PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final TV Coverage - Saturday 18th April, 12.15 KO

Pages : [1] 2

bboy
09-03-2015, 07:35 AM
I think hibs should knock back the tv for the semi keep it at 3pm sat,aberdeen did this for cup semi v dundee utd a month ago,my understanding is both teams have to agree,we should on mass email club to keep the semi tv free and get the bigger support at the game.Thoughts?:flag:

HH81
09-03-2015, 07:42 AM
I very much doubt the tv companies will allow this for semi final of a scottish cup. Must be in the contract.

KeithTheHibby
09-03-2015, 07:42 AM
I think hibs should knock back the tv for the semi keep it at 3pm sat,aberdeen did this for cup semi v dundee utd a month ago,my understanding is both teams have to agree,we should on mass email club to keep the semi tv free and get the bigger support at the game.Thoughts?:flag:

It's not up to the clubs though. Contracts state BBC and Sky show one semi each.

marinello59
09-03-2015, 07:47 AM

It's up to the TV companies. They will show both games.

DH1875
09-03-2015, 07:51 AM
No thanks, I'll be out of the country and would quite like to see it.

In any case, doubt the TV companies and the sponsors would agree to that never mind falkirk.

CropleyWasGod
09-03-2015, 07:59 AM
IIRC, the four clubs share the gate money.

Even if the TV companies allow it.....which they won't, since the contracts are there and the schedules set.....we would probably end up with less money. As would Falkirk.

Not sure if your suggestion would result in a significant increase in the support.

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm sure a few years back they used to show just the one semi - we played Dundee United on a Saturday at 3pm.

DH1875
09-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Was the aberdeen vs utd game not on tv? I cant remember.

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Was the aberdeen vs utd game not on tv? I cant remember.

In the league cup? No.

lucky
09-03-2015, 08:41 AM
I doubt the Dons/Utd knocked back tv money. It was more likley that only 1 semi final was part of the TV deal for the league cup

scoopyboy
09-03-2015, 08:45 AM

Non starter mate.

Both Scottish Cup semis are contracted to be shown live, Sky show both and BBC show the Saturday lunch time one.

Speedy
09-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Hope not because I can't make the game. Also hope it's a late kick off rather than early so I can see it at all.

Gutted I'll be missing it.

scoopyboy
09-03-2015, 08:46 AM
I doubt the Dons/Utd knocked back tv money. It was more likley that only 1 semi final was part of the TV deal for the league cup

correct.

green&left
09-03-2015, 08:47 AM

Nope. They told the TV companies to bolt as they wanted it at 12.30 which is no good for travelling fans, particulary the dons. Fair play to them.

Hopefully the SFA/Sky/BBC get an agreement soon and get the dates and times confirmed. Holiday needed if its the Sunday :flag:

CB_NO3
09-03-2015, 08:53 AM
Both clubs defo knocked the TV companies back in the League Cup Semi. I am guessing the Scottish has different rules though.

DavieRoy
09-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Sky show both Semi-Finals, one exclusively, the other is also shown on BBC Scotland.

In the League Cup, BBC have the right to show one Semi-Final, if they want the other, they have to pay extra and get club agreement.

Something that gets missed with the SPFL TV deal and the SFA TV deal is the SFA have a great TV deal, the money, deal on deal, has always gone up. They have good partners in Sky, BBC and now UEFA.

Pro-rata between the amount of game shown live and the money received is so much higher than the SPFL. The only issue is the money goes to the SFA and is then distributed. They have other areas for the money to go.

Anyway, who cares about the kick off time, it is a Scottish Cup Semi-Final, we should be going regardless.

Remember 2000 against Aberdeen, Semi-Final kicked off at Sunday 6.05pm or 1995 against Celtic, that Semi-Final was on a Friday night for TV. We had great crowds there though.

We get to show off our club nationally, probably on Sky and BBC, let's embrace it and show what a great club we are.

Geo_1875
09-03-2015, 11:28 AM
BBC website already showing Hibs V Falkirk on Sat 18th at 3:00pm

They don't have the other semi on the fixture list yet.

Do they know something or just guessing?

dangermouse
09-03-2015, 11:36 AM

Official site says Sat 18th with time TBC

DavieRoy
09-03-2015, 11:46 AM

And you believe them?

Since 2010, both Semi-Finals have been shown live with one of them on both Sky and BBC.

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2015, 11:46 AM

3pm would be braw, but a TV company will spoil the day for the travelling fans by having a early KO...

DavieRoy
09-03-2015, 11:50 AM
3pm would be braw, but a TV company will spoil the day for the travelling fans by having a early KO...

Stop moaning about TV and kick off times. It is a Semi-Final, who cares, let's all go and back the team. Early kick off times can be annoying but every Semi-Final since 2010 has had an early kick off, why are we so naive to think it won't kick off early.

Again, look at 1995 on a Friday night against Celtic at Ibrox or 2000 on a Sunday evening at Hampden, I would prefer either of those kick off times rather than early Saturday but it won't put me off or dampen enthusiasm.

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Stop moaning about TV and kick off times. It is a Semi-Final, who cares, let's all go and back the team. Early kick off times can be annoying but every Semi-Final since 2010 has had an early kick off, why are we so naive to think it won't kick off early.

Again, look at 1995 on a Friday night against Celtic at Ibrox or 2000 on a Sunday evening at Hampden, I would prefer either of those kick off times rather than early Saturday but it won't put me off or dampen enthusiasm.

no i will not mr bossman ok

jdships
09-03-2015, 12:04 PM

Stop and think of those of us who due to age/health can't mange to attend but have supported the club for many many years .
Don't be so selfish :rolleyes:

Tom Hart RIP
09-03-2015, 12:30 PM
I was at 1995 sf replay and think it was a Thursday not. Friday. Might be my memory playing tricks but I can't remember spending a Friday night at Ibrox back then.

c31
09-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Defo a Friday - I think I used a mobile phone for the first time during the game.

hibby6270
09-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Yeah - definitely a Friday. 7th April 1995. K.O. 19-45
Just looked out the programme.

HibsNutter
09-03-2015, 02:26 PM
If we had a choice I'd love us to knock them back, more people would get up off their couch and go to the game. Although I very much doubt we'll get a say in it.

Hannah_hfc
09-03-2015, 02:40 PM
UK broadcasters are not allowed to show Saturday games between 2.45pm and 5.15pm which is why Saturday 3pm kick offs are never televised.

If we're Saturday, expect a lunchtime kick off because I don't see 5pm happening... Though maybe they could prove me wrong on that!

monktonharp
09-03-2015, 03:44 PM

Again, look at 1995 on a Friday night against Celtic at Ibrox or 2000 on a Sunday evening at Hampden, I would prefer either of those kick off times rather than early Saturday but it won't put me off or dampen enthusiasm.nope, I like a guid moan. especially when I am right:wink: most Hibs fans want to be there, at 3 pm with a gut full o' bevvy, a few pies etc and in full colour making loadsa noise to urge their favourites on. I am sure the Falkirk fans would feel the same. damn tv companies!:brickwall

Diclonius
09-03-2015, 03:48 PM
I hope the game's on telly - in Greece so can't make it! Hoping for the game not to be televised is all well and good when you can attend - there will be a few of us who are missing out.

Mikey
09-03-2015, 03:55 PM
UK broadcasters are not allowed to show Saturday games between 2.45pm and 5.15pm which is why Saturday 3pm kick offs are never televised.

If we're Saturday, expect a lunchtime kick off because I don't see 5pm happening... Though maybe they could prove me wrong on that!

Yep, it certainly won't be 3pm on the Saturday. I hope they make a decision soon though and don't wait for the other 2 games to be decided.

monktonharp
09-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Yep, it certainly won't be 3pm on the Saturday. I hope they make a decision soon though and don't wait for the other 2 games to be decided.that mean ours is not yet officialy on Saturday, Mikey?:confused:

DTS
09-03-2015, 04:17 PM
I assumed we would be the Sunday as we were the second game that was drawn I thought that's how it worked for the semi's

Leith_Hibee
09-03-2015, 04:17 PM
I dont mind a wee lunchtime kick off.

A wee spot of brunch in a Glasgow washed down with a cup of coffee (extra shot as its a special occassion) to get me up for the game.

Then when we win, a few drinks in the weedge and late train home. That's what I did for the Falkirk game (however I was drained after the emotional rollercoaster).

Mikey
09-03-2015, 04:41 PM
There's been no decision yet.......

William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final draw:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle / Raith Rovers vs Dundee United / Celtic

Hibernian vs Falkirk

Ties to be played weekend of 18th April, 2015

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsID=14424&newsCategoryID=1

Mikey
09-03-2015, 04:42 PM
I've changed the thread title as it was more than a little misleading!

jgl07
09-03-2015, 04:56 PM
I was at 1995 sf replay and think it was a Thursday not. Friday. Might be my memory playing tricks but I can't remember spending a Friday night at Ibrox back then.
No it was definitely a Friday night match.

HibbyAndy
09-03-2015, 05:01 PM

For sure.

LancsHibs
09-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Any ideas when the date & time will be confirmed? Plans need making!

bod
09-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Any ideas when the date & time will be confirmed? Plans need making!

suggest you email the sfa ,bbc & sky because they'll know before folk on here

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2015, 08:38 PM
i hope sellick hurry up and inform the GFA what day they would prefer to play, assuming they get past Dundee utd

Aldo
09-03-2015, 08:46 PM
I think we will have the Sat afternoon slot with a KO time between 12 & 1245.

Would rather it was 3pm on the Sat but it won't be so it'll be a lunchtime KO in the Sat or Sun.

Waxy
09-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Always seems the team that wins the saturday semi always goes on to lose the final.

Mikey
09-03-2015, 09:50 PM
The FA Cup semi finals are the same weekend so now we know what they are we'll hopefully get a decision soon.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Always seems the team that wins the saturday semi always goes on to lose the final.

Just with hibs :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2015, 10:57 PM

You would rather our semi was 6.05pm on a Sunday evening instead of 12.45pm on a Saturday afternoon?? Surely I've read that wrong? That ko time against Aberdeen was utterly farcical and thankfully doesn't seem to have been repeated since.

12.45pm on the Sat is the very best we can hope for here. Really hope it's not the Sunday

Prof. Shaggy
09-03-2015, 11:09 PM

I'm pretty sure the semi-final was on the Friday night (I had a ticket for a Dylan concert at the Playhouse).
The replay was the following Tuesday.

Wheat Hound
09-03-2015, 11:22 PM
We played Dunfermline on the Sunday in the 2007 SF......and Celtc played the Saturday so sometimes the 'smaller' teams do get the Sunday fixture

WellingtonHibby
09-03-2015, 11:26 PM

And us who live abroad can just whistle, can we?
Behave.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 01:20 AM
12:30 / 12:45 Kick off for me means a 5:30 start. as I bet it does for a lot of folk who live outside of Edinburgh. That also means the traditional pre match build up in the boozer, which is half the fun of big games, is squeezed into about an hour. Guaranteed it will be an early start.

spike220
10-03-2015, 07:47 AM
I hope Hibs TV will cover it!!!

Bristolhibby
10-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Mentally I'm thinking of driving up and back in a day for this.

Would have to leave at Daft 'o' clock c0300 on Saturday morning.

6 hrs there, 6 hrs back, doable?

J

Leithenhibby
10-03-2015, 04:31 PM

J

That's a big ask, you'll make the game ok but may well struggle on the return. A lot will depend on traffic! ....

Bristolhibby
10-03-2015, 04:57 PM
That's a big ask, you'll make the game ok but may well struggle on the return. A lot will depend on traffic! ....

Should have said, I would be sharing the driving with one other.

So opportunities to kip/relax.

J

Mikey
10-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Should have said, I would be sharing the driving with one other.

So opportunities to kip/relax.

J

Drive up to Lancashire, park the car and jump on their bus :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
10-03-2015, 05:04 PM

J

I'm not sure about Glasgow but easyJet fly between Bristol and Edinburgh.

Bristolhibby
10-03-2015, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure about Glasgow but easyJet fly between Bristol and Edinburgh.

I have checked the flights. Times are no good. Also a tad pricey.

Used to be able to get on a 08:00 on the Saturday then get a 19:00 return.
They have binned off those times. TBF who glues back on a Saturday evening?

J

scoopyboy
10-03-2015, 05:33 PM

The first game was on the Friday night when Leighton saved a pen.

Airdrie beat Hearts the following day.

We lost the replay on the Tuesday / Wednesday following.

Hibee_Craig7062
10-03-2015, 05:47 PM
The first game was on the Friday night when Leighton saved a pen.

Airdrie beat Hearts the following day.

We lost the replay on the Tuesday / Wednesday following.

Yip definitely a Friday night. We got the windows of our bus tanned in leaving Glasgow by some ****my soapies....poor lassie got glass all over her face!

20 years ago and I was only 10 at the time but remember it very clearly....bus driver banned our flag for the back window of the bus for the replay....his boss musnt have been happy about the smashed window a few days before!

Danderhall Hibs
10-03-2015, 07:54 PM
And us who live abroad can just whistle, can we?
Behave.

You can get it off Hibs tv.

LancashireHibby
10-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Hoping for 12:45 on the Saturday as it was last time we played Falkirk (though I think that ended up being 12:15ish). Trains will be a struggle on the Sunday, as will getting permission to take my 7 year old lad on what will effectively be a school night!

Mikey
10-03-2015, 08:44 PM
It would be good if they got the finger out and let the people who will actually be at the matches know when they will be :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
10-03-2015, 08:46 PM
It would be good if they got the finger out and let the people who will actually be at the matches know when they will be :rolleyes:

You're right, maybe SKY will be thinking that Hibs v Falkirk may be bigger than Raith v Dundee Utd, hence the delay?

Mikey
10-03-2015, 08:52 PM
You're right, maybe SKY will be thinking that Hibs v Falkirk may be bigger than Raith v Dundee Utd, hence the delay?

I hope we don't have to wait until the Celtic v Dundee Utd tie is settled as that replay isn't until next week. And we may even get a draw tonight.

Sergey
10-03-2015, 08:56 PM
I hope we don't have to wait until the Celtic v Dundee Utd tie is settled as that replay isn't until next week. And we may even get a draw tonight.

I fear that might be the case. Looking at it from the broadcasters standpoint, you have to see their reasoning (us fans - FLICKED over again)

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2015, 09:02 PM

Would still be 4 weeks until the match, plenty time

Hiber-nation
10-03-2015, 09:13 PM

Celtc have a game on Wednesday 15 April so if they beat the arabs they'd need to be playing their semi on the Sunday. None of the other clubs involved have midweek games before or after the semis as far as I can see. Simple solution would be to annouce our semi for the Saturday but TV scheduling might be the problem.

JimBHibees
10-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Celtc have a game on Wednesday 15 April so if they beat the arabs they'd need to be playing their semi on the Sunday. None of the other clubs involved have midweek games before or after the semis as far as I can see. Simple solution would be to annouce our semi for the Saturday but TV scheduling might be the problem.

Why loads of games are Wednesday/Saturday?

Hiber-nation
10-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Why loads of games are Wednesday/Saturday?

Its Celtc we're talking about here though! They'll want the extra day and will probably get it.

Aldo
10-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Its Celtc we're talking about here though! They'll want the extra day and will probably get it.

Agreed.

Would much prefer the Saturday tbh!!

Hermit Crab
10-03-2015, 11:13 PM

Gives celtic a bit of a dilema. Play a weakened team in the league and risk defeat allowing Aberdeen to catch up providing they are still playing well and challenging, or play a full strength team, aim to get the 3 points but risk injury and suspensions at the same time and worry about players being tired for the semi.

bboy
11-03-2015, 07:00 AM
No need to worry lancs hibby the semi weekend is in the middle of the easter holidays ,no school.:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
11-03-2015, 03:32 PM
No need to worry lancs hibby the semi weekend is in the middle of the easter holidays ,no school.:thumbsup:

My lad's school are back in on Monday 20th :(

Mikey
12-03-2015, 05:09 PM
:I'm waiti

Billy Whizz
12-03-2015, 05:10 PM
:I'm waiti

And?

Albanian Hibs
12-03-2015, 05:12 PM
And?

And what? I am dying to know the day and time too as my dad cant make it on the sat.

GreenArmyyy!
13-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows the kick-off time? Showing as 3pm on BBC but not sure if that is confirmed?

DTS
13-03-2015, 08:19 PM
The day that we are playing hasn't been confirmed yet so the kick off time will change

GreenArmyyy!
13-03-2015, 08:21 PM
The day that we are playing hasn't been confirmed yet so the kick off time will change

I had thought that myself but BBC website has us kicking off at 3pm on the Saturday?

Mr White
13-03-2015, 08:24 PM
I had thought that myself but BBC website has us kicking off at 3pm on the Saturday?

And it's never ever been wrong before :tee hee:

Brooster
14-03-2015, 12:40 PM
The dates and times wouldve been agreed long ago if Celtic were in the semis. Celtic are running the show here and the TV companies are bending over for them. Makes me sick.

kaimendhibs
14-03-2015, 01:09 PM
The dates and times wouldve been agreed long ago if Celtic were in the semis. Celtic are running the show here and the TV companies are bending over for them. Makes me sick.

10/10.

Mikey
14-03-2015, 01:11 PM

The FA Cup semi's are that weekend too and they haven't been announced yet either. I suspect they're waiting for those ties to be decided too.

It's still a PITA for those wanting to go to the games though!

weecounty hibby
14-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Purely selfishly I am hoping for the sunday as i cant make the saturday.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Purely selfishly I am hoping for the sunday as i cant make the saturday.

I'm also hoping for the Sunday.

I've got tickets for the Scottish Grand National on the Saturday, obviously I'd give them up if Hibs are that day but I'd rather not.

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Still no further forward on this? Any of our ITK guys had a sniff of when it'll be?

Hermit Crab
16-03-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm also hoping for the Sunday.

I've got tickets for the Scottish Grand National on the Saturday, obviously I'd give them up if Hibs are that day but I'd rather not.

Priorities. :D

HibeesLA
17-03-2015, 02:27 AM
Still no further forward on this? Any of our ITK guys had a sniff of when it'll be?

Might be over in London for the week of the 20th, so would love to know so I can book flights to come in early for the game. Do we know how far in advance TV companies are allowed to make changes?

Billy Whizz
17-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Might be over in London for the week of the 20th, so would love to know so I can book flights to come in early for the game. Do we know how far in advance TV companies are allowed to make changes?

The game will be on TV, once the time and day has been agreed, that will be it. Might be lucky to get an announcement towards the end of this week

MacBean
17-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Hibs website has our tie down for the saturday with kick off TBC. Under fixtures

Eyrie
17-03-2015, 08:09 PM
We'll find out on Thursday once the TV companies know the outcome of the Septic/Dundee Utd replay.

Swedish hibee
17-03-2015, 08:17 PM
No respect for the overseas fan trying to get a cheap flight!!! :fuming::grr:

cabbageandribs1875
17-03-2015, 08:26 PM
i don't understand why we are having to wait, are the TV companies thinking a Caley v Dundee utd tie is of less interest than our tie ?:confused: what day is considered more lucrative for a TV audience ?

my gawd it's obvious the TV companies run scottish football eh, they should just disband the SFA

how good would the sat at 3pm be :agree: plenty time for a nice wee day out

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Do you think sky are trying to pick the best slot for Celtic, so it doesn't clash with an fa cup semi on bbc or bt?

Hibee87
18-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Im led to believe should celtic win tonight, our game will be the Saturday. Should Dundee Utd win, our game will be the Sunday.

How much truth is in it I don't know but I can only assume the bbc game is the sunday, and based on our last semi v falkirk the would prefer that than inverness v united

southsider
18-03-2015, 02:33 PM
The late Tom Hart was right, inho, about football on TV. Just as Dave Ewing was right about the Rangers....he was just 44 years to early.

Mikey
18-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Right, c'mon then..........

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Right, c'mon then..........

Saturday 12.45pm

Mikey
18-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Saturday 12.45pm

Should be, but I won't be organising our buses on the say so from some........ erm......... Baldy Foghorn :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Should be, but I won't be organising our buses on the say so from some........ erm......... Baldy Foghorn :greengrin

:rolleyes::aok:

Irish_Steve
18-03-2015, 09:57 PM

Correct - which is why last season, Sky couldnt show the first 15 minutes of Real Madrid v Barca as it kicked off at 5pm - instead, they had the slightly strange scenario of watching a pundit watch the game on an iPad!

3pm
18-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Saturday 12.45pm

Guess work or is that inside info now being made public?

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Guess work or is that inside info now being made public?

My take on things R

Hannah_hfc
18-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Correct - which is why last season, Sky couldnt show the first 15 minutes of Real Madrid v Barca as it kicked off at 5pm - instead, they had the slightly strange scenario of watching a pundit watch the game on an iPad!
I managed a pub at that time and needless to say it was chaos trying to explain to hundreds of folk why they couldn't see the match till quarter past....even though they could see the right channel and hear commentary!

Puddocky
18-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Saturday 12.45pm

If they have to allow for possible extra time and penalties before the 3pm cutoff on a live broadcast, more likely to be 12.30 or even earlier.

Billy Whizz
18-03-2015, 10:38 PM
If they have to allow for possible extra time and penalties before the 3pm cutoff on a live broadcast, more likely to be 12.30 or even earlier.

It was 12.30 in 2013. Game needs to be finished by 3pm if it's live on TV

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 10:49 PM
My take on things R

Will definitely be early as they need as much time as possible to get the pitch in order for the game on the Sunday. Plus point for us is that the pitch should be in good nick for our game if it's saturday.

andrew70
18-03-2015, 10:49 PM
It was 12.30 in 2013. Game needs to be finished by 3pm if it's live on TV

Being pedantic here BW, so apologies but I seem to remember it being a 1215 kick off.

I'd guess that would be the same should we be playing on the Saturday.

edit: that could have been the Aberdeen semi year before actually.

leggeto
18-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Is our game defo on the Saturday

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Is our game defo on the Saturday

Thats the big question. No sod knows yet!

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Being pedantic here BW, so apologies but I seem to remember it being a 1215 kick off.

I'd guess that would be the same should we be playing on the Saturday.

edit: that could have been the Aberdeen semi year before actually.

it was 12:30 ko v falkirk in 2013, still damn too early anyway

leggeto
18-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Thats the big question. No sod knows yet!

I need to know pronto because I'm booked on the lunchtime flight from Dublin that day and I'd rather the game was the Sunday,can't believe its not been confirmed yet

silverhibee
18-03-2015, 11:30 PM
I'm hoping for a Sunday. Saturday could be a dilemma for me.

MacBean
18-03-2015, 11:37 PM
It's on our website as the saturday tbc kick off

Hermit Crab
18-03-2015, 11:42 PM
It's on our website as the saturday tbc kick off

Been like that since the draw was made. Nothing confirmed.

Can the OP or admins add "day and kick off not confirmed" to thread title as There's a few folk on here asking what day and time the games on. Just saying :greengrin

O'Rourke3
18-03-2015, 11:48 PM
Problem is probably the BBC. They may have a bit of a say who is on the Saturday and might like to ensure it's Celtic who would be a bigger TV draw than Hibs. Can't see by showing both it makes any difference at all to Sky.

Aldo
19-03-2015, 06:55 AM
I'm hoping for a Sunday. Saturday could be a dilemma for me.

Bristolhibby
19-03-2015, 07:39 AM
The last two cup finals have been on Saturday for us and we have lost both. It's a Sunday fix I tell you!

J

number9dream
19-03-2015, 08:31 AM
There will probably be an official announcement later this morning but the smart guess is Saturday early kick off for Hibs v Falkirk since Sky get first dibs over the BBC and will want the exclusive 'bigger game' on the Sunday.

Mikey
19-03-2015, 09:16 AM
I hope we're not waiting until the outcome of the Blackburn/Liverpool replay before they make a decision. That would be ridiculous.

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 09:30 AM
I hope we're not waiting until the outcome of the Blackburn/Liverpool replay before they make a decision. That would be ridiculous.

Ha ha

I'm hoping to we also announce a new fixture date for Livvi v Hibs, due to be played on 18th April

Piqué
19-03-2015, 10:00 AM
We are playing on the Saturday 12.15 confirmed on Scottish FA Twitter

Steve-O
19-03-2015, 10:02 AM
The last two cup finals have been on Saturday for us and we have lost both. It's a Sunday fix I tell you!

J

Celtic final was on a Sunday...

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2015, 10:02 AM
We are playing on the Saturday 12.15 confirmed on Scottish FA Twitter

great, i really do wish TV companies would just gtf away from football

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 10:03 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=14485&newsCategoryID=1

Confirmed Saturday 18th - 12.15pm KO

Steve-O
19-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Delighted as it means 11:15pm on a Saturday night here in NZ!

Spike Mandela
19-03-2015, 10:12 AM
12.15:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall do they have annual competitions within tv companies and football authorities to see how **** they can make football kick off times.

Steve-O
19-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Anyone know if it'll be on BBC website / iPlayer live, or indeed Hibs TV? Want a good stream for this and no mucking around looking for 'dodgy' streams.

CallumLaidlaw
19-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Anyone know if it'll be on BBC website / iPlayer live, or indeed Hibs TV? Want a good stream for this and no mucking around looking for 'dodgy' streams.

its on BBC so it'll be on the BBC website I would have thought.

weecounty hibby
19-03-2015, 10:23 AM
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****. I really was hoping for Sunday

EH54
19-03-2015, 10:25 AM

I have watched a few games on BBC Iplayer not for a while though but doubt it would have changed. :thumbsup:

Glad its the Saturday but 12:15 is a awful kick off time.

Gatecrasher
19-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Glad it's the Saturday and the early kick off was expected. at least we know now.

MacBean
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****. I really was hoping for Sunday

just you I think :wink::na na:

S4uzee
12.15:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall do they have annual competitions within tv companies and football authorities to see how **** they can make football kick off times.

It was obvious it would be this time, it has been for the last few years

Brightside
19-03-2015, 10:44 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=14485&newsCategoryID=1

oh super. I'm at the Darts the night before. :zzzzz!:

Spike Mandela
19-03-2015, 10:47 AM
It was obvious it would be this time, it has been for the last few years

Well, they're doing a good job of devaluing their own competition. Crap time for any football match.

hfc-1875
19-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Delighted its the Saturday, gutted its at 12.15. Just means an early start 🍻

Hibs History
19-03-2015, 11:09 AM
2nd Scottish Cup semi final time. 12:15 on a Sunday. Got to feel sorry for the ICTFC fans on that one! But as long as it suits the Glasgow team

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 11:09 AM
If and that's a big if, we get to the final the main Edinburgh to Glasgow rail line is shut on Saturday the 30th of May. Travel chaos.

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 11:10 AM
2nd Scottish Cup semi final time. 12:15 on a Sunday. Got to feel sorry for the ICTFC fans on that one! But as long as it suits the Glasgow team

They can't get a train that gets them to Glasgow for 12:15 on a Sunday. Terrible kick off time.

EH54
19-03-2015, 11:12 AM
If and that's a big if, we get to the final the main Edinburgh to Glasgow rail line is shut on Saturday the 30th of May. Travel chaos.

Wasn't this the case when Dundee United and St Johnston and was traveling to the cup final last year? and they postponed the work on the tracks and put trains on for that reason. hopefully they will do the same if we get there.

Hibs History
19-03-2015, 11:20 AM
They can't get a train that gets them to Glasgow for 12:15 on a Sunday. Terrible kick off time.

Same with the semi they had against hearts at Easter Road. Someone pointed out that the first train leaving on Sunday morning from Inverness wouldn't get into Edinburgh until 12:40 (or something like that)!

No wonder Scottish Football is seen as a joke

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2015, 11:24 AM

is that the via falkirk high line or the via bathgate line ?

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2015, 11:26 AM

absolutely ridiculous ko times, they should just disband the SFA and hand the running of scottish football over to the real organisers... ****** TV

MichelleHibs
19-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Wasn't this the case when Dundee United and St Johnston and was traveling to the cup final last year? and they postponed the work on the tracks and put trains on for that reason. hopefully they will do the same if we get there.

didnt postpone the works, put on trains but via edinburgh! long road for a short cut!!

carnoustiehibee
19-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Any word on the playoff final dates being rearranged yet?

JimBHibees
19-03-2015, 11:40 AM

The main line is the Falkirk one.

lucky
19-03-2015, 11:41 AM
For years now the semi finals have KO at lunch time. The TV deal for the cup is much better than the league one.Hibs will make another £85k from TV alone. Look at England one of their semi finals will be a 1730 KO but I doubt many fans will be complaining about it. Their travelling distance for most will be a lot more than a hour away

DavieRoy
19-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Any word on the playoff final dates being rearranged yet?

Why? Are we in either Final yet, no.

They only confirmed the dates to the Semi-Finals today after the replay last night. They won't do anything until Hibernian or Falkirk are in both finals.

Onceinawhile
19-03-2015, 11:45 AM

As mentioned it's the falkirk line so it'll still be possible to go via bathgate or go to central, but those trains both take an hour and a half or so.

weecounty hibby
19-03-2015, 11:45 AM
just you I think :wink::na na:

Probably not. I could have made a 3 o'clock on Saturday or anytime on Sunday. Pretty sure I won't be the only one. But as long as you get there then that's OK. Hope you feel superior!!!!!

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Why? Are we in either Final yet, no.

They only confirmed the dates to the Semi-Finals today after the replay last night. They won't do anything until Hibernian or Falkirk are in both finals.

Hibs or Falkirk will be though, and one of us could also be in the play offs

DavieRoy
19-03-2015, 11:48 AM
For years now the semi finals have KO at lunch time. The TV deal for the cup is much better than the league one.Hibs will make another £85k from TV alone. Look at England one of their semi finals will be a 1730 KO but I doubt many fans will be complaining about it. Their travelling distance for most will be a lot more than a hour away

Excellent point.

I said that away back at the beginning of this thread.

Since Sky and BBC negotiated the SFA deals in 2010 and 2014, they have actually been worth good money pro-rata. The Semi-Finals have always been early kickoff since 2010. Not saying it is not annoying or disruptive but not surprising either.

I made the point that 20 years ago we went to Ibrox for a Scottish Cup Semi-Final on a Friday night. In 2000, we played Aberdeen on a Sunday evening at 6.05pm at Hampden Park. I personally wouldn't mind any of those kickoff times again but I get surprised when people are surprised about a 12.15pm kick off!

Shame for Inverness on the Sunday but how many were they going to bring anyway? They only took 8,000 to last year's League Cup Final. Yogi has them playing well, they are rightly 3rd in the Premiership and still can't get a crowd not matter what time their game is!

DavieRoy
19-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Hibs or Falkirk will be though, and one of us could also be in the play offs

But not yet. The SPFL didn't see this coming when they should have and one team could be punished for being successful which plenty big games in a short space of time. One thing the SPFL won't do is flag it up early until they have to. I call they the 'head in the sand brigade'.

Spike Mandela
19-03-2015, 11:55 AM

Could live with 17.30 and indeed the money the clubs will receive for their troubles.

12.15 is ridiculous. Inverness have complained to the powers that be for these ridiculous times in the past yet they get shafted again. It is clear that the SFA would be aware of these issues and would no doubt have appealed to the tv companies but have no power even regarding their own competition.

The guys who benefit for this, and we all know them in the workplace and elsewhere, are the armchair supporters who've never been near a footbal match in 40 years, never put a dime in to football in this counntry, but will sit all day watching every game in their house or the pub.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 11:58 AM

A 17:30 kick off would be fine, why would anybody complain about it, that gives fans the time to travel down at a reasonable hour and enjoy the pre match build up. 12:15 spoils any prospect of making a day of it and for ICT its just not fair at all.

As usual the folk who actually bother to get off their arse to support their teams are given the least consideration. I don't even see the point of folk like me complaining any more, we are never listened to.

SKY and the BBC can GTF and take the SFA with them ... I couldn't care less how much money Hibs get from this. The semi final cash is pooled, how much will Hibs actually make when you deduct the fans put off by these ridiculous kick off times.

Sergey
19-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Sorry to be pedantic - but WTF is Saturday 18th March in the subject header all about?

Future17
19-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Sorry to be pedantic - but WTF is Saturday 18th March in the subject header all about?

Did you miss the game? We won 5-0...Lewis got all 5.

:flag:

lucky
19-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Sorry not buying this love in for ICT fans. The have a support of 2000-3000 with a traveling support of a couple hundred. They are well used to lunch time KOs. For me I rather play at lunch time than early evening on a Saturday. The majority of the fans travelling to OUR semi final will be within a 90 minute journey. Yes some will lose out but as soon as we took the TV companies cash we were always going to have lunch KOs for the semi finals

silverhibee
19-03-2015, 12:45 PM

What a terrible time for the KO in Scotlands biggest tournament, TV shoud just get to F***.

silverhibee
19-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Well, they're doing a good job of devaluing their own competition. Crap time for any football match.

Correct, FFS the players will just be getting in from the night before. :greengrin

But honestly who ever comes up with these stupid times needs there head slapped.

WeeRussell
19-03-2015, 12:50 PM
The time may not be ideal, but I'd far rather 12.15 on the Saturday than ANY time on the Sunday - personal opinion though.

Find a pub/your fridge open early enough in the morning and you can still make a day of it - and be as rough as you like the following day.

Roll on the 18th :flag:

silverhibee
19-03-2015, 12:51 PM

Cheers Mr http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mrmen/images/7/7f/Mr_Happy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140102171729

MB62
19-03-2015, 12:52 PM

Totally unfair on the supporters of Glasgow celtc.
How are their fans meant to get to Glasgow from Edinburgh, Dundee, Perth, Inverness, Aberdeen, Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Donegal, ect, etc? :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2015, 12:57 PM

but the bathgate line is the rail companies most profitable line though, therefore by default the real main line :greengrin

As mentioned it's the falkirk line so it'll still be possible to go via bathgate or go to central, but those trains both take an hour and a half or so.

central would be even better....takes off the 10 min walk from queen st to get to central :)

silverhibee
19-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Could live with 17.30 and indeed the money the clubs will receive for their troubles.

12.15 is ridiculous. Inverness have complained to the powers that be for these ridiculous times in the past yet they get shafted again. It is clear that the SFA would be aware of these issues and would no doubt have appealed to the tv companies but have no power even regarding their own competition.

The guys who benefit for this, and we all know them in the workplace and elsewhere, are the armchair supporters who've never been near a footbal match in 40 years, never put a dime in to football in this counntry, but will sit all day watching every game in their house or the pub.

Daytrippers may not attend this game due to KO time, to much hassle getting the kids up early and getting through to Glasgow in time, can see them watching this game from the living room on the tv.

SteveHFC
19-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Cheers Mr http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mrmen/images/7/7f/Mr_Happy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140102171729

:greengrin

silverhibee
19-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Hibs better have this game wrapped up in the 90 minutes, nae extra time pish or even penalties, i might look out of place when i take my seat at my next game that day at a sensible 3 o'clock time.

flash
19-03-2015, 01:08 PM
It's like Groundhog Day.
Every time we get to a semi its a lunchtime kick off. We have been to several in the last few years yet still people feign surprise and even outrage. It means we are all back in town earlier to hopefully plan a big day out at the Final.
The Final kicks off at 3 by the way.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Sorry not buying this love in for ICT fans. The have a support of 2000-3000 with a traveling support of a couple hundred. They are well used to lunch time KOs. For me I rather play at lunch time than early evening on a Saturday. The majority of the fans travelling to OUR semi final will be within a 90 minute journey. Yes some will lose out but as soon as we took the TV companies cash we were always going to have lunch KOs for the semi finals

What the hell has numbers got to do with it. Because ICT dont get 10,000 that means the ones who do support them don't matter? Have you ever thought of applying to the SFA for a job Lucky? Yes maybe the majority of fans for our semi will be within 90 minutes of Glasgow, but a lot wont .. its a 5:30am start for me and that means for my partner too because I can only make the supporters bus if she drives me, and she hates football. Its an even earlier start for others ...... but I suppose that doesn't matter because there's not many of us.

Football is supposed to be an entertainment ... a big game is supposed to be something to look forward to with excitement, not least of all for the pre match build up in the boozer for a couple of hours before kick off, which for a lot of us is part of football culture. Between them the TV companies and SFA are turning what should be a big day into a chore.

The fact that we take TV money shouldn't mean that the fans become an afterthought, which is what is happening. If the English semis kick off at 3:00pm on the 18th and 5:30pm on the 19th. What's wrong with a 6:30pm kick off for our semi on the 18th and a 2:30pm kick off on the 19th. Why does it have to be so early for our semis?

Allowing two of the biggest games of our domestic season to become in affect the warm up act for another countries equivalent matches does us no favours either in my opinion.

Perhaps we have had early semi kick offs since 2010 ...... doing the wrong thing for 4 years doesn't all of a sudden make it the right thing !!!

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 01:17 PM
It's like Groundhog Day.
Every time we get to a semi its a lunchtime kick off. We have been to several in the last few years yet still people feign surprise and even outrage. It means we are all back in town earlier to hopefully plan a big day out at the Final.

Nobody is "surprised" flash ............. As for "feigning" outrage. Its not feigned on my part mate .... and I bet you its not being feigned up Inverness way either.

flash
19-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Nobody is "surprised" flash ............. As for "feigning" outrage. Its not feigned on my part mate .... and I bet you its not being feigned up Inverness way either.

I agree about ICT kick off time being a joke. I also think half 5 is a nightmare. Imagine the state of half the punters if they were out from opening time. it's bad enough the state some jokers get in before 3.

Andy74
19-03-2015, 01:22 PM
It's like Groundhog Day.

Yep, load of nonsense.

Go or don't go.

SteveHFC
19-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Half 8 train it is :cb

Spike Mandela
19-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Yep, load of nonsense.

Go or don't go.

As ever you corner the market in sanctimonious posts.:aok:

lucky
19-03-2015, 01:29 PM
What the hell has numbers got to do with it. Because ICT dont get 10,000 that means the ones who do support them don't matter? Have you ever thought of applying to the SFA for a job Lucky? Yes maybe the majority of fans for our semi will be within 90 minutes of Glasgow, but a lot wont .. its a 5:30am start for me and that means for my partner too because I can only make the supporters bus if she drives me, and she hates football. Its an even earlier start for others ...... but I suppose that doesn't matter because there's not many of us.

Football is supposed to be an entertainment ... a big game is supposed to be something to look forward to with excitement, not least of all for the pre match build up in the boozer for a couple of hours before kick off, which for a lot of us is part of football culture. Between them the TV companies and SFA are turning what should be a big day into a chore.

The fact that we take TV money shouldn't mean that the fans become an afterthought, which is what is happening. If the English semis kick off at 3:00pm on the 18th and 5:30pm on the 19th. What's wrong with a 6:30pm kick off for our semi on the 18th and a 2:30pm kick off on the 19th. Why does it have to be so early for our semis?

Allowing two of the biggest games of our domestic season to become in affect the warm up act for another countries equivalent matches does us no favours either in my opinion.

Perhaps we have had early semi kick offs since 2010 ...... doing the wrong thing for 4 years doesn't all of a sudden make it the right thing !!!

Thanks for the career advice but the SFA no thanks. The build up to game started as soon as we got to the final, the fact you have to get up 0530 is irrelevant as is your argument about drinking for 2 hours before the game. I'm sure pubs will be open for at least 10 hours after the game.

As for ICT fans, they are used to the journey down the A9 and yes it's an early start for them on the Sunday. But the fact is they live 3 to 4 hours away from the national stadium so it's a long journey regardless of what time. But if they played at 1730 then it would nearer midnight before they got back home. The days of cup semi finals being played at 1500 are gone. But at least the clubs get some decent money out of it unlike the league games.

I take it your up early on Sunday to get to ER or you not bothering with the build up to the game on alcohol ?

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 01:29 PM
I agree about ICT kick off time being a joke. I also think half 5 is a nightmare. Imagine the state of half the punters if they were out from opening time. it's bad enough the state some jokers get in before 3.

For me its a couple of hours in the boozer pre match. I doubt 12:15 will make a difference to the determined ... the 2013 semi kicked off at 12:30 and we all saw the state of some folk when we went 3 down. I doubt they could have been any worse if it had kicked off at 5:30.

green&left
19-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Not at all surprised, always knew it was going to be a Saturday or Sunday early afternoon kick-off but it is a pish kick-off time. Part of the 'Hampden Day-out' is the pre-match build up, social clubs, pubs, hotels etc. You won't be allowed a bevvy on the trains or buses nor can you have a drink in the street.

Still, two early kick-offs means it won't interfere with Sky & BT's greatest league in the world... (FWIW 17.30 on the Saturday and 3pm on the Sunday would be my choice...)

Andy74
19-03-2015, 01:38 PM
As ever you corner the market in sanctimonious posts.:aok:

It's just the same nonsense every time. It's been this way for years now in relation to kick off times and it's just down the road. It's boring.

flash
19-03-2015, 01:38 PM
For me its a couple of hours in the boozer pre match. I doubt 12:15 will make a difference to the determined ... the 2013 semi kicked off at 12:30 and we all saw the state of some folk when we went 3 down. I doubt they could have been any worse if it had kicked off at 5:30.

Sadly you are right. i can't see the fun in being blootered at the match, would far rather have a good sauce afterwards but each to their own.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the career advice but the SFA no thanks. The build up to game started as soon as we got to the final, the fact you have to get up 0530 is irrelevant as is your argument about drinking for 2 hours before the game. I'm sure pubs will be open for at least 10 hours after the game.

As for ICT fans, they are used to the journey down the A9 and yes it's an early start for them on the Sunday. But the fact is they live 3 to 4 hours away from the national stadium so it's a long journey regardless of what time. But if they played at 1730 then it would nearer midnight before they got back home. The days of cup semi finals being played at 1500 are gone. But at least the clubs get some decent money out of it unlike the league games.

I take it your up early on Sunday to get to ER or you not bothering with the build up to the game on alcohol ?

The very definition of 'obtuse'

leggeto
19-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Baws,I'm going to have to get an earlier flight home now,oh well

Spike Mandela
19-03-2015, 01:44 PM
It's just the same nonsense every time. It's been this way for years now in relation to kick off times and it's just down the road. It's boring.

It's not boring.

I've been part of an out of town branch for nearly 30 years and we've ran buses to all major games in that time. These are important fundraisers for branches like ours and I would say without fail that kick offs post 2pm have been major money makers for us but the 12.30 pr 12.15 ones aren't anywhere near as good to us.

It might mean **** all to the likes of you but it does to others and we are being ignored by the authorities who claim to vulue supporters of clubs.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Sadly you are right. i can't see the fun in being blootered at the match, would far rather have a good sauce afterwards but each to their own.

Been many years since I've been blootered at a match mate. Why does it always turn to this whenever anybody mentions a pre match pint ...for thousands of fans the pre match boozer has been a tradition for years. Unfortunately for some of us a post match pint is out of the question.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 01:46 PM
It's not boring.

I've been part of an out of town branch for nearly 30 years and we've ran buses to all major games in that time. These are important fundraisers for branches like ours and I would say without fail that kick offs post 2pm have been major money makers for us but the 12.30 pr 12.15 ones aren't anywhere near as good to us.

It might mean **** all to the likes of you but it does to others and we are being ignored by the authorities who claim to vulue supporters of clubs.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2015, 01:54 PM
The time may not be ideal, but I'd far rather 12.15 on the Saturday than ANY time on the Sunday - personal opinion though.

Find a pub/your fridge open early enough in the morning and you can still make a day of it - and be as rough as you like the following day.

Roll on the 18th :flag:

Alfredo's for a pint and sliced sausage roll!

LancashireHibby
19-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Means an early start for me and my 7 year old, but it also means getting home much earlier than usual. Swings and roundabouts. Only £31 return on the train for the pair of us as well.

EH54
19-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Crap kick off time always enjoy going for a few pints in a club first to soak up some atmosphere and meet other fans.

Geo_1875
19-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Would rather have had the Sunday game and the ko times are a joke.

As for posters saying ICT fans should be used to the early drive down the A9 for these big games, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Football is nothing without the fans and it doesn't matter if a team has a hardcore of 300 or 30,000 they shouldn't be disadvantaged for the sake of the TV schedules.

And why can't Sky show matches in England and Scotland at the same time? They have 5 channels showing champions league group matches on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Tell them when we want to play and if they don't like it they can GTF.

EH54
19-03-2015, 02:04 PM

As for posters saying ICT fans should be used to the early drive down the A9 for these big games, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Football is nothing without the fans and it doesn't matter if a team has a hardcore of 300 or 30,000 they shouldn't be disadvantaged for the sake of the TV schedules.

And why can't Sky show matches in England and Scotland at the same time? They have 5 channels showing champions league group matches on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Tell them when we want to play and if they don't like it they can GTF.

:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 02:08 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 02:10 PM
but the bathgate line is the rail companies most profitable line though, therefore by default the real main line :greengrin

No it is not.

central would be even better....takes off the 10 min walk from queen st to get to central :)

Central has fast and slow services.

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 02:15 PM

No, they ran specials through Fife via Edinburgh

Same with the semi they had against hearts at Easter Road. Someone pointed out that the first train leaving on Sunday morning from Inverness wouldn't get into Edinburgh until 12:40 (or something like that)!

No wonder Scottish Football is seen as a joke

Yes that's right. No trains to get them there in time.

Via Falkirk high is the main line. The route via Bathgate is a secondary route and considerably slower.

didnt postpone the works, put on trains but via edinburgh! long road for a short cut!!

Yes that's correct.

Correct, you've earned a point with that answer.

Not my fault silver. :D

Smartie
19-03-2015, 02:23 PM
It's not boring.

:agree:

Unfortunately you can't please all of the people all of the time though.

In Scotland the authorities value the custom of the armchair Old Firm fan over all others, so the lifeblood of the game is ignored to suit them.

When those armchair fans aren't catered for for whatever reason (e.g. clubs having the temerity to follow appropriate practice and see to it that a newco The Rangers start in the bottom league) we hear cries of armageddon from those authorities.

It makes you sick but we've come to accept it.

It ain't gonna change.

.Sean.
19-03-2015, 02:34 PM
In the Semi and STILL we've got folk moaning like bitches.

Get over yourselves or dinnae go. It's simple. It's the Semi of the Scottish Cup ffs, it's in Glasgow at lunchtime no kicking off at the back of 2 in the morning on the Moon. Jeezo.

marinello59
19-03-2015, 02:38 PM

Get over yourselves or dinnae go. It's simple. It's the Semi of the Scottish Cup ffs, it's in Glasgow at lunchtime no kicking off at the back of 2 in the morning on the Moon. Jeezo.

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2015, 02:42 PM

Andy74
19-03-2015, 02:43 PM

Indeed.

It's almost a pity we got there the way we've inconvenienced some folk.

J-C
19-03-2015, 02:44 PM
I don't care what time the KO is, I'll be there supporting my team, 12.15 for big games like this is norm nowadays.

Andy74
19-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Been many years since I've been blootered at a match mate. Why does it always turn to this whenever anybody mentions a pre match pint ...for thousands of fans the pre match boozer has been a tradition for years. Unfortunately for some of us a post match pint is out of the question.

You will surely have a few hours spare now for a drink after the game?

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 02:47 PM

Give it a hundred years and it will be 2 in the morning on the bloody Moon. If folk are prepared to have the TV & SFA piss on their leg and just take it, the question has to be asked, who are the bitches?

I'll be there no matter where or at what time it gets played ..... that doesn't mean I give up the right to be pissed off at being treated like ***** by folk who should be treating me like gold dust ... and I bet a lot of folk feel the same way.

lucky
19-03-2015, 02:49 PM

Spot on

Centre Hawf
19-03-2015, 02:49 PM
The thing is the Cup games can obviously go to ET and Penalties and if that happens it can't run into that "No football on TV after 3" rule. So there really was no other time this could be, other than 15 minutes later. Unless the TV Companies bolted which I am happy for them to do.

J-C
19-03-2015, 02:54 PM
You will surely have a few hours spare now for a drink after the game?

Nothing worse than the post match hangover :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Spot on

Actually .. ken what, you guys are right. I'm away tae dash off an E Mail tae the SFA thanking them for actually letting me go to the game at all.

Spike Mandela
19-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Indeed.

It's almost a pity we got there the way we've inconvenienced some folk.

You'll never get down from your ivory tower in time for kick off.:cb

EH54
19-03-2015, 03:03 PM
I will be there supporting my club no matter what time they play i don't care if its the Scottish cup or the challenge cup the fact that fans are being put 2nd to fit the game on BBC really does piss me off and i think as a fan i have a right to challenge the time and have a good moan :aok:

Alfred E Newman
19-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Its not the best KO time but its the norm now when it comes to big games. On the plus side it provides an ideal excuse for some to stay at home and watch it on the box.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 03:06 PM
I will be there supporting my club no matter what time they play i don't care if its the Scottish cup or the challenge cup the fact that fans are being put 2nd to fit the game on BBC really does piss me off and i think as a fan i have a right to challenge the time and have a good moan :aok:

Exactly

Geo_1875
19-03-2015, 03:13 PM

Some people on here and in the Hibs support in general can remember when football wasn't a fashion to be followed blindly like sheep. The days when fans knew in advance when games would be played because football had a day and a time. These people are entitled to have an opinion and moan if they want.

Andy74
19-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Some people on here and in the Hibs support in general can remember when football wasn't a fashion to be followed blindly like sheep. The days when fans knew in advance when games would be played because football had a day and a time. These people are entitled to have an opinion and moan if they want.

What's this about following blindly like sheep?

Hibs are playing, in a semi final and its on a lunch time on a Saturday. Were you expecting a revolution of some sort?

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 03:45 PM
In case anyone is interested in the game :cb

I've attached a link that showed pricing when we met in April 2013

Can't see it being much dissimilar to this

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk.p.preprod.performgroup.com/news/20130405/latest-ticket-news_2262950_3133809

Pete
19-03-2015, 03:53 PM
In case anyone is interested in the game :cb

I've attached a link that showed pricing when we met in April 2013

Can't see it being much dissimilar to this

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk.p.preprod.performgroup.com/news/20130405/latest-ticket-news_2262950_3133809

I actually prefer the east so I'll be taking advantage of those prices.

Gutted for the ICT fans and long distance hibbys but I'm not too fussed personally. It's only an hours drive away and it will be a quick in and out then back home for tea. Saturdays are easier to negotiate for a lot of people than the Sundays so I guess we've been lucky that way.

More time to celebrate afterwards I suppose.

SteveHFC
19-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Hopefully ST holders get 10 extra tickets :hyper

Pete
19-03-2015, 03:58 PM

You can probably have as many as you want if you wait for the public sale. 20,000 odd will be there.

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 03:59 PM

Think season ticket holders were able to get up to 4 each last time

Edit, my mistake is was as many as you want

SteveHFC
19-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Think season ticket holders were able to get up to 4 each last time

I'm going to be greedy and ask for an extra 10 tickets which i can sell for over the odds :wink:

hibeesjoe
19-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Will Edinburgh trains go through Falkirk considering that's the team that we are playing. It's only a tiny monority but when you mix idiots and alcohol there's always a chance of trouble.

silverhibee
19-03-2015, 04:07 PM

ketchup

Billy Whizz
19-03-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm going to be greedy and ask for an extra 10 tickets which i can sell for over the odds :wink:

Steve, just edited my post, it was unlimited in April 2013
Bearing in mind we had a lot more season ticket holders in 2013

marinello59
19-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Some people on here and in the Hibs support in general can remember when football wasn't a fashion to be followed blindly like sheep.

Is Fitba a fashion now?
Woooohoooo, I'm a fashion follower at last.

The_Exile
19-03-2015, 04:33 PM
........football wasn't a fashion to be followed.........

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/fester-1.png

Yuillsy
19-03-2015, 04:43 PM
oh super. I'm at the Darts the night before. :zzzzz!:

At the corn Exchange? If so, snap. It won't be a pleasant journey to Glasgow!!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Give it a hundred years and it will be 2 in the morning on the bloody Moon. If folk are prepared to have the TV & SFA piss on their leg and just take it, the question has to be asked, who are the bitches?

I'll be there no matter where or at what time it gets played ..... that doesn't mean I give up the right to be pissed off at being treated like ***** by folk who should be treating me like gold dust ... and I bet a lot of folk feel the same way.

Cannae argue with that :agree:

Springbank
19-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Cannae argue with that :agree:

With due respect to poster vanNishtelrooy, I would say this to the moaners:

you could always go & support Killie instead. all their games are 3pm Saturday because they don't get to semis or finals that often (our very own 5-1 final victory 8 years ago excepted) and no bxgger goes so you'll always get a view you like.

personally I'd rather watch Hibs in a national cup semi final in a stadium that's one hour away (a distance that many London clubs would consider a derby)

mon the Hibs!

this is the year :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 06:04 PM
With due respect to poster vanNishtelrooy, I would say this to the moaners:

you could always go & support Killie instead. all their games are 3pm Saturday because they don't get to semis or finals that often (our very own 5-1 final victory 8 years ago excepted) and no bxgger goes so you'll always get a view you like.

personally I'd rather watch Hibs in a national cup semi final in a stadium that's one hour away (a distance that many London clubs would consider a derby)

mon the Hibs!

this is the year :flag:

So its like, be grateful that you have the chance to be treated with disdain because there are other fitba fans out there who don't get the chance.

Somebody else as well as you mentioned the distance. Its got nothing to do with the distance, or the travelling time, I travel 40 miles to Easter Rd for every home game and because I pick people up it takes about an hour and 30 minutes from leaving the house. Its to do with the kick off time, which for Hibbies outside of Edinburgh is annoying and for ICT fans must feel like a bloody insult.

FFS .... Talk about Stockholm syndrome. It seems to me that folk have become so used to being treated as an afterthought or worse, an inconvenience, in order to suit TV viewers that they are prepared to just bend over and take it, or even worse defend the fact that we are treated like this. The people who get off their ***** and pay their hard earned cash at the gate are the lifeblood of football ( especially Scottish football ) and not some poxy armchair fan in bloody Bristol or Manchester who is only tuning in because there's sod all on the other channels. Its time we were given the place at the head of the queue we sodding well deserve.

As a mere paying fan I might have to put up with this Ertha Kitt ............. I'm buggered if I'll make any pretence that its in any way acceptable, or accept lectures from people who seem happy to acquiesce to the concept that the paying, match attending fan, comes second to the TV schedule.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2015, 06:15 PM
So its like, be grateful that you have the chance to be treated with disdain because there are other fitba fans out there who don't get the chance.

Somebody else as well as you mentioned the distance. Its got nothing to do with the distance, or the travelling time, I travel 40 miles to Easter Rd for every home game and because I pick people up it takes about an hour and 30 minutes from leaving the house. Its to do with the kick off time, which for Hibbies outside of Edinburgh is annoying and for ICT fans must feel like a bloody insult.

FFS .... Talk about Stockholm syndrome. It seems to me that folk have become so used to being treated as an afterthought or worse, an inconvenience, in order to suit TV viewers that they are prepared to just bend over and take it, or even worse defend the fact that we are treated like this. The people who get off their ***** and pay their hard earned cash at the gate are the lifeblood of football ( especially Scottish football ) and not some poxy armchair fan in bloody Bristol or Manchester who is only tuning in because there's sod all on the other channels. Its time we were given the place at the head of the queue we sodding well deserve.

As a mere paying fan I might have to put up with this Ertha Kitt ............. I'm buggered if I'll make any pretence that its in any way acceptable, or accept lectures from people who seem happy to acquiesce to it.

Keith_M
19-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Travelling to a stadium that's only 1.5 hours from our own by Public Transport, for a 12:15 kick-off is hardly a major incovenience.

I accept that there will be some people annoyed that they can't make it that day and time, as would others if it were on Sunday at 12:30, etc, but for others it''s basically that some people will have the very minor inconvenience of less drinking time before the game.

I'm not saying this applies to anyone on here but, given the behaviour of some of our Fans at previous semis & finals, people having less time to get boozed up is actually an attraction to me. I'd imagine that I'm not the only one either.

However, I agree that everyone's entitled to moan....... as are the rest of us to laugh at them ;-)

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Travelling to a stadium that's only 1.5 hours from our own by Public Transport, for a 12:15 kick-off is hardly a major incovenience.

I accept that there will be some people annoyed that they can't make it that day and time, as would others if it were on Sunday at 12:30, etc, but for others it''s basically that some people will have the very minor inconvenience of less drinking time before the game.

I'm not saying this applies to anyone on here but, given the behaviour of some of our Fans at previous semis & finals, people having less time to get boozed up is actually an attraction to me. I'd imagine that I'm not the only one either.

However, I agree that everyone's entitled to moan....... as are the rest of us to laugh at them ;-)

Dunno how many times it has to be said that's its nothing to do with the travelling 'time' or 'distance'

You laugh all you want Keekaboo ........ you can join the SFA in laughing Scottish football all the way down the pan. This is just the sort of attitude Barry Hearn was lambasting the SFA / SPFL about to thunderous applause from all and sundry a few weeks ago.

When you run a business, especially one that depends on the goodwill of the public, you do everything possible not to inconvenience them if you want it to survive. You go out of the way to enhance the experience, not dilute it.

I give up :bitchy:

Brightside
19-03-2015, 08:58 PM
At the corn Exchange? If so, snap. It won't be a pleasant journey to Glasgow!!!

Aye - very same!

eastterrace
19-03-2015, 09:04 PM

yes kick off time a slight inconvenience but agree gives the bampots less drinking time so makes it a better day out

Real Emerald
19-03-2015, 09:13 PM
If any supporter from any club in Scotland was offered a bye to the SC/SF at Hampden at 12.15 at the start of the season, would you take it? It was always going to happen and it is for me a crap time....but it's the semi final of another chance to win the Scottish Cup. Get your horses and carts oot, hotels book, whatever. It's in Glasgow at 12.15, we really need to get a grip and follow the team.

scuttle
19-03-2015, 09:17 PM
If any supporter from any club in Scotland was offered a bye to the SC/SF at Hampden at 12.15 at the start of the season, would you take it? It was always going to happen and it is for me a crap time....but it's the semi final of another chance to win the Scottish Cup. Get your horses and carts oot, hotels book, whatever. It's in Glasgow at 12.15, we really need to get a grip and follow the team.

Agreed , well said mate

eastterrace
19-03-2015, 09:23 PM

all this moaning about this game ,your right if we were offered this at start of the season we would have bitten their hand off. lets get thru to that dump hampden and support the team

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Ko time is not ideal but I would literally rather kick off at any time on a Saturday than 3pm on a Sunday. Everyone will have their own preference though. Our bus leaves the pub at 8am so should still get a couple of hours of boozer banter through there before ko.
You'd have to go some way to find a bigger shambles than us having to play the actual final on a Sunday two years ago!!![emoji35]

scoopyboy
19-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Ko time is not ideal but I would literally rather kick off at any time on a Saturday than 3pm on a Sunday. Everyone will have their own preference though. Our bus leaves the pub at 8am so should still get a couple of hours of boozer banter through there before ko.
You'd have to go some way to find a bigger shambles than us having to play the actual final on a Sunday two years ago!!![emoji35]

What time does the boozer open at?

Hannah_hfc
19-03-2015, 09:48 PM
I was checking the Clockwork and Montford House earlier and it seems to be they open at 11am??

Does anyone know from previous years if they change this on matchdays?

Dashing Bob S
19-03-2015, 10:29 PM
I should imagine I will book a decent hotel in Glasgow on the Friday night, enjoy a glass of red wine, and head, relatively spruce to the game on Saturday morning. I can't abide anywhere in the proximity of Hampden with a hangover. I'd vote for the imposition of Sharia Law for anybody who would raze the dump to the ground and replace it with something of relative public utility, like a Lidl supermarket.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-03-2015, 10:32 PM

If it's the same place we booked into last time(can't for the life of me remember the name)then it was open for us arriving at 9.30am

Piqué
19-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Will Edinburgh trains go through Falkirk considering that's the team that we are playing. It's only a tiny monority but when you mix idiots and alcohol there's always a chance of trouble.
Think our trains went past Falkirk Grahamston station last time and the Falkirk fans were to get on at Falkirk High station if I remember correctly!

Hermit Crab
19-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Think our trains went past Falkirk Grahamston station last time and the Falkirk fans were to get on at Falkirk High station if I remember correctly!

No, that didn't happen. It's 15 minute service from edinburgh to glasgow via falkirk plus a 15 minute service from Edinburgh via Bathgate and airdrie. Plenty trains for fans to spread out on. There will be police at edinburgh, falkirk and glasgow to deal with any potential trouble. Most falkirk fans use grahamston via Cumbernauld anyway.

.Sean.
19-03-2015, 11:13 PM
I can't believe folk are shocked by this, I'm 24 and we've been '****ed' over and dictated to be tele companies for as long as I've been going to the games. Get over it and get in with it.

It's a lunchtime kick off and Glasgow is within 2 hours of the very vast majority of us. We're spoiled by central belt fixtures in Scotland, early starts and 3/4 hour journeys to away games are the norm for English supporters and followers of teams on the continent. You'd think we're has done by, we're really not.

Fwiw if I'd been offered this at the start of the season, I'd do a Thomson and walk to Hampden bearfoot, as would thousands of other Hibby's.

California-Hibs
20-03-2015, 12:34 AM
Stop moaning! You act like these kick off times surprise you, they've been happening for years, and not just in our league either!

I'll have to wake up at 4.15am to watch it here in California. Does it really bother me? Not really, because Hibs are in the Scottish Cup Semi with a massive chance of getting to the final!!

Regardless of the kick off time, THAT excitement should way over rule it!

SteveHFC
20-03-2015, 12:41 AM
I can't believe folk are shocked by this, I'm 24 and we've been '****ed' over and dictated to be tele companies for as long as I've been going to the games. Get over it and get in with it.

It's a lunchtime kick off and Glasgow is within 2 hours of the very vast majority of us. We're spoiled by central belt fixtures in Scotland, early starts and 3/4 hour journeys to away games are the norm for English supporters and followers of teams on the continent. You'd think we're has done by, we're really not.

Fwiw if I'd been offered this at the start of the season, I'd do a Thomson and walk to Hampden bearfoot, as would thousands of other Hibby's.

Well said mate :top marks

California-Hibs
20-03-2015, 05:48 AM

Yep, spot on!

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2015, 08:03 AM
I dont think ANYONE is shocked at the time of the game, what most folk are is PISSED OFF at how the fans are the last people who are considered.

Inverness fans CANT get a train to the game that gets them there for the start of the game. The time and dates of these games were made after Celtic had got through, just so the TV could decide which games they wanted.

The very people who actually go to the games are the ones who are the most inconvenienced, while those who sit on their arse indoors watching on their telly are the ones that are being looked after as the lifeblood of the game.

Just because this has been happening for 20 years does not make it right. Having a full stadium or as near a full stadium as possible has to be the aim, but that's not the case is it?

PeeJay
20-03-2015, 08:48 AM
I dont think ANYONE is shocked at the time of the game, what most folk are is PISSED OFF at how the fans are the last people who are considered.

Inverness fans CANT get a train to the game that gets them there for the start of the game. The time and dates of these games were made after Celtic had got through, just so the TV could decide which games they wanted.

The very people who actually go to the games are the ones who are the most inconvenienced, while those who sit on their arse indoors watching on their telly are the ones that are being looked after as the lifeblood of the game.

Just because this has been happening for 20 years does not make it right. Having a full stadium or as near a full stadium as possible has to be the aim, but that's not the case is it?

:top marksSpot on - here in Germany we do not have any 12:00 kick-offs or 13:00 or any stupid times/dates like that ... the guys who go to the grounds here still count for something, unlike all of you in the UK ...

EH54
20-03-2015, 09:16 AM

I'm 24 and same and it still pisses me off and i will still tell people it pisses me off! so because some English supporters travel longer for a early kick off we shouldn't be moaning? wish people would stop thinking that because were there we should just be grateful and not challenge the SFA and television companys. i would walk bearfooted to Hampden as would majority of hibs fans but we still have a right to moan about a 12:15 kick off time! just like i did in the last semi final and the one before that and the game on Sunday!. just like you have a right to moan about people moaning!

Stop moaning! You act like these kick off times surprise you, they've been happening for years, and not just in our league either!

I'll have to wake up at 4.15am to watch it here in California. Does it really bother me? Not really, because Hibs are in the Scottish Cup Semi with a massive chance of getting to the final!!

Regardless of the kick off time, THAT excitement should way over rule it!

If i was waking up in California i wouldn't be moaning either! :thumbsup:But i don't so i am!

green&left
20-03-2015, 09:46 AM

No-ones shocked, pissed off more like. First of all that we had to wait until the outcome of the Celtic game before anything gets organised then the complete dis-regard to the match day going fans with the early kick-offs just so it doesn't interfere with Sky's viewing figures for their main matches.

And uber hat on being pissed off with the phannys that run our game is heehaw to do with being a fair weather gloryhunter. Could count on one hand how many games i've missed in about 5 seasons :aok:

Incidentally can anyone recall any major semi-final of any other major footballing country kicking off at 12.15pm? I'd hazard a guess and say none...

hfc-1875
20-03-2015, 09:48 AM
If it's the same place we booked into last time(can't for the life of me remember the name)then it was open for us arriving at 9.30am

Shettleston by any chance? I think that was the name anyway.