hopefully they'll get relegated out of the SPFL this season! :bye:

On another note, my mate said some of his Jambo pals were in the Berwick end yesterday...cheers for the cash lads! :greengrin

southsider
09-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Hopefully BR will have names and addresses of people they sold the seats to. The police can then charge them, get a lifetime ban and be made to make good the damage. No use sending an invoice to PBS. They don't do invoices.

overdrive
09-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Was it seats in each of the end sections? If so, they were like that before the game. I noticed them early in the first half.

jacomo
09-03-2015, 01:54 PM

We all know how strongly Ann Budge feels about such things so I imagine she's already been on the phone to ask how much she owes.

I didn't realise Berwick Rangers fans were such cretins. The Teenie Huns?

Mikey09
09-03-2015, 01:55 PM

Wonder if the saviour of Scottish football, Budge, will rip into her own vile support when it's proven they were at it in the visitors end yesterday?? Spoke to a Berwick player today who I know and he said there were a lot of yams there to "support" Berwick. Read damage seats, 5-1 songs etc for "support." There were a few angry wee gers fans a bit pissed off that they will be blamed for this....

--------
09-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Wonder if the saviour of Scottish football, Budge, will rip into her own vile support when it's proven they were at it in the visitors end yesterday?? Spoke to a Berwick player today who I know and he said there were a lot of yams there to "support" Berwick. Read damage seats, 5-1 songs etc for "support." There were a few angry wee gers fans a bit pissed off that they will be blamed for this....

Well, it was their day, not the Jambos'. A right cheek turning up to spoil the party for the real BR fans.

If I decided to go to a cup-tie involving say Spartans or Edinburgh City anywhere but against Hibs, I'd go to support them, not as a Hibs supporter.

But we can't expect decent or even sensible bahaviour from low-life who wouldn't be able to meet either the dress-code or standards of behaviour in a monkey-house.

I know some pretty foul characters turn up to support Hibs at times, and I don't condone or excuse them.

Golden Bear
09-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Was it seats in each of the end sections? If so, they were like that before the game. I noticed them early in the first half.

Nope - they were grouped in a fairly central position.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 01:40 PM
It would be unfair to Berwick to ask them to pay for the damage if it was the Yams, which appears to be the case. Unfortunately it would also be unfair to the Yams to bill them as they ( the club ) cant be held responsible for their neds in a game they had no part in.

The compensation in all of this is the Yams proving their obsession with us. Proof if it was needed of my theory that it doesn't matter if they beat us in a million cup finals, all we have to do to get on their tits is stick around, stopping them from being what they want to be .... Edinburgh's team. Which they will never be no matter how ginormous their already incredibly overblown sense of self importance gets.

Not to mention that calling yourself "the big club" only holds water if you act like one. You don't see Dundee Utd fans at Dens park or Man Utd fans at City or Liverpool fans at Everton doing stuff like this. Hell, even the Celtic fans didn't turn up at Ibrox for the RR game.

Bad enough that everybody thinks you have no class without going out of your way to prove it :faf:

Keith_M
10-03-2015, 01:56 PM
If there were seats broken during thr game, I would hope the Club would get together with the Police and examine CCTV coverage in an effort to prosecute them directly. I realise there's no guarantee but it would be good if they could identify and fine them. A wee banning order would also be nice.

southsider
10-03-2015, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=keekaboo;4321901]If there were seats broken during thr game, I would hope the Club would get together with the Police and examine CCTV coverage in an effort to prosecute them directly. I realise there's no guarantee but it would be good if they could identify and fine them. A wee banning order would also be nice.[/QUOTEA
A big HANGING order would be better

cabbageandribs1875
10-03-2015, 02:52 PM
We all know how strongly Ann Budge feels about such things so I imagine she's already been on the phone to ask how much she owes.

I didn't realise Berwick Rangers fans were such cretins. The Teenie Huns?

well they did give a couple of renditions of 'we are 'insert name' no one likes us' and that they didn't care etc etc it was a tad funny the yamboids waiting until approx 30 mins before outing themselves, but i for one appreciate their giro money going in to the ER/shielfield coffers :agree:

10-03-2015, 03:03 PM
What a shower that lot were yesterday; sitting there with their union jacks and England flags, and singing 'Hearts only won 5-1' :zzzzz!:

Hopefully they'll get relegated out of the SPFL this season! :bye:

On another note, my mate said some of his Jambo pals were in the Berwick end yesterday...cheers for the cash lads! :greengrin

They were an embarrassment. Obsessed wee tramps who once again have nothing to do on SC quarter-final day so they have to come and see the hibees.

Thanks for the cash ya inbred cretins and glad you were there to witness the hibees heading off to hampden again!

:giruy2::giruy2::giruy2:

jacomo
10-03-2015, 03:31 PM
I've asked before whether billing visiting clubs for broken seats is a fact or myth. Does it really happen?

Anyhow, I'd send the bill to Berwick Rangers. Zero tolerance from me, no exceptions. If BR bleat that it was the Yams who did this, they can take that up with them.

I'd call them tramps but tramps have more dignity and self respect.

Carheenlea
10-03-2015, 05:38 PM
I've asked before whether billing visiting clubs for broken seats is a fact or myth. Does it really happen?

Anyhow, I'd send the bill to Berwick Rangers. Zero tolerance from me, no exceptions. If BR bleat that it was the Yams who did this, they can take that up with them.

I'd call them tramps but tramps have more dignity and self respect.

I thought the arrangement was that the club who`s supporters caused the damage sent in their own contractor to make good any damage thus avoiding any dispute over bills and whatnot. Not sure if that is correct but seems a fair enough way of doing it.
Whether it was Berwick fans or Hearts fans, the only thing that Hibs should be concerned with is that any seats are repaired at no cost to the club.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2015, 07:36 PM
I don't see how Hearts can be billed for damage done to seats by people sitting in the Berwick Rangers section of Easter Road in a game against Hibs.

The bill would need to go to Berwick Rangers.

squire
10-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Very harsh to bill BR for any damage if indeed it was moronic Hearts fans in the away end. Solution: Berwick will know who they sold tickets to do use cctv to identify the culprits. If they turn out to be Hearts season ticket holders, bill the individual and give them a banning order.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Very harsh to bill BR for any damage if indeed it was moronic Hearts fans in the away end. Solution: Berwick will know who they sold tickets to do use cctv to identify the culprits. If they turn out to be Hearts season ticket holders, bill the individual and give them a banning order.

They were able to buy tickets on the day, so other than CCTV, they won't be able to identify them

MB62
11-03-2015, 07:41 AM
They were able to buy tickets on the day, so other than CCTV, they won't be able to identify them

Had to laugh at the announcement before the game to fans outside.
Today is a 'TICKET ONLY game and tickets can be bought from (the various portacabin things) but there will be FOUR CASH TURNSTILES.

So it was a ticket only game unless you wanted to pay cash :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
11-03-2015, 08:01 AM
CCTV and ticketed matches are there to make things more secure yet it's made a mockery of if they are not used to pinpoint troublemakers...