PDA

View Full Version : The most important match of the season so far....

Pete
09-03-2015, 01:40 AM
...is on Wednesday against Livingston.

From now on in every league match is a cup final as there are only ten games left. Pipping Rangers to second is vital as the play offs are tough enough for the championship team. I'd rather lay in wait for the winner of a bruising contest between Rangers and Falkirk than play a two legged tie before facing rested opponents.

Finishing second and all the advantages that go with it was a pipe dream a few months ago but it is firmly in our grasp if we continue in our rich vein of form. We have to put every team we play to the sword from this point onwards...and handsomely to improve our goal difference.

The cup is nice and we should field our strongest eleven but it's a bonus. I was really hoping that Stubbs would start taking players off after we went 2-0 up as the midweek game needs our full attention. My heart sank when Gray and Malonga hobbled off but thankfully they are OK.

Forget hampden just now because we have a season defining game during the week and another against Cowdenbeath a few days later. Stuff how wet your feet get, we need six points before we play the Huns!

This is unexpectedly turning into one of the most exciting seasons I've witnessed and it has the potential to be one of the greatest. Maximum support for the boys is a must during this hectic period of games we are about to undertake but we can do it of we stay patient, focused and get 100% behind the team.
:cup: :cup:

Ozyhibby
09-03-2015, 01:23 PM

From now on in every league match is a cup final as there are only ten games left. Pipping Rangers to second is vital as the play offs are tough enough for the championship team. I'd rather lay in wait for the winner of a bruising contest between Rangers and Falkirk than play a two legged tie before facing rested opponents.

Finishing second and all the advantages that go with it was a pipe dream a few months ago but it is firmly in our grasp if we continue in our rich vein of form. We have to put every team we play to the sword from this point onwards...and handsomely to improve our goal difference.

The cup is nice and we should field our strongest eleven but it's a bonus. I was really hoping that Stubbs would start taking players off after we went 2-0 up as the midweek game needs our full attention. My heart sank when Gray and Malonga hobbled off but thankfully they are OK.

Forget hampden just now because we have a season defining game during the week and another against Cowdenbeath a few days later. Stuff how wet your feet get, we need six points before we play the Huns!

This is unexpectedly turning into one of the most exciting seasons I've witnessed and it has the potential to be one of the greatest. Maximum support for the boys is a must during this hectic period of games we are about to undertake but we can do it of we stay patient, focused and get 100% behind the team.

Great Post. We must keep our focus on the next game. Always.

emerald green
09-03-2015, 02:07 PM
I agree with the OP, especially since the Ibrokes club play QOS on Tuesday (I think).

Another draw or a win for QOS would be good, but then Hibs would need to follow up whatever the outcome at Greyskull by getting 3 points on Wednesday.

lyonhibs
09-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Is as always the next one.

Northernhibee
09-03-2015, 05:20 PM
There isn't a team ahead of us we can't beat. Imagine what a season it would be if we remained undefeated.

Hamish
09-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Well trodden and boring but it has to be one game at a time from now on in. Know that Mr ' I will be here as long as you want me' targeted matches in blocks of 3 or 4 in our last First Div. campaign but it is entirely different circumstances this time.

Deansy
09-03-2015, 05:52 PM

Totally agree - Promotion is THE priority !!. Besides, the SC has been devalued in recent years with 'lesser' teams 'winning' it and also teams who've employed very suspect 'methods' to 'win/Buy' it - well, ok, the one team fits both these categories but devalued nevertheless.

09-03-2015, 05:57 PM
We are going to have a very exciting run in to the end of the season with our fight for promotion and of course the cup. Every game is so important, we need max points in every game, we can't afford to drop silly points anymore.

I hope what Stubbs and the team have done will encourage more people back to ER. they fully deserve the support and need every bit of it behind them.

GGTTH :flag: