PDA

View Full Version : The unofficial Match Day Thread for Weather ,Fashion ,,Breakfast Travel etc etc

Ronniekirk
08-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Beautiful morning here in Paisley so journey through should be fine and hoping there is Sunshine On Leith . Looking for a goalfeast today so starting off with healthy breakfast orange juice with a hint of lime ,Eggs Benedict and some fresh ground Peruvian Coffee .
Jasper conran soft grey jeans with turn up and usual Timberland Boots with red laces Cannae get a green pair .Hibs Top and scarf and hoping don't need Ma coat today as will be warm ,so probably grey hoodie .
Assume apart from Watson and Boyle who are cup tied we will start with strongest team .

No doubt Silver will be along shortly with Main Match Day Thread if Stevie doesn't beat him to it .

For me there is still something Special about Scottish Cup games but maybe it's just chasing the Dream of something that has eluded us in my lifetime .

Moan the Hibs :not worth:gwa::flag::flag::flag:

Aldo
08-03-2015, 08:41 AM
Beautiful morning here in Paisley so journey through should be fine and hoping there is Sunshine On Leith . Looking for a goalfeast today so starting off with healthy breakfast orange juice with a hint of lime ,Eggs Benedict and some fresh ground Peruvian Coffee . Jasper conran soft grey jeans with turn up and usual Timberland Boots with red laces Cannae get a green pair .Hibs Top and scarf and hoping don't need Ma coat today as will be warm ,so probably grey hoodie . Assume apart from Watson and Boyle who are cup tied we will start with strongest team . No doubt Silver will be along shortly with Main Match Day Thread if Stevie doesn't beat him to it . For me there is still something Special about Scottish Cup games but maybe it's just chasing the Dream of something that has eluded us in my lifetime . Moan the Hibs :not worth:gwa::flag::flag::flag:

Like it Ronnie.

Yeah it's very mild today but slightly breezy over here in the Kingdom.

Unfortunately for me I won't be able to attend due to previously arranged family commitments however it'll be down the street just before KO for a few beers watching the game.

Brunch of pancakes, bacon and black pudding with 2 eggs.

G star bomber, green Ralph Lauren polo with G star jeans and grey Gazelles OG for me today.

GG.

Pretty Boy
08-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Looks a nice day, bought lorne sausage and rolls last night so no need to venture outside to check yet.

Happy day for me as my Grandad will be attending his 1st game in about 3 years with me, he's been absent due to health and other reasons but is looking forward to getting back.

Fashion wise it's my ER 'uniform' of Levis 501s, polo shirt as yet to be decided, green Trimm Trabbs and green Fred Perry jacket.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Like it Ronnie.

Yeah it's very mild today but slightly breezy over here in the Kingdom.

Unfortunately for me I won't be able to attend due to previously arranged family commitments however it'll be down the street just before KO for a few beers watching the game.

Brunch of pancakes, bacon and black pudding with 2 eggs.

G star bomber, green Ralph Lauren polo with G star jeans and grey Gazelles OG for me today.

GG.

Is it Stornaway Black Pudding Aldo ,like that with mushrooms and pancakes Good choice .
Enjoy your Family Day and you know if I could give you those five points I would :wink:

Aldo
08-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Is it Stornaway Black Pudding Aldo ,like that with mushrooms and pancakes Good choice . Enjoy your Family Day and you know if I could give you those five points I would :wink:

Not the day but it's my fav. Simon Howies today Ronnie.

I'll be able to watch the game but not attend.

Jdawg
08-03-2015, 08:57 AM
2 bacon rolls and a cup of tea, quick single malt or 2 in the flat then up to the Iona

Jim44
08-03-2015, 09:04 AM
A cool 20 deg. by the poolside in Tenerife but hoping for about 28 deg.. by kickoff. Fashion wise it's a blue t-shirt and shorts job which clashes a bit with the vivid orange beach towel and I'm getting uncomfortable Sevco vibes. Still you can't have everything. The hotel blurb says Wifi confined only to the main hotel lobby but oddly enough I'm getting a connection a couple of hundred yards from there so no complaints. GGTTH

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Lovely morning in sunny Leith. Just home from a 5k run round the ER and Lochend area. Shower now then over to pick up the tickets. Approx 6 people in the queue at the moment. Fresh orange, a fruit smoothie from my Nutri bullet and a couple of coffees very shortly.
Think the parka jacket will be left in the wardrobe for the first game this year. GGTTH

SteveHFC
08-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Beautiful morning here in Paisley so journey through should be fine and hoping there is Sunshine On Leith . Looking for a goalfeast today so starting off with healthy breakfast orange juice with a hint of lime ,Eggs Benedict and some fresh ground Peruvian Coffee .
Jasper conran soft grey jeans with turn up and usual Timberland Boots with red laces Cannae get a green pair .Hibs Top and scarf and hoping don't need Ma coat today as will be warm ,so probably grey hoodie .
Assume apart from Watson and Boyle who are cup tied we will start with strongest team .

No doubt Silver will be along shortly with Main Match Day Thread if Stevie doesn't beat him to it .

For me there is still something Special about Scottish Cup games but maybe it's just chasing the Dream of something that has eluded us in my lifetime .

Will let Silver start the match thread :hyper

Green Man
08-03-2015, 09:28 AM
The wee man's more excited than usual about going to see the Hibees today, must be the magic of the cup. I've just had my breakfast of scrambled eggs on toast and a couple of cups of coffee. I'll be wearing my usual green Hospital Records tshirt with large H on the front, hoping its mild so I can unzip the coat and show off some green.

BroxburnHibee
08-03-2015, 09:38 AM
First game in ages today - hope to see a professional job done today.

PatHead
08-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Only had 2 cups of non decaff instant coffee to follow my fish supper and onion ring tea last night. That was preceded by a chinese on Friday and pies for lunch yesterday.

Anyone guess the wife is away for the weekend and I am living the single guys lifestyle. Now do I just turn my pants inside out or wear a clean pair?

Oh to be young again!

superfurryhibby
08-03-2015, 09:47 AM
It looks a lovely spring Edinburgh morning from my window just now.

Having abandoned season ticket and largely not gone to games this season, I'm looking forward to the cup tie today. The fires are is still burning and the lure of the Scottish cup is still strong.

On the fashion front, I'll be opting for a 50 year old that's been at it hammer and tongs over the weekend and not had enough sleep look. This will be complimented by a Diesel bomber jacket, nice shade of green, Diesel straight legged jeans, wee single turn up, nice John Smedley green jersey, foot wear will be converse all stars- in green naturally. Don't forget to bring a pair of shades!

spike220
08-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Only had 2 cups of non decaff instant coffee to follow my fish supper and onion ring tea last night. That was preceded by a chinese on Friday and pies for lunch yesterday.

Anyone guess the wife is away for the weekend and I am living the single guys lifestyle. Now do I just turn my pants inside out or wear a clean pair?

Oh to be young again!

Is that you GOC?

lyonhibs
08-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Currently on a swish ICE train to Frankfurt where I have to be for work for the next few days. Liable to lose data connection as we cross the border in about an hour, but maybe that's a good thing as I'm sitting in the quiet carriage.

Navy blue in differing shades from head to toe, but have avoided any Canadian tuxedo-esque crimes against fashion.

TRC
08-03-2015, 10:08 AM
What channel is the game on ?

KWJ
08-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Got up at 5am as UK is 7 hours ahead of Alberta time. ******g clocks went forward in Alberta.

And by got up, I mean stayed up and got another beer (innis & gunn) from the fridge.

GGTTH.

Aldo
08-03-2015, 10:10 AM
what channel is the game on ? ss1

Hibstrooper
08-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Bathgate trains cancelled until 1204 so anyone heading through from that way best find alternative transport

TRC
08-03-2015, 10:12 AM
ss1

Cheers

Moulin Yarns
08-03-2015, 10:13 AM
ss1

Has anybody bought a NowTV one day pass to watch football in the past? I don't do SKY anymore and wondered if this was a good alternative, or should I just go to the pub :wink:

Aldo
08-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Has anybody bought a NowTV one day pass to watch football in the past? I don't do SKY anymore and wondered if this was a good alternative, or should I just go to the pub :wink:

I've never used it GF I've got Virgin but don't pay extra for SS. The bundle I do have had BT Sport and ESPN.

Pub for me in an 1hr and quarter.

superfurryhibby
08-03-2015, 10:19 AM
******g raining. Wind and hail hail lashing it down.

mim
08-03-2015, 10:24 AM
En route now in Fife. Doesn't look very good weather-wise just now across the Forth

BroxburnHibee
08-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Bathgate trains cancelled until 1204 so anyone heading through from that way best find alternative transport

Raging. Was standing at Uphall waiting too.

Scott Allan Key
08-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Olive merino wool beanie, black woolen jacket. Navy lambswool jumper, olive polo shirt, black dress trousers and my dark leather Clarks trainers. Turkey bacon butties at breakfast, milk and orange juice.

GGTTH

SaulGoodman
08-03-2015, 10:37 AM

I use that,you're better off buying the one week pass for £4 extra instead of paying £6 for one day.

Works depending on how quick your broadband speed is, I get about 18mbps and it streams HD with no problem

bighairyfaeleith
08-03-2015, 10:39 AM

Yes works well, but it's not a pub :)

sleeping giant
08-03-2015, 10:40 AM
2 bacon rolls and 2 cups of tea.

Checked Jammie bottoms and a firetrap hoody. No socks.
Wife going out. Pass me my tub and the remote please :greengrin

wpj
08-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Nice and sunny in Hertfordshire, heading to the legendary Quinns of Camden by train. Green Lacoste polo shirt, billabong hooded jacket, uiqlo jeans, Hibs socks and Olive Ikon desert boots, flatcap incase of rain later, light breakfast as I will be fine dining at the venue

BroxburnHibee
08-03-2015, 11:26 AM

Raging. Was standing at Uphall waiting too.

silverhibee
08-03-2015, 11:29 AM

Pesky Steve.

Half time entertainment, me and Steve doing penalties for match day thread, I'm confident i will win what with Steve being in crutches. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
08-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Greggs, 2 cheese & onion pasties and cream coconut cake, CK PGs wrapped in a downie on the settee, to my left is the hangover stuff, to my right is my tray with green rizlas 20 fags and the pipe for each goal that goes in for Hibs today, nice green and lovely paulon to get me through the day, looking out the window and big dark cloud heading for Leith, blaming Steve for that and anything else that goes wrong today. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
08-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Yes works well, but it's not a pub :)

Pint of True North in front of me, ready for kick off.