PDA

View Full Version : Injuries?

hibbytam
08-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Any from today?

I though Malonga had a sore one, seemed to be holding his knee for a while.
also Gray took a sore one at the end, wouldn't be surprised to if he was benched midweek.

Borderhibbie76
08-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Any from today?

I though Malonga had a sore one, seemed to be holding his knee for a while.
also Gray took a sore one at the end, wouldn't be surprised to if he was benched midweek.

Malonga had an ice pack on his knee when he came on pitch at FT

J-C
08-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Malonga and Gray both carried on, if anything serious they'd be off right away, bruised and sore nothing more.

08-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Gray looked in a bit of pain but seemed to manage to shake it off. Maybe rest him midweek just as a precaution and play Watson instead. Gray would be a big blow to loose if he got a bad injury.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Can't see either of them playing midweek. Hopefully nothing serious.
I know they both played on but I hobbled on for 15 mins after hurting my knee in a game back in Nov and never played for 8 weeks after.
DG's looked worse and he has history with that knee obviously. Malonga had a lot of ice on it at FT

TAHibby
08-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Would rest them midweek of there's even a hint of anything, certainly got the squad to cope with it

Purehibee_MYB
08-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Can't afford for gray to be injured for cup games as Watson is cup tied so definitely wrap him up in cotton wool!

JimBHibees
09-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Gray looked like he may have done his ankle ligaments. Played on however still looked in pain at the end. Could be a spell out I think though have Watson as cover for league games.

Malonga's one looked like it might be a bad knee injury the way his knee seemed to bend back on impact. Hope not as he is a quality player.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Gray looked like he may have done his ankle ligaments. Played on however still looked in pain at the end. Could be a spell out I think though have Watson as cover for league games.

Malonga's one looked like it might be a bad knee injury the way his knee seemed to bend back on impact. Hope not as he is a quality player.

Both players carried on. If they were that serious then they would have been stretchered off immediately.

Smartie
09-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Both players carried on. If they were that serious then they would have been stretchered off immediately.

I'm trying to remember who it was that played on after having had what turned out to be a horrendous knee injury.

Was it maybe Kevin Thomas when he was at Hearts? Played on in spite of having done his cruciate?

cam75
09-03-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm trying to remember who it was that played on after having had what turned out to be a horrendous knee injury.

Was it maybe Kevin Thomas when he was at Hearts? Played on in spite of having done his cruciate?

Scott brown played on with a broke
Leg I think ?

tamig
09-03-2015, 12:45 PM

Big Marvin Andrews played for a few seasons with a knackd cruciate. It was ok though as God told him to play on.

Speedy
09-03-2015, 12:45 PM

I don't understand why we never took Gray off. I know we had no subs but he was clearly still hurt and the game was well and truly wrapped up.

EdinMike
09-03-2015, 12:49 PM

It won't be ligament damage. As someone who's ruptured an ankle ligament, trust me. You are not getting back on your feet and running around a minute or so later. A slight tear ? A bit of bruising ?! Maybe, certainly not ligament damage.

The_Horde
09-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Berwick players were going in to injure people IMO.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Berwick players were going in to injure people IMO.

Really? Malongas was just a badly timed tackle and Gray injured himself landing after going up for a header did he not?

Smartie
09-03-2015, 01:02 PM
I thought that they put in some seriously meaty challenges, especially early in the first half.

The incidents involving Malonga and Gray's injuries were fairly innocuous though.

hibeemikey21
09-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Really? Malongas was just a badly timed tackle and Gray injured himself landing after going up for a header did he not?

They definitely left the boot in on a number of occasions throughout the game, often wee niggles after the ball had gone

Thecat23
09-03-2015, 01:08 PM

I thought Berwick were very late in a couple of tackles. Few round me also thought someone may end up getting a sore one.

JimBHibees
09-03-2015, 10:06 PM

Yes he did.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Watson in for Gray and Djedje in for Malonga on Wednesday night.

oneone73
09-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Watson in for Gray and Djedje in for Malonga on Wednesday night.

Or possibly Boyle for Malonga?

Hibeewilly
09-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Definitely Djedje in for Malonga - I think he will be a class act dor Hibs

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Yes he did.

Made it a lot worse - don't think he ever really recovered from that.

J-C
09-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Or possibly Boyle for Malonga?

Nah, Djedje is a more natural striker compared to Boyle, who's a wide man turned forward. We could go 4-3-3 with Djedje/Cummings and Boyle up front and with that pace any team would sheite themselves at the thought.

JimBHibees
10-03-2015, 01:52 PM
It won't be ligament damage. As someone who's ruptured an ankle ligament, trust me. You are not getting back on your feet and running around a minute or so later. A slight tear ? A bit of bruising ?! Maybe, certainly not ligament damage.

He may not have ruptured the ligaments but just stretched them which could then become more painful when cooled down after the game.