PDA

View Full Version : Semi-final display

08-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Ok so we are back at hampden once again and no doubt will take a big support through to Glasgow. I know 2 years ago when we were at hampden and the year before that as well we had sect 43 and they organised fantastic crowd displays. Any chance of getting something organised again? The one at the celtic cup final in particular was fantastic.

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2015, 04:32 PM
No need for silly displays just turn up in numbers sing and support the team.

lyonhibs
08-03-2015, 04:33 PM
No need for silly displays just turn up in numbers sing and supoort the team.

This. Choreographed card displays have had their day. 25,000 singing Hibbies is as magnificent a sight as there is in football

GreenArmyyy!
08-03-2015, 04:40 PM
I am all for the displays, they look fantastic and definitely add to the occasion.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Agreed! Happy to chip in again.

hibee_nation
08-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Save it for the final.

GreenCastle
08-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Let's get 25,000 to this semi final - this team deserves it !

Mikey
08-03-2015, 05:02 PM
The last time we had a display was at the final against Celtic and the TV cameras were only interested in showing what was going on in the Celtic end. Ours went almost unnoticed.

08-03-2015, 05:03 PM
As long as we take a big support, make plenty noise and get 100% behind the team from the off :flag:

We always create a brilliant atmostphere at hampden

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2015, 05:10 PM
well i think we should do something totally different for the Semi final display, let's all go bare-chested(inc the wummin) :everythin

Centre Hawf
08-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Lets get 25 thousand Hibs Fans at Hampden. As many as we can get and produce a fantastic display to go with it. This team really is worth the price of admission and worth giving your support to.

:flag::flag::flag:

08-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Lets get 25 thousand Hibs Fans at Hampden. As many as we can get and produce a fantastic display to go with it. This team really is worth the price of admission and worth giving your support to.

This. Stubbs and the team deserve a big, loud support :flag:

HibbyAndy
08-03-2015, 05:23 PM

That would be my intention but there are a few on here that only want the diehards at the game, No 'daytrippers' i'm sure they call us.

ALF TUPPER
08-03-2015, 05:27 PM
well i think we should do something totally different for the Semi final display, let's all go bare-chested(inc the wummin) :everythin

The Wimmin too ?? Might be a good idea!

If it's cold it will keep their knees warm 😳

Pretty Boy
08-03-2015, 05:28 PM
No need for silly displays just turn up in numbers sing and support the team.

Spot On.

Supported the displays when they happened but not sure I get them. Who are they for? The fans by obscuring thousands of them from seeing their team from taking the field in a semi or final? The atmospehere? How? In what way does it improve atmosphere? Or the TV? Again, why? We're not performing seals at their call when they fancy.

Juat get the fans at the game and create an atmosphere. Hopefully it will encourage a few to get along to ER for the crucial league games in the run in as well.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2015, 05:30 PM
That would be my intention but there are a few on here that only want the diehards at the game, No 'daytrippers' i'm sure they call us.

:tee hee: Might even run a bus full of these types for the semi from Lancashire? :greengrin

Springbank
08-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Spot On.

Supported the displays when they happened but not sure I get them. Who are they for? The fans by obscuring thousands of them from seeing their team from taking the field in a semi or final? The atmospehere? How? In what way does it improve atmosphere? Or the TV? Again, why? We're not performing seals at their call when they fancy.

Juat get the fans at the game and create an atmosphere. Hopefully it will encourage a few to get along to ER for the crucial league games in the run in as well.

They are a visible show of unity & strength from the fans to the xi most important people in the club's history - the players! The players who could become immortalised by winning you know what...

Pretty Boy
08-03-2015, 05:43 PM
They are a visible show of unity & strength from the fans to the xi most important people in the club's history - the players! The players who could become immortalised by winning you know what...

The visual show of unity and strength didn't do much good in the last 2 finals.....

Ultimately if the players and manager are good enough we'll win regardless of what the fans do, if they're not we wont again regardless of the fans.

Aldo
08-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Just need to get a couple of tickets now.

Centre Hawf
08-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Spot On.

Just get the fans at the game and create an atmosphere. Hopefully it will encourage a few to get along to ER for the crucial league games in the run in as well.

Why not both? It's about 60 to 90 seconds out of the day to hold up a card or wave a flag. But for those 60-90 seconds it looks amazing and like folk say it shows unity and support to the players when they first come out. Some of our players have never come out to something like that and may never again.

Cameron1875
08-03-2015, 05:53 PM
The last time we had a display was at the final against Celtic and the TV cameras were only interested in showing what was going on in the Celtic end. Ours went almost unnoticed.

We started that final very well and the players seemed really fired up. Not saying that was just cause of the display but it may have made a slight positive difference.

Then Celtic scored a spawny goal and that was it.

Keith_M
08-03-2015, 05:55 PM
I prefer seeing as many people waving Flags as possible. I always think that looks good.

FranckSuzy
08-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Whether you are for or against the ideas of organised displays, to call them "silly" is a wee bit OTT, in my opinion. I do actually like them but feel they've had their day, so to speak. I'd rather see the team running out and generate an atmosphere that way, rather than have my view obscured by a piece of card, etc.

Also, displays are only enjoyable for those watching at home... When you're actually there, supporting the team you don't see the impact.

Anyway, :top marks to everyone involved for their past efforts, which I have contributed to :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2015, 06:01 PM
flags over cards each and every time....cards are soooooo last years fashion

The_Exile
08-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Maybe we should all twirl our scarfs instead? :greengrin

I'm not too fussy about the displays, although they did look fantastic on the tellybox when I watched the games back. If there's a bit of card on my seat I'll happily hold it up :agree:

Glorious St Pat
08-03-2015, 06:06 PM
For those that have not been to see the revolution this season.,,.get your arse along!!!!

Glorious St Pat
08-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Just get your arse along....forever and ever we'll flow the bhoys....

Glorious St Pat
08-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Follow the bhoys

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2015, 06:10 PM
oh oh

kaimendhibs
08-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Are foam hands and green and white curly wigs allowed? Surely jesters hats are a given

Glorious St Pat
08-03-2015, 06:11 PM
It my opinion, it's not going to happen....just get your arse along. Sing your heart out.

Saturday Boy
08-03-2015, 06:14 PM
There must be some way we can combine loyalty points with the display? At the very least, it would help us 155+ fans see where the day trippers were sitting:wink:

CapitalGreen
08-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Just get your arse along....forever and ever we'll flow the bhoys....

*boys

Pete
08-03-2015, 06:16 PM
They only really work when the stands are totally full and they certainly won't be.

Been there, done that and we should just get along en masse and have a good old fashioned bounce. With a drum.

Sweep
08-03-2015, 06:18 PM
How about green/white streamers for everyone. Like these Portland Timbers ones.

http://bombasticsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/soccertickets.jpg

Pretty Boy
08-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Follow the bhoys

I'll be there following the Hibees.

The Bhoys will be playing a different day so you can do both if you like.

FranckSuzy
08-03-2015, 06:26 PM
20 pager

Glorious St Pat
08-03-2015, 06:33 PM
*boys

And if you know your history....the originals!

Glorious St Pat
08-03-2015, 06:34 PM
I'll be there following the Hibees.

The Bhoys will be playing a different day so you can do both if you like.

And if you know your history.....the originals and the best!

Pretty Boy
08-03-2015, 06:36 PM

I'm more than aware Hibs were once referred to as the bhoys amongst other things.

Unsure when it was last in common usage though. Living in the past is what you enjoy though so bash on.

And I'm out for the night because we've been here several times before.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2015, 06:48 PM

Like that. :-)

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2015, 06:55 PM

Whe khnow mhate .... bhut nhow ihs nhot thhe thime tho shtart bhringing thhis shtuff uhp ahgain. Lhets jhust bhe hhappy tho shupport the Hhibs.

Saturday Boy
08-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Whe khnow mhate .... bhut nhow ihs nhot thhe thime tho shtart bhringing thhis shtuff uhp ahgain. Lhets jhust bhe hhappy tho shupport the Hhibs.

That's the first time I've read anything posted through an effect pedal. Reverb, I suspect. :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2015, 06:57 PM

Like that :agree:

Streamers, bog roll, balloons, flags ... the whole 9 yards :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2015, 06:58 PM
That's the first time I've read anything posted through an effect pedal. Reverb, I suspect. :thumbsup:

:greengrin

Sweep
08-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Like that. :-)

They are only 98p each here.

http://www.partyrama.co.uk/party-accessories/streamers/green-crepe-streamers-81-foot-length/?gclid=CP7hlLTHmcQCFUvLtAodlEsAaw#fo_c=488&fo_k=79f19867a9575e7ac09804042d9a2d06&fo_s=gplauk

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Nae flags on sticks ta, just a win on the park would do. Even though we sang a few songs whilst getting pumped is pish!

ALF TUPPER
08-03-2015, 08:04 PM
*boys

Indeed 👍

ALF TUPPER
08-03-2015, 08:05 PM

😂 Hahahaha 👍

Carheenlea
08-03-2015, 08:13 PM
The previous displays have been excellent, but like others, I feel the concept of a card display a wee bit old hat now.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Green and White version of this?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AeGU7SW4rU0

O'Rourke3
08-03-2015, 08:36 PM
If we all bought iPads we could compete with the opening of the London Olympics.... Just need wireless

Swedish hibee
08-03-2015, 08:46 PM

:aok:

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm more than aware Hibs were once referred to as the bhoys amongst other things.

Unsure when it was last in common usage though. Living in the past is what you enjoy though so bash on.

And I'm out for the night because we've been here several times before.awe fur the love o . several suggestions from Hibs fans, to try and illuminate our semi-final cup tie, and in some way assist our favourite team ,and encourage them to victory against their rivals is frowned apon as so last year, so silly, or downright nonsense. Anything that can give us a boost, (or the team) is fine by me. we all want to see Hibernian fans taking up every seat that is available to us, that's a given. lets hope we can get that side of things done, bring yer Ma, yer dug etc but don't take the piss out of people that want to brighten things up if they happen to wear a silly wig:rolleyes:

monktonharp
08-03-2015, 10:17 PM
The previous displays have been excellent, but like others, I feel the concept of a card display a wee bit old hat now.
oh, you do, do you?

Bostonhibby
09-03-2015, 07:35 AM
If we all bought iPads we could compete with the opening of the London Olympics.... Just need wireless
[emoji1] And for those of a different generation who don't have one it will be acceptable to bring their telly or stereogram along.

Keith_M
09-03-2015, 08:51 AM

[emoji1] And for those of a different generation who don't have one it will be acceptable to bring their telly or stereogram along.

Can I bring this with me?

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2015, 09:12 AM
http://www.hibernianclubstore.co.uk/content/images/thumbs/0001206_jester-hat_407.jpeg

£4.90 in the club shop for anyone interested :LOL:

Carheenlea
09-03-2015, 09:49 AM
oh, you do, do you?

I do. What's your problem with that?

Bostonhibby
09-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Can I bring this with me?

:greengrin:confused:A giant trumpet? Looks a bit yammish to me.

Will let the display committee decided on this one! :greengrin

tamig
09-03-2015, 11:09 AM
I do. What's your problem with that?

It was a bit of a strange response. You were only saying the same as other folk on the thread too. I also think card displays have had their day for monktons benefit.

Bostonhibby
09-03-2015, 11:15 AM
20 phager

Fixed it for you - do keep up :na na:

FranckSuzy
09-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Fixed it for you - do keep up :na na:

Had to google that :tee hee:

Bostonhibby
09-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Had to google that :tee hee:

I just did as well - bit deep for me really, I was just chucking random "H"s about like a few others. :greengrin

Might see you in the club before the yam game? I am getting in before the semi and final to avoid the glory hunter tag :greengrin

RIP
09-03-2015, 11:32 AM
If we want colour on the terracing let's go old school!

A sea of green where everone wears club colours out of respect for the team performances this season. If you are not into replica shirts you can wear a green jacket, T-shirt, sweater or leisure top. Sunshine on Leith with scarves aloft will give us a huge wall of green and white.

Bostonhibby
09-03-2015, 11:36 AM

A sea of green where everone wears club colours out of respect for the team performances this season. If you are not into replica shirts you can wear a green jacket, T-shirt, sweater or leisure top. Sunshine on Leith with scarves aloft will give us a huge wall of green and white.

:agree::thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
09-03-2015, 12:00 PM
I just did as well - bit deep for me really, I was just chucking random "H"s about like a few others. :greengrin

Might see you in the club before the yam game? I am getting in before the semi and final to avoid the glory hunter tag :greengrin

:aok:

:pray:

EH54
09-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Everyone just needs to wear Hibs colors and bring a Scarf :thumbsup: no big need for a display keep it for the final if we make it. although it really doesn't bother me either way.

EH54
09-03-2015, 12:09 PM

Just noticed this after my post.. :thumbsup: my thoughts exactly

Hibdan12
09-03-2015, 12:44 PM

This. we should do what the Monaco fans done at the emirates

givescotlandfreedom
09-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Are foam hands and green and white curly wigs allowed? Surely jesters hats are a given

Definitely! 2012 Scottish Cup final and TBGAWA Hibs scarves are a must too!

Chuck Rhoades
10-03-2015, 06:02 AM
Nothing is being arranged for this one. Keeping anything for the final, should we get there.

Just up to everyone to dig out any old flags/scarves they have and bring them along with their vocal support.

Andy74
10-03-2015, 08:23 AM
It was a bit of a strange response. You were only saying the same as other folk on the thread too. I also think card displays have had their day for monktons benefit.

Agree. It's costly too isn't it and folk think going is expensive enough?

Corstorphine Hibby
10-03-2015, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;4320916]I just did as well - bit deep for me really, I was just chucking random "H"s about like a few others. :greengrin

On the subject of random "H"s, here's a classic from Family Guy...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmqJQ-nc_s

kaimendhibs
10-03-2015, 08:41 AM
Definitely! 2012 Scottish Cup final and TBGAWA Hibs scarves are a must too!

😂😂😂

Bostonhibby
10-03-2015, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;4320916]I just did as well - bit deep for me really, I was just chucking random "H"s about like a few others. :greengrin

On the subject of random "H"s, here's a classic from Family Guy...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmqJQ-nc_s
Favourite programme and really good of them to give jumbo jeffries the Peter body double job.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 12:47 PM

This for me too. I just cant understand why folk go to cup semis or finals and don't wear at least something in the clubs colours, even if its a T shirt or a scarf.

southern hibby
10-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Some of our players have never come out to something like that and may never again.

Exactly why we should do this. Imagine the players getting told from Stubbs. Look at what the Hibs fans have done for you the players and it's only the Semi, imagine what they would do if you get to the final. I believe as fans we should be doing everything we can to help get our team to the final.
Or ( God forbid ) we don't get to the final Stubb's saying to the players let's win this play off for the fan's who turned up in their thousands to see you's play., at the Semi's.

So I'll start it off by pledging £50 if whoevers going to organise it, will PM me with payment details.

GGTTH

Boyle89
10-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Are the pandas going to be there? I loved them last time.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 01:05 PM

Actually ...Forget the balloon part, smacks a wee bit of minnows getting a big game at Anfield in the English cup. Anything else goes though :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Are the pandas going to be there? I loved them last time.

Pandas are so last year mate. Hibee Honey Badgers or Hibby Hedgehogs are where its at :greengrin

10-03-2015, 02:59 PM

This :top marks

Hampden is a wonderful sign when theres a sea of hibees.

Canongatehibs
10-03-2015, 08:07 PM
And if you know your history....the originals!

spot on bud.

manys on here don't seem to know.

Jack
10-03-2015, 08:40 PM
If half of us bought a Nigeria National Flag, 5ft x 3ft, for 2 or 3 quid a pop off Amazon and a stick we could wave them at the start, each time we scored and to celebrate the win.

If the other half want to get them that's fine too!

weonlywon6-2
10-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Why don't we just try and get as much green as possible, flags, tops, etc etc......... oh and make a lot of noise

Northernhibee
10-03-2015, 08:57 PM
This time I want our spectacular display to be on the pitch.

CraigHibee
10-03-2015, 09:22 PM

and ours was the better of the 2!

Thecat23
10-03-2015, 09:42 PM
oh, you do, do you?

Have to agree with the other poster. Card displays and all that ***** have been done. Let's just turn up make as much noise as possible and for once win the damn thing.

PerfectlyFranck
10-03-2015, 10:02 PM
and ours was the better of the 2!

I wouldn't say that. We had more cards, but they copied our semi-final display and improved the quality.
Ours just didn't come off, like our performance on the pitch. I didn't like the black either, it looked like 20,000 'ultras' rather than Hibs fans.
I was originally for the displays, but they didn't seem to work out entirely well. Also, the designs weren't the best.

I think the 2004 League Cup final was a great example of people simply dressing in as much green & white as possible.
That didn't work for the players either, so perhaps we should just concentrate on displaying Hibs songs! :wink:

Nakedmanoncrack
10-03-2015, 10:21 PM
How about a flares/pyro display?:offski:

Northern Hibby
10-03-2015, 11:06 PM

Double sided cards to mimic a Hibs net flag waving smiley ☺

RIP
11-03-2015, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't say that. We had more cards, but they copied our semi-final display and improved the quality.
Ours just didn't come off, like our performance on the pitch. I didn't like the black either, it looked like 20,000 'ultras' rather than Hibs fans.
I was originally for the displays, but they didn't seem to work out entirely well.

Also, the designs weren't the best.

I think the 2004 League Cup final was a great example of people simply dressing in as much green & white as possible.

That didn't work for the players either, so perhaps we should just concentrate on displaying Hibs songs! :wink:

Agree with the bit in Italics but the bit in bold is balls. Mick Ward's Japanese Sunshine on Leith design was applauded by fans of all clubs - even the Yams were impressed. Stunning bit of work!!

ZSdoom
11-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Agree with the bit in Italics but the bit in bold is balls. Mick Ward's Japanese Sunshine on Leith design was applauded by fans of all clubs - even the Yams were impressed. Stunning bit of work!!

Not his design

11-03-2015, 02:36 PM
I was originally for the displays, but they didn't seem to work out entirely well. Also, the designs weren't the best.

I disagree, I thought the two cup final displays were fantastic.

Andy74
11-03-2015, 04:24 PM
I like seeing the teams come out, especailly in the big games, and that is when they get a cracking welcome out. Standing with a bit of card trying to see past other people standing with cards, no, not football for me.

Albanian Hibs
11-03-2015, 04:30 PM
I like seeing the teams come out, especailly in the big games, and that is when they get a cracking welcome out. Standing with a bit of card trying to see past other people standing with cards, no, not football for me.

Exactly. When you are holding a bit of card you cant clap. I would rather clap my team onto the pitch.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2015, 04:32 PM

I agree with you, the last 2 big games at Hampden where we had displays, I saw nothing of the teams coming out, all I saw was the back of a card of the person in front of me!
Not for me either.

Who's is the display actually aimed at? Folk watching on TV?

hfc rd
11-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Prefer flags than cards. The 2012 cup final display was awesome!

jgl07
11-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Exactly. When you are holding a bit of card you cant clap. I would rather clap my team onto the pitch.
Easy. Hold the card with one hand and clap with the other.