PDA

View Full Version : Otj

Mark79
06-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Has announced retirement. I thought he retired when he signed for us?

lord bunberry
06-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Shame for the guy. Was it an injury? He seemed a cracking player for Inverness, but his career seemed to go down hill after he left them.
I wish him all the best.

jacomo
06-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Why has he retired? Presumably injuries? Does this explain why he didn't perform at Hibs?

Jumbo
06-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Why has he retired? Presumably injuries? Does this explain why he didn't perform at Hibs?

Been advised to retire because of reoccurring knee injury

Smartie
06-03-2015, 12:46 PM
That explains a lot tbh.

He looked a player at Inverness, was injured most of the time he was with us and pretty unimpressive the rest of the time.

Terrible thing to happen to anyone though.

jdships
06-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Been advised to retire because of reoccurring knee injury

Am told it is so severe that if he continued playing it could have had serious effect on his mobility
Good luck to the lad . Came over as a decent guy the one time I met/spoke with him at ER. :flag:

jacomo
06-03-2015, 03:58 PM
That explains a lot tbh.

He looked a player at Inverness, was injured most of the time he was with us and pretty unimpressive the rest of the time.

I blame Butcher. Just because I want to.

DH1875
06-03-2015, 04:48 PM
That explains a lot tbh.

:agree:

Lago
06-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Sorry for the guy, I thought he was going to be a great signing for Hibs.

TheFamous1875
06-03-2015, 05:02 PM
He's somewhat worthy of a pardon from us baying Hibees if he's had these problems, but he shouldn't have been signed in the first place if this was his situation. I'm sure he would've been on a decent wage, which really should've went to a player who could've contributed significantly to our squad.

Another case of Hibernian complacency; at least he can be given a bit of retrospective leeway, as opposed to eternal damnation which is what his contribution to our club seemed to warrant :aok:

Stuarty27
06-03-2015, 05:16 PM
He was awful...

Ill never forget that shot....:greengrin

brog
06-03-2015, 05:20 PM
He's somewhat worthy of a pardon from us baying Hibees if he's had these problems, but he shouldn't have been signed in the first place if this was his situation. I'm sure he would've been on a decent wage, which really should've went to a player who could've contributed significantly to our squad.

Another case of Hibernian complacency; at least he can be given a bit of retrospective leeway, as opposed to eternal damnation which is what his contribution to our club seemed to warrant :aok:

You're making an awful lot of assumptions there as to when his injury occurred. Before it becomes a Net Fact that we signed a cripple here's some real facts.1) When we signed him from ICT they were desperate to retain his services which doesn't therefore sound as if any problems were known before we signed him. 2) He passed a stringent medical before joining us so I'm not sure why he shouldn't have been signed or where the complacency comes in.
FWIW I think he's one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Hibs jersey but I wish him well for the future.

heretoday
06-03-2015, 05:21 PM
He was one of the worst players I have ever seen turning out for Hibs.

When he came on in the final play-off game last season he had difficulty controlling the bouncing ball.

Good luck in a non-football career, mate.

portyhibernian
06-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Wish him well but what a terrible signing he was.

Pete
06-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Heart goes out to the guy. All the best for the future.

Bad players don't get capped for Wales and he was just part of the wrong set-up in my opinion.

keep the faith
06-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Guy has had to announce the end of his career and some tube on Twitter is having a go at him about his form at hibs.
Sometimes you really do wonder...

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Guy has had to announce the end of his career and some tube on Twitter is having a go at him about his form at hibs.

Too many twits and twats on twitter.

celthedd1
06-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Too many twits and twats on twitter.

I see him sometines in the DW Fitness in Bangor North Wales.Had a chat with him last week and mentioned I followed Hibs, he jokingly said that Hibs are doing well because they got rid of the dead wood !
He has retired and I've seen him as a pundit on Welsh Football Channel.

Mr White
06-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Good luck to him, hopefully he's able to carve out a successful career for himself doing something else.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Hope it doesn't keep him off the golf course for too long.

Seriously it didn't work out for him at Hibs but being forced to retire at such a young age is tough

FranckSuzy
06-03-2015, 09:30 PM

Saw that :rolleyes: Mind you, the guy got a :slipper: from OTJ in return :greengrin

lord bunberry
06-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Saw that :rolleyes: Mind you, the guy got a :slipper: from OTJ in return :greengrin
I'm sure these players expect a bit of that on Twitter. I'd like to think that most of the tweets from Hibees were positive. It didn't work out for him at hibs, but he played for us and for that he deserves respect.

lucky
06-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Feel sorry for him and wish him all the best for the future but his half hearted attempt at a tackle in the last minute against Hamilton was a major moment in Hibs history and contributed to our relegation

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Am told it is so severe that if he continued playing it could have had serious effect on his mobility
Good luck to the lad . Came over as a decent guy the one time I met/spoke with him at ER. :flag:

His mobility was suspect when at us..

Total cart horse and part of the worst Hibs side I can remember!

More than likely already made more cash than most normal folk will do in a lifetime just for kickin a ball about and being pretty average at that..

**** happens

Northernhibee
06-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Feel sorry for the bloke, hope he has a successful career in the future. Nice bloke with a good sense of humour, just a shame his knee hampered his ability.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Good luck to him, hopefully he's able to carve out a successful career for himself doing something else.

Maybe a ladder less window cleaner?

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Now he'll realise that in the real world of working life performance does matter.

jacomo
06-03-2015, 11:52 PM
You're making an awful lot of assumptions there as to when his injury occurred. Before it becomes a Net Fact that we signed a cripple here's some real facts.1) When we signed him from ICT they were desperate to retain his services which doesn't therefore sound as if any problems were known before we signed him. 2) He passed a stringent medical before joining us so I'm not sure why he shouldn't have been signed or where the complacency comes in.
FWIW I think he's one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Hibs jersey but I wish him well for the future.

I'm happy to put this one down to bad luck, but I'll take your 'stringent medical' with a large spoon of salt, given the amateurish way Hibs were running things back then.

Just listen to Alan Stubbs - he was taken aback by the poor standards of training and professionalism when he joined us - and look how much better we are with a proper regime in place.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if OTJ's medical amounted to Pat Fenlon asking him if he was grand and OTJ nodding his head.

brog
07-03-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm happy to put this one down to bad luck, but I'll take your 'stringent medical' with a large spoon of salt, given the amateurish way Hibs were running things back then.

Just listen to Alan Stubbs - he was taken aback by the poor standards of training and professionalism when he joined us - and look how much better we are with a proper regime in place.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if OTJ's medical amounted to Pat Fenlon asking him if he was grand and OTJ nodding his head.

Presumably Falkirk's medical when he joined them was equally amateurish then?

Bronson
07-03-2015, 01:36 AM
I'll be honest, I think he's a bit of a twat. Awful footballer and quite mouthy online, much like Rowan Vine and Tim Clancy.

Nevertheless, 30 is young to be forced into retirement, not nice to see.

The_Horde
07-03-2015, 05:21 AM
His mobility was suspect when at us..

Total cart horse and part of the worst Hibs side I can remember!

More than likely already made more cash than most normal folk will do in a lifetime just for kickin a ball about and being pretty average at that..

**** happens

Not his fault huddy managers signed and played him.

Maybe he's made more cash than a regular paying job but he's only managed to get around 10 years of a full time career out of it and now he has to find something else.

If you can't feel for the him then IMO you're more miserable than I thought. Or maybe you're just trying to say something different to make yourself sound half interesting.