PDA

View Full Version : King and Co

ekhibee
06-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Now that King and his cronies seem to be in charge, I would take even greater pleasure in pumping Sevco the next time we play them.

iwasthere1972
06-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Now that King and his cronies seem to be in charge, I would take even greater pleasure in pumping Sevco the next time we play them.

Only 41 convictions in South Africa for diddling the tax authorities. Hope HMRC monitor The Rangers closely.

weonlywon6-2
06-03-2015, 06:39 PM
So what is Mike Ashley going to do??

Few hurdles yet

bighairyfaeleith
06-03-2015, 06:40 PM
has anyone told king that we get to keep them if we beat them in the next game.:greengrin

Mikey
06-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Given the amount of money they're talking about spending it's really important that we're not in the Championship with them next season. If we don't go up if would be better for us if they do!

Spike Mandela
06-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Given the amount of money they're talking about spending it's really important that we're not in the Championship with them next season. If we don't go up if would be better for us if they do!

Talk is cheap. Investing money isn't.

Ricky Bobby
06-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Maybe i have got the wrong end of the stick, but when i was listening to the radio today it seemed to be suggesting that there may be a way back for fat sally.
Please, please, please, be true

Onion
06-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Maybe i have got the wrong end of the stick, but when i was listening to the radio today it seemed to be suggesting that there may be a way back for fat sally.

Sally and Butcher - the dream team :aok:

heretoday
06-03-2015, 09:16 PM
They just look like a bunch of crooks.

The Pointer
06-03-2015, 10:15 PM
They just look like a bunch of crooks.

:aok::aok: It's their history.

Carheenlea
06-03-2015, 10:22 PM

:agree:

Even without extra funding behind them, if we are not to be successful in achieving promotion, we have to hope that Rangers do so instead. A Championship next season with both ourselves and Rangers would not be ideal.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2015, 10:29 PM
:agree:

Even without extra funding behind them, if we are not to be successful in achieving promotion, we have to hope that Rangers do so instead. A Championship next season with both ourselves and Rangers would not be ideal.

It's an important point, much as it hurts, if we don't go up, they have too

jacomo
06-03-2015, 11:09 PM

Oh no. Swally is a brilliant manager and would no doubt give them a new lease of life if he came back. It would be terrible if this happened imminently.

:wink:

Malthibby
06-03-2015, 11:41 PM
"Good for Celtic and good for scotland" apparently, in that order of course.
two sides of the same coin, rotten to the core and no apologies for the mixed metaphors.
no doubt the Celtic minded will point out that their Desmond isn't actually quoted, but let's not pretend they don't need each other.
absolutely sickened by the whole sordid circus and the attendant institutional bias and corruption.
in an alternate universe somewhere hibs have won the sc in the past one hundred years (just the once, for show) and ran tic play their home games on rockall. Just have to work out how to get there.
GG

Pete
07-03-2015, 12:05 AM
Ask yourself how much they are paying players right now. They are already significantly outspending everyone else yet they are still conspiring to be absolutely garbage.

It's not the amount of money we should be wary of, it's the prospect of them channeling what they have correctly. A decent manager could make that group of players walk this league and when you consider how much we are paying Stubbs, some sort of similar set up surely isn't beyond them.

Are they smart or patient enough to do that or will they just continue buying big players whilst ignoring the fact that they need proper leadership and guidance?

AndyM_1875
07-03-2015, 06:54 AM
"Good for Celtic and good for scotland" apparently, in that order of course.
two sides of the same coin, rotten to the core and no apologies for the mixed metaphors.
no doubt the Celtic minded will point out that their Desmond isn't actually quoted, but let's not pretend they don't need each other.

This is all true.
They're a strange crew the soapdodgers. Their Twitter loonballs keep banging out the gospel of the hate fuelled bloggers like mad Phil who live in their own wee world
where Celtic never ran up £30m of bank debt after O'Neill or took out another £34m secured loan from the Co-op Bank and talk with a straight face about "living within your means".
However the majority of Sellik fans are quietly hoping for the thought of "normal service" being resumed.

At boardroom level it's an open truth that Lawell wants Rangers back. He has a 10m hole in the accounts to fill in a club which has downsized for 3 years and normally that's done via a player sale unfortunately none of the current mob are worth that. Van Dijk's disastrous red cardshowing against Inter saw to that. 4 televised games against you know who will put a large dent in that problem.
As for old Dermott he takes more of an interest in paying as much tax as Bono to the a Irish Government than he does in Celtic.

ano hibby
07-03-2015, 07:02 AM
How did DK make his money..anyone know his background?

Any journalist done a proper investigative search into his wealth & roots?

JimBHibees
07-03-2015, 07:06 AM

Wealth off the radar apparently.

Alex Trager
07-03-2015, 07:28 AM
Ask yourself how much they are paying players right now. They are already significantly outspending everyone else yet they are still conspiring to be absolutely garbage.

It's not the amount of money we should be wary of, it's the prospect of them channeling what they have correctly. A decent manager could make that group of players walk this league and when you consider how much we are paying Stubbs, some sort of similar set up surely isn't beyond them.

Are they smart or patient enough to do that or will they just continue buying big players whilst ignoring the fact that they need proper leadership and guidance?

I completely disagree.
The players are rotten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2015, 07:49 AM

Financial services

Canongatehibs
07-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Only 41 convictions in South Africa for diddling the tax authorities. Hope HMRC monitor The Rangers closely.

he's as bad as Glasgow's baddest. Make no mistake.

ano hibby
07-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Financial services

Any more than that? Which part of FS? Was it UK or SA based? Any companies we'd have heard of?
Be interested to know...be an obvious background article for a good journal I'd have thought.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Any more than that? Which part of FS? Was it UK or SA based? Any companies we'd have heard of?
Be interested to know...be an obvious background article for a good journal I'd have thought.
From the little I've seen, he emigrated to SA at a young age, and made all his money there.

And that's all I know :)

southsider
07-03-2015, 08:23 AM
I heard that the man who signed off DK's tax liabilities has himself been charged with fraud and SA tax authorities are going after DK again. Anyone else heard this ?

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2015, 08:27 AM
I heard that the man who signed off DK's tax liabilities has himself been charged with fraud and SA tax authorities are going after DK again. Anyone else heard this ?
That came up recently. There is a new regime in place at SARS, the SA Revenue Service. They want to have another look at some of the tax settlements that have been made in recent years, DK included.

ano hibby
07-03-2015, 11:11 AM
From the little I've seen, he emigrated to SA at a young age, and made all his money there.

And that's all I know :)

Ok ta

ekhibee
07-03-2015, 11:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_King_(businessman)

Well suited to Sevco.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2015, 11:32 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_King_(businessman)

Well suited to Sevco.
So the financial services story is keek.

Apologies :)

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Another Romanov on the horizon.

Too many top table masons with fingers in pies.

ano hibby
08-03-2015, 09:32 AM
I don't have the strength or time to look into his background properly but I'm sure it would make interesting reading.

All that Wikipedia says is he set up a consulting firm which (initially predumably) did the outsourcing for the treasury dept of one of the 13 water boards in SA. Hardly sounds like the path to great riches...

Pete
08-03-2015, 11:22 PM
I completely disagree.
The players are rotten

We could list the current Rangers players and dissect their achievements and performances at their previous clubs. They were cherry picked and given big money for a reason. It's not the players fault, it's the rotten club they are at.

My sympathy for them is certainly at a premium as it's entirely there own fault that their careers have stagnated. They took the dollar and chose to take a gamble by dropping their standards and moving to a club in turmoil so this was always one of the likely outcomes.

Hell mend them

Tinribs
09-03-2015, 12:32 AM
We could list the current Rangers players and dissect their achievements and performances at their previous clubs. They were cherry picked and given big money for a reason. It's not the players fault, it's the rotten club they are at.

My sympathy for them is certainly at a premium as it's entirely there own fault that their careers have stagnated. They took the dollar and chose to take a gamble by dropping their standards and moving to a club in turmoil so this was always one of the likely outcomes.

Hell mend them

****ing A.

Alex Trager
09-03-2015, 06:19 AM

Hell mend them

There are a lot of players in that squad I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Previous honours or not, the team is full with rubbish players

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2015, 06:22 AM
He sounded like a right bigoted *******. I only saw a 2min interview and he said back to our roots, traditional Rangers etc etc a good few times.

We all know what he means.

tamig
09-03-2015, 10:48 AM
He sounded like a right bigoted *******. I only saw a 2min interview and he said back to our roots, traditional Rangers etc etc a good few times.

Indeed. He keeps going on about "values" too. What values would that be then - other than the gash that's bundled in with their roots and traditions. The bigotry will be cranked up a few notches.

worcesterhibby
09-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Indeed. He keeps going on about "values" too. What values would that be then - other than the gash that's bundled in with their roots and traditions. The bigotry will be cranked up a few notches.

Let's not forget..bigotry, racism and hatred are all still a very real part of everyday life if you are a rich white South African. My best mates family all emigrated to SA and so I chat to them every few years when they come over...the stuff they come out with is toe curling. King will know doubt fit in very well at Greyskull..he has their hate filled mindset and their divine right mentality.

greenginger
09-03-2015, 11:06 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26358424

This is just one example of the numerous calls King made to damage the Rangers business before he moved in bought his holding at a rock bottom price and engineered his power grab.

Probably nothing wrong with that sort of behavior in the world of football, but Rangers are a listed PLC on the AIMS Market.

Is there something the Regulators may ask questions about ?

Onion
09-03-2015, 11:14 AM

100% correct , yet not one journo has had the balls to ask what that means. The SPFL did not implode, the world did not stop turning, and no one other than Celtic and the weegie media has missed them. They have proven to be IRRELEVANT to everyone else which must really piss them off, so they concoct some fairytale about being the social conscious and leaders of our game. What a lot of horse ****.

Sudds_1
09-03-2015, 11:59 AM

He also said that his first early aspiration is to make them the undisputed second best team in scotland...........a solid Number 2.

Well..........I don't think he need worry on that score. They are certainly a number 2, as are many of their players :-)

tamig
09-03-2015, 12:07 PM
He also said that his first early aspiration is to make them the undisputed second best team in scotland...........a solid Number 2.

Well..........I don't think he need worry on that score. They are certainly a number 2, as are many of their players :-)

I thought that comment was a bit strange tbh and just reeked of more of the same. Since Chuckie took over they've routinely had the second highest wage bill in the land. So what's new?

southsider
09-03-2015, 12:08 PM

What are the "values" in running up huge debts all over the place. Not paying and then pretending as if nothing had happened. Perhaps DK's first act will be to repay everyone that got fleeced when he was last on the board ? Then again perhaps he won't.