PDA

View Full Version : 25,000 to Hampden Semi..

GreenCastle
08-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Let's do it !

Stubbs and this team deserve our support - plus this will be a tough game and could be a major factor helping us get through to a money spinning final.

We have had some great Hampden crowds over the years and it would be great if we could fill our end for this one.

silverhibee
08-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Let's do it !

Stubbs and this team deserve our support - plus this will be a tough game and could be a major factor helping us get through to a money spinning final.

We have had some great Hampden crowds over the years and it would be great if we could fill our end for this one.

Are daytrippers invited for this trip to Hampden. :cb

GreenCastle
08-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Yes of course! You never know they may turn into diehards - however you classify a diehard ?!

Pete
08-03-2015, 10:38 PM
25 would be nice but 15,000 would be more realistic. It also depends on the day and kick off time.

davhibby
08-03-2015, 10:41 PM
I'd be disappointed if we couldn't at least match the 2013 semi which was 17,000

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Really hope we're on the Sat. A Sunday would drop our attendance significantly I think

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Are daytrippers invited for this trip to Hampden. :cb nice of you to lend some encouragement to the op.

Hibeesmad
08-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Hoping its a saturday game, it was last time so hopefully the same again

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 11:03 PM
I do get the feeling that it could be a Saturday. my reasoning being that we are classed as a wee club at the moment, in comparison to the likes of Celtic/Utd/Inverness/ if they beat Raith. :bandit:

Pete
08-03-2015, 11:10 PM
I do get the feeling that it could be a Saturday. my reasoning being that we are classed as a wee club at the moment, in comparison to the likes of Celtic/Utd/Inverness/ if they beat Raith. :bandit:

The other one probably will be Celtic or Utd v ICT, which will be the one that's more desirable for the television companies. Like yourself I'm hoping that they will want that game to be shown at midday on a Sunday as an appetiser to the all important blockbuster between Rotherham and Wigan...therefore leaving us alone.

Saying that, they might actually do their analysis and decide that our game has the potential to be a cracker. The last one certainly was. :hmmm:

SteveHFC
08-03-2015, 11:20 PM

:greengrin

silverhibee
08-03-2015, 11:20 PM
nice of you to lend some encouragement to the op.

:greengrin

Haymaker
08-03-2015, 11:21 PM

I hope we are allowed to the final at least!

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 11:23 PM
The other one probably will be Celtic or Utd v ICT, which will be the one that's more desirable for the television companies. Like yourself I'm hoping that they will want that game to be shown at midday on a Sunday as an appetiser to the all important blockbuster between Rotherham and Wigan...therefore leaving us alone.

Saying that, they might actually do their analysis and decide that our game has the potential to be a cracker. The last one certainly was. :hmmm: we can hope that their analysis is more of a premier league teams more acceptable to the uk public on a Sunday scenario Peter. a bit like 60 million, don't really care if 5 million don't want Westminster scenario

SteveHFC
08-03-2015, 11:30 PM
I hope we are allowed to the final at least!

Nope :greengrin

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 07:17 AM
Let's do it !

Our last two home crowds put together don't equal 25,000. We will be hard pushed to that to hampden.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2015, 07:21 AM
I'm hoping it's the Sunday as I'll be on a plane to Turkey on the 18th. :boo hoo:

MacBean
09-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Pretty sure Both were on TV last season so won't really matter

Pretty Boy
09-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Will those boycotting until Petrie goes turn up for a semi final and, dare I say it, a final?

This will be the acid test of their principles.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Will those boycotting until Petrie goes turn up for a semi final and, dare I say it, a final?

Maybe not the semi but you watch the scramble for tickets should we get to the final. There will be cries of "it's not fair" I can't get a ticket.

09-03-2015, 07:37 AM

:agree:

easty
09-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Hoping its a saturday game, it was last time so hopefully the same again

I hope it's the Sunday.

Onion
09-03-2015, 07:46 AM

Think you'll find most said they'd not return to Easter Road :cb Hampden's fine :greengrin

No chance of 25k Hibbies at the semi. Expect the usual 15-17k hardened soldiers. Girlfriends and the foreign legion will trot along to the Final.

EH6 Hibby
09-03-2015, 08:01 AM
Are we not automatically the Sunday game with being the second fixture drawn?

Keith_M
09-03-2015, 08:19 AM
I think you're getting a tad over excited (uderstandable, I suppose) if you think we could take 25,000 to a Semi Final.

There'll be the usual 15-18,000 there, I'd imagine.

Andy74
09-03-2015, 08:23 AM
15k max based on recent support I think. If barely more than 10k can be bothered turning up at home in a quarter final I can't see where the extra will come from.

Keith_M
09-03-2015, 08:27 AM
15k max based on recent support I think. If barely more than 10k can be bothered turning up at home in a quarter final I can't see where the extra will come from.

Have a look at the other runs we've had in the cup. The number we can take to a Semi-Final bares no relation to how many turn up for a home game earlier in the competition. For instance, two years ago we had less than 10,000 at home to Aberdeen, and that was when we were in the top league and they brought a big support. It didn't stop 17,000 Hibbies turning up for the SF.

Try to think of it as the difference in demand between the Chuckle Brothers and a Bruce Springsteen concert. :wink:

Golden Bear
09-03-2015, 08:49 AM
On the subject of attendances, yesterday's United v Celtic tie attracted 10,504 while we had 11,259 so we're not doing so bad after all.

Falling attendances is a general malaise throughout football but when it comes to the semi final stage then you can bet that the occasional supporters will turn out in force.

Not In The Know
09-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Last year both Semis Kicked off at 12.45. So prepare for another early start!

Mathias Jack
09-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Are we not automatically the Sunday game with being the second fixture drawn?

Na, looking at previous years, more often than not, the bigger tie tends to be on the Sunday.

Watch this, now i've said that, we'll be put on Sunday! :agree:

green&left
09-03-2015, 09:29 AM
On the subject of attendances, yesterday's United v Celtic tie attracted 10,504 while we had 11,259 so we're not doing so bad after all.

Falling attendances is a general malaise throughout football but when it comes to the semi final stage then you can bet that the occasional supporters will turn out in force.

Out of that there must've been at least 6000 Celtic fans aswell. 4500 Arabs compared to 10500 Hibbys. Not to shabby at all:aok:

essexhibee
09-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Shall be making the drive up for this one (glory hunter part-timers :greengrin) using my student loan for what the taxpayer would have wanted :aok::wink:

Cannae wait!!

Rasta_Hibs
09-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Went from having a season ticket last year to not going to a single game this year!

In saying that ill be gloy hunting at the semi for sure!! GGTTH!!!

CockneyRebel
09-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Have a look at the other runs we've had in the cup. The number we can take to a Semi-Final bares no relation to how many turn up for a home game earlier in the competition. For instance, two years ago we had less than 10,000 at home to Aberdeen, and that was when we were in the top league and they brought a big support. It didn't stop 17,000 Hibbies turning up for the SF.

Try to think of it as the difference in demand between the Chuckle Brothers and a Bruce Springsteen concert. :wink:

The Chuckles would obviously sell out but I think the Boss would sell quite a few.

MacBean
09-03-2015, 11:29 AM
according to bbc fixtures were the saturday game at 3pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2015, 11:34 AM
according to bbc fixtures were the saturday game at 3pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures

I wouldn't believe that website if it told me Hearts were cheating, financially corrupt paedophilles.

WeeRussell
09-03-2015, 11:39 AM
I would imagine it'll be a similar crowd to the last time we met them in the semi-final. Just a guess though.

:flag:

scoopyboy
09-03-2015, 11:59 AM

There are the other standard excuses for serial non-attenders;

1. The kick off time is just so wrong.

2. The tickets are over priced.

So if they can attend the semi at an early kick off time and pay the price does that mean they can now miraculously attend the Hearts and Rangers League matches????????????

Keith_M
09-03-2015, 12:12 PM
There are the other standard excuses for serial non-attenders;

1. The kick off time is just so wrong.

2. The tickets are over priced.

So if they can attend the semi at an early kick off time and pay the price does that mean they can now miraculously attend the Hearts and Rangers League matches????????????

I'm a serial non-attender but my excuse is

3. They inconsiderately build Easter Road 827 miles* from my house (*as the crow flies, or 1088 miles by road)

I attend as often as possible and it costs me a fortune, but try to get to as many Cup games as possible, including Semi finals. However, I'm not sure if that makes me a) a loyal, long-distance supporter or b) a part-time, glory hunting barsteward :wink:

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 12:14 PM

3. They inconsiderately build Easter Road 827 miles* from my house (*as the crow flies, or 1088 miles by road)

I attend as often as possible and it costs me a fortune, but try to get to as many Cup games as possible, including Semi finals. However, I'm not sure if that makes me a) a loyal, long-distance supporter or b) a part-time, glory hunting barsteward :wink:

The latter. :greengrin

scoopyboy
09-03-2015, 12:16 PM

Am I reading this correctly in that you were staying in your house before Hibs started playing at Easter Road? :cb

You are also a). fro the above choice of 2.

Keith_M
09-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Am I reading this correctly in that you were staying in your house before Hibs started playing at Easter Road? :cb

Fair enough, you got me. That would actually make me older than Johhnyboy :wink:

You are also a). fro the above choice of 2.

Thank you kind sir

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
09-03-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm a serial non attender these days, i'm now a glory hunter who thinks Petrie should GTF, and its too dear to watch Scottish football.

I also think the kick off times are daft and for what i was getting before i stopped going was nowhere near good enough for the inconvenience and cost.

I have been to one game this season, away to QOS, does it worry me if i'm ribbed for not going of course not. Will it worry me if i'm accused of being a part timer because i'm going to the Semi, of course not.

And if we get through, i will be going to the final and don't for one minute think i will feel guilty. :greengrin

Turkish Green
09-03-2015, 12:31 PM
If RP pulls his scam of: those that bought tickets for the SF get priority for tickets for the Final, then I will make sure I have tickets for the SF.

blackpoolhibs
09-03-2015, 12:34 PM
If RP pulls his scam of: those that bought tickets for the SF get priority for tickets for the Final, then I will make sure I have tickets for the SF.

Not possible, say we sold 30k, we'd not get that amount if we beat Falkirk against Dundee Utd or Celtic.

EH6 Hibby
09-03-2015, 12:42 PM

That gets mentioned every time we get to a Semi and it's been years since that actually happened. It will be the same as the last two Cup Finals, you will get one ticket if you a current season ticket holder, and an extra ticket if you renew.

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Not possible, say we sold 30k, we'd not get that amount if we beat Falkirk against Dundee Utd or Celtic.

Even a 'flaccid semi' scam from Petrie is unlikely to entice more than 22 k to Falkirk game, so paradoxically, it might work...

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 12:46 PM

If we get to the final it's likely to be season ticket holders only or worked on loyalty points. Those who have no loyalty points probably will miss out on a ticket.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 12:46 PM
That gets mentioned every time we get to a Semi and it's been years since that actually happened. It will be the same as the last two Cup Finals, you will get one ticket if you a current season ticket holder, and an extra ticket if you renew.

Defeats the the purpose of loyalty points system though.

iwasthere1972
09-03-2015, 12:47 PM

I better renew then as my glory hunting brother wouldn't mind a wee day to Hampden. :greengrin

silverhibee
09-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Is Rod shouting this to Leeann from his seat at the back.

EH6 Hibby
09-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Defeats the the purpose of loyalty points system though.

Not much can be done about that this season, the scheme has only just started so it was always going to take non season ticket holders time to build up points.

hibby6270
09-03-2015, 01:02 PM

Last time that happened was the 2001 Final. There were about 4 different application forms to choose from iirc depending on what your "previous attendance record" was.

Glad technology has moved things on nowadays and tickets go to those who are entitled to them as per the ticketing system.

Iggy Pope
09-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Na, looking at previous years, more often than not, the bigger tie tends to be on the Sunday.

Watch this, now i've said that, we'll be put on Sunday! :agree:

If United empty Celtic, the Hibs tie is the biggest, no question.

Onion
09-03-2015, 05:00 PM
If United empty Celtic, the Hibs tie is the biggest, no question.

Would also add an extra 5000 to the Hibs support for the Semi, and Final tickets will be like gold dust if we made it.

superfurryhibby
09-03-2015, 05:40 PM

Very good point!

FWIW, I'll be going to the semi and I'm sure there will be a decent crowd of my lapsed Hibee mates. A day out wi the lads and yet another Hampden appearance. This past 15 years have been some of the most productive in our history in terms of semi-final/final appearances.

Aldo
09-03-2015, 06:35 PM
A day out at Hamdump with yur mates is a crackin day out.

I would say that if that was the3pm KO time on the Sat then we would exceed 20K Hibs fans.

I was out with a non Hibs fan yesterday and the first thing he said to me was are you going to the SF and if so can you get me a ticket. The more the merrier IMHO.

I really hope it's a 3pm KO but expect it to be between 12 to 1245 and shown on the BBC on the Sat.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2015, 07:14 PM
I'm not going because I stupidly booked another trip without checking the semi dates. Will be at the final if we get there.

Billy Whizz
09-03-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm not going because I stupidly booked another trip without checking the semi dates. Will be at the final if we get there.

Be honest, you didn't think we'd get this far

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Be honest, you didn't think we'd get this far

Of course I did. :greengrin