PDA

View Full Version : IF we were to play Celtic in the final...

AL-Qaholik
08-03-2015, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't want to be Leigh Griffiths!
Obviously, he'd love to win the cup - but if HE was to score the goal(s) that stopped Hibs winning it...

YehButNoBut
08-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Imagine we are 1-0 up in the final against Celtic, they get the obligatory penalty with a few minutes to go & Leigh steps up to take it.

What does he do?

stevie-bee
08-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Will Dylan be allowed to play ?

marinello59
08-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Imagine we are 1-0 up in the final against Celtic, they get the obligatory penalty with a few minutes to go & Leigh steps up to take it.

What does he do?

Scores it and runs toward the lesser greens support kissing the badge? Or he sticks his underpants on his head and pencils up his nose.

Cameron1875
08-03-2015, 09:42 PM

What does he do?

He doesn't take it and Commons scores instead.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that though! :gwa:

Tinribs
08-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Scores it and runs toward the lesser greens support kissing the badge? Or he sticks his underpants on his head and pencils up his nose.

Think he also has to say 'Wibble' to prove his insanity :wink:

silverhibee
08-03-2015, 09:48 PM

What does he do?

Tries to score.

S4uzee
08-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Love Leigh but his constant bum sooking to them is a bit embarrassing

marinello59
08-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Think he also has to say 'Wibble' to prove his insanity :wink:

I don't think he has to do anything to prove he is bonkers. :greengrin

keep the faith
08-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Love Leigh but his constant bum sooking to them is a bit embarrassing

This. Trying to hard to please that lot.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2015, 10:03 PM
He's one of them and he will score.He left us a while back and wants to be loved by the dodgers, we've moved on.

Onceinawhile
08-03-2015, 10:05 PM

What does he do?

Puts it to the goalie's left. As he always does.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Puts it to the goalie's left. As he always does.

He changed directions last week. Knew he was going that way again today. If it had been along the deck or top corner it would have gone in. Perfect height for the keeper. That's two pens he's missed, both in the Scottish cup.

With regards to the final. Surely it would be great to be him? Win win. They win, he gets a massive bonus and he wins the treble. We win then he has the consolation that his boyhood team have finally won the cup.

Let's be under no illusions here, he would be desperate to win! He'd no doubt score as well

AlbertK86
08-03-2015, 10:18 PM
So if it next season Dylan McGeouch has signed for us and he is in the same position to score against his boyhood heroes what do we expect him to do.

Purple & Green
08-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Will Dylan be allowed to play ?

If not he'll have no qualms about taking a Red with five mins to go :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mca
08-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Have a feeling he will score the winner for them.. and become a media sensation about how he stopped his boyhood club winning the cup he so much wanted us to win as a child etc etc.. and his reply about only doing his job and sooking up the weegie attention.. :wink:

Stranraer
08-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Surely Leigh wouldn't take a penalty.. he certainly wouldn't celebrate if he did.

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 10:45 PM
he had a pish game against them, when we played them in the final a couple of years ago. He was alledgedly injured, so we could see that happening. he is a natural striker, but we have a bit more strength at the back than we had in previous recent finals. We still need to get into the final, and so does his current team.

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Have a feeling he will score the winner for them.. and become a media sensation about how he stopped his boyhood club winning the cup he so much wanted us to win as a child etc etc.. and his reply about only doing his job and sooking up the weegie attention.. :wink:Is this all after assuming that we are in the final, and opposing Celtic/ this thread has suddenly went a bit crazy, to say the least.

bigstu
08-03-2015, 11:10 PM
The real question is - if we played Celtic in the final then is there any chance we could beat them? Not sure I could see them losing a final.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2015, 11:21 PM

What does he do?

He does everything he can to put the ball in the net, just as he's paid to do.

You don't seriously think that he would deliberately miss do you?

Jamesie
08-03-2015, 11:22 PM
The real question is - if we played Celtic in the final then is there any chance we could beat them? Not sure I could see them losing a final.

Kilmarnock showed it can be done, and against a stronger Celtic side than this one.

greenlex
08-03-2015, 11:39 PM
We will be doing well to get past Falkirk.

Hibeesmad
08-03-2015, 11:51 PM
Falkirk is not going to be easy, they are going to be raring to go but on paper we should beat them and as long as we turn up on the day and take our chances I can see us running away victorious. As for Celtic, I believe that this is the weakest they have been in years, the last time we played them in the final they had the likes of Hooper, Ledley and Forster who have all gone elsewhere. Dundee United and St Johnstone have both gave them a good game and proved that if your defence are on point and you get in with a first goal there is a high possibility of taking something from the game.

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 11:57 PM
The real question is - if we played Celtic in the final then is there any chance we could beat them? Not sure I could see them losing a final.nae chance, we dinnae win finals. don't go, if we get there, you will just depress yersel. hopefully that answered your real question.

silverhibee
09-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Is this all after assuming that we are in the final, and opposing Celtic/ this thread has suddenly went a bit crazy, to say the least.

I would rather we just concentrate on our next game.

Deansy
09-03-2015, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't want to be Leigh Griffiths!
Obviously, he'd love to win the cup - but if HE was to score the goal(s) that stopped Hibs winning it...

He'd get the same 'Hero' status from the Jambos that we give (Sir) Albert Kidd !!

AgentDaleCooper
09-03-2015, 12:33 AM
...and leigh scores the winner :paranoid:

fatbloke
09-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Story in Daily ****** on 28th May will read - Mystery injury forces Celtic striker Griffiths to miss cup final - well as a player anyway:wink:

SteveHFC
09-03-2015, 12:39 AM
...and leigh scores the winner :paranoid:

Hopefully someone injuries him before then :duck::greengrin

HibsNutter
09-03-2015, 12:44 AM
Not bothered about him anymore, as mentioned on another thread he's sucked up to their fans a bit too much for my liking. It's cringeworthy and I can't be bothered with that. Kissing the badge and all sorts after claiming he only wanted to play for Hibs, bull****. If he did he wouldn't have signed a new contract after going back down to Wolves.

snooky
09-03-2015, 12:48 AM
o.g.? :greengrin

Ryan69
09-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Not bothered about him anymore, as mentioned on another thread he's sucked up to their fans a bit too much for my liking. It's cringeworthy and I can't be bothered with that. Kissing the badg and all sorts after claiming he only wanted to play for Hibs, bull****. If he did he wouldn't have signed a new contract after going back down to Wolves.

Completely agree! Sold his soul to the devil!

IF he was such a big Hibs fan....he wouldn't of went back to Wolves(I'm certain an agreement could of been reached! He knew at end of Scottish cup final though!)

If he loved Hibs so much...he would of scored 30 goals next season,moved to lower end EPl,Italian,Spanish....somewhere. Maybe had ambition! Instead of going back for what?
HE COULD OF LIVED A DREAM....
He didn't realise...then sucks these soap dodging pico di merdas!

don't like him anymore....Not a Hibee anymore!

Pete
09-03-2015, 01:59 AM
I prefer this thread about Leigh Griffiths and a potential meeting in the final to the other thread about Leigh Griffiths and a potential meeting in the final. Nothing personal.

Anyway, man in "showing enthusiasm towards his employers who pay him five figures a week " shocker.:greengrin

To say he therefore doesn't still love hibs is silly.

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2015, 02:50 AM

IF he was such a big Hibs fan....he wouldn't of went back to Wolves(I'm certain an agreement could of been reached! He knew at end of Scottish cup final though!)

If he loved Hibs so much...he would of scored 30 goals next season,moved to lower end EPl,Italian,Spanish....somewhere. Maybe had ambition! Instead of going back for what?

ofgs

you really have to question anyone who knocks back 1.5k/week for a miserable 7k/week...it's crazy..eh, i mean it would be much easier to feed his 35 kids on 1.5k/week than a miserly 7k/week, have i got my sums right :confused:

.Sean.
09-03-2015, 03:22 AM
Not bothered about him anymore, as mentioned on another thread he's sucked up to their fans a bit too much for my liking. It's cringeworthy and I can't be bothered with that. Kissing the badge and all sorts after claiming he only wanted to play for Hibs, bull****. If he did he wouldn't have signed a new contract after going back down to Wolves.
Absolutely. It's embarrassing how much he's sucking up to them in the hope of being accepted as 'wan eh them'.. Take Riordan for instance, he never felt the need to hoor himself out for attention from the Celtic dregs but then again Leigh Griffiths will never, ever be in the class of Derek Riordan.

Great player for us but we're due him nothing, he's due us nothing and we should forget about him. He won't be back any time soon and he'll no be bothered his arse about scoring the winner against Hibs in a cup final as he's employed by Celtic and he's desperate to be accepted.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-03-2015, 04:25 AM

Must try harder...

hibbymick
09-03-2015, 06:27 AM
I will just never understood why he dressed his kids up in Celtic tops when he moved, it's simple to say no to any journalist who asked for that picture.

Spike Mandela
09-03-2015, 06:34 AM

FFS would've, could've, should've.:brickwall:boo hoo:

3pm
09-03-2015, 07:00 AM
Did he put his hand up to apologise to them when he missed the pen?!

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 07:04 AM
FFS would've, could've, should've.:brickwall:boo hoo:

:agree:

Alex Trager
09-03-2015, 07:21 AM
Did he put his hand up to apologise to them when he missed the pen?!

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
09-03-2015, 07:29 AM
We have a game on Wednesday so one game at a time IMHO. Every game between now and end of season is like its own Cup Final.

One game at a time for me. I know this it won't be easy against Falkirk. We are defo due a rub of the green against them though.

Hibernian Verse
09-03-2015, 08:02 AM
I will just never understood why he dressed his kids up in Celtic tops when he moved, it's simple to say no to any journalist who asked for that picture.

"Griffiths won't dress his kids in Celtic top, can't leave Hibs behind. Is the end before he's even kicked a ball?"

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 08:04 AM
"Griffiths won't dress his kids in Celtic top, can't leave Hibs behind. Is the end before he's even kicked a ball?"

A green tshirt would've done.

Rooney never dresses his kids in Man U strips (they put the red England strip on) and if anything gets more respect because of it.

Scottie
09-03-2015, 08:04 AM
What u talking about ?

He's already done it !

HibbyAndy
09-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Absolutely. It's embarrassing how much he's sucking up to them in the hope of being accepted as 'wan eh them'.. Take Riordan for instance, he never felt the need to hoor himself out for attention from the Celtic dregs but then again Leigh Griffiths will never, ever be in the class of Derek Riordan.

Great player for us but we're due him nothing, he's due us nothing and we should forget about him. He won't be back any time soon and he'll no be bothered his arse about scoring the winner against Hibs in a cup final as he's employed by Celtic and he's desperate to be accepted.

Will never be.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2015, 11:42 PM
Will we get Europe? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
09-03-2015, 11:50 PM
A green tshirt would've done.

Rooney never dresses his kids in Man U strips (they put the red England strip on) and if anything gets more respect because of it.

Makes older ladies put them on instead, sources tell me.

SteveHFC
09-03-2015, 11:51 PM

They've changed the rules bud. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
10-03-2015, 12:14 AM

Yes.

hfc rd
10-03-2015, 12:23 AM

What does he do?

He will look to score it. He's playing in a final and will want to win it.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 01:07 AM
FFS Lets try and get past the semi first ... threads like this are fine, but if anybody thinks we are going to turn up and steamroller Falkirk they are getting way ahead of themselves.

Just for arguments sake lets say we do make the final. LG will be the least of our worries. We have played one Premiership team this year, and well as we did we struggled to contain them at times, on top of that both Berwick and Arbroath made chances against us. Our defence as a unit will not have faced anything close to Celtic's firepower from midfield and up front, if it is them. Even Dundee Utd or ICT will be a handful up front compared to what we face week to week. I'm not worried about LG I'm worried about everybody.

lord bunberry
10-03-2015, 07:13 AM
He does everything he can to put the ball in the net, just as he's paid to do.

You don't seriously think that he would deliberately miss do you?
:agree: He's a Celtic player now and he'll want to win it

Ronniekirk
10-03-2015, 07:37 AM
:agree: He's a Celtic player now and he'll want to win it
Yep he is a Professional Footballer and paid to do his job .But he is a Hibs supporter and if ihibs make The Final and Celtic don't he will be there cheering on his Team .He is human and while he would enjoy winning his first Scottish Cup Medal am sure in any post Match Interview he would say I'd rather it hadn't been against Hibs ,and go on to say he hopes we win it sometime soon .
That's what I think , unless he is told not to of course .

cabbageandribs1875
10-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Yep he is a Professional Footballer and paid to do his job .But he is a Hibs supporter and if ihibs make The Final and Celtic don't he will be there cheering on his Team .He is human and while he would enjoy winning his first Scottish Cup Medal am sure in any post Match Interview he would say I'd rather it hadn't been against Hibs ,and go on to say he hopes we win it sometime soon .
That's what I think , unless he is told not to of course .

a select few on here wont be chuffed if he does that ...they don't want 'daytrippers' infact, some posters on here are convinced he's now an out and out sellick fan....yep seriously

Just Alf
10-03-2015, 09:41 AM
FFS Lets try and get past the semi first ... threads like this are fine, but if anybody thinks we are going to turn up and steamroller Falkirk they are getting way ahead of themselves.

Just for arguments sake lets say we do make the final. LG will be the least of our worries. We have played one Premiership team this year, and well as we did we struggled to contain them at times, on top of that both Berwick and Arbroath made chances against us. Our defence as a unit will not have faced anything close to Celtic's firepower from midfield and up front, if it is them. Even Dundee Utd or ICT will be a handful up front compared to what we face week to week. I'm not worried about LG I'm worried about everybody.

:top marks

Bad Martini
10-03-2015, 12:22 PM
If you're not with us, you're against us.

Dont give a **** about off the field shennanigans of Griffiths. He doesnt play for us. If he comes up against us, like ANY other ex-Hibs player, he is the footballing enemy. I therefore hope he gets that afforementioned penalty and misses it by 20 yards...

In regards any celebrations, I would hope not. I dont recall any such glee from Riordan when we played celtc.....

Anyways, too much focus on the second to wear the green. They're nae certainties for the final as it is....:aok:

Would be quite amusing if they dont make the final. And then it'll be our yea....err, stop that **** :na na::greengrin

Hermit Crab
10-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Anyone one thinks griffiths would deliberately miss a penalty or an easy chance in a cup final against Hibs is very much mistaken.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 12:50 PM
If you're not with us, you're against us.

Dont give a **** about off the field shennanigans of Griffiths. He doesnt play for us. If he comes up against us, like ANY other ex-Hibs player, he is the footballing enemy. I therefore hope he gets that afforementioned penalty and misses it by 20 yards...

In regards any celebrations, I would hope not. I dont recall any such glee from Riordan when we played celtc.....

Anyways, too much focus on the second to wear the green. They're nae certainties for the final as it is....:aok:

Would be quite amusing if they dont make the final. And then it'll be our yea....err, stop that **** :na na::greengrin

This: If it comes to it, on the day he will just be another smelly lesser Green and will get every bit of abuse that goes with it. :gwa:

The Green Goblin
10-03-2015, 12:51 PM
He's one of them and he will score.He left us a while back and wants to be loved by the dodgers, we've moved on.

Agree with this. Griffiths is a Celtic player.

The Green Goblin
10-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Totally - how have our results against Falkirk gone this year again? We are looking good but there's a few people jumping the gun a bit.

California-Hibs
10-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Of course it would hurt, but let's be honest, he's being paid to be a professional and there's no chance he's deliberatly miss.

However, where I would have a massive problem with him, is if he scores and celebrates over the top. He'd instantly turn to muck in my opinion and my opinion of him would dramatically change.

dangermouse
10-03-2015, 03:01 PM

A Pedant writes, we have actually played two and neither beat us over ninety minutes :greengrin Keep the Faith.

Hibernia&Alba
10-03-2015, 10:07 PM
I've come to realise it's best not to think about the SC final as a Hibs fan. Not to get my hopes up and to distract myself as soon as I find my thoughts dwelling upon it. If we win the semi, I will do what I can to avoid thinking about the final until the day of the game.

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2015, 12:21 AM
A Pedant writes, we have actually played two and neither beat us over ninety minutes :greengrin Keep the Faith.

Ah ... forgot Ross County :greengrin ........ seems like a million years ago :confused:

hibeedonald
11-03-2015, 12:24 AM
More importantly... A final against Celtic would see us get Europe!