PDA

View Full Version : Under the Radar

Famous Fiver
07-03-2015, 09:18 PM
I see from EEN ( sorry, cant do a link) that EDC are committed to spending cash to start upgrading facilities at Sighthill. Rugby involved (now why does that ring a bell?) and developers money going in too.

Is this the start of a journey to a new all singing and dancing stadium in the West of the City that might be looking for a tenant in a few years?

Paranoid?

You bet I am!!!!

greenginger
07-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Yams sharing a stadium with egg chasers and a running track between the pitch and the scarf twirlers with great gaps behind the goals.

I'm sure their fans will think all their money being well spent.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Yams sharing a stadium with egg chasers and a running track between the pitch and the scarf twirlers with great gaps behind the goals.

I'm sure their fans will think all their money being well spent.

There not spending my council tax on a Hearts stadium

jdships
07-03-2015, 10:25 PM

:top marks
Understand that there have been " serious general discussions " at various levels over the past nine months

Golden Bear
07-03-2015, 10:52 PM

The old "community ownership" chestnut will pop up mark my w ords. They'll incorporate a library or a creche within the stadium to justify the use of public money to build the facility.

BIGK
08-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Why don't we use the world cup in Qatar as the perfect way to test summer football. We are going to have to stop the league for 2-3 months anyway. why not try summer football for the season before and after. If it don't work then we go back to the way it is now.
Would be really weird playing the Scottish cup in the summer in particular but I'm sure I'd get used to it if it was a success.

Geo_1875
08-03-2015, 10:59 AM
The old "community ownership" chestnut will pop up mark my w ords. They'll incorporate a library or a creche within the stadium to justify the use of public money to build the facility.

Surely can't have hertz and a creche in the same premises.

CockneyRebel
08-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Surely can't have hertz and a creche in the same premises.

Boom boom (and a drum roll)

Hibby Gav
08-03-2015, 11:19 AM
I see from EEN ( sorry, cant do a link) that EDC are committed to spending cash to start upgrading facilities at Sighthill. Rugby involved (now why does that ring a bell?) and developers money going in too.

Is this the start of a journey to a new all singing and dancing stadium in the West of the City that might be looking for a tenant in a few years?

Paranoid?

You bet I am!!!!

And they have also stalled the decision on Meadowbank !

ggtth

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2015, 07:32 PM

If that stadium has an 8 lane running track and is a bus ride from the traditional Yam boozers and takes them out of Gorgie and they have to share with a bunch of egg chasers ripping up the pitch every other weekend it will be money well spent mate.

I can see this happening .... the council will flog Meadowbank, the Yams will flog the Wongadome and that money will go into building the new 20,000 seat stadium. That way the Yams will be able to avoid paying rent as contributors to the financing of the build. The best bit will come when its time to name it.

Waxy
08-03-2015, 08:48 PM
If that stadium has an 8 lane running track and is a bus ride from the traditional Yam boozers and takes them out of Gorgie and they have to share with a bunch of egg chasers ripping up the pitch every other weekend it will be money well spent mate.

I can see this happening .... the council will flog Meadowbank, the Yams will flog the Wongadome and that money will go into building the new 20,000 seat stadium. That way the Yams will be able to avoid paying rent as contributors to the financing of the build. The best bit will come when its time to name it.But i thought the wongadome wasn't worth much? Didn't they say that themselves? Something to do with a blast zone or something?

GreenCastle
08-03-2015, 11:26 PM
The development at Sighthill will have nothing to do with the yams.

They aren't planning to build a stadium at sighthill - just improve the changing rooms and pitches and probably over time add a 3G pitch - linked with the Scottish Rugby Union and the large amount of sponsorship they received from BT.

Personally I am all for it as it means better use of that grass space which isn't used enough and would be a blow for the yams as they could never develop that site.