PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thompson

Togs91
08-03-2015, 03:28 PM
How he is allowed anywhere near a football pitch is just so far beyond me its infuriating! The man has no control over a game or his officials, makes terrible decisions week in week out and there is no backlash for his actions! Hope he is nowhere near the semi's or the finals, absolute disgrace to our game!!

WillowbraeHibby
08-03-2015, 03:29 PM
How he is allowed anywhere near a football pitch is just so far beyond me its infuriating! The man has no control over a game or his officials, makes terrible decisions week in week out and there is no backlash for his actions! Hope he is nowhere near the semi's or the finals, absolute disgrace to our game!!

Thought ye were describing a yam there.... :greengrin

ekhibee
08-03-2015, 03:32 PM
He's already made two woeful decisions in the DU v Celtic cup game so far. He's sent off the wrong man (Paton) and given a penalty for what was apparently a clear dive. The only good thing about it is that Celtic are getting beaten.

Togs91
08-03-2015, 03:34 PM

:greengrin

Its a joke though! I work down south with alot of guys who aren't scottish and don't take any interest in our league whatsoever, but im forced to watch their p*** so they are forced to watch mine! Every game he ref's they laugh at him for being a complete mess and me for getting ragin at him every time! It just seems to be every game he is in charge off he is a laughing stock and if we're pointing it week in week out how is nobody taking any action!?

WillowbraeHibby
08-03-2015, 03:37 PM
:greengrin

Its a joke though! I work down south with alot of guys who aren't scottish and don't take any interest in our league whatsoever, but im forced to watch their p*** so they are forced to watch mine! Every game he ref's they laugh at him for being a complete mess and me for getting ragin at him every time! It just seems to be every game he is in charge off he is a laughing stock and if we're pointing it week in week out how is nobody taking any action!?

Calm doon Togs... We aw' ken he is a :jamboclow.... :greengrin (Ken what ye mean though) GGTTH

Togs91
08-03-2015, 03:39 PM
I rest my case!

sleeping giant
08-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Thompson loves it .

hfc rd
08-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Trying his best to get Celtic to Hampden!

McIntosh
08-03-2015, 03:42 PM
I think we are watching the end of his career today. If so, there is a God in heaven.

Togs91
08-03-2015, 03:45 PM
I think we are watching the end of his career today. If so, there is a God in heaven.

That sounds too good to be true

emerald green
08-03-2015, 03:47 PM

Thomson is a Yam.

McIntosh
08-03-2015, 03:48 PM
That sounds too good to be true That may be correct. Thompson performance is inept and I think I am being charitable. Really poor.

08-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Hes so bad its embarrasing.

jambo clown!

Viva_Palmeiras
08-03-2015, 05:29 PM
5O shades of ineptitude...

ancient hibee
08-03-2015, 05:32 PM
The linesman told him who to send off and if Cummings had been on the ball we would have wanted a penalty as well.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Wonder which semi final he will get as his reward for today?
His reward for giving a penalty that was 3 yards outside the box and missing an elbow to the head in the 5-1 final, was getting to ref the immediate next cup final.
The cheating prick is untouchable for some reason

Malthibby
08-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Thomson is a Yam.

That's a Whooosh.....:wink:

Eyrie
08-03-2015, 06:08 PM
After today's latest display of ineptitude, the SFA may show some sense and decide that it's best that he doesn't get any more cup games this season. The downside is that they will give him a couple of the play off games instead :brickwall

Seveno
08-03-2015, 06:36 PM
I think it is safe to say that after his display at Tannadice today, we are not going to have Thomson cheating us in either the Semi or Final, if we get there.

greenpaper55
08-03-2015, 06:38 PM
An utter clown that would struggle to Ref a schoolboy game, he should resign.

emerald green
08-03-2015, 06:43 PM
It amazes me how he keeps being placed in charge of so many high profile important fixtures. He has been shown to be an incompetent time and time again, yet nothing ever seems to stick.

As well as being a poor referee, he seems to have a one man vendetta going on against Hibernian FC.

08-03-2015, 06:46 PM
That clown is not good enough to ref the sunday pub leagues never mind national cup finals/semi-finals etc.

Utterly incompetent, it's embarrasing. How many more howlers does he have to make before he's shafted. Best ref in Scotland? hahahaha aye right!

08-03-2015, 06:51 PM
I will never understand how he was allowed anywhere near the 2012 cup final due to his affections for hearts.

Make no mistake, he was not the reason we lost, we lost due to one of the worst hibs teams ever playing a financially doped hearts team. However, I do believe the scoreline was as big as it was because of Thompson. After HT, we had our goal so here comes Thompson to ease hearts worries and awards them that ridiculous penalty and reduce hibs to 10 men.

The man is a shambles of a referee

Deansy
08-03-2015, 06:56 PM
I think it is safe to say that after his display at Tannadice today, we are not going to have Thomson cheating us in either the Semi or Final, if we get there.

You're joking, right ? - he's the GFA's 'Go-to' guy when we need gubbed !

Ricky Bobby
08-03-2015, 07:21 PM

I would not be so sure. He seems to be teflon coated.

Carheenlea
08-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Craig Thomson has consistently been criticised by Hibs supporters and our concerns about his suitability in officiating our matches have been valid.

The difference now though is that he will bear the brunt of such strong criticism and scrutiny from the Scottish media over his performance this afternoon that I would think the SFA will take the heat off Thomson by not allocating either semi or final to him.

Waxy
08-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Surely that will be his last match ever.Wonder what he'll do now?
Probably spend his saturdays at the pink pigsty watching his idols.

Shields Hibee
08-03-2015, 07:52 PM
An absolute embarrassment to all officials is that man! Seriously, the SFA have to take action and that means dropping him from refereeing games of a high profile nature.

I will be livid if CT gets near Hampden :confused:

cleanyman
08-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Woeful performance.

He got one decision right with the Dixon red and penalty but to wave play on after the Brown 'challenge' was shocking.

brianmc
08-03-2015, 07:57 PM
CT is a twat, of that there is no debate. But surely today the worst decision was down to his "assistant"?

*he's still a throbber though

Stantons Angel
08-03-2015, 08:00 PM

My blood boils at the mere mention of his name! he is an absolute pillock of a man really! He gets away with this sort of display game after game and nothing gets done repeatedly!

He makes a mockery of the game and yet the SFA still give him top games. His display in europe last season showed just how bad he was and he is still getting away with it!

I bet if we were as incompetent in our jobs we would be sacked!!

Get rid of him and bring back a bit of dignity to the Scottish game!

Aldo
08-03-2015, 08:09 PM
I think what gets me is the asst ref pulls Butcher to one side then points out Paton who did nowt.

Cheat Thomson at his best today. Or worst as the case maybe.

andyf5
08-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Craig Thomson has consistently been criticised by Hibs supporters and our concerns about his suitability in officiating our matches have been valid.

I actually think is he just a poor, card happy referee. Check out the France Bosnia youtube video of his international effort. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tvewlR39Mc

JimBHibees
08-03-2015, 08:12 PM
As well as being an awful ref the way he speaks to players is disgusting IMO.

Pete
08-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Woeful performance.

He got one decision right with the Dixon red and penalty but to wave play on after the Brown 'challenge' was shocking.

Brown should have walked for that. Shocker.

To be fair to Thomson and his officials today the players certainly didn't make it easy for them. It must be hard to strike a balance when it comes to setting the tone for a match and the United player conned them.

Who would be a ref?

Hibbie_Cameron
08-03-2015, 10:36 PM
He will get our match against Rangers in a few weeks as punishment:rolleyes:

GreenCastle
08-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Just adds to the list of mistakes he has made as a ref.

Just just have to Google him or search on YouTube and there are plenty of examples where he has made shocking decisions.

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 06:32 AM
I think I preferred it when I thought he was biased against us. The more I see though the more I'm coming to the conclusion that he's just a terrible ref.

macca70
09-03-2015, 06:34 AM
Not only did he send off the wrong DU player but what did Van Dyk do to deserve a red, I don't think Van Dyk even deserved a yellow. He just got up and walked away from it all.

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 07:01 AM
I don't think he sent the wrong one off - Paton was having a wee kick while on the ground.

What he did do was miss Cifci's kick at Brown and Brown's reckless tackle that started it all off.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2015, 07:06 AM
I don't think he sent the wrong one off - Paton was having a wee kick while on the ground.

What he did do was miss Cifci's kick at Brown and Brown's reckless tackle that started it all off.

Paton was not involved and did not kick anyone at all according to the footage on sportscene last night.

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 07:07 AM
Paton was not involved and did not kick anyone at all according to the footage on sportscene last night.

Wasn't he the one lying under/between van dyke? If it was looked like he had a kick to me.

Although I've not seen Sportscene - just the SSN coverage.

Hiber-nation
09-03-2015, 07:08 AM
Wasn't he the one lying under/between van dyke? If it was looked like he had a kick to me.

That was Butcher (no not him)

Scottie
09-03-2015, 07:11 AM
If he had done his job properly and sent off Scott Brown for the original challenge then all the rest is hypothetical. For some reason SB Gets away with murder on the pitch every week.

Lame excuse of a referee.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2015, 07:31 AM

That was Butcher not Paton mate.

09-03-2015, 07:47 AM
If he had done his job properly and sent off Scott Brown for the original challenge then all the rest is hypothetical. For some reason SB Gets away with murder on the pitch every week.

He gets away with murder because he is the captain of one of the OF. Look at what McCulloch gets away with as well!

Onion
09-03-2015, 07:51 AM
He gets away with murder because he is the captain of one of the OF. Look at what McCulloch gets away with as well!

In a nutshell :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 08:24 AM
That was Butcher not Paton mate.

Fair enough - wrong player then!

JimBHibees
09-03-2015, 08:47 AM

Agree entirely if there is retrospective action Brown should be given a red also. Awful challenge. The Old Firm captains forcefield works again has always been the way.

Kato
09-03-2015, 08:55 AM
He is a poor ref, however anyone who thinks he isn't biased against needs to read or re-read this.

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 09:00 AM
He is a poor ref, however anyone who thinks he isn't biased against needs to read or re-read this.

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that he's not biased - just incompetent.

Obviously we got done over in a big match an because of that watch him closer but the more we talk about mistakes he's making in other matches the more it must go down to incompetence?

JimBHibees
09-03-2015, 09:03 AM

Obviously we got done over in a big match an because of that watch him closer but the more we talk about mistakes he's making in other matches the more it must go down to incompetence?

Disagree he has quite simply never given us a meaningful decision. Mere incompetence you would think would even itself out.

Kato
09-03-2015, 09:05 AM

It's possible to be both incompetent and bias.

Look at the stats in the linked article.

A definate pattern over the years of giving us nowt whilst making key decisions against us at damaging times of games and in specific games.

-- He's a rubbish ref.

-- He's bias against Hibs.

-- He a rubbish ref who is biased against Hibs.

Works all ways for me and the stats show that.

As well as all that he's also a twat with a very punchable phissog.

heretoday
09-03-2015, 09:17 AM
There's every chance he'll be removed from the refs' list at the end of the season.

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2015, 10:31 AM
William Collum has been appointed to referee FC Bayern Munchen v FC Shakhtar Donetsk in the 2nd Leg tie in the Round of 16 in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday.
His team of officials is:
Assistant Referee 1: Damian MacGraith (Republic of Ireland)
Assistant Referee 2: Graham Chambers
Fourth Official: Alastair Mather
Additional Assistant Referee 1: Bobby Madden
Additional Assistant Referee 2: Kevin Clancy

p.s. craig thomson is a cheat...end of, i'l never ever forget how he allowed that black assault on griffiths in the final, and the penalty that was 2 yards out the box...the ****

Alan62
09-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Not going to defend Craig Thompson BUT it was the linesman who identified Paton. In my view he was right too.

It was a complicated stramash to be fair to the officials. Scott Brown, for me, should have been a straight red. That was Thompson's first mistake. Paton lashes out at Brown for the initial tackle kicking him on the head. You don't see that in the first angle from the BBC footage but it's clear on the other angle. van Dyke gets sent off for retaliation too. The guy Butcher should have been booked as well for his challenge. Bearing in mind the ref and his assistant only saw it in real time, it was a tough call.

He's still a cheating twat but I don't think he'll be nailed for this one.

I also doubt that Dundee United will appeal Paton's red card when they see the footage.

--------
09-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Not going to defend Craig Thompson BUT it was the linesman who identified Paton. In my view he was right too.

It was a complicated stramash to be fair to the officials. Scott Brown, for me, should have been a straight red. That was Thompson's first mistake. Paton lashes out at Brown for the initial tackle kicking him on the head. You don't see that in the first angle from the BBC footage but it's clear on the other angle. van Dyke gets sent off for retaliation too. The guy Butcher should have been booked as well for his challenge. Bearing in mind the ref and his assistant only saw it in real time, it was a tough call.

I also doubt that Dundee United will appeal Paton's red card when they see the footage.

I agree - with some reluctance, as CT should always be treated as guilty and incompetent until proven otherwise - this was the wort of game you culd have had half a dozen referees on the pitch and it would still have been a total boorach. On this occasion, not his fault.

What really worries me, though, is Pat Nevin's comment on Sportscene, that it was a pity about all the red cards, because 'it was a really good game'.

Really, Pat? Your standards huvnae half fallen since the days you were bringing the wee guy to ER to watch Mowbray's team. It was rubbish - played on a cow-pasture.

worcesterhibby
09-03-2015, 01:08 PM
What really worries me, though, is Pat Nevin's comment on Sportscene, that it was a pity about all the red cards, because 'it was a really good game'.

Really, Pat? Your standards huvnae half fallen since the days you were bringing the wee guy to ER to watch Mowbray's team. It was rubbish - played on a cow-pasture.

Many have been moaning for years about the governing bodies, MSM and TV underselling the scottish game, to the extant that we have convinced ourselves and the world that it is rubbish. If the Scottish game is to improve we need to "Sell" it with enthusiasm and hyperbole, just like they do in England. I'd prefer Pat to be saying it was a great game than moaning on TV how poor it was.

tamig
09-03-2015, 01:14 PM

It was Ciftci who kicked Brown on the head. Not Paton.

PPZPOL
09-03-2015, 01:14 PM

Paton had no involvement at all other than taking the touch that lead to Cifti being poleaxed by Brown, it was then Cifti who reacted with a kick out when he was on the ground.

maturehibby
09-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Madden no better another incompetent referee who makes howler after howler after howler - the best one yesterday was when Liam Craig had a shot heading for the top corner only for the Berwick goalie to pull out a great save and tip it over the bar and at first he awarded a goal kick only for someone on the team to tell him the keeper had saved it .
Good job as from the Corner Fontaine bulleted in a header .
was also given our game against so many other teams this season - but unlike Thomson i think Madden is just inept and a bad referee

Greenblood70
09-03-2015, 01:18 PM
As well as being an awful ref the way he speaks to players is disgusting IMO.

Spotted this as well on countless occasions, he actively exacerbates situations rather than quietly calming them down. The man is an absolute walloper and I would also contend strongly that he is a cheating *******.

Hopefully yesterday is the last we'll see of him

--------
09-03-2015, 01:19 PM
I have an idea - because of the controversy surrounding the match, and the obvious fact that no one can say whether this is a fair result or otherwise, ban both teams from the rest of the competition.

And just to be fair, ban the teams they're drawn to play in the semi-final.

Ban Falkirk for having a Jambo plook as they're manager and award the Cup to whoever's left in the competition.

(AND all the remaining sponsorship money, of course.)

Who IS that, by the way?

Turkish Green
09-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Thompson is no different than Collum Both are inept and biased. Thompson will referee one of the SFs.

Kato
09-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Paton lashes out at Brown for the initial tackle kicking him on the head. You don't see that in the first angle from the BBC footage but it's clear on the other angle.

You've had a chance to see it again and you've got it wrong, Cifti booted Brown in the head.

Kato
09-03-2015, 01:31 PM
The man is an absolute walloper

I enjoy your sense of understatement there.

southsider
09-03-2015, 01:49 PM
I have an idea - because of the controversy surrounding the match, and the obvious fact that no one can say whether this is a fair result or otherwise, ban both teams from the rest of the competition.

And just to be fair, ban the teams they're drawn to play in the semi-final.

Ban Falkirk for having a Jambo plook as they're manager and award the Cup to whoever's left in the competition.

(AND all the remaining sponsorship money, of course.)

Who IS that, by the way?

Well said. That made me smile.

Alan62
09-03-2015, 02:31 PM
You've had a chance to see it again and you've got it wrong, Cifti booted Brown in the head.

Yes, right enough. Watched it again. I got mixed up on account of the fact that both were young white guys with dark hair. :cb

snooky
09-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Thompson is no different than Collum Both are inept and biased. Thompson will referee one of the SFs.

Misread that for a moment - :doh:

Jack Hackett
09-03-2015, 04:34 PM
Misread that for a moment - :doh:

You're not the only one. Just shows the power of punctuation...or the lack of :greengrin

PHEONIXHIBS
10-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Its Nice to see Thomson being rewarded for his recent stellar performance ! Craig Thomson has been appointed to referee Club Brugge v Besiktas JK in the 1st Leg match in the Round of 16 in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday.
Assistant Referee 1: Frank Connor
Assistant Referee 2: David McGeachie
Fourth Official: Stuart Stevenson
Additional Assistant Referee 1: Steven McLean
Additional Assistant Referee 2: John Beaton

snooky
10-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Its Nice to see Thomson being rewarded for his recent stellar performance ! Craig Thomson has been appointed to referee Club Brugge v Besiktas JK in the 1st Leg match in the Round of 16 in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday.

Should we warn them about the extended penalty box rule?

Geo_1875
10-03-2015, 10:08 AM

Can't wait for this one. I'll set my Tivo to record it and play it back when I'm at work.

CockneyRebel
10-03-2015, 10:19 AM
I will never understand how he was allowed anywhere near the 2012 cup final due to his affections for hearts.

Make no mistake, he was not the reason we lost, we lost due to one of the worst hibs teams ever playing a financially doped hearts team. However, I do believe the scoreline was as big as it was because of Thompson. After HT, we had our goal so here comes Thompson to ease hearts worries and awards them that ridiculous penalty and reduce hibs to 10 men.

The man is a shambles of a referee

IMO our squad (on paper) was not too shabby. Unfortunately too many loan players just went out for a stroll on the day. You can see that many of the loan players have done considerably better since they returned south so I think it was purely attitude from the players and lack of motivation from the weak manager (weak in the man management sense - I can't imagine Fenlon bollocking any of the players that came from biggish English clubs, he just expected them to step up and perform (as they should have). Agreed the refereeing was abysmal, as soon as Black got away with his attack on Sparky the writing was on the wall. With a better ref we would IMO probably still have lost but it would have been a much tighter game.#

FranckSuzy
10-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Disagree he has quite simply never given us a meaningful decision. Mere incompetence you would think would even itself out.

I'm not defending CT in any way but during a game at ER v Dundee Utd, where Skacel was wearing his favourite squad number :rolleyes:, did CT not chalk off a Utd goal or not award them a stick-on penalty? :confused: I am maybe making this up but I remember thinking at the time that he appeared to be slightly favouring Hibs in his decision making, as if to deflect attention away from the 'cheat' claims. Happy to stand corrected tho' :aok:

Found a link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20196357) to prove I wasn't talking absolute nonsense re a goal being chalked off :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2015, 11:19 AM
He had obviously played on after Brown's tackle as Utd had a break on, which is fair enough. The biggest mystery is, after the dust had settled why did he not ( at least ) book Brown for his reckless challenge?

Cant forget his awful reffing in the old firm LC semi when after a foul had been committed on a Celtic player he saw him get his pass away to set Griffiths free with a clear run on goal ... he then gave the free kick, even though his initial hesitation in blowing his whistle had given him ample opportunity to see the advantage and wave play on.

The way he runs annoys me:grr:

The way he is dismissive of players annoys me:grr:

That stupid way he holds his cards at the very end of thumb and forefinger annoys me:grr:

The way he has to be the main event in every game he refs annoys me:grr:

His stupid biased Jambo pus annoys me:grr:

Please, please, please don't let that frackng roaster anywhere near any of our vital end of season games. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/no%20way.gif

JimBHibees
10-03-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm not defending CT in any way but during a game at ER v Dundee Utd, where Skacel was wearing his favourite squad number :rolleyes:, did CT not chalk off a Utd goal or not award them a stick-on penalty? :confused: I am maybe making this up but I remember thinking at the time that he appeared to be slightly favouring Hibs in his decision making, as if to deflect attention away from the 'cheat' claims. Happy to stand corrected tho' :aok:

Found a link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20196357) to prove I wasn't talking absolute nonsense re a goal being chalked off :greengrin

The linesman gave the offside.

FranckSuzy
10-03-2015, 12:44 PM
The linesman gave the offside.

Aye, but he could have over-ruled/ignored it? :wink: BTW, I cannot stand the man but that game always stuck in my mind as, when Skacel came on, it had a horrible inevitability written all over it :rolleyes:

Geo_1875
10-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Aye, but he could have over-ruled/ignored it? :wink: BTW, I cannot stand the man but that game always stuck in my mind as, when Skacel came on, it had a horrible inevitability written all over it :rolleyes:

Thomson has never knowingly given Hibs a free-kick or an advantage in a dangerous position. He probably phoned Skacel to apologise when he realised he'd disallowed a perfectly good goal in that game.

JimBHibees
10-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Agree I also have vague recollections of him allowing big nose to act up without punishment near the end.

dangermouse
10-03-2015, 01:07 PM

Our first game after "that" final was away to United with CT as the ref. I was at the game and United had two stonewall penalty claims turned down in the first half. Think it was a draw at the end but United should have been out of sight by half time.

Juice-Terry
10-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Our first game after "that" final was away to United with CT as the ref. I was at the game and United had two stonewall penalty claims turned down in the first half. Think it was a draw at the end but United should have been out of sight by half time.

Even more evidence that he is an idiot and/or corrupt.

10-03-2015, 03:15 PM
IMO our squad (on paper) was not too shabby. Unfortunately too many loan players just went out for a stroll on the day. You can see that many of the loan players have done considerably better since they returned south so I think it was purely attitude from the players and lack of motivation from the weak manager (weak in the man management sense - I can't imagine Fenlon bollocking any of the players that came from biggish English clubs, he just expected them to step up and perform (as they should have). Agreed the refereeing was abysmal, as soon as Black got away with his attack on Sparky the writing was on the wall. With a better ref we would IMO probably still have lost but it would have been a much tighter game.#

Fair point. Too many players who simply couldn't have gave a ****.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Noticed that Paul Paton who was sent off in error has had his ban rescinded. Can Dijk has had his sending off rescinded as well
Cifti who was referred by the compliance officer, although he wasn't booked at the game, has had his breach not proven, and no sanction imposed.

So 3 went off on Sunday, and all got off with it!!!

IrnBru22
12-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Noticed that Paul Paton who was sent off in error has had his ban rescinded. Can Dijk has had his sending off rescinded as well
Cifti who was referred by the compliance officer, although he wasn't booked at the game, has had his breach not proven, and no sanction imposed.

Dundee utd didnt appeal Dixon's sending off so his red card still stands.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Dundee utd didnt appeal Dixon's sending off so his red card still stands.

Oops forgot about him!
Can he play in goals for United on Sunday

Since90+2
12-03-2015, 04:49 PM

Surprised Cifti got away with that, was a clear kick.

Good for us though as means he can play in the replay against Celtic.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Oops forgot about him!
Can he play in goals for United on Sunday

He probably could but he's a left back so wouldn't recommend it

Del Boy
12-03-2015, 05:23 PM

Think we lost that 3-0. Johnny Russell scored after about 3 minutes.

dangermouse
13-03-2015, 07:27 AM
Surprised Cifti got away with that, was a clear kick.

Good for us though as means he can play in the replay against Celtic.

Ah.. but if they banned Cifti they would have to have banned Brown as well meaning Celtc's chances of a result on Sunday would be weakened. Hope they get pumped, I'll be in the United end to savour it.

Hibs07p
15-03-2015, 11:26 AM
What input do clubs have regarding referee performance? Is it just coincidence that CT hasn't refereed any of our games in the championship this season? Have we, as a club made an official complaint against him and has he been banned from officiating our games, or are we about to get a severe kick in the baws when he gets the game next week against The Rangers? He's had 5 championship games, including both Poppy Thieves / The Rangers games, 8 & 9 cards respectively, and the LC semi, Celtc v The Rangers. Am I being paranoid that, ****** is about to derail our season at the business end, or has Rod Petrie played a blinder and proved to the powers that be, that he hates Hibs, and won't be near our games this season?

GGTTH

Frogga
15-03-2015, 11:46 AM
My Brother-in-law was telling me that he lives near Craig Thompson's twin brother. That man must curse the day that his brother became a referee! :brickwall

Kato
15-03-2015, 06:21 PM

Full name, Craig Urquhart Nichol Thompson?

givescotlandfreedom
16-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Potential bad news folks. Madden getting them league cup final means most likely Collum or Thomson will get the SC final as our 'top refs'.

givescotlandfreedom
16-03-2015, 12:33 AM
What input do clubs have regarding referee performance? Is it just coincidence that CT hasn't refereed any of our games in the championship this season? Have we, as a club made an official complaint against him and has he been banned from officiating our games, or are we about to get a severe kick in the baws when he gets the game next week against The Rangers? He's had 5 championship games, including both Poppy Thieves / The Rangers games, 8 & 9 cards respectively, and the LC semi, Celtc v The Rangers. Am I being paranoid that, ****** is about to derail our season at the business end, or has Rod Petrie played a blinder and proved to the powers that be, that he hates Hibs, and won't be near our games this season?

GGTTH

Good question. The story goes Hibs complained about his cheating in the 2012 cup final and he was given out first game in the start of the next season as punishment.

Deansy
16-03-2015, 01:21 AM
I too dread Thomson having an impact on our season - whether it's league of SC. And as he hasn't had a chance so far this season, he'll be chomping at the bit to catch-up !!

emerald green
16-03-2015, 06:05 PM
I would like to know who decides which referee gets which fixture, whether it be the Championship, or a cup tie.

If it's not some faceless / nameless official somewhere, how is it done? What is the process for allocating referees to particular fixtures? Are names just drawn out of a hat, or what?

snooky
16-03-2015, 11:54 PM
I too dread Thomson having an impact on our season - whether it's league of SC. And as he hasn't had a chance so far this season, he'll be chomping at the bit to catch-up !!

CT can have an impact on our season without actually reffing any of our games. He can give decisive decisions to our rivals and also weaken teams they are due to play with red cards, etc. As can the others in "Specsavers R Us" for that matter.
If previous form is to be considered, expect the full weight of the SFA (and all its sidekicks) to be right behind TRFC's efforts to secure 2nd place and/or, win all their play-off games.
As Al Jolson once said "You ain't seen nothin' yet"

StevieT
17-03-2015, 08:30 AM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=939402572759571&set=vb.210870365612799&type=2&theater

Looks like he has a relative living in Greece

Hibs07p
17-03-2015, 09:36 AM
I just find it strange that he's not reffed any of our games this season, and by law of averages, as the games get bigger as the season draws to a close, is he going to get a couple of our games? I think he's guaranteed to get at least one, unless he's been barred from reffing our games, and if he has, what secret committee deemed this appropriate and for what reason? If not, when is he about to be unleashed to derail our season?

GGTTH

ian omand
17-03-2015, 09:51 AM
CT can have an impact on our season without actually reffing any of our games. He can give decisive decisions to our rivals and also weaken teams they are due to play with red cards, etc. As can the others in "Specsavers R Us" for that matter.
If previous form is to be considered, expect the full weight of the SFA (and all its sidekicks) to be right behind TRFC's efforts to secure 2nd place and/or, win all their play-off games.
As Al Jolson once said "You ain't seen nothin' yet"

According to BBC saturday afternoon roundup
TRFC committed 7 fouls, Livvy committed 6
TRFC no bookings, Livvy 4.
Does anyone know how many Livvy players were booked midweek?
Perhaps it has already started.

kaimendhibs
17-03-2015, 09:55 AM
According to BBC saturday afternoon roundup
TRFC committed 7 fouls, Livvy committed 6
TRFC no bookings, Livvy 4.
Does anyone know how many Livvy players were booked midweek?
Perhaps it has already started.

That's a scary set of stats

Hibs07p
17-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Midweek the ref was S Finnie, Hibs 9 fouls and 2 bookings, Livi 10 fouls and 1 booking.

GGTTH