PDA

View Full Version : I think that we'll win the semi v Falkirk because...

TheFamous1875
08-03-2015, 10:58 PM
...our fans will turn up in their numbers and give Hibs a great support which our players will feed off and the occasion will take care of itself! Falkirk are not a bad side and we've been unable to beat them so far this season, but I think the difference in this match will be the 25,000-strong army of green and white and the atmosphere that will be created by it; the expectations of this club are finally rested on players who're capable of meeting them, all under the stewardship of a management team that are professional and disciplined and get the best out of our players. Stubbs and Co. will make sure that the squad are up for the fight; they will feed off the pressure from the terraces and use it to their advantage.

The last semi V Falkirk was a disaster from the start: a 4-5-1 with 3 central-defensive-midfielders (two of them nowhere near match fit) against a young and positive Falkirk - ****ing disaster from a clueless football club that could be made into a best-selling cautionary tale for aspiring managers titled How Not to Approach Cup Semi-Finals and Alienate a Fan Base by Pat Fenlon with foreword by Paul Cairney's takeaway menu drawer - that's how bad it was!

This club has moved on since those days, and whilst we're not world-beaters or anything like that, we're doing everything we should be and that's all you can ask for sometimes. With this new air of positivity and momentum on our side, we can do this!

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 11:13 PM
I would be delighted if we can reach 20k, and help drive our club on to reach the final. would this not be the 14th final, since we last won? (if we get there) .we have a totally different team, with a totally different approach ushered by a management team that know what it means to get us into the final. I have not seen Falkirk this season, but do know we still have to beat them. I am not quietly confident, just feel that we have players that want to be in that final and possibly part of something good.

SteveHFC
08-03-2015, 11:20 PM
...our fans will turn up in their numbers and give Hibs a great support which our players will feed off and the occasion will take care of itself! Falkirk are not a bad side and we've been unable to beat them so far this season, but I think the difference in this match will be the 25,000-strong army of green and white and the atmosphere that will be created by it; the expectations of this club are finally rested on players who're capable of meeting them, all under the stewardship of a management team that are professional and disciplined and get the best out of our players. Stubbs and Co. will make sure that the squad are up for the fight; they will feed off the pressure from the terraces and use it to their advantage.

The last semi V Falkirk was a disaster from the start: a 4-5-1 with 3 central-defensive-midfielders (two of them nowhere near match fit) against a young and positive Falkirk - ****ing disaster from a clueless football club that could be made into a best-selling cautionary tale for aspiring managers titled How Not to Approach Cup Semi-Finals and Alienate a Fan Base by Pat Fenlon with foreword by Paul Cairney's takeaway menu drawer - that's how bad it was!

This club has moved on since those days, and whilst we're not world-beaters or anything like that, we're doing everything we should be and that's all you can ask for sometimes. With this new air of positivity and momentum on our side, we can do this!

Well Said mate :top marks

3 finals in 4 years would be ****ing great. :flag:

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 11:33 PM

3 finals in 4 years would be ****ing great. :flag:yup, and three on the trot, at Hampden. where was last year's final played?

SteveHFC
08-03-2015, 11:36 PM
yup, and three on the trot, at Hampden. where was last year's final played?

Celtic Park bud

--------
09-03-2015, 12:58 AM
According to Houston on Sportscene, only Hearts and Cowdenbeath (and now Falkirk, of course) have manged to win at Palmerston Park this season.

So I guess it'll be a difficult game all right.

Funny thing, though - I could have sworn that Queens lost to someone else just a few weeks ago ....

But my memory's just terrible these days. :devil:

This will be a hard game and Falkirk will be out for revenge after the way we beat them in our last semi against them.

We can't take anything for granted. Fans in the stands have never won a football match - ever. It's the players on the park who have to do the job, and the team will need to tighten things up at the back and waste no chances if we're going to get through.

Green Fish
09-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Haven't seen any of the falkirk games v us this season, I did see them at raith a few weeks ago and they were pretty poor. We can take them. GG

Onion
09-03-2015, 07:37 AM

Semis are horribl, tense affairs for hardened supporters, not for girlfriends and face-painted kids you find at finals. So, expect a G&W Army of 15-18k to roar the boys on.

Agree, the 4-3 semi was a freak match. Falkirk might be out for revenge, but IMO how both teams get on in the Champ/POs will have a much bigger impact on this semi and the final than anything that's gone before. Suspensions, injuries and how the managers approach the games will be key. Stubbs is a decent manager who'll prepare the team properly and we have hungry, good quality players who'll relish the chance of getting to a final. I'm not nearly as worried about this semi-final as some on here. The final (if Celtic) will be a different matter :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
09-03-2015, 07:49 AM
Hate the arrogance of WE Will win.

We can win this, we could also lose it and it will depend not even on who plays best but who takes their chances, who gets the breaks, refereeing decisions etc etc

It is definitely a 50/50 chance of going through. We will have a great support and be confident we have a good manager and a team playing well(hopefully).

It will be a brilliant day out as ever and hopefully leads to an even better day

Onion
09-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Anyone know what our record in in SC semi-finals ? To get through 3 in succession would be an achievement.

09-03-2015, 08:04 AM
It's going to be a very tough game indeed, Falkirk know how to beat us as they have already done so this season so we are gonna have to be at our absolute best if we are going to beat them. It'll be a tight affair I reckon and as someone mentioned above, it'll be the team that takes their chances and gets the breaks that will decide it.

Hopefully we can take a huge support through to give the team the backing they deserve :flag:

PeeJay
09-03-2015, 08:09 AM
Fully understandable that HIbs fans want to go through, but It can go either way: it really is as simple as that.

Hibeewilly
09-03-2015, 08:10 AM
My theory is simple. The big park at Hampden suits good players and our 4 in midfield are as good as anything in Scotland for me. Lets just hope we keep them fit

EH54
09-03-2015, 08:11 AM
Going to be a tight and hard fought match but i would like to think we have that bit more quality to see it through in a semi final. going to be a massive game for us lets hope we can keep the good form of games going into this one. GGTTH!

Keith_M
09-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Given their record against us so far this season, I would have said that Falkirk were favourites for the game, however narrow it might be.

That doesn't mean that I'm feeling negative about it, just realistic. Falkirk Fans will be as delighted about the draw as most of us seem to be.

Mind, we have to beat them some time, so this would be as good a time as any :wink:

Heisenberg
09-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Falkirk will be without Baird and Kerr who were both key players in stopping them getting pumped in the 3-3 game this season. It'll be a close game, very tense as semi finals usually are. Hoping for a 3pm kick off but cant see it for TV reasons.

JimBHibees
09-03-2015, 09:01 AM
We are certainly due them and some of the nonsense Houston came out with after the 3-3 draw should be motivation enough. Basically think we are a better team however need to play well on the day.

Onion
09-03-2015, 06:02 PM
we have a better team than 2013 and better manager....

Williams Oxley
Clancy Gray/Watson
McGivern Stevenson
Hanlon Hanlon
McPake Fontaine
Claros Allan
Cairney (Doyle - 46' ) Fyvie
Robertson (Handling - 32' ) Robertson
Harris McGeogh
Thomson (Taiwo - 64' ) Cummings
Griffiths Malonga

IMO, the only players from 2013 that would improve our current side is Griffiths and maybe Doyle.

Ronniekirk
09-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Haven't seen any of the falkirk games v us this season, I did see them at raith a few weeks ago and they were pretty poor. We can take them. GG

Defence going to sleep and not reacting to a couple of balls into the box cost us the last time we played them at Easter Road So we can't just assume we are in the Final already and Houston is a cunning old fox so he will work on a game plan and know where we may be vulnerable for eg the Ox was a statue for some cross balls on Saturday , came for one and missed it completely and dropped another .
So concentration levels will need to improve ,but you would hope we will up our game for a Semi Final and that Stubbs and Backroom staff would have us equally prepared But we have a great chance to progress iif we do the right things and not be over elaborate .Malongas link up play and running at defenders on bigger open spaces could be well utilised but equally he will need to put in a shift and not just saunter around
Lewis should be made captain for the day and score keeping his record intact of us not losing a game when he has got on the scoresheet .

Aldo
09-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Defence going to sleep and not reacting to a couple of balls into the box cost us the last time we played them at Easter Road So we can't just assume we are in the Final already and Houston is a cunning old fox so he will work on a game plan and know where we may be vulnerable for eg the Ox was a statue for some cross balls on Saturday , came for one and missed it completely and dropped another . So concentration levels will need to improve ,but you would hope we will up our game for a Semi Final and that Stubbs and Backroom staff would have us equally prepared But we have a great chance to progress iif we do the right things and not be over elaborate .Malongas link up play and running at defenders on bigger open spaces could be well utilised but equally he will need to put in a shift and not just saunter around Lewis should be made captain for the day and score keeping his record intact of us not losing a game when he has got on the scoresheet .

Nice one Ronnie.

Btw I can think of a few names for Houston and it's not a cunning fox.

Complete and utter grade A yam roaster of the highest order.

;-)

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 06:44 PM
No need for the arrogance here. Saying we'll win this game has the potential for the old egg on face. Falkirk have just as good a chance as we do.

FranckSuzy
09-03-2015, 06:45 PM
we have a better team than 2013 and better manager....

Williams Oxley
Clancy Gray/Watson
McGivern Stevenson
Hanlon Hanlon
McPake Fontaine
Claros Allan
Cairney (Doyle - 46' ) Fyvie
Robertson (Handling - 32' ) Robertson
Harris McGeogh
Thomson (Taiwo - 64' ) Cummings
Griffiths Malonga

IMO, the only players from 2013 that would improve our current side is Griffiths and maybe Doyle.

Williams was a better keeper for us than Oxley is, IMHO :aok:

Stuarty27
09-03-2015, 06:50 PM
How we didn't beat them at Easter Road on the two occasions I'll never know.

We were really poor at the Falkirk stadium but it still took them til the last minute to beat us that day.

I fancy us a big time and fir once we will having winning momentum going into these ties and hopefully the final.

The momentum will be with us for both the cup final and the play offs.

FranckSuzy
09-03-2015, 06:55 PM
No need for the arrogance here. Saying we'll win this game has the potential for the old egg on face. Falkirk have just as good a chance as we do.

:rolleyes: I don't see anyone being arrogant, TBH. Folk are entitled to discuss the forthcoming game but would you rather everyone just posted, "no point in going, we'll get beat"? :na na:

weonlywon6-2
09-03-2015, 06:59 PM
My theory is simple. The big park at Hampden suits good players and our 4 in midfield are as good as anything in Scotland for me. Lets just hope we keep them fit

For me this is where the game will be won and lost

Mikey
09-03-2015, 07:00 PM

Is there anything you're not scared of?

B.H.F.C
09-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Difference between confidence and arrogance.

We are right to be confident. Despite the results against them I think we have better players. And I think the likes of Scott Allan will love the occasion.

Liam89
09-03-2015, 07:08 PM

Too true, every upcoming game he moans and cries how we need to stop this confidence as we'll probably be pumped. :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2015, 07:13 PM

so people aren't allowed to state they are confident without being labelled as arrogant :dunno:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-03-2015, 07:13 PM

Oh no Mr R, not again! :-)

Ronniekirk
09-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Nice one Ronnie.

Btw I can think of a few names for Houston and it's not a cunning fox.

Complete and utter grade A yam roaster of the highest order.

;-)
Now where have I heard that phrase beforec Utter Grade A Yam Roaster , must of been on one of your previous posts :wink: Ok for cunning fox read old manager who has been round the block a few times ,but experience has to count for something no matter who they are ,.cannae mind who his assisstant is .

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 07:20 PM

You! :wink:

Smartie
09-03-2015, 07:35 PM
It's all about mentality imo, on AND OFF the park.

It doesn't matter how many we take, it is how we back the team on the day. It's about not getting on their backs if we lose a goal, it's about backing the team and giving them encouragement if we are in front.

This will not be an easy game and will be decided by the narrowest of margins (as all of our games with Falkirk this season have). We have played very well for much of both of the home games, we were poor away (although a bit unlucky to lose). Our big, quiet and generally quite crap support has let us down at Hampden in the past (the Livi cup final for one) and since this could be decided by the narrowest of margins I think we - the fans - have a part to play.

I have questioned the temperament and mentality of Hibs teams in recent years but credit to Fenlon - he got us through 2 tough semis and into consecutive finals (for all they let us down when they got there). Poorer teams than this one have managed to overcome hurdles like this and for that reason I am going into the game confident.

Aldo
09-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Now where have I heard that phrase beforec Utter Grade A Yam Roaster , must of been on one of your previous posts :wink: Ok for cunning fox read old manager who has been round the block a few times ,but experience has to count for something no matter who they are ,.cannae mind who his assisstant is .

Ha ha. I must admit I MAY of used that phrase once or twice (maybe more) before in a post. ;-)

Yip an assistant with a point to prove (Jim McDonaugh).

We have to be confident IMHO and play like we can play using the big pitch to our advantage and take our chances.

They will be up for it and looking for revenge sort to speak.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2015, 08:00 PM
I think we'll win the semi because we're a better team than Falkirk.

Simple.

The league table doesn't lie. Falkirk have taken seven points from us this season out of a possible nine and still find themselves nine points behind us.

MB62
09-03-2015, 08:07 PM
IMO this game is about 55 - 45 in our favour, mainly due to the fact that we seem to be able to score more goals than the Bairns have been doing, we have goals in our team from all over the park.
One thing I will say about them is, they are MEGA fit, probably the fittest team in our league. I have watched them a few times now and they chase everything for 90 minutes. In the 3-3 draw against us, I thought it was their fitness that got them back in to the game, whilst they were still running for fun late in the game, we were struggling a bit. Watching them on T.V. against the Yams, the The rangers and in their 1/4 final against Q of S, they just never stopped and I'm not sure we will be able to match their energy for 90 mins.

However, as mentioned elsewhere, our three midfield players in Fyvie, Allan & McGoosh (sorry Dylan, I still find that funny) are the best in this league if not Scotland and I think the bigger park at Hampden will suit them, as it will our wing backs.

This will be far from being an easy game but we should be going in with full confidence and slight favourites.

lucky
10-03-2015, 12:05 AM
If we were offered the chance to play Falkirk in the semi final before the season started I doubt many would not take it. We should have hammered them at ER last time out. Boyle missed a sitter to make it 4-1. I just can't see up getting beat off them.

Onion
10-03-2015, 05:43 AM

It doesn't matter how many we take, it is how we back the team on the day. It's about not getting on their backs if we lose a goal, it's about backing the team and giving them encouragement if we are in front.

This will not be an easy game and will be decided by the narrowest of margins (as all of our games with Falkirk this season have). We have played very well for much of both of the home games, we were poor away (although a bit unlucky to lose). Our big, quiet and generally quite crap support has let us down at Hampden in the past (the Livi cup final for one) and since this could be decided by the narrowest of margins I think we - the fans - have a part to play.

I have questioned the temperament and mentality of Hibs teams in recent years but credit to Fenlon - he got us through 2 tough semis and into consecutive finals (for all they let us down when they got there). Poorer teams than this one have managed to overcome hurdles like this and for that reason I am going into the game confident.

Not sure where this is coming from. IMO Hibs fans have given the team decent support in semifinals over the years. Even in the last one, don't recall many getting on the players backs after the first goal, or the second or the 3rd :rolleyes: Those that couldn't stomach it just left at HT. What I do recall is the encouragement the players got throughout the second half. There is no way we would have won that match without the Hibs fans.

Livi final was horrible for lots of reasons and not really a good or typical example.

BT58
10-03-2015, 06:01 AM
AS will hopefully have the video of the game (3-3) at ER. The bairns will be given the respect they are entitled too, however we are a better team now. Were keeping clean sheets and scoring goals .....
GGTTH

superfurryhibby
10-03-2015, 06:55 AM
Not sure where this is coming from. IMO Hibs fans have given the team decent support in semifinals over the years. Even in the last one, don't recall many getting on the players backs after the first goal, or the second or the 3rd :rolleyes: Those that couldn't stomach it just left at HT. What I do recall is the encouragement the players got throughout the second half. There is no way we would have won that match without the Hibs fans.

Livi final was horrible for lots of reasons and not really a good or typical example.

Totally agree. Hibs at Hampden has been a mixed blessing over the past 15 years or so. I think we have had great backing and fans have turned out in decent numbers. The defiance of the last final remains as one of my proudest moments as a Hibs fan. We stayed and we out sang our opposition. That semi was unbelievable and took me to the limits of my tolerance and to the heights of footballing pleasure.

I think Hibs can be quietly confident of winning.

Ronniekirk
10-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Because. We Are The Hibees ,And We Do what We Want :agree::flag:

Spike Mandela
10-03-2015, 07:29 AM
I think we'll win the semi because we're a better team than Falkirk.

Simple.

The league table doesn't lie. Falkirk have taken seven points from us this season out of a possible nine and still find themselves nine points behind us.

Better get Raith in the final then as ICT, Utd and Celtic will beat us. simple.

League table doesn't lie. :wink::greengrin

All about attitude, form, fitness of players , form of other team, decisions, breaks and good old 'luck of the cup'.

Spike Mandela
10-03-2015, 07:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that outside Celtic and the old Rangers we have been in more Scottish cup semi finals than any other team.

Any stattos confirm this?

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2015, 07:42 AM
The defiance of the last final remains as one of my proudest moments as a Hibs fan. We stayed and we out sang our opposition.

We sang a few songs whilst on the end of a pumping, magic!

FranckSuzy
10-03-2015, 09:24 AM

You on the same (un)happy pills as HC? :greengrin

Gatecrasher
10-03-2015, 09:36 AM
I will be approaching this game with more caution as we are yet to beat Falkirk this season. I remember when we had Livi in the Cis final and everyone thought it was a done deal even though we hadn't beat them all that season either. Learn from history. There are some equally important games in the next couple of weeks anyway so I will be putting this game to the back of my mind until closer to the time.

Keith_M
10-03-2015, 09:36 AM

Maybe you should read what people actually wrote, as there's little in the way of 'arrogance'. Quite a number of posts have already said that they have as good a chance as we do.

On another note, do you never get tired of posting negative garbage on here? I can uderstand why you have the word 'Crab' in your username but really wish you would look up the meaning of the word 'Hermit' and maybe start acting it out.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Better get Raith in the final then as ICT, Utd and Celtic will beat us. simple.

League table doesn't lie. :wink::greengrin

All about attitude, form, fitness of players , form of other team, decisions, breaks and good old 'luck of the cup'.

We don't know where we rank in relation to those other teams though as they are in a different league.

I think it's fair to say that this current Hibs team would more than survive in the Premiership so who knows how we would do.

If Celtic play their best, they would beat us but I would be hopeful of beating Dundee Utd or Inverness in a one off game, if we played at our top level.

SlickShoes
10-03-2015, 09:59 AM

3 finals in 4 years would be ****ing great. :flag:

If we win this one it would be great, if not it will be as soul destroying as the last two. I don't buy into this "great day out" nonsense.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2015, 10:19 AM
We have better players, and a manager that knows what he's doing. There's 2 reasons why I think we should win.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 10:26 AM
I don't know how I feel about this one ... Falkirk are decent. I think its not so much that we drew them as it is we didn't draw Celtic, Dundee Utd or ICT .. no disrespect to Raith. They will feel the same.

We can beat them, but IMO we are slight favourites that's all.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2015, 10:38 AM
You on the same (un)happy pills as HC? :greengrin

Nah, I just had the below in mind.

If we win this one it would be great, if not it will be as soul destroying as the last two. I don't buy into this "great day out" nonsense.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 10:38 AM

That's about the only time I can remember the fans not giving the team good backing at Hampden, but of all the many times I've seen us there its one of the few times we have gone as favourites and once the bubble was burst folk just couldn't get themselves going.

In modern football its unlikely that a noisy support will put off the opposition .... but as I have heard many managers say, it gives your own players a lift which does affect the game.

Bad Martini
10-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Difference between confidence and arrogance.

We are right to be confident. Despite the results against them I think we have better players. And I think the likes of Scott Allan will love the occasion.

:agree:

Popularity is overrated. I'll stick it on the line; we ARE the better team. Our league position and results prove this. Irrespective of results against Falkirk, over the peace we have played the same number of games as them and racked up nine more points. Lucky? Dont think so. Thats the facts. We are, at this stage, a bit better than Falkirk. We should be able to say we are eons ahead of them; we cant. But we ARE better than Falkirk.

YES, we had a ****ty, slow start to this campaign and yes, we've fallen a few times. It hasn't been because we come up against Barca or Real or some other world beating giant team....it's been because WE have been pish. That, is the facts. On occassion, we deserved what we go which was precisely **** all. Which makes it all the more gauling; we could have avoided every single dropped point in one way or another. However, it happens and we need not revisit old ground for passing yam trolls to enjoy.

Lets stop dressing this up, looking for potential excuses if we loose and make tits of ourselves; it is in OUR hands. We have the players, the management and everything else needed to win this game. We have the facilities to prepare for it and we have the means to win it with what we have, right now. Not next seasons' squad, not the players of the past but right now...

All we need to do is have the balls to remember that. There IS a fine a line between confidence and arrogance. However, that wee pompus ejit from Fountainbridge who once delivered 2384274237 pints of milk to everyone in Edinburgh (whether they lived in the coogate or not put it best):
Losers whine about their best...winners **** the prom queen.

We CAN win this game. There is nothing stopping us but ourselves. YES, Falkirk are a good team relative to this league and relative to our current squad. We should show them that level of respect and be wary; arrogance is stupid. However, confidence should be prevelant and for good reason. If a footballer has any doubt as to their ability to win any given game, even if the odds are against you, go work elsewhere. Simple as that. The odds arent against us here. If we lose, it should not be from a lack of balls, from a fear of losing or from a fear of making mistakes....have the courage to remember we are a huge club who have suffered set backs....we'll never get back to being where we should be by having bottlers.

ENDOF

EH6 Hibby
10-03-2015, 12:41 PM

Popularity is overrated. I'll stick it on the line; we ARE the better team. Our league position and results prove this. Irrespective of results against Falkirk, over the peace we have played the same number of games as them and racked up nine more points. Lucky? Dont think so. Thats the facts. We are, at this stage, a bit better than Falkirk. We should be able to say we are eons ahead of them; we cant. But we ARE better than Falkirk.

YES, we had a ****ty, slow start to this campaign and yes, we've fallen a few times. It hasn't been because we come up against Barca or Real or some other world beating giant team....it's been because WE have been pish. That, is the facts. On occassion, we deserved what we go which was precisely **** all. Which makes it all the more gauling; we could have avoided every single dropped point in one way or another. However, it happens and we need not revisit old ground for passing yam trolls to enjoy.

Lets stop dressing this up, looking for potential excuses if we loose and make tits of ourselves; it is in OUR hands. We have the players, the management and everything else needed to win this game. We have the facilities to prepare for it and we have the means to win it with what we have, right now. Not next seasons' squad, not the players of the past but right now...

All we need to do is have the balls to remember that. There IS a fine a line between confidence and arrogance. However, that wee pompus ejit from Fountainbridge who once delivered 2384274237 pints of milk to everyone in Edinburgh (whether they lived in the coogate or not put it best):

We CAN win this game. There is nothing stopping us but ourselves. YES, Falkirk are a good team relative to this league and relative to our current squad. We should show them that level of respect and be wary; arrogance is stupid. However, confidence should be prevelant and for good reason. If a footballer has any doubt as to their ability to win any given game, even if the odds are against you, go work elsewhere. Simple as that. The odds arent against us here. If we lose, it should not be from a lack of balls, from a fear of losing or from a fear of making mistakes....have the courage to remember we are a huge club who have suffered set backs....we'll never get back to being where we should be by having bottlers.

ENDOF

:top marks

That should go on the door of the dressing room on the day!

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2015, 01:04 PM

ENDOF

Sounds about right. :thumbsup:

superfurryhibby
10-03-2015, 04:06 PM

You clearly weren't there or if you were then you lack the capacity to grasp what that mean't to have a support that has put up with loads of **** and still backed their team and outperformed the best fans in the world.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2015, 04:39 PM
You clearly weren't there or if you were then you lack the capacity to grasp what that mean't to have a support that has put up with loads of **** and still backed their team and outperformed the best fans in the world.

I was there, as for the rest of your patronising post, you can ram it.

Liam89
10-03-2015, 05:26 PM

Agreed. The atmosphere dried up when the team actually needed us at 1-0/2-0 it was only when it was 3-0 and the result was out of sight that we started outsinging Celtic fans. Everyone was standing up until the first goal then everyone around me sat down and me and my dad were told to sit down and that was that.

Pete
10-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Agreed. The atmosphere dried up when the team actually needed us at 1-0/2-0 it was only when it was 3-0 and the result was out of sight that we started outsinging Celtic fans. Everyone was standing up until the first goal then everyone around me sat down and me and my dad were told to sit down and that was that.

So we were quiet when we needed to be loud and loud when we should have been quiet.

The next time Brown and Stokes are unplayable we will now know, as a fan base, what to do to change things.

By the way superfurry hibby you are spot on.

Pete
10-03-2015, 05:41 PM

You've probably been in the mill too much listening to all these mutants going on about "winning the singing"

We done better than them that day and we'll do better again this time. They've not even cheered a goal since 2012.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Because they haven't faced Malonga this season

shetlandhibee
10-03-2015, 06:50 PM
who is ( in hibs team)one booking away from missing the final?did scott allen get booked in the berwick game?

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2015, 06:56 PM
who is ( in hibs team)one booking away from missing the final?did scott allen get booked in the berwick game?

I think the only card we've had in the cup this season was Malonga's red

Galahibby
10-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Because... it's our year! :aok:

shetlandhibee
10-03-2015, 07:06 PM
no bookings for any of our players in the SC

oops....malonga got a red v Alloa in the 4th round and missed the Arbroath game
wasent sure thats a great position to be going into a semi...:thumbsup:cheers

Gordy M
10-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Falkirk will be without Baird and Kerr who they signed in the transfer window....both cup tied im sure? Think the boy baird scored against us in the last game?

Hermit Crab
10-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Falkirk will be without Baird and Kerr who they signed in the transfer window....both cup tied im sure? Think the boy baird scored against us in the last game?

Yes he did. Little pain in the arse him. Sure he scored against us when he was at QOS as well? I may be wrong though. You're correct though, both cup tied and with that Loy going to dundee he won't be wanting injured before the end of the season either.

Hermit Crab
10-03-2015, 10:54 PM
You've probably been in the mill too much listening to all these mutants going on about "winning the singing"

We done better than them that day and we'll do better again this time. They've not even cheered a goal since 2012.

Im sure they will have cheered raiths 3 against us last season.

Bad Martini
11-03-2015, 12:58 PM
So we were quiet when we needed to be loud and loud when we should have been quiet.

The next time Brown and Stokes are unplayable we will now know, as a fan base, what to do to change things.

By the way superfurry hibby you are spot on.

I can see both sides...but lean towards the thinking that after being shocked twice (or at least, our expectations smashed to ****ing bits with a manky mob sledgehammer, seeing Leigh not at his best and slowly realising we were going home again, we all took a collective slap in the boat (metaphorically).

Then, we collectively decided **** it. We may be beaten but we're still better than these manky tramps. :greengrin

Then indulged in the only victory of the day...outsinging the wonderful best fans in the world/second to wear the green/shan copy of the real thing/imposting/thieving/player choring/strip nicking bassas.

They didnt even watch their team collect the medals.

Nae class. And not, Hibs class.

ALLEZ ALLEZ...